Tomra - i gang i Queensland Down Under as we speak

Kommentatoren
TOM 01.11.2018 kl 00:39 3759

Ja mine venner, "as we speak" kan vi markere av for nok en milepæl i Norges superselskaps historie, for akkurat nå åpner nemlig Tomra, som operatør (!), 10 store sorteringssentre i de tettest befolkede regionene som Brisbane og Goald Coast i delstaten Queensland. Hvert senter har 10 pantemaskiner + bulkmaskin for store kvanta, iallefall i noen av sentrene. Registrerte med glede at Espen Gundersen, under Q3 23.oktober, nevnte i en bisetning at det kan bli snakk om økt Tomra-aktivitet i Queensland etterhvert. Så det blir spennende å se hvordan publikum mottar sentrene. Mitt tips er at det raskt kommer til uttrykk ønsker om mer Tomra i Queensland. I nabostaten New South Wales samler Tomras pantesystem nå inn like i nærheten av 4 millioner enheter daglig. Også der er Tomra operatør, og eier og drifter hele systemet. Stemningen er stor som dere kan lese, man blir i godt humør av Tomra, både der og her.

NOVEMBER 1, 2018 9:00 AM

Media Statements

Minister for Environment and the Great Barrier Reef, Minister for Science and Minister for the Arts
The Honourable Leeanne Enoch

Thursday, November 01, 2018

It’s time to cash in your containers

Charles Adler, chief executive office of Rural Aid – which delivers the Buy a Bale campaign – said he is excited to be featured as a major donation partner for TOMRA’s 10 recycling centres to launch the Qld Containers Collection program.

“The success of the program in New South Wales has helped us raise thousands of dollars to provide hay and essential supplies for our drought affected farmers and their communities,” Mr Adler said.

“It is a fabulous way for the community to help those in need within their community simply by recycling.”

Toby Hutcheon, Queensland Manager of Boomerang Alliance, said: “Container deposit schemes work. The over 40 schemes operating around the world all demonstrate the same thing; they slash litter rates, increase recycling and make a cleaner environment.”

“The Queensland Container Refund Scheme is designed to achieve three things; reduce container litter, increase recycling and jobs, and provide a benefit to community groups who collect cans and bottles. We think it will achieve all of these things.”

http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2018/11/1/its-time-to-cash-in-your-containers

https://www.miragenews.com/it-s-time-to-cash-in-your-containers/

Redigert: Løfter tråden slik at alle dere som ikke var våkne langt over midnatt også vet at Tomra nå har gått live i Queensland! :)
Redigert 19.01.2021 kl 18:07 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
01.11.2018 kl 13:44 3599

Da har Tomra nettopp publisert pressemelding om selskapets nye milepæl i Queensland.

TOMRA OPENS STATE-OF-THE-ART RECYCLING CENTRES AS QUEENSLAND CONTAINERS FOR CHANGE SCHEME LAUNCHES

Queenslanders can now return their containers for a 10c refund at any of TOMRA’s 10 recycling centres in Brisbane, Ipswich, Toowoomba, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.

01 November 2018

Queensland, Australia - From today, Queensland residents will be able to claim 10c per eligible container returned at TOMRA’s 10 modern recycling centres launched as part of the Queensland Containers for Change scheme.

The initiative will see consumers receive a 10-cent refund for all eligible bottles and cans redeemed, via retail cash vouchers, a digital refund via Paypal or donated to a local or state charity. Containers can be returned using the centre’s reverse vending machines or a ‘drop-and-go’ bag-drop service. Plus, businesses and community groups with large numbers of containers to process will also have access to TOMRA’s high-volume bulk-sorting and counting equipment.

The TOMRA recycling centres are the first of their kind in Australia and form part of a state-wide effort to increase recycling rates and reduce drink container litter by incentivising consumers to return their empty beverage containers.

As one of the major refund collection points for the scheme, TOMRA is looking to build on its success with the NSW Return and Earn scheme, where more than 800 million containers have been returned since it launched on December 1, 2017.

TOMRA’s National Director of Automated Depots, Laurie Minto, says the centres will give people the ability to recycle in the cleanest and most resource-efficient way possible.

