Forskning på bemcentinib, BGB324, R428 - teknisk tråd.

Yngling ØH
BGBIO 13.05.2020 kl 00:53 18761

Her en kanskje kilden til noe av den informasjonen som har trigget BGBIO til å se om bemcentinib kan ha effekt mot Sars-Cov-2?
Studien ble publisert av kinesiske forskere 20. januar 2020, og spekulerte i at AXL receptor tyrosine kinase har en rolle i Covid-19.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/339333412_Single-cell_RNA_expression_profiling_of_ACE2_and_AXL_in_the_human_maternal-Fetal_interface

Oversatt med Google Translate:
"2019s nye koronavirussykdom har resultert i tusenvis av kritisk syke pasienter i Kina, noe som er en alvorlig trussel mot folks liv og helse. Det ble rapportert at alvorlig akutt respirasjonssyndrom-coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) hadde samme reseptor, angiotensin-konverterende enzym 2 (ACE2), med SARS-CoV. Her, basert på den offentlige enkeltcelle RNA-sekvenseringsdatabasen, analyserte vi mRNA-ekspresjonsprofilen til antatt reseptor ACE2 og AXL reseptor tyrosinkinase (AXL) i det tidlige mors-fosterets grensesnitt. Resultatet indikerer at ACE2 har veldig lavt uttrykk i de forskjellige celletyper av tidlig mors-foster-grensesnitt, bortsett fra litt høyt i desidual perivaskulære celler klynge 1 (PV1). Interessant nok fant vi at Zika-virus (ZIKV) reseptor AXL-uttrykk er konsentrert i perivaskulære celler og stromalceller, noe som indikerer at det er relativt flere AXL-uttrykkende celler i det tidlige mors-fosterets grensesnitt. Denne studien gir en mulig infeksjonsvei og mekanisme for den SARS-CoV-2- eller ZIKV-infiserte mor-til-fosteroverføringssykdommen, som kan være informativ for fremtidig terapeutisk strategiutvikling."

Du trodde kanskje noen aksjer i BGBIO skulle være ditt lodd i tilfelle de lykkes med en covid-19 medisin? Vel... Jeg håper du ikke kaster barnet ut med badevannet om de ikke lykkes i covid-19 studien. For BGBIO har MYE på gang. MYE, MYE, MER enn medisin som kan hjelpe mot covid-19. Mye av det som forskes på av bemcentinib blir aldri til en kommersiell behandling, men noe kommer det til å bli. Spørsmålet er bare HVOR LANG TID det vil ta, og HVOR SYKT STORT dette blir etter hvert.
Redigert 21.01.2021 kl 04:09 Du må logge inn for å svare
BioBull
15.05.2020 kl 17:41 5456

Dette er jo helt fantastisk ! Takk for alle innlegg om hvor utrolig denne medisinen er.

Redigert 21.01.2021 kl 02:40 Du må logge inn for å svare
Yngling ØH
16.05.2020 kl 11:38 5232

"But Mr Godfrey said: “I’m expecting something bigger because it’s so different to anything else that’s been tried. We are stopping the virus surviving.”

He added that when the drug was used on the deadly virus it showed “some very big effects that dwarf what I’ve seen.”"

Oversettelse:
Men Mr Godfrey sa: "Jeg forventer noe større fordi det er så annerledes enn alt annet som er prøvd. Vi hindrer viruset i å overleve.”

Han la til at når stoffet ble brukt på det dødelige viruset, viste det "noen veldig store effekter som overgår alt jeg har sett."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11537583/bemcentinib-coronavirus-trials-nhs/

Tror dere fortsatt at det kun er 80% sannsynlighet for at bemcentinib virker mot sars-cov-2?
Yngling ØH
16.05.2020 kl 17:53 5038

"University of Iowa Virology Research Helps Facilitate New Clinical Trial for COVID-19"

"Maury’s new studies suggest that the enveloped Coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19, uses AXL to enter into some cells, and that bemcentinib profoundly inhibits virus entry into those cells. These preclinical findings suggest that bemcentinib is potentially useful for the treatment of early SARS-CoV-2 infection. 

“Viruses must enter cells to replicate and my lab has previously shown that AXL is one of several cell surface receptors used by different enveloped viruses to enter cells,” explains Maury, professor of microbiology and immunology at the UI Carver College of Medicine. “Ebola virus and Zika virus use this type of receptor. We have now shown that SARS-CoV-2 uses AXL to enter multiple cell types; a finding that may explain some of the disease symptoms caused by SARS-CoV-2.”

