Idex CEO’S Bi-Annual Update

Sente
IDEX 08.07.2021 kl 08:33 2280

https://www.idexbiometrics.com/ceo-bi-annual-update-july-2021/

Vince Graziani, CEO of IDEX Biometrics, provides his perspective at mid-year 2021, reflecting on six months of significant change and building momentum.

The first six months of 2021 have been truly extraordinary for IDEX Biometrics as on the 1st of March we began trading on the Nasdaq under the trading symbol “IDBA.” The board and I firmly believe a dual listing (Norwegian Oslo Børs & U.S. Nasdaq) improves our visibility to a much broader base of prospective shareholders, thereby, over time, meaningfully improving liquidity. The Nasdaq listing is already contributing to higher market awareness of our brand and our biometric technologies, not just in the U.S., but globally.

From a financial perspective, in Q1 we completed a heavily oversubscribed Private Placement on the Oslo Børs, which raised gross proceeds of USD 27.5m (NOK 229m). The Private Placement attracted strong interest from high-quality Norwegian and European institutional investors. The proceeds are allowing us to fund general corporate costs and new strategic investments.
From a team perspective, we have strengthened the commercial side of the business by bringing on board Cat Eklof as Chief Commercial Officer. Cat brings over 20 years of global executive management experience across the Financial Services, Retail, Travel, and Security verticals. She has successfully led the ‘go-to-market’ strategy and deployment for multiple technology focused Fortune 500 firms. Cat will lead our Business Development, Marketing, and Sales functions globally, as well as being a key member of my Executive Management Team.

We also welcomed a new Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Jamie Simms, who has extensive experience with publicly-listed companies in the high-tech vertical. Prior to joining us, Jamie was CFO of Vicor Corporation, where he played a significant role in repositioning the company both strategically and organizationally, leading to an order of magnitude expansion in market capitalization. Jamie will also be a key member of my Executive Management Team.

At our 2021 Annual General Meeting, we officially welcomed two new Board Members, Annika Olsson, and Thomas Quindlen. Annika is CEO at Express Bank A/S, a Nordic bank that is part of the BNP Paribas Group, which serves more than 27m clients across 30 countries. Tom is Executive Vice President & CEO for Retail Card at Synchrony, a U.S. based premier consumer financial services company and Fortune 200 company.

All of the above appointees look forward to working with all our stakeholders to help IDEX to achieve its ambitions and deliver value to its shareholders and customers.

An opportunity that is really exciting me, and the whole team at IDEX, is the emergence of a new payment vertical, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC). We have already publicly announced that we are working with Goldpac, Chutian Dragon, and the Postal Bank of China on multiple CBDC related initiatives in China, where the digital currency is called Digital Currency Electronic Payment (DCEP). The planned rapid deployment of DCEP, ahead of the Winter Olympics in February 2022, presents an ideal application for our secure fingerprint sensors and biometric technologies in protecting stored value within a hard (also known as a cold) “wallet” in the form of a biometrically enabled smart card. We are also talking to multiple other Card Manufacturers and Card Issuers, as there are many other central banks around the world looking to launch their own CBDC. This has the potential to be a huge incremental market opportunity. If you would like to understand more about CBDCs we have published a series of blog posts which can be found here.

The milestone that has made the team most proud was announcing that our third generation family of products, TrustedBio™, was selected by one of the world’s largest card manufacturers, IDEMIA, for use in their F.CODE Biometric Payment Card. This is the most highly integrated Biometric Payment Card in the industry today and leads the market in terms of biometric performance and card integration efficiency. To date we have received multiple volume orders from IDEMIA and expect further volume orders in the second half of 2021.

In addition to IDEMIA, we have announced we have sold TrustedBio products to several other customers including DongWoon Anatech, Ubivelox, and Zwipe.

