Farma

Hugoil
05.08.2020 kl 13:25 3326

mlande: Kommentar til dette?:

Yale-affiliated physicians used HCQ early in the response to COVID-19, but it is only used rarely at present due to evidence that it is ineffective and potentially risky. The Food and Drug Administration of the U.S. Public Health Service issued the following statement (in part):

June 15, 2020 Update: Based on ongoing analysis and emerging scientific data, FDA has revoked the emergency use authorization (EUA) to use hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat COVID-19 in certain hospitalized patients when a clinical trial is unavailable or participation is not feasible. We made this determination based on recent results from a large, randomized clinical trial in hospitalized patients that found these medicines showed no benefit for decreasing the likelihood of death or speeding recovery. This outcome was consistent with other new data, including those showing the suggested dosing for these medicines are unlikely to kill or inhibit the virus that causes COVID-19. As a result, we determined that the legal criteria for the EUA are no longer met.

https://publichealth.yale.edu/news-article/26290/?fbclid=IwAR0Yq1Tf1j95qftPU-M46u8w69OTp84P85tJSlQoY7U5YDG30fmx-1zXU0A

(https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/87844?fbclid=IwAR2ZdC6xr5Qv6im_xz2qppEBR5yrEVK6jv2ShJGUJp64bj3SiT-EMNR9kH0 )
--

Fra kommentarfeltet for linken i parantes:

"Ramin Oskoui, MD
July 31, 2020
The political bias here is astounding. Before this hit job did you give Dr. Risch time to respond. As for the supposedly discredited Raoult paper, you used his first work. He has published with 3700 patients.
I recommend everyone simply read the primary source data critically. Next thing you will be quoting retracted articles from the NEJM or Lancet.
The decision to use hydroxychloroquine is between a doctor and their patient. Its always a risk benefit whether on label or off label
Let's not exaggerate the safety issues. I've written on this in the BMJ. The so called safety data suggesting HCQ isn't safe isn't substantiated by critical review of the literature or common sense experience in Rheumatology."

Stephen Strum MD

July 31, 2020

In reply to Ramin Oskoui, MD. You cannot equate the safety of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in patients with SLE or rheumatoid arthritis with those having COVID-19. Contextual issues are clearly different in COVID-19 where inflammation & hypercoagulability are being shown to be key findings in the pathogenesis of this disease. Another example would be the disease that I have, which is called light chain amyloidosis (AL). I am a hematologist/oncologist with a malignant plasma cell disorder characterized by amyloid deposition due to monoclonal light chain production. The risk of sudden cardiac death (SCD) in patients with my context when given drugs that prolong the QTc interval is very high. Similarly, in COVID-19 with issues of cardiovascular epithelitis, microthrombi, hypercoagulability, and ramped-up inflammation, context plays a huge role.

I would hope that calmer responses to this issue re hydroxychloroquine prevail and that methodical study of those patients who have received HCQ be done. That is the way that scientific truth is established.

Lastly, clearly no political personage, be they POTUS or anyone else should be espousing their uneducated views about what patients should be taking or not taking or what measures should be used to prevent viral transmission. And those in high academic offices like the CDC, FDA, and NIAID should not be beholding to the whims of POTUS or other politicians. This is an issue of the separation of Science from Politics, and we know home much politics has intruded into the world of medicine.
Redigert 21.01.2021 kl 07:59

Rapportér innlegg

Vennligst skriv inn kommentar på hva du mener er upassende og trykk send. Dersom kommentar ikke er nødvendig, vennligst trykk send direkte.
E-postadressen brukes kun for å få kontakt med deg i forbindelse med advarselen.
E-postadressen brukes kun for å få kontakt med deg i forbindelse med advarselen.