Industri

Kommentatoren
08.05.2019 kl 16:01 4019

Helt fantastisk dette og overgår mine forventninger som har vært veldig store. Særlig gjelder altså det pantesatsen på 20 pence. Glassflasker er også med!

Scotland reveals design of deposit return scheme

PrintBy Liz Wells in Industry News 8th May 2019

The Scottish government has today (8 May) outlined the design of its deposit return scheme for single-use drinks containers.

The scheme will include aluminium and steel cans, as well as drinks containers made of glass and Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plastic, with a 20p deposit as part of plans to combat climate change.

The Scottish Government intends to introduce legislation later this year for its implementation. Once the regulations are passed by the Scottish Parliament, there will then be an implementation period of at least 12 months before the scheme is established.

Environment secretary, Roseanna Cunningham, said: “Scotland was the first part of the UK to commit to a deposit return scheme as part of our wider efforts to prevent discarded drinks containers from ending up in our streets and seas, and is now the first to outline its design – one that is ambitious in scale and scope, and which gives the people of Scotland a clear and straightforward way to do their bit for the environment.

“There is a global climate emergency and people across Scotland have been calling, rightly, for more ambition to tackle it and safeguard our planet for future generations. I am therefore delighted to confirm that I intend to implement a system covering PET – the most common form of plastic packaging – aluminum and steel cans, and glass, with a deposit refund set at 20p.

“Supported by international evidence our plans for Scotland’s Deposit Return Scheme are gathering pace with widespread consensus demonstrating that a well-run, appropriately-targeted scheme could improve the environment, change attitudes to recycling and litter, and support a more circular economy.”

In response to the news, Samantha Harding, litter programme director at CPRE, said: “We wholeheartedly congratulate the Scottish government on making this landmark decision. By introducing a deposit return system for glass, plastic and metal drinks containers it has taken a significant step in tackling the problem of packaging pollution – one that has resulted in devastating consequences for our countryside and environment for far too long.

“On this side of the border, we will be urging environment secretary Michael Gove to build on Scotland’s ambition and go one better, by making sure every drinks carton is also included within England’s deposit system.

“Introducing a truly ‘all-in’ deposit system will not only boost recycle rates to close to 100%, but also make the producers of drinks packaging rightly liable for the cost of every piece of packaging they create. This will encourage them to use more recycled materials, which will reduce waste, slow down the depletion of natural resources and move us one step closer to the circular economy that our planet so desperately needs.”

https://www.talkingretail.com/news/industry-news/217896-08-05-2019/

Rapportér innlegg

Vennligst skriv inn kommentar på hva du mener er upassende og trykk send. Dersom kommentar ikke er nødvendig, vennligst trykk send direkte.
E-postadressen brukes kun for å få kontakt med deg i forbindelse med advarselen.
E-postadressen brukes kun for å få kontakt med deg i forbindelse med advarselen.