As I said at the very beginning of this post, the first half of 2021 has been characterized by building momentum, including the following:

We entered into a strategic engagement with an additional U.S. based global payment network. This is the third payment network (in addition to China UnionPay and Mastercard) to partner with us to advance the adoption of biometric payment cards. We anticipate being able to publicly identify this payment network later this year
We announced that we had expanded our partnership with a global payment solutions provider. Together, we will offer a fully integrated system for biometric smart cards based on our partners market-leading secure elements and our TrustedBio biometric sensors, matching algorithms, and related software
We announced that our fingerprint sensor and a secure element from Tongxin Microelectronics had been included in a second Biometric Payment Card certified by China UnionPay. The certified card, manufactured by Goldpac Group, is available now for volume production.
A great deal has changed at IDEX Biometrics already in 2021. We have a much more commercially focused Executive Management Team in place, as well as a very strong Board of Directors. The IDEX of today has five offices spread across three continents (Asia, Europe, and North America) and our team represents 15 nationalities including American, Armenian, British, Chinese, French, Indian, Japanese, Korean and Norwegian.

From a product perspective, IDEX is the only true end-to-end fingerprint biometric authentication and identification provider. We have developed and are shipping the only biometric platform that includes the fingerprint sensor, a range of reference designs and integration kits, biometric algorithms, and a remote enrollment solution. In addition, we have built up the most extensive (versus our major competition) partner network of component suppliers, including the leading Secure Element vendors and Card Inlay/Prelam providers.

At this stage, I am unable to share with you our plans and news for the second half of 2021, but I can assure you that we have lots to be positive about. I very much look forward to sharing more with you in the coming months.
Sente
08.07.2021 kl 08:47 2237

Hadde egentlig tenkt å skrive noe lignende her inne, for jeg tror siste halvdel av 2021 blir spennende.
De fleste samarbeid Zwipe har inngått er planlagt pilot i Q3 og Q4 (TB sensorene startet levering i mars), siste kommunikasjon fra Idemia var "oppstart i siste halvdel av 2021" og digital valuta i Kina må testes/(lanseres?) før OL 2022.
Wrold
08.07.2021 kl 09:20 2145

Sente
Det blir spennede utover di neste månder,har masse rto på Idex.
Fholm
08.07.2021 kl 10:11 2074

Markedet ser ut til å være uenige med oss.
Sente
08.07.2021 kl 10:34 2017

Nja, jeg tror ikke vi får noen store nyheter fra Idex i Q3, kanskje i September, men Zwipe og Idemia vil nok teste kortene før de bestiller flere sensorer. Kina er litt joker, men mest sannsynlig blir det rolig frem til Q4. Som betyr at markedet ser etter andre investeringer frem til det skjer noe i Idex.
kaunis
08.07.2021 kl 10:47 1994

Tror det er lurest å være inne her ja, bestillinger kan komme hver dag som helst. Testingen har foregått en tid no, men det testes i store deler av markedene. Idex ligger fremst og noen vil gjerne sikre seg i køen. Det er viktig å være først til å tilby kundene sine, ryktene går fort rundt kloden i dag, dette vil bli stort og når det tar av er det om å ha sikret seg leveranser av TrustedBio-brikken for ikke å komme bakleksen. En litt stor ordre og den vil gå høyt den dagen, køen på børsen kan bli lang.
Sente
09.07.2021 kl 10:40 1679

Jeg tenker dagens melding fra Zwipe er relevant for Idex interesserte, så jeg limer den inn her:

Dear stakeholders of Zwipe,

Through the first half of 2021, our global payment ecosystem of Smart Card Manufacturers, Payment Processors, Banks and Go-to-market Partners has continued to expand at a rapid pace, further strengthening our foundation for future market success. In these challenging times, our growing team of competent and passionate Zwipers, spanning 14 different nationalities in nine countries across three different continents and five time zones from Colorado Springs to Singapore, has demonstrated exceptional teamwork with a solid focus on customers. I am delighted to share that the interest in biometric payment cards based on Zwipe technology, which deliver a more convenient, secure and safe means to pay, has never been stronger. The voices of consumers captured by Zwipe in the UK, USA, Canada, Sweden, Norway and Romania since August last year are encouraging and consistent with similar findings from card schemes and other industry players.

