REC Silicon ASA - Update on the strategic equity investment….

Sa2ri
RECSI 14.01.2022 kl 07:23 46318

REC Silicon ASA - Update on the strategic equity investment by Hanwha Solutions and PDMR notification

(Oslo, Norway, 14 January 2022) Reference is made to the announcement on 18
November 2021 regarding the entering into an agreement between REC Silicon ASA
("REC Silicon" or the "Company"), Hanwha Solutions Corporation ("Hanwha
Solutions") and Aker Horizons ASA, through its subsidiary Aker Horizons Holding
AS ("Aker Horizons") pursuant to which REC Silicon shall issue, and Hanwha
Solutions shall subscribe for, 48,213,001 new shares (the "New Shares") in REC
Silicon at a subscription price of NOK 20 per share, totalling approximately NOK
964 million in proceeds in a directed share issue (the "Share Issue") and Aker
Horizons shall sell and Hanwha Solutions shall acquire 21,891,275 existing
shares in the Company (the "Share Purchase") at a price of NOK 20 per share
simultaneously with the Share Issue. At completion of the Share Issue and Share
Purchase (the "Transactions"), Aker Horizons and Hanwha Solutions will each own
approximately 16.67 percent of the shares in REC Silicon.

The waiting period to object to the transaction or request additional
information in connection with the requisite filings pursuant to the Hart-Scott-
Rodino Antitrust lmprovements Act of 1976 to US Federal Trade Commission and US
Department of Justice has now expired, and accordingly all conditions for
completion of the Transactions have been satisfied. The Transactions are
expected to be completed on or about 19 January 2022.

The Transactions bring together two of the leading producers in different parts
of the solar PV value chain. Hanwha Solutions is one of the world's largest
solar PV manufacturers with a total cell manufacturing capacity of 10GW
globally. The company provides high-quality solar PV panels to the residential
market through their wholly owned brand Q CELLS, which holds a 25 percent market
share in the US. The company operates one of the largest solar module factories
in the US with an annual production capacity of 1.7GW, corresponding to 12,000
PV modules per day.

The Transactions are expected to strengthen REC Silicon's financial position and
ensure that the Company has the necessary resources to reopen its FBR facility
in Moses Lake, Washington, and enable valuable investment opportunities in
Butte, Montana. Hanwha Solutions' strategic investment in REC Silicon represents
a step towards establishing a highly efficient, low carbon solar value chain in
the US and to ensure that REC Silicon plays an integral role in these efforts.
Hanwha Solutions' knowledge, expertise, and capabilities are expected to enhance
REC Silicon's ability to take advantage of opportunities and developing markets
in the solar, semiconductor, and battery industries. A US value chain for solar
PV manufacturing will result in the creation of demand for solar grade
polysilicon, which the Company expects will result in the restart of the
manufacture of high quality, low-cost solar grade granular polysilicon in Moses
Lake, Washington.

As a result of the Share Purchase, primary insider notification pursuant to the
Market Abuse Regulation article 19 for Aker Horizons as a person closely related
to the Company's Chairman Kristian Monsen Røkke is attached.

Arctic Securities is acting as settlement agent in connection with the
Transactions.

For further information, please contact:
Douglas Moore, Chief Financial Officer
Phone: +1 509 766-9133
Email: douglas.moore@recsilicon.com

Nils O. Kjerstad IR Contact
Phone: +47 9135 6659
Email: nils.kjerstad@crux.no.

About REC Silicon
REC Silicon is a leading producer of advanced silicon materials, delivering
high-purity polysilicon and silicon gas to the solar and electronics industries
worldwide. We combine over 30 years of experience and proprietary technology
with the needs of our customers, with annual production capacity of more than
20,000 MT of polysilicon from our two US-based manufacturing plants. Listed on
the Oslo Stock Exchange (ticker: RECSI), the Company is headquartered in
Lysaker, Norway.

