Slettet bruker
RECSI 28.03.2021 kl 18:14 781976

Helgelesning fra pv-magazine:
https://pv-magazine-usa.com/
Redigert 18.01.2022 kl 19:10 Du må logge inn for å svare
vicpg89
24.08.2021 kl 21:20 14802

Slettet bruker skrev Bare hyggelig🙂
jeg bare håper at det kommer fra rec og ikke sk med denne nye dealen...
Slettet bruker
24.08.2021 kl 22:26 14425

The Democratic-controlled U.S. House of Representatives voted on Tuesday to advance key parts of President Joe Biden's agenda after reaching a tentative compromise between moderates and progressives over which elements should take priority.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/after-setback-us-house-democrats-near-deal-biden-agenda-2021-08-24/
Redigert 24.08.2021 kl 22:27 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
24.08.2021 kl 22:43 14352

House Passes $3.5 Trillion Budget Blueprint, Sets Deadline for Infrastructure Bill
Procedural vote to advance Biden agenda comes after standoff between centrist Democrats, party leaders

https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-democratic-leaders-move-to-get-centrists-on-board-ahead-of-key-vote-11629820709
Rubin
24.08.2021 kl 22:52 14318

Shorterne lever farlig i dagene fremover nå 😂🤣
Småplukker
24.08.2021 kl 22:56 14421

MEGET gode nyheter. Pelosi er nok en gang en mester i å gjete troppene i samme retning.
Bob Macahan
25.08.2021 kl 08:00 13754

Det här är det riktigt avgörande lagförslaget i kongressen. $3/kg producerat polysilicon i subvention och även ingot, wafer, cell och paneler får subventioner

S. 2140: Solar Energy Manufacturing for America Act
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/117/s2140
Småplukker
25.08.2021 kl 08:41 13551

Ser det står angitt i lovforslaget at det har 1% sjanse for å gå igjennom (ifølge Skopos Labs) - kan dette stemme da? Er ikke både demokrater og republikanere
klar for å ta opp kampen mot Kina?
Slettet bruker
25.08.2021 kl 11:32 13303

Jeg vil tro det handler mye om hvor i prosessen et lovforslag er. Antageligvis er det bare rundt 1% av alle lovforslagene som faktisk blir godkjent av kongressen. Tipper sånn sett prosenten spretter kraftig opp om forslaget når steget 2) Passed Committee.

...Men det er bare mine spekulasjoner. Noen får oppklare om de kan mer om årsaken til prosentangivelsen. :)
Bob Macahan
25.08.2021 kl 14:36 13349

USA sätter hårt mot hårt. Kinesiska paneler har beslagtagits.
Det här drabbar kortsiktigt utbyggnaden av solenergisystem i USA men det kan också vara en del av påtryckningar för att Kina ska släppa tullarna.
Återigen är det bara att vänta på vad Kina ska göra åt saken

http://taiyangnews.info/markets/sign-of-times-to-come-us-govt-detaining-pv-modules/
manman01
26.08.2021 kl 12:20 12015

Item High Low Avg AChg AChg%
PolySilicon 29.950 20.000 28.000 0.55 2%
Unit: USD Last Update: 2021-08-25
http://pvinsights.com/indexWap.php
Slettet bruker
26.08.2021 kl 23:07 10990

Det begynner virkelig å bli stor og seriøs her 😊
The largest manufacturer of lithium-silicon battery materials, Group14 is now capable of producing 120 tons per year of its patented anode technology, SCC55, from its first domestic Battery Active Materials (BAM) factory in Woodinville, Washington.
https://www.greencarcongress.com/2021/08/20210824-group14.html
Slettet bruker
26.08.2021 kl 23:08 11231

We're Hiring! Meet our team in-person, view the factory at Group14 HQ, and apply for one of our exciting operator jobs on the spot. We’re hiring for 16 operator positions across all levels.
https://www.linkedin.com/events/group14jobfair6836359075949883394/
Slettet bruker
26.08.2021 kl 23:25 11168

Dette er så Nice! 🙂
solfylt
26.08.2021 kl 23:36 11437

Dette er virkelig spennende, men vi mangler stadig noe.. Nå begynner jeg virkelig å ønske meg snarlige bekreftelser på at REC er on track med avtaler, kontrakter, konkrete planer osv osv. Søndag kveld ville vært et passende tidspunkt for å en børsmelding, men julaften går greit det også 😜
Slettet bruker
26.08.2021 kl 23:52 11502

Ja stadig nytt fra G14. Rec og SilaN er ganske stille.

