QEC - federal gov officially support carbon tech!🚀🚀🚀

MC Axel
QEC 15.03.2022 kl 07:43 44174

😁

It happened.

The federal government has officially come out in support of carbon tech.

This morning, Ministers Guilbeault and Wilkinson wrote in a National Observer article that they will be proposing tax incentives to develop a robust carbon tech economy in Canada.

After months of advocating for a third option for the environment that isn't blocking and banning or business as usual, carbon tech is becoming mainstream.

MC Axel
15.03.2022 kl 07:46 18088

Every tool in the toolbox: Why we need carbon capture, utilization and storage in the fight against climate change

By Jonathan Wilkinson & Steven GuilbeaultOpinion

Opinion pieces draw conclusions based on the interpretation of facts and data.

When it comes to climate change, here’s what we know:

Science tells us that emissions must go down — urgently. Steadily, we have to chart a path to net-zero emissions, meaning we put fewer polluting emissions in the air than we take out. And realistically, this can only happen if we use every tool at our disposal.

Later this month, our government will release a detailed plan for how Canada will cut emissions on the road to net-zero by 2050. This plan will be ambitious — after a devastating year of forest fires, flooding, deadly heat waves and more, Canadians are calling for nothing less. But it will also be achievable. And alongside a whole range of measures to cut emissions, that’s where innovative technologies like carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) come into play.

Email *

What is CCUS? Basically, it’s the deployment of technologies that capture carbon dioxide from heavy industries — think cement, steel, fertilizer, oil and gas — and then either permanently store it deep underground by inserting it into rock formations or completely repurpose it to make new products like soap or cement.

Since too much carbon dioxide (CO2) in the air is what drives climate change, taking it out of the air is an intuitive solution. And as Canadian industry shows, it works.

Take for example the cement plant CO2MENT in Richmond, B.C., that uses a CCUS “capture unit” to pipe the airborne pollution through a rotating set of filters that screen out the carbon particles from the air and reuse them for CO2-cured concrete, thus storing it permanently.

According to the International Energy Agency’s (IEA) Net‐Zero Emissions by 2050 scenario, the scale-up of CCUS needs to be rapid and immense — with 1.6 gigatonnes of carbon dioxide per year captured globally by 2030, rising to 7.6 gigatonnes per year in 2050. This is approximately 15 per cent of total greenhouse gas reductions and 190 times what is captured today. Moreover, the IEA finds that without CCUS, the cost of reaching global 2050 net-zero goals will increase by approximately US$15 trillion.

With our abundance of natural resources and skilled labour, Canada is well-positioned to lead global growth in CCUS. And since Canada is warming at twice the rate of the rest of the world, it’s in our national interest to do so. As we continue to use fossil fuels in our cars and in our homes over the short- to medium-term, CCUS needs to be a key part of the transition to a net-zero economy.

Canada is already among the global leaders in this startup industry. We now host five of the world’s 21 CCUS facilities. One out of every six tonnes of CO2 that have been captured globally with CCUS is Canadian. We’re fourth in the number of CCUS patents granted, behind the U.S., China and the European Union. This technology is still in its early stages, but is already employing thousands of Canadians. It has the potential to make a big dent in cutting pollution, while creating sustainable jobs and economic growth across the country.

As a government, we want to make sure we support this innovation. That’s why we’re proposing a tax credit to help drive the growth of Canadian CCUS technologies in industries like concrete, steel, plastics, fuels and hydrogen. The oil and gas industry, which contributes 26 per cent of Canada’s overall emissions but also employs over 70,000 people directly, shouldn’t — and won’t — be excluded. That said, the tax credit cannot be used for CCUS activities designed to extract more petroleum.

"""""In their opinion, carbon capture utilization and storage has the potential to make a big dent in cutting pollution, while creating sustainable jobs and economic growth across the country. By @JonathanWNV and @s_guilbeault. #NetZero""""""

The tax credit is an important part of our plan to mobilize substantial private capital towards clean technologies. To those who view CCUS as being too expensive, the tax credit will accelerate the private investment, driving down costs and encouraging widespread market adoption.