For more information, go to: www.recsilicon.com

This information is subject to the disclosure requirements in Regulation EU
596/2014 (MAR) article 19 and section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading
Act

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/551353
Stabukk
23.01.2022 kl 09:56 8189

Tar fram igjen denne tråden, starta av Sa2ri, etter stor frustrasjon over «intet nytt» og «null informasjon» frå Rec bl.a. på uke-tråden. Tråden startar med meldinga «Update on the strategic equity investment by Hanwha Solutions and PDMR notification». Er redd mange ikkje har fått med seg denne meldinga, som er veldig betryggande for min posisjon. LES MELDINGA, og bruk gjerne Google Translate!
Slettet bruker
25.01.2022 kl 08:43 7679

Føler vi er svært nære å få nyheter nå . Tipper vi er over 30kr ila av noen uker .. bare en følelse ..
Stabukk
25.01.2022 kl 08:51 7640

Håpar ny styreformann/styre og kommande ny GEO tar ein prat om selskapet sin info-strategi. Som vi huskar kunne norske media alltid ta kontakt med tidlegare styreleiar Ulltveit Moe når «dei ville ha ei overskrift». Men han gjorde ofte meir skade enn nytte ved å kritisera myndigheiter og alle andre for Rec sin vanskelige situasjon. No er selskapet i ein langt bedre posisjon, som gir styreformann og GEO grunn til å vera meir offensive. Og dei og Rec kan gjerne kan komma med andre innspel enn det som er børspliktige. Etter mi meining.
Slettet bruker
25.01.2022 kl 09:32 7475

Følelse av å være nyheter er kanskje basert på noe?
- Avgjørelse om åpning skulle være meldt Q4, men vi venter fortsatt.
- Bygget i Wheeler-road er pending / ukjent kjøper
- Det presses på for grønne subsidier og BBB i en variant
- Group 14 og Sila Nano meldte også at de skulle melde hvor fabrikken skulle ligge i løpet av 2021 - de avventer også.

Det skjer mye i kullissene - og RECsi omsettes til en verdi av 25% av byggekost til ML i 2022.

God handel!
Sa2ri
27.01.2022 kl 11:00 6990

Det skjer ting i Washington State, og en faktor som kan utløse åpningen av ML skal diskuteres i dag:

"Possible return: Warnick bill aims to help REC start up again

OLYMPIA — Legislation proposed by Sen. Judy Warnick, R-Moses Lake, and currently being considered by the Washington State Senate Committee on Business, Financial Services and Trade, could make it possible for REC Silicon’s Moses Lake plant to resume production.

Senate Bill 5849 would extend a targeted 43% business and occupation tax cut for manufacturers of solar panels and components another five years past the original expiration date of 2027 to 2032. The bill is scheduled to be in executive session with the Senate Committee on Business, Financial Services and Trade today.

In addition, the bill would allow for the construction or improvement of existing industrial buildings.

Warnick said the legislation is tied to a potential investment in the works in Moses Lake that would allow REC Silicon, which halted production in 2019 following a lengthy trade dispute with China that blocked access to that country’s solar panel market, to restart polysilicon production.

“They want this company to come in and they want to get REC up and running,” Warnick said. “And they are real serious.”

Chuck Sutton, vice president of fluid bed reactor sales for REC, testified at a committee hearing on Tuesday and said the bill is “a great bill” with bipartisan support that is part of the company’s strategy to get back in operation.

“It’s one of the projects that we are working on,” Sutton told the Columbia Basin Herald. “There are different things that we’ve got to get in place to be ready to restart, and this is part of that.”

Fluid bed reactor is the patented technology REC uses to produce solar-grade polysilicon in a continuous, rather than a batch, process. This makes REC one of the most efficient producers of solar-grade silicon in the world, and REC’s product is some of the least expensive silicon available for solar panels.

Neither Sutton nor Warnick would give any details about the potential investment, though Warnick noted her legislation would help the company “with that decision.”

“It extends the tax break five extra years, and the company is assured it will get the tax break if it locates here,” she said.