Håper det kommer noe konkret snart. Som gagner Rec aksjonærer.
manman01
27.08.2021 kl 07:03 11072

Slettet bruker skrev Dette er så Nice! 🙂
Jep!! Super stærkt (:

Tak for at dele (:
manman01
27.08.2021 kl 07:37 11110

Ep172: Supply Chain Ethics and Transparency in US Solar
https://player.fm/series/currents/ep172-supply-chain-ethics-and-transparency-in-us-solar
AUGUST 26, 2021

Abby Hopper, president and CEO of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), joins us to discuss current supply chain ethics issues in the US solar industry. We discuss the current forced labor issues that the industry is seeing, the response SEIA has seen from the Chinese government, what is happening at the border with US Customs, the association’s traceability protocol, the new tariffs some US solar panel manufacturers are seeking and more.
manman01
27.08.2021 kl 07:47 11236

Intel: Committed to Domestic Chip Manufacturing
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/corporate/usa-chipmaking/home.html
AUGUST 26, 2021

The Problem
Semiconductors are the brains behind the technology that permeates all our interactions―the global communications network, every social media interaction, every retail experience, and every vehicle, hospital, farm and factory floor― creating societal and economic value around the globe. They also power the advanced technologies that keep us safe.

The U.S. once led the world in semiconductor manufacturing, but we have fallen behind. Other countries, especially in Asia, made deliberate investments to build powerful chipmakers in their own countries. Their focus delivered results. Foreign state subsidies created a ~30% cost advantage for foreign chipmaking plants, and the result of that advantage is startling: in 1990, the U.S. supplied 37% of the world’s chips, but that has fallen to 12% today, undermining U.S. technology leadership with significant economic and national security implications.

Semiconductors have never been more essential to our economic and national security. Semiconductors represent the fifth-largest U.S. export sector, supporting a quarter million U.S. jobs directly and over a million indirectly.

The problem is so severe that a recent White House study on supply chains concluded, “Our reliance on imported chips introduces new vulnerabilities into the critical semiconductor supply chain.”

Why We Need Public-Private Partnerships
According to Boston Consulting Group and the Semiconductor Industry Association, “the ten year cost of a state-of-the-art fab, including both initial investment and annual operating costs, ranges between $10 billion and $40 billion.” As Moore’s Law drives the need for manufacturing innovation, each successive generation of semiconductors becomes increasingly expensive to build. These cost increases have left fewer companies able to continue driving leading edge technology. That’s why some foreign governments invested in their own chipmakers to help them lead.

The only way for the U.S. to address these growing economic and national security risks is to increase domestic semiconductor manufacturing capacity and capability. Incentives here in the U.S. also level the playing field for American companies, who compete with foreign-based companies heavily subsidized by their own governments. Government incentives for domestic semiconductor industries in the U.S. are essential to grow local economies, to strengthen national security and supply chains, and to cultivate the skills required to renew this engineering and innovation ecosystem.

A recent nationwide poll of Americans indicated a widespread understanding of the importance of the chipmaking industry to the U.S. economy and national security, and the urgent need for Congressional action to address the semiconductor shortage. Acting now would grow the U.S. semiconductor manufacturing industry, and represent a great opportunity for a bipartisan coalition to address an issue that has strong public support.

Doing Our Part: Leading with Innovation
Intel is committed to helping meet the growing global demand by expanding our manufacturing capacity in order to strengthen global supply chains. This commitment would begin with a $20 billion investment to create large-scale foundry operations in Arizona and a $3.5 billion manufacturing investment in New Mexico. We plan to make additional capital investments to expand manufacturing capacity in the U.S. and abroad to meet demand.

We are also investing in a series of foundational innovations that will power new products through 2025 and beyond. Our recent Accelerate announcement unveiled some of the most detailed process and packaging technology roadmaps the company has ever provided, including:

RibbonFET, our first new transistor architecture in more than a decade
PowerVia, an industry-first new backside power delivery method
Our plans to adapt next-generation extreme ultraviolet referred to as High Numerical Aperture (High NA) EUV
Our goals are ambitious, and to accomplish them we will need support and investment from the federal government to increase our domestic semiconductor manufacturing capacity on the scale needed.

Together, we can go faster. Together, we can restore balance, dependability, and resiliency to semiconductor supply chains.