“We’re excited to bring our experience and success from the NSW Return and Earn scheme to the Containers for Change scheme and to give Queensland recyclers access to the most effective and efficient recycling systems.

“Our state-of-the-art centres help facilitate ‘clean-loop’ bottle-to-bottle recycling, which means used containers are able to be recycled back into new containers rather than downcycled into other products that then end up in landfill. This circular method of recycling drastically cuts down on the amount of new plastic being created.”

Those returning containers will also have the option to donate their refunds to local and state-wide charities and community groups in need. Drought relief charity Buy a Bale will be TOMRA’s inaugural major donation partner, providing timely assistance for our struggling farmers.

https://www.tomra.com/en/collection/reverse-vending/reverse-vending-news/2018/queensland-cds-live
Kommentatoren
01.11.2018 kl 13:54 3584

Nok en pressemelding om at Tomra er første selskap ut med digital pantelapp på mobiltelefon istedet for pantelapp på papir.

Det er bare lekkert det hele. Tomra ligger laaaangt foran konkurrentene med 75 - 80 % global markedsandel når det gjelder pantesystemer. Følelsen er at selskapet er ekstremt godt posisjonert til å vinne kontrakter for pantesystemer som vil komme overalt på kloden. Tomras nyeste"state of the art" systemer hvor Tomra er systemoperatør som f.eks, i to delstater i Australia, flere delstater i USA og i Litauen, er referanser for kvalitet og funksjonalitet ingen konkurrenter kan vise til.

RECYCLING GOES PAPERLESS: TOMRA FIRST TO LAUNCH DIGITAL VOUCHERS FOR CONTAINER RECYCLING PAYOUT

TOMRA Collection Solutions has become the first reverse vending provider to offer digital vouchers as a payout option for container deposit schemes, where consumers receive refunds when they return their empty bottles and cans for recycling at a reverse vending machine.

01 November 2018

Part of the myTOMRA app, the digital voucher means recyclers scan a barcode on their smartphone to access their refunds, instead of scanning a printed paper voucher from the reverse vending machine. As well as being more environmentally friendly, the flexible, personalized payout option means no more losing or forgetting to redeem paper vouchers.

The digital voucher service first launches in the Australian state of Queensland, which has kicked off today its new container deposit scheme to increase recycling rates and combat drink container litter. TOMRA runs in Queensland modern depots where recyclers can return their beverage containers. The digital vouchers can be redeemed at leading Australian supermarket Woolworths, which also partners with TOMRA on container refunds in New South Wales. Vouchers can be redeemed as cash or in-store credit toward grocery purchases.

The popular myTOMRA app, launched in December 2017, also offers electronic payout of refunds direct to a PayPal account of the user’s choice, and the ability to see reverse vending machine locations and their live status. myTOMRA is part of the TOMRA Connect portfolio of digital products, which seeks to add value to using and owning reverse vending systems.

https://www.tomra.com/en/collection/reverse-vending/reverse-vending-news/2018/digital-voucher-launch
Redigert 01.11.2018 kl 14:46 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
04.11.2018 kl 17:24 3457

Det jubles for oppstarten av "Containers for Exchange" i Queensland, rapporterer nabodelstatens ærverdige Sydney Morning Herald. Tomras 10 turbosentre har samlet inn 800 000 av totalt 1 500 000 enheter i løpet av åpningsdagene. Tomra opererer senteret i Montague Road som omtales i artikkelen.

NATIONAL QUEENSLAND RECYCLING

1.5 million containers collected in first weekend of Queensland recycling scheme

By Tony Moore
4 November 2018 — 10:29pm

Almost 1.5 million cans, plastic bottles and stubbies were recycled in Queensland on the first weekend after the state’s 10 cent a container recycling scheme began on November 1.

Queensland’s Containers for Exchange (CoEX) 10¢-per-container recycling scheme began on Thursday.

CoEX’s two major recycling centre operators TOMRA – who runs a similar, but profit-based scheme in New South Wales – and Envirobank, who run Northern Territory’s recycling scheme – both reported an enthusiastic public response.

At West End on Sunday people came from East Brisbane and the CBD to recycle their plastic bottles, cans and stubbies.

Elle Marx and Drew Sherwin came from East Brisbane down Vulture Street to use the site on Montague Road at West End.

“I love it. It’s really easy to use. I think the young generations are demanding it. It makes a lot of sense,” Ms Marx said.

Mark Carlile said once he downloaded the app to have money deposited into his bank account, the scheme worked well.

“It was a little cumbersome at first, but once I’m here and it’s working, it’s great. I wasn’t sure how reverse vending works, but it works really well.”

TOMRA’s national marketing manager Martin Walters said TOMRA centres had received more than 800,000 containers at their 10 centres in Greater Brisbane.

“We’ve had an amazing response in the first few days,” Ms Walter said.

“Today (Sunday), we’ve had 330,000 containers, on Saturday around 210,000, before that 130,000 and 160,000,” he said.

“We’ve had a few thousand since then, so it’s around 750,000 to 800,000.”

“So it really is an amazing response.”

Mr Walters said TOMRA’s Queensland staff told him that the general public were mostly interested in recycling being convenient.

“People are embracing the scheme 100 per cent,” he said.

“They want it. They want to be able to return their containers and they want to do the right thing by the environment.”

For TOMRA sites it was also plastic bottles and cans, with glass making up about 20 per cent of containers on the first weekend.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/queensland/1-5-million-containers-collected-in-first-weekend-of-queensland-recycling-scheme-20181104-p50dyc.html
Redigert 04.11.2018 kl 17:27 Du må logge inn for å svare
exuptro
04.11.2018 kl 18:22 3430

Skal ikke se bort i fra at dette smitter over på andre landområder i Australia. Er rimelig klar for enda større ekspansjon down under!
Kommentatoren
04.11.2018 kl 19:08 3403

Pantesjef Harald Henriksen sa under Capital Markets Day 21.september at Tomra nå er rigget for produksjon av 24 000 pantemaskiner pr. år. Ja, dere leste riktig; 24 000... Det tallet taler vel for seg selv når det gjelder hva Tomra Collection Solutions ser i pipeline rundt om på kloden fremover...
Redigert 04.11.2018 kl 23:01 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
06.11.2018 kl 20:45 3218

En oppstemt miljøvernminister i Queensland Leeanne Enoch besøkte et returpunkt i dag. Som nevnt i trådstart, kan det komme flere returpunkt med Tomra som operatør i Queensland. Disse kommer isåfall kun i områder med befolkningstetthet stor nok til at opprettelse av returpunkt er kommersielt interessant for Tomra, ifølge selskapet selv.

In Maryborough today visiting a refund site operated by U Can Recycle, Minister Leeanne Enoch said local residents had a variety of options to cash-in their containers, through over-the-counter returns and drop off points.

“People may also choose to donate their containers to a local charity or community group, which is a fantastic way for these organisations to get funding for the crucial work they do,” Ms Enoch said.

“Containers for Change has had an amazing response so far across Queensland. So far, more than 2 million containers have been returned across Queensland, including more than 350,000 in the Wide Bay region, which is fantastic.

“Containers for Change is about improving recycling in Queensland and reducing litter in our environment.

“Queenslanders are able to get 10 cents back for recycling containers, or donate their refund to a charity or community organisation.

Minister Enoch said this was just the beginning of the scheme.

“As more Queenslanders participate and the scheme grows, we expect more refund sites will be established across the state,” she said.

https://www.miragenews.com/wide-bay-residents-cashing-in-on-recycled-containers/
Redigert 06.11.2018 kl 20:53 Du må logge inn for å svare
KanonBra5
07.11.2018 kl 07:26 3115

Dette er selvfølgelig nyheter som vil bli kommunisert i flere kansler til resten av verden og vil rettferdiggjør rask innføring av pantesystemer world wide. Det er ingen andre bedre måter å takle de stenge krav som kommer på resirkulering (sirkulær økonomi)!!