Maury’s role in the new work grew from a collaboration she has with James Lorens, professor of biomedicine at the University of Bergen and Chief Scientific Officer of BerGenBio. Both research groups have a shared interest in AXL. Maury’s group focuses on AXL’s role as a receptor for enveloped viruses, whereas Lorens’ group studies the role of AXL in tumor formation and metastasis. Based on Lorens’ work, BerGenBio has developed novel, selective AXL kinase inhibitors, including bemcentinib, which has been tested in clinical trials for certain cancers and has been shown to be safe and well-tolerated in hundreds of patients.

Given the dual role of AXL, it was logical to test bemcentinib’s antiviral activity against the SARS-CoV-2 virus. 

“Our longstanding research collaboration with Dr. Maury, along with her expertise in this area and the University of Iowa’s capability to work with the SARS-CoV-2 virus, was an ideal opportunity for us to rapidly test the effect of bemcentinib on this virus,” Lorens says.

“The combination of our very positive data on the drug’s ability to inhibit viral entry into cells, coupled with all of the safety work and clinical trial testing that Dr. Lorens and BerGenBio have completed on the drug, has paved the way for testing of this drug in patients with COVID-19,” adds Maury, who has a contract with BerGenBio for this research. "

https://www.newswise.com/coronavirus/university-of-iowa-virology-research-helps-facilitate-new-clinical-trial-for-covid-19/?article_id=730807
Yngling ØH
16.05.2020 kl 18:50 4931

BerGenBio has announced that bemcentinib has been selected as the first potential treatment to be fast-tracked in a new UK national multi-centre randomized Phase II clinical trial initiative.

The Accelerating COVID-19 Research & Development platform (ACCORD) study is being funded by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). ACCORD brings together a single, UK-wide clinical trial platform provided by the clinical research company IQVIA and UK research expertise through the National Institute for Health Research, to rapidly test potential drugs through early stage clinical trials and feed them into the UK’s large-scale COVID-19 studies such as the RECOVERY trial, currently the world’s largest randomized controlled clinical trial for COVID-19 treatment.

“We are delighted to be part of this initiative which is a ground-breaking partnership between government, academia and industry.  We are hopeful that bemcentinib can play a significant role in the global effort to find suitable treatment options for COVID-19 patients, which has had such serious implications for so many people and thereby ease pressures on hospital intensive care units, and ultimately treat thousands of patients. We are poised to commence dosing in the coming days and will provide results as soon as is practically possible,” says Richard Godfrey, Chief Executive Officer of BerGenBio.

Data will readout within a few months

The ACCORD study is a multicentre Phase II adaptive randomization platform trial to assess the efficacy and safety of multiple candidate agents, the first of which is bemcentinib, for the treatment of COVID-19 in hospitalised UK NHS patients. The study, with drug material and trial resources provided by BerGenBio, will rapidly commence testing in 120 subjects (60 hospitalized COVID-19 patients and 60 control group patients receiving standard of care treatment) across 6 UK NHS hospital trusts, with the first patients due to be treated imminently.

BerGenBio anticipates that top line data will readout within a few months. Data will be open source and freely available to enable global knowledge sharing and collaboration.

If positive results are seen, bemcentinib will advance rapidly into the large-scale Phase III trials currently in progress across the UK.

Bemcentinib’s applicability to treat COVID-19

Preclinical data suggest that bemcentinib is potentially useful for the treatment of early SARS-CoV-2 infection. Bemcentinib is a once-a-day, oral, highly selective and potent inhibitor of AXL kinase. Bemcentinib has previously demonstrated a key role in cancer treatment: preventing immune evasion, drug resistance and metastasis in a variety of cancer trials.

The drug has to date been shown to be safe and well-tolerated in patients and in many cases taken daily for several years, states the company.

Bemcentinib has previously been reported to exhibit potent anti-viral activity in preclinical models against several enveloped viruses, including Ebola and Zika virus. Recent data have expanded this to SARS-CoV-2. Bemcentinib selectively inhibits AXL kinase activity, blocking viral entry and enhancing the anti-viral type I interferon response, a key cellular defence mechanism against viral infection.