Learn more->

Redigert 27.08.2021 kl 07:48 Du må logge inn for å svare
manman01
27.08.2021 kl 07:53 11336

GlobalFoundries meets US VP for semiconductors talks
https://www.just-auto.com/news/globalfoundries-meets-us-vp-for-semiconductors-talks/
AUGUST 26, 2021

GlobalFoundries has met US Vice President, Kamala Harris, to discuss supply chain security and US domestic production of semiconductors.

The meeting took place in Singapore as the Vice President continues her tour of South East Asia.

“GlobalFoundries had the privilege of meeting Vice President Kamala Harris in Singapore today, where she convened a small group of business leaders to discuss supply chain security and resiliency,” said a statement from GlobalFoundries.

“They discussed the critical role of feature-rich semiconductor chips, which are vital to the economy and national security, and pervasive in our daily lives. It is clear accelerating semiconductor manufacturing in the US is a priority for Vice President Harris and the Biden-Harris Administration.

“GlobalFoundries is taking bold action to expand our manufacturing capacity to meet the growing, long-term demand for chips.

“We look forward to further partnership with the Biden-Harris Administration to strengthen semiconductor supply chain security, accelerate innovation, and create high-tech jobs.”

The discussions come as the US and many other developed economies, grapple with a global pinch on semiconductors, fuelled initially by the pandemic and as demand grows following the world’s gradual emergence from it.
manman01
27.08.2021 kl 07:57 11366

Taiwanese Chips Made in Arizona Is the Future of U.S. Trade
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/taiwanese-chips-made-in-arizona-is-the-future-of-us-trade/2021/08/26/93b9b452-065d-11ec-b3c4-c462b1edcfc8_story.html
AUGUST 26, 2021
Alternativt: https://pastebin.com/JBaRBhdM

Taiwan’s world-beating semiconductor company, TSMC, is chartering a container ship to move pieces of equipment to its new factory in Arizona. The move may herald a new era of foreign investment in the U.S. — but only if America plays its cards right. The key will be to see global supply chains as an opportunity rather than a threat.

Aside from political considerations and Arizona’s cheap land, why did TSMC choose the U.S.? One factor is the availability of skilled labor — chip fabrication is highly automated and mostly employs engineers. American engineers may not put in quite the insane hours that Taiwanese engineers do, but they have a reputation for extreme competence. America has the best universities in the world, and these provide a pipeline of global talent to high-tech manufacturers.
That offers a model that the U.S. can use to recruit more foreign investment. As the country seeks to rebuild its internal supply chains and bulk up capacity to rival China, it can leverage its highly skilled workforce to lure in automated manufacturing — not just semiconductor factories, but industries highly dependent on robotics and other complex tools that require skilled labor to build, operate and maintain. If the U.S. manages to retain its edge in attracting skilled immigrants from around the globe, of course, this will be a much easier task.
Americans who have heard only dire stories of jobs shipped overseas for the past three decades will understandably be skeptical of the country’s chances of becoming a hub of foreign direct investment. But in fact, the U.S. always does pretty well in terms of attracting capital from abroad. In recent years, it was the leader:

Slettet bruker
27.08.2021 kl 15:14 10698

Fornybar-fond har puttet 370 millioner i bedrifter mistenkt for tvangsarbeid
https://www.nrk.no/norge/fornybar-fond-har-puttet-370-millioner-i-bedrifter-mistenkt-for-tvangsarbeid-i-kina-1.15612761
AUGUST 27, 2021

"JinkoSolar og Daqo New Energy
JinkoSolar og Daqo New Energy er også lønnsomme bedrifter. Jinko er verdens største produsent av solcellepaneler. Daqo er en av verdens største produsenter for polysilikon. Det er en viktig råvare for solcellepaneler. Begge bedriftenes aksjepriser har økt betraktelig siden i fjor.

Men ifølge rapporten fra Horizon Advisory har Jinko og Daqo New Energy også deltatt i programmer for «arbeidsoverføringer» i Xinjiang. Også der har arbeidere gjennomgått disiplinær trening. Målet ser ut til å være å «indoktrinere lojalitet til Kina og kommunistpartiet», skriver The New York Times.

– Sjokkerende

Adiljan Abdurihim, sekretær for Den norske uighurkomiteen, mener Storebrands investeringsvalg er sjokkerende.