Charles H. Featherstone can be reached at cfeatherstone@columbiabasinherald.com."

https://columbiabasinherald.com/news/2022/jan/27/possible-return-warnick-bill-aims-help-rec-start-a/
Sa2ri
27.01.2022 kl 11:03 6962

I tillegg nevnes at PAS har kommet ut med en opdatering og nytt kursmål på RECSI i dag. De hever kursmålet til 30 (24) og gjentar kjøp, og skriver følgende:

"Outlook improved with Hanwha entry

We raise our TP for RECSI to NOK 30 (24) following the strategic investment
by Hanwha. The investment highlights the desire to build a non-Chinese low
carbon PV value chain and de-risks a Moses Lake re-opening. Accordingly,
we lower our discount rate and eye further upside once the plant is open.
Buy reiterated

Q4 reporting to highlight new partner and political landscape
We expect RECSI to report an EBITDA of USD -2m, with higher electricity prices
pressuring margins from Butte. However, we argue that the most noteworthy with
the event, 18 Feb, will revolve around the new strategic partner and political
developments surrounding the solar value chain in the US.

Hanwha Solutions’ strategic investment de-risks ML reopening
In November, Hanwha Solutions subscribed for 48.2m new shares in RECSI and
acquired 21.9m shares from AKH – both now holding 16.7% of the shares. Hanwha
and REC Silicon have history with the new industrial owner having been a
customer in the past, further, its Q CELLS solar panels are well established in the
US market. In our view, the investment from Hanwha represents a step towards
seriously building a non-Chinese PV value chain. Hanwha operates 10 GW of cell
manufacturing capacity globally and holds 1.7 GW module capacity in the US.
Assuming a 3-3.5g/w efficiency, its cell capacity represents a demand for
polysilicon ~1.7-2x RECSI’s production capacity at Moses Lake. We strongly
believe in a Moses Lake reopening (but push the opening to Q2’23 vs Q1’23
previously) and keep our positive view on the long-term potential. The political
environment is still blurry, but seems to be pushing for more US manufactured
solar. A combination of providing silane gas to the battery industry and polysilicon
to the PV industry is still our main thesis, and we believe such a mix is beneficial
for both long-term utilization and for optimizing profit generation.

TP up to NOK 30 (24) – Buy reiterated
We find the strategic investment by Hanwha as a de-risker for the re-opening of
Moses Lake, while the new cash (NOK 964m) also gives room for additional
“upgrades” (particularly in Butte) beyond capital required for a re-opening of ML.
Further, having two strong industrial partners is something we view as a positive.
We reduce our WACC to ~8% (from 10%) and lift our TP to NOK 30 (24). Buy.

Analyst;
Gard Aarvik
Kari Eide Hartvedt"
Bullfight
27.01.2022 kl 11:28 6649

Possible return: Warnick bill aims to help REC start up again Source.: https://columbiabasinherald.com/news/2022/jan/27/possible-return-warnick-bill-aims-help-rec-start-a/
Skalleknarp
27.01.2022 kl 11:45 6514

Ref det grønne skiftet - liker det som står mht. fremstillingsmåten og energiforbruk samt pris for produktet til RESCI. Begge er på lavest noivå sammenlignet med andre produsenter og det er nok 2 meget viktige momenter å ta med seg videre. Fra artikkelen:

"Fluid bed reactor is the patented technology REC uses to produce solar-grade polysilicon in a continuous, rather than a batch, process. This makes REC one of the most efficient producers of solar-grade silicon in the world, and REC’s product is some of the least expensive silicon available for solar panels."
Sa2ri
27.01.2022 kl 12:09 6515

Takk for link til live broadcast. Det blir sikkert en eller to RECSI-aksjonærer som følger denne sendingen, og kanskje en analytiker eller to også.
Onmyway
27.01.2022 kl 13:24 6253

Takk for utrolig nyttig informasjon! Nå begynner det å swinge!
Slettet bruker
27.01.2022 kl 13:32 6139

Takk til alle for særdeles god info i dag. Ikke ofte man får positive meldinger fra absolutt alle kanter :) Liker best at lokalpressen er på ballen :)
Stabukk
27.01.2022 kl 15:52 5902

Takk igjen Sa2ri og andre for oppdatering frå Pareto og nyhet frå columbiabasinherald.com. Meldingane føyer seg i ei lang rekke positive «signal» for Rec, blant anna politisk og stadig fleire drypp om bruk av silisium i batteri-anodar.

Som partner for Rec i emisjonar vil enkelte kanskje vurdera Pareto som litt inhabil når det gjeld analysen og kursmålet på 30. Ut frå det eg har følgd med på Hanwha og Rec sine meldingar, opplever eg kursmålet som realistisk innan 8-12 mnd.

