Shipping

KokkenTor
AMSC 31.01.2018 kl 10:39 20107

Fra Pareto i går:

Jones Act – Showing some January strength
* The Jones Act market is tightening up according to recent comments from OSG CEO Tim Norton at a conference in the US yesterday
* According to Norton, spot rates have increased from high-30s to mid-50s over the last four to five months
* The market has been troubled by vessel oversupply since the U.S opened up for crude exports, no longer limiting cargoes for domestic trades
* Although rates have been long depressed, a large part of the Jones Act fleet has surpassed 30 years of age and we estimate that approximately 25% of the vessels (out of a fleet of ~100) are scrapping candidates
* The explosion on the ATB Buster Bouchard in October underpins the need for scrapping old and ‘dangerous’ tonnage, which should help on the supply/demand
balance going forward

Rapportér innlegg

Vennligst skriv inn kommentar på hva du mener er upassende og trykk send. Dersom kommentar ikke er nødvendig, vennligst trykk send direkte.
E-postadressen brukes kun for å få kontakt med deg i forbindelse med advarselen.
E-postadressen brukes kun for å få kontakt med deg i forbindelse med advarselen.