– Dette er sjokkerende for oss. Brutaliteten begynte i 2017, og situasjonen har vært ganske bredt omtalt siden 2018. Det har vært flere avsløringer, om tvangsarbeid og konsentrasjonsleirer. Det omtales til og med som et folkemord, sier Abdurihim, og fortsetter:

– Det burde være et stort farevarsel for alle som investerer i Kina. Det er en risiko for at pengene går til bedrifter som bidrar til menneskerettighetsbrudd i Øst-Turkestan (Xinjiang). Det burde gjøres et grundig arbeid for å sikre at investeringene forblir etiske.

– Det er på tide at bankene blir mer ansvarlige, understreker Abdurihim."

Det settes stadig større fokus på menneskerettighetsbrudd i Xinjiang. Nå er verden begynt å få nok av det totalitæret regimet til Kina! Man har allerede forbudt import av silisiumsprodukter fra Xinjiang i USA. Nå er det på tide at resten av verden følger etter!
Bob Macahan
28.08.2021 kl 14:35 10159

Jag vill tro att REC solar och RECsilicon fortsatt har goda relationer. Nu händer det grejer i Indien. Det prstas om stora investeringar i hela värdekedjan och att REC group ska bli indiskt istället för kinesiskt
https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/reliance-industries-looks-to-buy-norway-s-solar-module-maker-rec-11625686716956.html

Jag trodde mycket på en värdekedja i Indien för några år sedan. Kanske att det är dags nu. All initiativ utanför Kina är positiva och möjligheterna för ML att starta blir fler i och med varje initiativ
manman01
29.08.2021 kl 08:30 9749

Decarbonizing the Solar Supply Chain
https://ultralowcarbonsolar.org/blog/decarbonizing-solar-supply-chain/
AUGUST 25, 2021

As Matt Dalton makes clear in his recent piece in the Wall Street Journal, a large proportion of the manufacturing of the components in solar panels occurs in China, and much of that manufacturing is powered by burning coal – and a lot of it. Dalton notes that as a result, while all solar panels are superior to fossil fuels, not all solar panels are created equal.

Solar panels made in that Chinese supply chain have roughly twice the embodied carbon (pollution associated with manufacturing) as solar panels made in the much cleaner solar supply chain in places like the US and the EU with renewables rich power grids. With solar manufacturing growing dramatically to meet rising global demand, this reliance on coal in Western China mean billions of tons of additional carbon pollution over the next two decades. The current trajectory of solar energy is, inexplicably, expanding the use of coal contrary to the global shift to renewable energy.

Because China is such a large producer of solar panels, many leading companies with strong sustainability pledges have been unknowingly using these “coal-fired solar” panels in large numbers. They are increasingly realizing that they are not getting what they planned on and are, in fact, subsidizing dirty manufacturing. This growing awareness is driving newfound demand for low-carbon solar panels.

Dalton notes that there are already manufacturers situated in clean solar supply chains producing panels with low embodied carbon, and the market is responding well to these advantages. For example, First Solar continues to expand its production of low embodied carbon thin film solar panels in Ohio, and both LG and Q CELLS have built significant low-carbon panel manufacturing plants in the US in recent years. Meyer Burger has just built a brand-new plant in Germany to produce highly efficient, low-carbon solar panels with the latest technology.

Manufacturers across the solar supply chain, including the three solar grade polysilicon producers in the US, report growing market interest in their products specifically because they have low embodied carbon. Solar buyers are saying loudly and clearly that they want this better solar. Both the members of the Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance, a collection of major companies, and the US Government intend to buy solar panels with lower embodied carbon.

The Biden Administration is working to expand the US solar supply chain, as is the US Congress, such as Senator Jon Ossoff’s recently introduced Solar Energy Manufacturing for America Act. The EU is pursuing similar goals, and the EU and US are collaborating on an integrated “friend shoring” approach that reflects their well linked solar industries. The goal is to expand the supply of cleaner solar panels through a more resilient, more secure supply chain. We need to make solar manufacturing more sustainable and end our overdependence on a single source for our fastest-growing energy source, one that is so critical to the nation’s climate-related goals.

In short, change is afoot. But the question remains, how will buyers navigate the needed changes in this at times opaque supply chain? Thankfully, the Global Electronics Council, the organization behind the very successful EPEAT eco-labels that have helped companies and governments buy more sustainably produced office electronics goods, is developing an Ultra Low-Carbon Solar eco-label with robust third-party validation that will give solar buyers confidence in specifying better solar in their projects and power purchase agreements. A clear market preference for more sustainable solar will send a powerful signal to solar manufacturers about how to power their next plant.