Investor
herv
07.11.2018 kl 07:55 3092

Nå er Tomra-aksjen snart like mye verdt som Eqnr-aksjen
Kommentatoren
07.11.2018 kl 11:01 3016

Vi er selvsagt aller mest interessert i hvordan Tomras 10 "state of the art" turbosentre gjør det, og jeg har gode nyheter, som dere kan lese under. Helt enig KanonBra5! Det finnes ingen annen vei enn innsamling/pant og sirkulær økonomi. Da er det godt å vite at Tomra som suveren global markedsleder opererer alle de nye, velfungerende pantesystemene, for politikere er selvsagt under press når det gjelder å bygge systemer som virkelig fungerer og blir godt mottatt av publikum slik tilfellet nå altså er i Queensland for Tomras sentre. :)

Craig McDougall, Depot Supervisor for TOMRA Kunda Park said that after all the hard work everyone at TOMRA had put in to get their 10 Recycling Centres operational from day one, it was fantastic to see the Sunshine Coast so enthusiastic about recycling their drink containers and helping to clean up Queensland.

“Now they’ve seen how fast, friendly and rewarding the experience is, I’m sure that this will only be the beginning,” Mr McDougall said.

Sunshine Coast Animal Refuge is one of the charities that are benefiting from the scheme and Vice President and Treasurer, Penny Brischke, said: “We’re thrilled to be part of this important environmental initiative. Not only will it provide a much needed fundraising boost, helping us to continue our valuable work with animal rescue, it will reduce the amount of litter in our environment.”.

https://www.miragenews.com/sunshine-coast-community-bringing-in-containers-for-change/
Kommentatoren
04.01.2019 kl 18:33 2515

Brakstart og stormende jubel for "Containers for Change" i delstaten Queensland, Australia som dere kan lese i artikkelen gjengitt nedenfor. I Queensland er det Tomra som forsyner seg av "indrefileten", dvs de tettest befolkede områdene i delstaten som Tomra betjener med 10 resirkuleringssentre med 10 pantemaskiner i hvert senter. Her kan dere se bilder av Tomras resirkuleringssentre i Queensland (manøvrer mellom sentrene m/piltastene):

https://www.mytomra.com.au/ipswich/#

Det bebudes altså at systemet skal utvides med flere returpunkter (ref. artikkel gjengitt nedenfor) så blir spennnende å se om dette innebærer økt aktivitet for Tomra i delstaten. Har kommet over flere artikler med intervjuer med Tomra-ansatte hvor det bl.a. fremkommer at Tomras resirkuleringssentre har måttet utvide åpningstidene pga stor pågang, men får dessverre bare lest en og annen linje i disse da de ligger bak betalingsmurer (tipper Queensland har verdensrekorden når det gjelder avisartikler på nett som ligger skjult bak betalingsmurer! ;))

Container Refund Scheme cracks the 100 million mark

by Staff Writer
4th Jan 2019 9:44 AM

THE new Container Refund Scheme might be causing the critics some sour moments but its popularity with the public is in the numbers.

The scheme has blasted naysayers by ringing in the new year with a staggering 100 million containers already.

Minister for Environment and the Great Barrier Reef Leeanne Enoch said reaching this milestone in just two months showed just how popular the scheme is and what a big win it is for Queenslanders and the environment.

"This is a mammoth collective achievement with great participation from those who have returned containers and those who are running the scheme. Around $10 million has been returned the pockets of Queenslanders, community groups and charities," Minister Enoch said.

"With well over 70 000 Queenslanders registered and with thousands of community groups, charities, sporting clubs and schools being on board demonstrates the strength of the scheme.

"It is fantastic to see the number of Queenslanders embracing the new recycling initiative and choosing to be a part of the positive change.

"Increasing recycling levels is also delivering jobs for Queenslanders with more than 500 jobs created throughout the state as a result of the new refund points set up.

"This is a phenomenal result in only four weeks and we have to remember this is just the very beginning for Queensland's Container Refund Scheme, Containers for Change. The scheme will increase site numbers and capacity across the next year."

Ken Noye Chief Executive Officer of Container Exchange (COEX), the not-for-profit managing the scheme, said he was looking forward to seeing what 2019 would bring.

"The scheme has already seen over 102 million containers returned and over 500 new jobs provided in under two months.

"COEX is excited for Containers for Change to continue to grow in the new year, expanding our network of Container Refund Points, providing more jobs and refunding more containers."

Redigert 04.01.2019 kl 18:39 Du må logge inn for å svare