When it comes to climate change, there’s no magic bullet. So let’s use every tool in the toolbox. We have the ambition, the know-how, and the plan to build a bright, healthy future for everyone.

So let’s keep at it.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2022/03/14/opinion/every-tool-toolbox-why-we-need-carbon-capture-utilization-and-storage-fight
Redigert 15.03.2022 kl 07:47 Du må logge inn for å svare
sigj2
15.03.2022 kl 07:52 18049

I need to read in Quebec 🤣
tuja
15.03.2022 kl 08:01 17983

Spennende. Blir nok en realitet i hele Canada. Og QE har inne både søknad om carbonfangst, samt ett område på over 1 mill acres tilgjengelig(om jeg ikke husker feil).

16 sept. 2021 Skjul Questerre announces carbon storage project and comments on news article

Newsweb
Calgary, Alberta -- Questerre Energy Corporation ("Questerre" or the "Company") (TSX,OSE:QEC) reported today it has recently completed the engineering and work program to test a carbon storage reservoir in Quebec. The operation includes an injectivity test to estimate the optimal injection rate for carbon dioxide into the storage reservoir. The test will also estimate the volume that can be safely stored in this reservoir situated at a depth of over 1000m below the surface in the Potsdam, a Cambrian age sandstone formation. The Company is finalizing its application to the Government and plans to execute this program once the application is approved and equipment is available. Michael Binnion, President and Chief Executive Officer of Questerre, commented, "The test will prove up the carbon storage potential in Quebec where we hold the exclusive exploration rights for storage reservoirs over one million acres. Carbon storage and recycling are an important part of the circular economy and it is a proven technology today. If we store the emissions from consuming natural gas, it will be an important step to net zero emissions. We think this will greatly help the province meet its emissions reduction goals under its 2030 Plan for a Green Economy to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050.

24 sept. 2021 Skjul Questerre files application for carbon storage reservoir test

Newsweb
Calgary, Alberta -- Questerre Energy Corporation ("Questerre" or the "Company") (TSX,OSE:QEC) reported it has filed an application with the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resource in Quebec to test a reservoir for carbon storage potential. The operation will consist primarily of an injectivity test to gather data on both the safe rate of injection and storage potential. The Company identified the storage formation earlier this year after studying its proprietary seismic and well data. The Company holds the exclusive right to explore for storage reservoirs over one million acres in Quebec.
Redigert 15.03.2022 kl 08:05 Du må logge inn for å svare
MC Axel
16.03.2022 kl 08:57 17565

It will at least put pressure on Quebec, if not then one must hope that QEC gets a big compensation, now everyone is starting to sue Quebec

The Quebec government knows the oil companies have a strong case. The only reason the politician only offered $ 100 million was so that they looked good to the voters.

They know they'll pay +500 million $ or more
sigj2
16.03.2022 kl 08:59 17535

Yes but when? When??
MC Axel
16.03.2022 kl 09:08 17463

I think soon. It is possible that they also want a settlement, as with the Anti costi case, all parties were satisfied
Fljo
16.03.2022 kl 09:12 17425

Denne kan man gamble på. Med dagens energikrise, som kan bli langvarig, så skal du se at også motstanderne i Quebec forandrer mening. Money talks...
16.03.2022 kl 09:18 17367

Det er rigtig gode nyheder, næste uge bliver qec uge, lad nu traderne sælge i denne uge så tager vi næste uge med store stigninger.
panamajack
16.03.2022 kl 11:26 17215

Gap i 1,74 er lukket. Nu skal gap i 1,92 lukkes og så er det mod de 2.3, modstand ved 2,07.
tuja
16.03.2022 kl 12:30 17050

Satser på at neste uke, og fram mot kv.rapport, blir en skikkelig bull-uke. Tror vi får en del oppdateringer rundt ståa i kv.rapporten. Herunder forventet produksjonsøkning, erstatningsspørsmlet, first nations og karbonlagring. Mest spennende framover er om Quebec snur iht utvinning av fossil energi. QEC er megaspennede utover i 2022.
Cph2500
16.03.2022 kl 12:45 16987

Ingen erstatning, ingen pilot & det hele ender I Retten 🥱🥱🥱😴😴😴
Men gyldne tider for Daytraders som styrer showet.
Givinsttagning kan komme når som helst igen 😁
Carlsen73
16.03.2022 kl 13:01 16934

Gevinstsikring fra hvad? Den er faldet massivt de to seneste dage.

Cph2500! Kan du ikke en gang for alle finde ud af, hvad du vil i og med denne aktie? Du har i indeværende kalenderår - der endnu ikke er tre måneder gammel - talt om kurser på nogle ganske få øre og flercifrede kurser i kroner. Det hele sideløbende med at du opererer med tidshorisonter på op til 10 år, hvor der angiveligt ikke skulle ske noget med aktien. Så hop dog ud af forummet og kom igen om 10 år. Det andet bliver for tåbeligt og ufrivilligt komisk.
Jensi
16.03.2022 kl 13:10 16890

zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
trani
16.03.2022 kl 13:50 16917

Her må dere selge, så jeg får kjøpt mer!
Rotary
16.03.2022 kl 14:14 16814

Synes denne støyende regla her kommer jevnt og trutt fra deg, vil gjerne få minnet deg på en av reglene for å poste på forumet her:

"Gjentatt innlegg med samme innhold, "spamming", eller andre forsøk på å ødelegge debattene og forumet."

Jeg finner det også fascinerende å se at du tror at å gjenta dette substansløse gnålet daglig vil ha noen som helst innvirkning på aksjekursen - i beste/verste fall har du kanskje "lurt" en nervøs småsparer til å selge sine par 1000 aksjer.
Cph2500
16.03.2022 kl 14:34 16732

Rolig nu
Du får masser af muligheder for at købe aktien endnu billigere når aktien falder tilbage igen.
Vi har støtte 1,53 foreløbig....
Redigert 16.03.2022 kl 14:34 Du må logge inn for å svare
rischioso
16.03.2022 kl 15:12 16610

Ville ikke vært for sikker på akkurat det - sannsynligheten er langt større for at kursen er betydelig høyere om en knapp uke når Q4 presentasjonen med en spennende guiding kommer på bordet - kanskje før.
Jensi
16.03.2022 kl 15:20 16575

ALGO 1 sælger billigt -------------- køøøøøøøøøøøøøøb

jeg har !

underligt program som styrer kursen i QEC !
Cph2500
17.03.2022 kl 09:44 16015

Givinsttagning kan komme når som helst 😁
panamajack
17.03.2022 kl 09:45 16006

Cph når du skriver om ingen erstatning mm. Når du bruger emoji, så brug bananer i stedet for. 🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌
Der var vist en skribent, der skrev at QG selv er interesseret i at overtage QECs områder i Quebec, for selv at udvinde gassen. Så kan QG ikke betale erstaning, for de skal bruge en hulens masse penge til udvikling, Som de sikkert for andre provinser til at betale.
Redigert 17.03.2022 kl 09:47 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
17.03.2022 kl 09:52 15949

Cph2500 har igen igen helt tabt sutten :-)...............0,50-1,00 NOK og min bare røv :-)
BIF78
17.03.2022 kl 09:53 15932

panamajack skrev 👍🚀 1.96
Tak for TA-indspark. Spændende når/hvis 2,07 skal testes.
Vestjyden
17.03.2022 kl 09:55 15906

panamajack skrev 👍🚀 1.96
660 K på 2 der gik i en jafs
Redigert 17.03.2022 kl 09:56 Du må logge inn for å svare
panamajack
17.03.2022 kl 11:26 15735

For Lofoten da, over 2.

2,075 spændende, skal vi have en dobbelt top i 2,3

vi har haft trippel bund i 1,74
Redigert 17.03.2022 kl 11:45 Du må logge inn for å svare
MC Axel
18.03.2022 kl 17:04 15363

Montreal Gazette

ArticleHalf of Que­becers want to develop oil, gas projects: poll

A major­ity of Que­becers believe their province should be more self-suf­fi­cient when it comes to fossil fuels, accord­ing to a new poll. More than half (52%) of Que­becers polled by Ipsos on behalf of the Montreal Eco­nomic Insti­tute (MEI) agreed...