With that game-changing standard, set to be deployed next year, we can make clean energy even cleaner by buying better solar.
Slettet bruker
29.08.2021 kl 12:22 9550

House panels to start reconciliation markups next week
https://www.eenews.net/articles/house-panels-to-start-reconciliation-markups-next-week/
Slettet bruker
29.08.2021 kl 13:47 9547

Det skal investeres mer enn 10.000 milliarder kroner i solenergi de neste ti årene, og Kvelland forklarer at de skal ta den samme rollen for solenergi som seismikkselskapene har i olje og gass.

https://finansavisen.no/nyheter/energi/2021/08/24/7723900/startupen-glint-solar-sammenlignes-med-spacemaker-som-ble-solgt-for-2-2-milliarder-kroner-i-fjor
Intravenøsiu
29.08.2021 kl 21:00 9070

Nyheter fra Amprius, de bruker silingass som innsatsfaktor:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/amprius-nanjing-heso-anode-materials-system-enables-high-energy-density-ev-batteries-301364034.html

Group 14 har “SC55”
Amprius “Heso anode”
Evonik “Siridion Black”
Tekna “Si N100”

Begynner å bli en del materialer tilgjengelig på markedet, alle på listen over bruker Silangass som innsatsfaktor
Redigert 29.08.2021 kl 21:03 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
30.08.2021 kl 16:35 8525

Save the date. I'm super-excited to announce the guest for our second Live Chat with The Electric. It's Gene Berdichevsky, employee No. 7 at Tesla and CEO of @SilaNanotech. Topic: "Making the Forever Battery." Sept. 8 at noon ET. RSVP here. @SilaGene 1/2
https://twitter.com/stevelevine/status/1430950055243100166?s=21
Slettet bruker
30.08.2021 kl 22:31 8158

Spennende .. Daqo upp 17,5% i USA ….

Moving ahead, Daqo New Energy expects to remain in full utilization in the second half of 2021 with sales volumes similar to production volumes. The company raised its full-year polysilicon production guidance to the band of 83,000-85,000 MT from the prior view of 81,000-83,000 MT. It also expects the strong pricing momentum to continue in the second half of 2021.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/daqo-energy-dq-earnings-sales-120912961.html
Slettet bruker
31.08.2021 kl 08:13 8046

Ja, alle snakker om Group14, meg selv inkludert, men i likhet med REC, så har også Sila vært forholdsvis tause i det siste. Kan de være gjedda i sivet som kommer ut og sluker hele produksjonen til REC?

Blir spennende å se hva de kommer ut med 8.september. Er det noe som nevner at REC er med i planene til dem, må vel nesten REC børsmelde det samtidig?
Slettet bruker
31.08.2021 kl 08:15 8039

Har også tenkt mye på SilaN siste tiden, har dem annonsert noe greier 8. sept? Så sjefen skulle være med i podcast et sted? :D
Slettet bruker
31.08.2021 kl 08:24 8513

Sila har vel hatt over 60 utlysninger siste tiden, og i annonsene står det klart at ny fabrikk kommer.

Hvor vet vi enda ikke, men siden så mange stillinger blir utlyst og besatt kan det ikke være lenge til vi får vite sted...
Slettet bruker
31.08.2021 kl 08:40 8566

Sant. De skal bygge i nord Amerika, og her er det kun ML som har kapasiteten - så med mindre de beslutter å bygge ut kapasiteten til Silangass selv// så er betyr det at de forhandler med RECsi
Bob Macahan
31.08.2021 kl 09:22 8459

Nya investeringar i ingot och wafer kapacitet. Förra gången var det Jinko och nu är det JA. Totalt 27GW och det krävs 100.000 metric ton polysilicon. Alla som bygger ny kapacitet för wafer har intresse av att vara så effektiv som möjligt. FBR-B granulat från REC gör processen mer effektiv.

Blending granular and chunk polysilicon will:

Increase the initial crucible polysilicon charge weight
Reduce crucible load time

Nu gäller det att dessa nya wafer och ingot fabriker hamnar utanför Kina för att bygga upp en säker värdekedja oberoende av dyra transporter.
https://www.pv-tech.org/revenue-soars-but-ja-solar-plans-upstream-investments-as-costs-surge-as-well/
manman01
31.08.2021 kl 09:30 8407

Tak for at dele Bob (: