Farma

Jaxxi
24.10.2018 kl 18:31 2886

Certain types of bladder tumors are hard to remove using surgical procedures like a TURBT, particularly flat tumors (carcinoma in situ). In addition, some tumors may be likely to recur after initial resection. In these cases, special medications that destroy cancer cells may be placed directly into the bladder. This treatment is called intravesical therapy.

det er vel nettopp på dette området at Photocure gjør sine neste fremskritt i sammarbeid med Combat medical, men først i norden da!

"The distribution agreement with Combat Medical is a milestone for Photocure as it represents the first step in expanding our portfolio and our footprint in the bladder cancer field. We are proud to be a recognized player in the field and chosen as a partner for an innovative drug delivery device. It is also a significant step towards our vision: Driving Change in Bladder Cancer Management. The delivery system represents an excellent strategic fit to our expertise and current Blue Light Cystoscopy with Hexvix® business. More than 7000 patients are diagnosed with non-muscle invasive bladder cancer in the Nordic area every year, and approximately 50% of them will undergo repeat instillation therapy," says Erik Dahl, CFO and Interim CEO of Photocure.

Rapportér innlegg

Vennligst skriv inn kommentar på hva du mener er upassende og trykk send. Dersom kommentar ikke er nødvendig, vennligst trykk send direkte.
E-postadressen brukes kun for å få kontakt med deg i forbindelse med advarselen.
E-postadressen brukes kun for å få kontakt med deg i forbindelse med advarselen.