18 Mar 20224

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/montreal-gazette/20220318/281977496107722

MC Axel
18.03.2022 kl 17:29 15325

I like this one """the politicians now realize the only way to deliver is to look to the carbon technology the fossil fuel industry has already developed.""""""

Smith: Federal embrace of carbon tech is a victory for the energy industry

Mar 18, 2022

Federal Environment Minister Steven Guilbeault, along with Natural Resources Minister Jonathan Wilkinson, has penned an article for the pro-green National Observer extolling the benefits of carbon capture and storage. That's a significant victory for Canada's energy industry, writes Danielle Smith. PHOTO BY BLAIR GABLE /REUTERS fileArticle content

There has been a battle going on behind the scenes for several months and it appears the energy industry is about to win it.

On Monday, federal ministers Jonathan Wilkinson and Stephen Guilbeault co-authored a column titled “Every tool in the toolbox: Why we need carbon capture, utilization and storage in the fight against climate change” in the National Observer.

In it, they confirm they will soon release a detailed plan on how Canada will cut emissions to reach net-zero by 2050. It will be aggressive, they say, and carbon tech will be part of it.

Here’s how they describe new carbon tech: “Basically, it’s the deployment of technologies that capture carbon dioxide from heavy industries — think cement, steel, fertilizer, oil and gas — and then either permanently store it deep underground by inserting it into rock formations or completely repurpose it to make new products like soap or cement.”

They use Project CO2MENT in Richmond, B.C., as an example of a company with a “capture unit” that infuses CO2 in cement for concrete, “thus storing it permanently.” They call Canada a global leader in this startup industry, as we already have five facilities and multiple patents.

They go on to say the scale-up of this technology needs to be rapid and immense. The International Energy Agency says, without the use of carbon tech, the cost of reaching 2050 goals will be $15 trillion higher. And so, they are proposing a tax credit to help drive it.

The only catch is the credit can’t be used for enhanced oil recovery. You can’t win them all.

But to understand how remarkable it is that they penned this letter in the National Observer you have to know a little more about it.

It was founded by Linda Solomon Wood in 2015 and joined The Climate Desk, a multi-media journalistic effort started by Mother Jones to provide climate coverage to a global shared audience of more than 300 million. 

There has also been a very aggressive campaign by extreme greens to derail the government’s plan.

Just a couple of months ago, the National Observer published a column titled “Are Canada’s Carbon Capture Plans a Pipe Dream?” It cites a letter penned by 400 green activists and academics written to the ministers on Jan. 22, decrying a tax credit for carbon tech. They say “carbon capture prolongs our dependence on them at a time when preventing catastrophic climate change requires winding down fossil fuel use.” That’s strange. I thought this was just about keeping CO2 from going into the atmosphere?

The alternative they offer instead is “increased electrification, wide-scale use of renewable energy, and intensifying energy efficiency.”

The problem is, the world has now discovered intermittent energy, such as wind and solar, can’t be used to power an industrial grid without backup from reliable sources.

Not to mention, a full decade focused almost singularly on increasing renewables for heating, power and transportation, has increased the amount of energy consumed from biomass, geothermal, solar, hydro, wind and biofuels from just 8.7 per cent to 11.2 per cent.

At this rate of conversion — a mere 2.5 percentage points per decade — this strategy alone can’t get the planet to net-zero by 2050, much as some wish it to be so.

Last week, I took part in a panel hosted by the Canadian Energy Executives Association, where Wilfrid Laurier professor William McNally made the point above to students at Bishop’s University and the University of Toronto. Among the panellists, we had Natalie Giglio from Carbon Upcycling explaining how the company she works for captures CO2 in cement. Stephen Buffalo, from the Indian Resource Council, moderated an Indigenous panel of chiefs explaining how they are partnering with energy companies to deploy carbon technology.

Layer on the energy crisis that is spiking power and heating bills, the war in Ukraine creating supply concerns, and the need to lift billions of people on the planet out of poverty, and you’d be happy to hear our message was very well received.

I think this is what it means to be hoisted on one’s own petard.
""""""""""::
The extreme greens have done such an effective job of convincing politicians they must act quickly to make a massive reduction in emissions, the politicians now realize the only way to deliver is to look to the carbon technology the fossil fuel industry has already developed.
""""""""
I don’t think that was the plan, but I do think we should count it as a win.

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnists/smith-federal-embrace-of-carbon-tech-is-a-victory-for-the-energy-industry
Slettet bruker
18.03.2022 kl 17:52 15268

Anticosti?
Involverte oljeselskaper hadde en spesialkontrakt med daværende myndigheter som også var økonomisk involvert. Er Qec i en tilsvarende situasjon? Nei, så avgjort ikke!
Redigert 18.03.2022 kl 17:54 Du må logge inn for å svare
tuja
18.03.2022 kl 18:13 15216

Fin artikkel. Til info har QEC 1 million acres tilgjengeli for karbonlagring.

Questerre announces carbon storage project and comments on news article

Newsweb
Calgary, Alberta -- Questerre Energy Corporation ("Questerre" or the "Company") (TSX,OSE:QEC) reported today it has recently completed the engineering and work program to test a carbon storage reservoir in Quebec. The operation includes an injectivity test to estimate the optimal injection rate for carbon dioxide into the storage reservoir. The test will also estimate the volume that can be safely stored in this reservoir situated at a depth of over 1000m below the surface in the Potsdam, a Cambrian age sandstone formation. The Company is finalizing its application to the Government and plans to execute this program once the application is approved and equipment is available. Michael Binnion, President and Chief Executive Officer of Questerre, commented, "The test will prove up the carbon storage potential in Quebec where we hold the exclusive exploration rights for storage reservoirs over one million acres.
18.03.2022 kl 18:17 15196

Men gassen mv skal ud, før man kan fylde andet i brønde, derfor vil QEC opret 2 pilotbrønde pr projekt, hvis jeg har forstået det ret.
Redigert 18.03.2022 kl 18:18 Du må logge inn for å svare
MC Axel
19.03.2022 kl 17:49 14841

CRAIG: Canadians on board with producing more oil and gas to squeeze out Putin

Author of the article:

Colin Craig

Publishing date:

Mar 18, 2022

New public opinion research – commissioned by SecondStreet.org – shows that 78% of Canadians support the idea of our country developing and exporting more oil and natural gas so the world can reduce its purchases from Russia.
https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/craig-canadians-on-board-with-producing-more-oil-and-gas-to-squeeze-out-putin

MC Axel
31.03.2022 kl 15:14 14061

Increased oil and gas production, carbon capture tax credits calls Canada’s new climate plan’s credibility into question

By Natasha Bulowski, Local Journalism Initiative ReporterCanada's National Observer

Wed., March 30, 2022timer4 min. read

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2022/03/30/increased-oil-and-gas-production-carbon-capture-tax-credits-calls-canadas-new-climate-plans-credibility-into-question.html?rf
Jensi
31.03.2022 kl 15:25 14020

Qec virker jo imponerede stærk idag !
snart 2. kvartal og nyheder på vej !
MC Axel
31.03.2022 kl 16:09 13886

It sounds good that QEC will have to pay less in taxes with its greentech
Peter Sellers
31.03.2022 kl 16:50 13763

@Jensi, Q1 den 11.05.22 så Q2 den 11.08.22 det er fortsatt en stund til Q2 Jensi :)))
Slettet bruker
31.03.2022 kl 17:08 13701

Ja og det er som vi vet ingenting å de fram til, da blir det igjen stor nedgang.
Carlsen73
31.03.2022 kl 17:09 13682

Nej! 2. kvartal begynder 1. april, uanset hvornår et aktieselskab har tænkt sig at offentliggøre deres regnskabsresultater.
Carlsen73
31.03.2022 kl 17:11 13673

Du er her på forummet, fordi du udmærket godt ved, at denne aktie lige pludselig kan blive den mest interessante på Oslo Børs.
BIF78
31.03.2022 kl 17:15 13669

Måske kun i Danmark Q2 starter 1. april🤭 Tror du kan læse i Q4 21 rapporten om nogle af de nyheder Jensi kan henvise til.