“There has been a tremendous effort to pull this initiative together so rapidly. ACCORD is a national effort and will be key to developing effective new treatments which are needed so desperately. The ACCORD platform will be able to rapidly test potential new treatments, advancing the most promising through Phase 2 clinical trials into the NHS. This unique national platform for developing new COVID-19 drug candidates will access the world-class expertise and resources of the NIHR Respiratory Translational Research Collaboration and allied centres nationwide,” says Professor Tom Wilkinson, ACCORD clinical academic lead based at the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Southampton Biomedical Research Centre.

ACCORD is part of a co-ordinated therapeutic development pathway that the Government has put in place, overseen by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and delivered by UKRI, as part of the overall Therapeutics Taskforce."

https://nordiclifescience.org/bergenbios-bemcentinib-potential-treatment-for-covid-19/

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Som skrevet i en av de andre artiklene jeg har lenket over, så er altså bemcentinib testet spesifikt på sars-cov-2 i en pre-klinisk studie, der Godfrey har beskrevet at resultatene overgår alt han har sett.

"Bemcentinib has previously been reported to exhibit potent anti-viral activity in preclinical models against several enveloped viruses, including Ebola and Zika virus. Recent data have expanded this to SARS-CoV-2. Bemcentinib selectively inhibits AXL kinase activity, blocking viral entry and enhancing the anti-viral type I interferon response, a key cellular defence mechanism against viral infection."
Ulcus Molle
16.05.2020 kl 18:51 4929

Her er en til, som jeg ikke så i samlingen over. Sier noe om bakgrunnen for at Bemcentinib er valgt og hvordan den virker sammenlignet med andre kandidater...

https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4915/12/5/525
Yngling ØH
16.05.2020 kl 18:55 4914

"...He added that when the drug was used on the deadly virus it showed “some very big effects that dwarf what I’ve seen.”
Yngling ØH
16.05.2020 kl 19:03 4883

Bra! :-)

Jeg får bare opp abstract for den studien, men slik jeg forstår den , så har de ikke utført noen eksperimenter på levende sars-cov-2 virus. Det ser ut som laboratoriet i Iowa (eller noen andre som ikke er nevnt ved navn) har utført prekliniske studier på levende virus, selv om det ikke er skrevet.
Ulcus Molle
16.05.2020 kl 21:01 4715

Du kan klikke inn på full text eller pdf. Knapperad over abstract. Veldig informativ!
Yngling ØH
16.05.2020 kl 21:33 4625

Bra! Var på mobilen og i farten. Skal lese senere. Takker!
Yngling ØH
18.05.2020 kl 19:58 4317

IN DEPTHCOVID-19

U.S. ‘Warp Speed’ vaccine effort comes out of the shadows

Conventional wisdom is that a vaccine for COVID-19 is at least 1 year away, but the organizers of a U.S. government push called Operation Warp Speed have little use for conventional wisdom. The project, vaguely described to date but likely to be formally announced by the White House in the coming days, will pick a diverse set of vaccine candidates and pour essentially limitless resources into unprecedented comparative studies in animals, fast-tracked human trials, and manufacturing. Eschewing international cooperation—and any vaccine candidates from China—it hopes to have 300 million doses by January 2021 of a proven product, reserved for Americans.

Those and other details, spelled out for Science by a government official involved with Warp Speed, have unsettled some vaccine scientists and public health experts. They're skeptical about the timeline and hope Warp Speed will complement, rather than compete with, ongoing COVID-19 vaccine efforts, including one announced last month by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). “Duplication only leads to infighting and slowing people down,” says Nicole Lurie, former U.S. assistant secretary for preparedness and response, who advises the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), a nonprofit funding and helping coordinate COVID-19 vaccine efforts. “The U.S., and others around the world, should be engaged in this competition against the virus, not against one another.”

Warp Speed, first revealed by Bloomberg News on 29 April, has so far only been outlined. President Donald Trump briefly discussed the initiative the next day, saying, “We're going to fast track it like you've never seen before.” According to a CNN report on 1 May, which the source who spoke to Science confirmed, Warp Speed intends to deliver the first 100 million doses of a vaccine in November and another 200 million over the following 2 months.

Yngling ØH
18.05.2020 kl 19:59 4313

More than 100 COVID-19 vaccines are in development, and eight candidates—four from Chinese companies—have entered small trials in people, according to an 11 May update from the World Health Organization (WHO). But there's less than meets the eye in many of the efforts, says a vaccine veteran who asked not to be named. “Half of them are companies that have three guys, an administrative assistant, and a dog.”