Entering the Indian subcontinent and APAC region

In the first half of 2021, we announced six new Smart Card Manufacturers into our ecosystem:

KL HI Tech (https://www.biometricupdate.com/202104/zwipe-signs-up-indian-partner-to-manufacture-biometric-payment-cards) in India

Beautiful Card Corporation (https://findbiometrics.com/zwipe-unveils-beautiful-partnership-in-biometric-cards-effort-7051101/) in Taiwan

Silkways Card and Printing Ltd (https://findbiometrics.com/zwipe-establishes-biometric-cards-partnership-bangladesh-706162/)in Bangladesh

Three card manufacturers in Europe and Asia who at this stage want to remain anonymous

Together, these manufacturers deliver around 200 million payment cards annually. In addition, we extended and expanded our partnership with TAG Systems, who delivers 100 million payment cards annually. Looking forward, it is great to see that our SCM and processor and issuer pipelines continue to grow.

The encouraging developments with card manufacturers received a big boost when Asia's largest payment processor, Financial Software and Systems (https://www.finextra.com/pressarticle/87526/zwipe-ties-up-with-fss-for-global-roll-out-of-biometric-cards) (FSS) embraced our next-generation payment cards platform based on Zwipe Pay ONE technology. FSS manages over 800 million cards, and we are now working with them to bring our ground-breaking innovation globally. We also strengthened our regional presence by appointing Masterline and Sonali Intellect Ltd. as our business development partners in India and Bangladesh, respectively.

Acceleration in the MENA Region and Europe

Middle East and North Africa (MENA)

On the back of growing demand for biometric payments cards in the MENA region, Network International (https://findbiometrics.com/zwipe-adds-network-international-to-mea-partner-roster-for-biometric-cards-706281/) (NI), providing payment services to over 200 banks in Middle East and Africa, and Middle East Payment Services (https://findbiometrics.com/zwipe-gets-mena-distribution-partner-biometric-card-solution-76202103/) (MEPS), a leading payment service provider in the Levant region, entered new partnerships with Zwipe. NI and MEPS have boosted our reach and delivery capabilities in the MENA Region, on top of our already strong network of prominent partners in the region, notably Masria Digital Payments (https://findbiometrics.com/masria-partners-zwipe-biometric-payments-032601/), Inkript (https://thepaypers.com/cards/inkript-zwipe-to-launch-biometric-payment-cards--778700), areeba (https://findbiometrics.com/areeba-to-offer-zwipe-biometric-payment-solutions-to-banks-910147/) and Veritech (https://mobileidworld.com/zwipe-teams-with-veritech-on-biometric-payment-cards-platform-912041/). To effectively serve our growing partner network and issuers, we appointed Ramzi Saboury as the General Manager for the MENA region. Ramzi brings over 26 years of experience and network in payment services in MENA from leadership roles in Kuwaiti banks, VISA and areeba.

Europe and the UK

In the past few months, we have seen an increasing in-flow of interest from card manufacturers in multiple regions, most notably in Europe. The same can be said for issuer engagements that come through our Processor Partners and Card Manufacturers in Europe, especially in the UK and Nordics. This is proof that our "Megaphone" partner strategy works! Swedish fintech VOPY (https://mobileidworld.com/swedens-vopy-launch-100000-zwipe-powered-biometric-cards-702191/), providing embedded financial services to clients globally, and France-based payment service provider, be ys Pay (https://www.cardsinternational.com/news/france-be-ys-pay-zwipe-biometric-payment-cards/), selected Zwipe Pay ONE (ZPO) cards for their ssuers, aiming to pilot Zwipe Pay ONE this year. Both these developments came within months of OP Bank's decision to pilot with cards based on the Zwipe Pay ONE platform togheter with our Go-to-market partner, TietoEVRY. OP is Finland's largest financial services group and serves over four million customers.

Delivery of Zwipe Pay ONE on track

We had strong progress in the development of Zwipe Pay ONE, the world's first Single Silicon based biometric payment platform offered to card manufacturers globally. In April 2021, we demonstrated our enrollment solution and touch-free payment transactions above the transaction cap at a Point-of-Sales terminal with test keys to emulate fully EMV authorized and authenticated transactions in a live environment. The feedback from the market was very positive as everyone could see how these cards quickly and reliably provide a considerable boost to user experience and security.

In fact, we have now passed most critical milestones and major risk points,with only piloting and certification left before commercialization in mass volumes.

Next steps - pilots and certification

Apart from pilots planned from late this quarter, certification will represent the last milestone before commercialization. We have already performed pre-tests at accredited test labs with excellent results.

We are now working closely with the card schemes to secure these processes, which will be explained in detail during our H1 2021 reporting on 26 August. In the coming weeks, we will start handing out Zwipe Pay ONE demo cards to issuers and partners and continue to help them prepare for commercial launches.

Zwipe 2.0

Last, but not least, H1 2021 has seen further strengthening of our team across all functions - commercial, technical, operational and regional. We have engaged every Zwiper in developing and honing our Winning Team Culture, with our Core Values driving us to be Innovative, Collaborative, Adaptable and Passionate. Each recruitment is intended not only to add capacity, but also to uplift our team. I am also pleased to see further strengthening of our board.

I take this opportunity to thank each member of the Zwipe team for their remarkable effort and passion to our mission of Making Convenience safe and secure. My thanks also go out to all our customers, partners, and shareholders for sharing this mission as strongly as every Zwiper.

I wish each one of you a very safe and happy summer ahead!
Sente
09.07.2021 kl 11:05 1652

Et par ting å legge merke til her:
Zwipe har inngått mange avtaler i det siste og alle er med Idex sensor.

Kun pilot og sertifisering gjenstår for kortene med den nye Trusted bio sensoren.

Kortene skal ut til kunder om noen få uker. Dette er kort med sensor som startet shipping fra Idex den 26 mars. Om det er normalt at det tar 3-4 måneder mellom shipping og levering til sluttkunde kan diskuteres, men denne prosessen vil nok gå raskere når ting går på skinner.
Når kortene ruller ut til kunder om noen uker, vil det nok gå noen uker til med testing før/om/hvis det kommer nye bestillinger fra banker. Selv om det tar noen måneder fra bestilling fra Idex til kortet er hos kunde, tror jeg ikke Zwipe kommer til å bestille flere sensorer før sertifiseringen er ferdig.

Sertifiseringen burde ikke by på store problemer, Idex sensorer har vært gjennom dette før, Secure element fra Idemia har vært gjennom denne prosessen før, men det kan fortsatt ta måneder å få sensor+SE+inlay sertifisert. Mer om sertifiseringen i H1 rapporten fra Zwipe 26 August. Forhåpentligvis får vi en estimert tidshorisont da.
Bulldog
09.07.2021 kl 14:48 1533

Litt på siden:
Below is a picture of a debit card style wallet from Excelsecu Data that’s been used in other trials. https://www.ledgerinsights.com/latest-digital-yuan-trial-is-10x-the-first-hong-kong-cross-border-tests-start/

Er det ikke IDEX sensor i det kortet? Fint kort men uvanlig design for IDEX?
https://www.excelsecu.com/articledetail/10.html
Bulldog
09.07.2021 kl 15:01 1508

Vinter-OL 2022, formelt kalt De 24. olympiske vinterleker, er en internasjonal multisportkonkurranse som vil bli arrangert i Beijing fra 4. til 20. februar 2022.

For the upcoming Beijing Winter Olympics, we were trying to make e-CNY available not only to domestic users, but also to international athletes and like visitors.
Li Bo DEPUTY GOVERNOR, PEOPLE’S BANK OF CHINA
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/china-may-trial-digital-currency-with-foreign-visitors-at-beijing-olympics.html

En bør vel anta at det vil komme store leveranser av IDEX sensorer neste seks måneder. Pilot prosjektene i Kina avsluttes og erstattes med store volunorderer.

Edit:******Takker for svaret under, Sente************
Redigert 09.07.2021 kl 21:43 Du må logge inn for å svare
Sente
09.07.2021 kl 16:13 1447

Excelsecu bruker andre leverandører av sensor også. Jeg syns bildet ser CGI ut og de har lagt inn en "generisk" sensor. Kan være Elan, kan være Idex, kan være noen andre "lokale". Men i følge spec sheet for deres biometriske kort er sensor 8x8, som betyr det er ikke en Idex sensor de "reklamerer" for på hjemmesidene sine.
Goldpac bruker ihvertfall Idex sensor for den digitale valutaen:
http://www.goldpac.com/en/m//news/news/730.html