Det vi burde få til, er auka mediafokus på Butte og oppgraderinga der. Det som skjer i Butte kjem litt i skyggen av ML. Rec burde difor børsmelda ei pressemelding med foto om investeringane som skjer der, eventuelt informera via Youtube. Og seinare gjera det samme når oppstarten av ML er i god gjenge. Prøver å ta det opp med IR-kontakt. Vi bør og prøva å påverka DnB Markets til å ta opp dekning av Rec.
Sa2ri
27.01.2022 kl 17:49 5654

"Som partner for Rec i emisjonar vil enkelte kanskje vurdera Pareto som litt inhabil......"

Dette er bare tull og et dårlig forsøk på å flytte fokus fra det som skjer nå. PAS sin analyse har følgende heading, som er det vesentlige i dag:

"We raise our TP for RECSI to NOK 30 (24) following the strategic investment by Hanwha. The investment highlights the desire to build a non-Chinese low carbon PV value chain and de-risks a Moses Lake re-opening. Accordingly, we lower our discount rate and eye further upside once the plant is open. Buy reiterated."

PAS har, i likhet med mange andre meglerhus, gjort emisjoner for RECSI. Betyr det at alle disse er "inhabile" og/eller "partiske"? Nei, hvordan meglerhus skal forholde seg og hvilke cut-off perioder de har dersom de er tilretteleggere for en emisjon i et gitt selskap, er ganske godt regulert nettopp fordi det ikke skal være tvil (slik du indirekte påstår det er). Fra meldingen RECSI kom med i november kan man blant annet lese følgende:

"Arctic Securities acted as financial advisor for REC Silicon in the private placement". Det var altså ikke PAS som var tilrettelegger for den siste emisjonen. ARC og PAS var tilrettelegger for emisjonen i oktober 2019, og det er svært lenge siden - følgelig har dette null å si i forhold til dagens analyse.

Faktum er at RECSI har ca. 2 mdrNOK på bok som de kan bruke til oppstart av ML, oppgradering av Butte pluss litt til, og alt dette er i ferd med å spilles ut "as we speak".
Nsxnsx
27.01.2022 kl 18:13 5563

Men at de ventet med analysen og påfølgende økning av kursmål til "noen" hadde fått kjøpt seg ferdig er det nok ikke så mye tvil om :)
Slettet bruker
27.01.2022 kl 18:23 5476

Noen kallet meg sinnsyk hausser når jeg noen dager siden skrev at vi ser 30 kr ila noen uker …

Well , here you have it .. pareto spår dobling :

https://finansavisen.no/nyheter/industri/2022/01/27/7809030/pareto-securities-du-kan-doble-pengene-ved-a-satse-pa-rec?internal_source=sistenytt
Slettet bruker
27.01.2022 kl 18:48 5335

Hanwha ? G14? Sila Nanotech ?

Spennende dette !
Sa2ri
27.01.2022 kl 20:27 4801

Svaret kommer helt på slutten av sessionen - forslaget (Bill 5849) ble vedtatt med 5 stemmer, to stemte ikke nei, men W/o Rec som vel er nøytralt. Det betyr at det kan bli fart i denne i morgen og de kommende dagene når resultatet blir kjent og man forstår hva dette egentlig betyr for RECSI og deres samarbeidspartnere.

BBB er ikke like nødvendig nå for selskapet da lokale myndigheter har tatt grep for å sikre at RECSI kan åpne ML som en del av samarbeidet de er i ferd med å etablere med HS, G14 og andre. Hvor lang tid tar det før det kommer en melding fra RECSI eller HS om dette? Ikke alt for lang tid tror jeg.
Redigert 27.01.2022 kl 20:35 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
27.01.2022 kl 20:34 4725

Se fra 44:25 for avstemningen ;) så vidt jeg fikk med meg var det ikke noe diskusjon om innoldet i den.
Redigert 27.01.2022 kl 20:36 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
27.01.2022 kl 20:37 4816

Riktig, og ingen endringer eller amendments be gjort nå var det jeg prøvde å si :)
Sa2ri
27.01.2022 kl 20:39 4788

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2021-22/Pdf/Bill%20Reports/Senate/5849%20SBR%20BFST%20TA%2022.pdf?q=20220127113640

"Effective Date: The bill takes effect on July 1, 2022"

Fra selve Bill 5849:

Section 3:
"(1) Upon every person engaging within this state in the business 18of manufacturing solar energy systems using photovoltaic modules or 19stirling converters, or of manufacturing solar grade silicon, silicon 20solar wafers, silicon solar cells, thin film solar devices, or 21compound semiconductor solar wafers to be used exclusively in 22components of such systems; as to such persons the amount of tax with 23respect to such business is, in the case of manufacturers, equal to 24the value of the product manufactured, or in the case of processors 25for hire, equal to the gross income of the business, multiplied by 26the rate of 0.275 percent.27
(2) Upon every person engaging within this state in the business 28of making sales at wholesale of solar energy systems using 29photovoltaic modules or stirling converters, or of solar grade 30silicon, silicon solar wafers, silicon solar cells, thin film solar 31devices, or compound semiconductor solar wafers to be used 32exclusively in components of such systems, manufactured by that 33person; as to such persons the amount of tax with respect to such 34business is equal to the gross proceeds of sales of the solar energy 35systems using photovoltaic modules or stirling converters, or of the 36solar grade silicon to be used exclusively in components of such 37systems, multiplied by the rate of 0.275 percent.
(3) Silicon solar wafers, silicon solar cells, thin film solar 1devices, solar grade silicon, or compound semiconductor solar wafers 2are "semiconductor materials" for the purposes of RCW 82.08.9651 and 382.12.9651.4
(4) The definitions in this subsection apply throughout this 5section.6
(a) "Compound semiconductor solar wafers" means a semiconductor 7solar wafer composed of elements from two or more different groups of 8the periodic table.9
(b) "Module" means the smallest nondivisible self-contained 10physical structure housing interconnected photovoltaic cells and 11providing a single direct current electrical output.12
(c) "Photovoltaic cell" means a device that converts light 13directly into electricity without moving parts.14
(d) "Silicon solar cells" means a photovoltaic cell manufactured 15from a silicon solar wafer.16
(e) "Silicon solar wafers" means a silicon wafer manufactured for 17solar conversion purposes.18
(f) "Solar energy system" means any device or combination of 19devices or elements that rely upon direct sunlight as an energy 20source for use in the generation of electricity.21
(g) "Solar grade silicon" means high-purity silicon used 22exclusively in components of solar energy systems using photovoltaic 23modules to capture direct sunlight. "Solar grade silicon" does not 24include silicon used in semiconductors.25
(h) "Stirling converter" means a device that produces electricity 26by converting heat from a solar source utilizing a stirling engine.27
(i) "Thin film solar devices" means a nonparticipating substrate 28on which various semiconducting materials are deposited to produce a 29photovoltaic cell that is used to generate electricity."

og fra Section 7:

"(3) It is the legislature's specific public policy objective to 8maintain and grow jobs in the solar silicon industry. Trade disputes 9currently threaten employment in this sector. It is the legislature's 10intent to extend by five years the preferential tax rates for 11manufacturers and wholesalers of specific solar energy material and 12parts in order to maintain and grow jobs in the solar silicon 13industry."

Kilde: https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2021-22/Pdf/Bills/Senate%20Bills/5849.pdf?q=20220127113640
Redigert 27.01.2022 kl 20:47 Du må logge inn for å svare
omac
27.01.2022 kl 20:46 4715

takker
Sa2ri
27.01.2022 kl 20:55 4599

Verdt å merke seg også at Voleon ser ut til å få litt dårlig tid da de dekket inn litt over 750' aksjer i løpet av gårdagen. Hvor mye de dekket inn i dag det får vi vite i morgen, men det ser ut til at det begynner å brenne litt under beina deres nå.
Redigert 27.01.2022 kl 20:55 Du må logge inn for å svare
MorganKane
27.01.2022 kl 20:55 5381

Takk Sa2ri,

Ja, vi har snakket om dette tidligere, dvs at hvis ikke BBB går igjennom så har 25 stater, med Washington og California i spissen, en backup plan for å få fornybar til virkelig å ta av. Dette snakket guvernøren om for et par måneder siden i forbindelse med besøk hos G14, tror jeg.

Her er det bare å lene seg tilbake. Blir spennende å se når første analytiker setter kursmål 42,5...
Intravenøsiu
27.01.2022 kl 20:58 5397

Takker.

Forøvrig så står “REC" strategisk plassert øverst til venstre i skjermen, sånt noe man legger merke til etter et glass vin.
Sa2ri
27.01.2022 kl 21:07 5290

omac skrev takker
Bare hyggelig. Hvis du også ser litt på teksten fra artikkelen som er klippet inn i denne posten tidligere i dag, så gir den et godt bilde av hva dette betyr for RECSI og deres samarbeidspartnere.
Stabukk
27.01.2022 kl 21:09 5664

Takkar Sa2ri for «kjeft» i innspelet om Pareto sitt nye kursmål på 30 kr, og takkar også for viktig ny info på tråden no i kveld. Når ein ikkje kan dokumentera og er anonym, kan kritikken vera velfortent. Som sagt støttar eg Pareto sine argument for kursmål 30, og det gjer vel fleire langsiktige aksjonærar.

Ser på Sa2ri som eit viktig bindeledd for rask framføring av både analysar og annan viktig informasjon, for eksempel Rec si oppdatering i starten av tråden. Er redd altfor få har lest denne oppdateringa, der essensen gjerne kan repeterast her og i andre trådar. For meg er dette nok til å bli sittande i trygg forventning om solid kursøkning.

I farten tar eg likevel fram Kepler Cheuvreux sitt siste kursmål: Det vart 21. mai i fjor heva frå 10 til 15 kr. Kursen var då 16,17 kr og slutta i dag på litt over 15,80. Kepler sin analytikar Andreas Bertheussen var blant dei skeptiske og hadde ei hold-anbefaling. Kepler meinte blant anna det var for mange spørsmålsteikn knytta til anodar med høgt silisiuminnhold.

Har oppmoda DnB Markets, Bertheussen sin nye arbeidsgivar, om at han får dekka Rec på vegner av nettopp DnB. Det er, synest eg, ei stor skam at landets støste bank og meglarhus ikkje har analyse av «folkeaksjen» Rec.

I påvente av ein ny analyse, må påpeikast ei positiv utvikling for Rec sidan kursmålet på 15 kr frå mai i fjor: 1. Hanwha inn med nesten 1 mrd kr i ny aksjekapital på kurs 20 og stor kunde av ML, 2. Stadige nyhetsdrypp om silisium som viktig bestanddel i anodar. 3. Sentral politisk vilje til solkraft-kjede i USA, der ei avklaring nærmar seg, 4. Stort engasjement for restart lokalt i staten Washington, ref. columbiabasinherald.com og 5. Restart av Moses Lake rykker stadig nærmare, sist antyda til q2 2023 i Pareto sin ferske analyse.
Skrik ut dersom eg har gløymt noko. Kursmålet som var på 15 for 8 mnd. sidan bør minst kunna hevast med 10-12 kr.
Småplukker
27.01.2022 kl 21:24 5451

Fin oppsummering det - er vel verdt å ta med avklaring om det blir fortsatt skattleggelser av kinesisk solar rett rundt hjørnet - innen 7.februar avklares det om det blir 4 nye år, isåfall svært positivt for å få opp amerikansk verdikjede (og Rec). Vinden blåser i den retningen ser det ut som. (Eller var det det du mente med punkt 3? Isåfall beklager)
Redigert 27.01.2022 kl 21:30 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
27.01.2022 kl 21:35 5311

Du har kanskje gløymd at DNBs teknologifond for eit år sidan selde seg ut av Rec. Deretter stod fondets talsmann Anders Tandberg-Johansen fram i Finansavisa og snakka ned kursen slik at andre DNB fond kunne kjøpa seg inn på lavare kurs. Så her er det reint trav. Bertheussen er nok fin tilvekst.
Stonks_
27.01.2022 kl 21:43 5191

det var ikke pareto men artic som sto som megler i den siste transaksjonen