The idea for Warp Speed was hatched in early April, says the official, a scientist, who was given permission to discuss it if his name was not used. “Looking around, it became clear that without a really heroic effort, none of the existing efforts to produce vaccine was going to lead us to have vaccine to prevent what looks increasingly like a second wave that could sweep come October, November,” he says. Warp Speed will have three separate “virtual teams” to address development, supply and manufacturing, and distribution, led by a “core team” of a few dozen experts from government, industry, and academia.

Warp Speed has already narrowed its list of vaccine candidates to 14 and plans to push ahead with eight, the official says. “The idea for us is to pick a diversified portfolio” of vaccines made with different technologies, or platforms. Organizers were concerned that other government vaccine investment has been “heavily weighted” toward just two candidates: one made with messenger RNA encoding the coronavirus surface “spike” protein and the other using a cold-causing adenovirus to deliver the same protein's gene. Neither technology, the official notes, has yet led to approved vaccines for any disease.

The official declined to identify Warp Speed's vaccine candidates, but he stressed two key criteria: safety and the potential to make hundreds of millions of doses quickly. “We don't have time to debug manufacturing issues here,” he says. By July, Warp Speed hopes to have its eight lead candidates in human trials. At the same time, it will fund a large-scale comparison of their safety and efficacy in hamsters and monkeys to help winnow down that group. “If something's really bad, we'll get rid of it,” he says.

In parallel with the trials, the project will lay the groundwork for “heavy duty manufacturing” of as many as four different vaccines. More than one may prove worthy, and multiple options guard against contamination incidents and other supply concerns.

Although Warp Speed has not ruled out any type of vaccine, it will not consider ones made in China, such as the inactivated virus vaccine recently shown to protect monkeys from the coronavirus, a first. “We can't partner with Chinese companies,” the official says. “That's just not going to happen.” The decision was “above my pay grade,” he adds.

Warp Speed's main goal is to protect the United States. “The attitude here is the oxygen mask approach,” the official says. “We want to get our oxygen mask on first and then we're going to help the people around us.” Warp Speed, he says, plans to “freely disseminate information” to other countries and share manufacturing technologies, and it may make extra doses for the world.

Many scientists and organizations have argued, however, that any proven COVID-19 vaccines should be accessible and affordable to everyone in the world at the same time. WHO and other groups on 24 April formed the Access to COVID-19 Tools Accelerator that aims to speed development of diagnostics, therapeutics, and vaccines, and ensure “equitable global access to safe, quality, effective, and affordable” products. The European Commission, in turn, organized a fundraiser on 4 May, the Coronavirus Global Response, at which world leaders from many countries and some philanthropists pledged $8 billion; the United States did not participate. CEPI and another nonprofit group, GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance, will oversee the vaccine drive. “It's a global problem, and it needs a global solution,” says Seth Berkley, who heads GAVI.

Berkley supports Warp Speed's plan to triage the many candidates, but he calls it a shortsighted mistake to rule out Chinese products, “given the fact that they're a couple of months ahead.” The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is closely following “15 or so” vaccine candidates, including ones from China, and will support the most promising ones, adds Emilio Emini, a former vaccine developer now with the foundation. “You need to have a global portfolio so that you're not putting all your chips on one part of the roulette table,” he says.

Warp Speed's relationship to the NIH initiative, Accelerating COVID-19 Therapeutic Interventions and Vaccines (ACTIV), remains unclear. That project plans to coordinate clinical trials of several COVID-19 vaccines and use common institutional review boards, safety monitors, and protocols, NIH Director Francis Collins and co-authors explain in a commentary published online on 11 May by Science.

When asked about the NIH effort, the Warp Speed official said there is “no conflict at all—they are working together—one intellectually (ACTIV) and one operationally (Warp Speed).” But several scientists on the ACTIV vaccine subcommittee say they know little about Warp Speed. And one member, Peter Hotez of the Baylor College of Medicine, worries about both its name and timeline, noting the antivaccine movement argues products are often rushed to market without adequate testing. “Some of the language coming out of the White House is very damaging,” says Hotez, who is part of a team making a COVID-19 vaccine candidate. As for the January delivery of 300 million doses, “I don't see a path by which you can collect enough efficacy and safety data by the end of the year.”

The official acknowledges Warp Speed is aiming high. “I know that there's a reasonable probability that we're going to fail,” he says. “And if we fail, I want to make sure we've investigated all of the different potential ways we could have gone.”

Yngling ØH
18.05.2020 kl 20:02 4293

Det er greit med store ambisjoner, og man må ha store ambisjoner når coronakrisen skal løses. Men Operation Warp Speed gjør ikke bemcentinib sitt business case dårlig om de lykkes med ACCORD studien
Yngling ØH
18.05.2020 kl 20:05 4266

Ville du tatt en mRNA vaksine som aldri har hatt suksess på mennesker før, som i tillegg har hoppet bukk over viktige langtidsstudier som normalt gjennomføres for å sikre vaksinens sikkerhet?
Nanoq
18.05.2020 kl 21:48 4031

Bare en desperat Trump vil tillate og promovere massevaksinasjon med en vaksine som ikke er langtidstestet på mennesker, men jeg kan nesten ikke forestille meg at fornuftige politikere og embedsmenn ikke vil gjøre mytteri hvis det skjedde - i hvert fall i de fleste andre land, men såmen også i USA.

Denslags eksperimenter er jo oppskriften på en menneskeskapt nasjonal katastrofe.
Hayen
18.05.2020 kl 21:52 4006

Hvis Bemcentinib har god effekt, så er spørsmålet:
Hva skal man da med en vaksine?
Som vil koste mye å få produsert og rullet ut?
Som man ikke vet om hjelper alle?
Som kan ha mulige ekle bieffekter?
Som man ikke vet om gir varig immunitet?
Yngling ØH
18.05.2020 kl 22:24 3879

Det går nok sikkert bra, men det er nok av folk som har fått langtidsplager etter vaksiner. Vaksiner som er testet lenge nok tar man jo fordi det er en fordelaktig risk-reward. Men en vaksine som knapt er testet? Du skal være passelig i risikosonen om risk-reward anses fordelaktig.

Fordelen med tabletter er at virkestoffet går ut av systemet relativt raskt når du stopper medisineringen. mRNA vaksiner penetrerer cellene og endrer kroppens immunforsvar. Hva om du ender opp med et overaktivt immunforsvar lengre frem?
Slettet bruker
18.05.2020 kl 22:44 3782

De har forsket i over 30 år på en vaksine mot HIV-viruset uten å løse utfordringen. ca 35 millioner har død av HIV tror en så langt, bare i 2016 og 2017 døde nesten 2 millioner av HIV/Aids komplikasjoner.
Covid-19 vaksinen vil ta tid, det er ikke Donald Trump sitt behov for å pumpe børsene som bestemmer farten frem til godkjennelse.
BioBull
18.05.2020 kl 23:13 3679

Ja det ble 50 idag, men så ikke lenger...
Hvor slutter BGBIO 19.05?
Slettet bruker
18.05.2020 kl 23:17 3654

Jeg fikk nå kjøpt noen flere aksjer i dag...etter at en "nyhet" fra 3 April (Moderna utviklet vaksine) utløste panikk den 18 Mai?!...
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/why-a-coronavirus-vaccine-takes-over-a-year-to-produce-and-why-that-is-incredibly-fast/
Stokk Dum
18.05.2020 kl 23:20 3634

Det var vel mer resultat av phase 1 testing som skapte furore idag.
...og så kom emisjonen.

Moderna plans to sell more than $1 billion in fresh stock after COVID-19 vaccine study success
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/moderna-plans-to-sell-more-than-1-billion-in-fresh-stock-after-covid-19-vaccine-study-success-2020-05-18?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo
Slettet bruker
18.05.2020 kl 23:33 3565

The greatest fear among vaccinologists is the creation of a vaccine that is not only ineffective, but which exacerbates disease. Unfortunately, CoV vaccines have a history of enhancing disease, notably with feline CoVs.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/706717_8
Slettet bruker
18.05.2020 kl 23:36 3552

Vaccines are given to healthy people to prevent disease. While a COVID-19 vaccine is very much needed, a rush to market without appropriate testing could put healthy people at risk. One area of risk is vaccine enhancement, meaning the disease is more harmful to a vaccinated person.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/why-a-coronavirus-vaccine-takes-over-a-year-to-produce-and-why-that-is-incredibly-fast/
Slettet bruker
18.05.2020 kl 23:37 3545

Examples of vaccine-induced enhancement of susceptibility to virus infection or of aberrant viral pathogenesis have been documented for infections by members of different virus families
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19022319
Slettet bruker
18.05.2020 kl 23:39 3532

Examples of vaccine-induced enhancement of susceptibility to virus infection or of aberrant viral pathogenesis have been documented for infections by members of different virus families. Several mechanisms, many of which still are poorly understood, are at the basis of this phenomenon. Vaccine development for lentivirus infections in general, and for HIV/AIDS in particular, has been little successful. Certain experimental lentiviral vaccines even proved to be counterproductive: they rendered vaccinated subjects more susceptible to infection rather than protecting them. For vaccine-induced enhanced susceptibility to infection with certain viruses like feline coronavirus, Dengue virus, and feline immunodeficiency virus, it has been shown that antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE) plays an important role. Other mechanisms may, either in the absence of or in combination with ADE, be involved. Consequently, vaccine-induced enhancement has been a major stumble block in the development of certain flavi-, corona-, paramyxo-, and lentivirus vaccines. Also recent failures in the development of a vaccine against HIV may at least in part be attributed to induction of enhanced susceptibility to infection. There may well be a delicate balance between the induction of protective immunity on the one hand and the induction of enhanced susceptibility on the other. The present paper reviews the currently known mechanisms of vaccine-induced enhancement of susceptibility to virus infection or of aberrant viral pathogenesis.
Yngling ØH
19.05.2020 kl 17:04 3291

Jeg anbefaler alle som er interessert i å lære om mRNA vaksineutvikling å lese denne artikkelen.
Et av punktene dere kanskje kommer til å legge merke til er at motstandsdyktighet beror på hvor stor dose man har fått. Det har jo vert spekulert en stund om de som har blitt mest syk av coronaviruset er de som har endt opp med å få en stor dose av viruset på smittetidspunktet.

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/comment/modernas-phase-i-covid-19-mrna-vaccine-has-manufacturing-edge-but-many-obstacles-to-confirm-protection-lay-ahead/

Det er i alle fall my som skal gå Modernas vei om de skal få vaksinen ut i januar 2021, ... OG får folk til å våge å ta den vaksinen. Sannsynligvis kommer det til å komme mange kritiske artikler om vaksinen når det har gått en stund.
Slettet bruker
19.05.2020 kl 18:11 3213

Er en fryd og lese innleggene dine, vet ikke hvor du får all kunnskapen fra, men jeg er imponert 👍😊
Yngling ØH
19.05.2020 kl 18:50 3166

Takk for det storm.
Her er ytterligere en artikkel som flombelyser problemer med mRNA vaksiner:
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/unsolved-issues-huge-investments-covid-vaccine-manufacturing/story?id=70120318

"RNA technology leaves researchers with many unsolved challenges, compared to more traditional vaccine types that are already mass produced. One current problem is storage to ensure the vaccine doesn’t degrade. This proves especially tricky for RNA which, by nature, is an intrinsically unstable molecule.

"We haven’t figured out a way to make RNAs stable in the refrigerator yet," said Dr. Rhiju Das, associate professor of biochemistry at Stanford and leader of Eterna massive open laboratory.

"Currently, they’ll have to be deployed in ultra-cold freezers at -80°C. These are available to us since we live near biomedical research facilities, but they’re not going to be available to my friends and family who live in rural parts of the U.S. or in India," Das said.

Yet another problem is securing enough accessory chemicals, critical for vaccine production.

"Many of these RNA vaccines are formulated with magical chemicals that look like oil droplets. These accessory materials are expensive and hard to make in large quantities. No one has figured out how to scale up their manufacturing or get the costs low enough so that everyone can get the vaccine," explained Das."

Kan dere se for dere hvordan man skal klare å få til vaksineproduksjon og deretter distribusjon med kjøling på -80 grader distribuert ut til 7 milliarder... eller X antall milliarder mennesker i løpet av vinteren 2021?

De må jo snart begynne å lage millioner av kjølebager? Og ikke bare vanlige kjølebager, men bag'er som skal holde -80 grader celcius i opp til noen uker, som kan ekspresstransporteres til alle verdens krinkelkroker.

Forgetabout it....Det er ikke litt realistisk. Selv ikke under Operation Warp Speed med militær innsats.

Et annet problem med syntetiske vaksiner er at vaksinens virkningsgrad = kvaliteten i produksjonen. Dvs mRNA vaksiner er mye mer sårbare for svakheter i produksjonen. Med ekstremt forsert oppstart av produksjon, vil hastighet fort kunne gå ut over kvalitet. Jeg antar vi kommer til å lese mer om det i senere artikler.

Det blir ikke mRNA vaksine på oss i 2021. Kanskje ikke i 2022 heller.
Yngling ØH
19.05.2020 kl 21:02 3088

Her er en artikkel som illustrerer utfordringene mange land står i, selv om en RNA vaksine skulle bli klar en gang på nyåret:

https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/news/119333/programme-to-develop-sustainable-cold-chain-delivery-for-covid-19-vaccine-initiated/

"Supported by the Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation in India, experts from the University of Birmingham and Heriot-Watt University, both UK, are joining forces with non-profit, commercial and academic partners to begin investigating the scale of challenge involved in distributing a potentially temperature-sensitive COVID-19 vaccine.

According to the researchers, universal vaccine access is a major challenge, particularly in low-income countries – partly due to the lack of robust cold-chains. The Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization estimates that only 10 percent of health care facilities in the world’s poorest countries have a reliable electricity supply while in some countries less than 5 percent of health centres have vaccine-qualified refrigerators."
Slettet bruker
19.05.2020 kl 21:30 3016

Modernas vaksine var visst ikke så god vaksine;

https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/19/vaccine-experts-say-moderna-didnt-produce-data-critical-to-assessing-covid-19-vaccine/
Yngling ØH
19.05.2020 kl 21:37 2984

Wow!
Modernas cred er ødelagt etter dette. De kommer ikke til å få mulighet til fast track når de tilbakeholder info
Slettet bruker
19.05.2020 kl 21:39 2977

Tror vi skal satse på oppgang i BGBIO i morgen?
Slettet bruker
19.05.2020 kl 21:40 2970

Ja, i hvertfall når markedet får dette med seg 👍
Ærligtalt
19.05.2020 kl 21:42 2976

Huff... Sikkert bare en "glipp"...
Yngling ØH
19.05.2020 kl 22:16 2857

På mandag gikk Moderna ut med en emisjon på ikke mindre enn 1.3 milliarder dollar!
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-19/moderna-stock-offering-is-said-to-price-at-76-per-share

Dette lukter etterspill. Om det viser seg at pressemeldingen om covid-19 vaksinen til Moderna inneholder informasjon som kunne forlede investorer til å ha høyere forventninger enn det var grunnlag for, så er det bye, bye Moderna. Da forvitrer selskapet i et stort rettsoppgjør.
Slettet bruker
19.05.2020 kl 22:20 2921

Ja, er vel børsnotert i USA, tror ikke det vil være greit å være CEO i dette firmaet nå.
Bullox
19.05.2020 kl 22:21 2944

Falt i tillegg 10% på USA børsen i kveld også så da er vel oppgangen på dette «vaksine gjennombruddet» på skarve 8%. Tror nok vi rekker å selge noen «doser» før vaksinen eventuelt kommer. Det som blir spennende å følge med på nå er om det kommer til å blusse opp igjen i Europa og særlig i USA hvor jeg føler de åpner for tidlig. Blusser dette opp igjen så vil det i mye større grad øke viktigheten av bemcentinid som medisin eller sagt på en annen måte folk vil forstå at det vil være ett kjempemarked. Nå hvor epedimien tilsynelatende er på retur så tror folk at dette løser seg, vi får en vaksine og problem solved... jeg er redd folk tar skammelig feil ☝️
Slettet bruker
19.05.2020 kl 22:28 2955

Ja, er redd vi vil se en oppblussing til høsten, sammen med en annen kjent influensa. Det er vel mer et fakta at det vil skje.
Slettet bruker
19.05.2020 kl 22:31 3132

At Moderna skulle ha en vaksine klar i januar 2021 er jo selvsagt bare tullprat.
Det ville uansett vært teknisk umulig iht elementære godkjenningsløp.
Men nå har markedet der borte gjennomskuet dette tullet, så i morra gleder vi oss til BGBIOs rehab!
Yngling ØH
19.05.2020 kl 22:34 3110

Bare produksjon og transportfloken med kjøling på -80 grader er jo en helt vill produksjons- og logistikkoperasjon. Først hadde de måttet lage kjølere. De finnes jo ikke