Tomra Systems - nyheter

Rect Angel
TOM 29.12.2022 kl 00:30 80442

Slik jeg ser det, er Tomra Systems et fantastisk, grønt teknologiselskap. Globalt ledende og perfekt rigget for å betjene sterkt økende etterspørsel innen alle selskapets forretningsområder, i tiår fremover. Velger å starte denne tråden på forumet for 'Grønne aksjer'.

Har benyttet kursfallet den senere tid til å ta en posisjon i Tomra Systems. Dette fordi jeg er av den oppfatning at man skal lete lenge etter et mer opplagt langsiktig investeringsobjekt. Best mulig kurs er selvsagt å foretrekke, men er ikke så veldig opptatt av kortsiktige bevegelser i aksjekursen. Hensikten med denne trådstarten er primært å poste noen lenker av og til, til nyheter jeg måtte komme over som følge av at jeg er interessert i hva som skjer i og rundt selskapet (*). Bare hos Nordnet er det 7 819 aksjeieiere i Tomra Systems, ifølge megleren. Så selv om det er 'helt stille' rundt selskapet her på forumet, tenker jeg likevel at det kan være et visst 'marked' for litt nytt, en gang i blant.

Quick-change MRF

Santa Barbara County’s Resource Center sorts MSW and single-stream recyclables using the same circuit with Tomra Autosort units to reduce landfilling.

December 28, 2022
Rick Zettler

https://www.recyclingtoday.com/article/santa-barbara-county-resource-center-processes-msw-and-single-stream-recyclables/

* Hvis artikler er på et annet språk enn engelsk eller norsk, gjengis overskriftene oversatt til engelsk mens lenken er til artikkelen på originalspråk slik at man selv kan velge hvilket språk man eventuelt ønsker å oversette artikkelen til
Redigert 05.10.2023 kl 22:45 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
18.06.2023 kl 19:35 7984

De som følger med her på tråden kunne i innlegg 26.04.2023 kl 21:57 lese om hvordan Norges generalkonsul i Mumbai Arne Jan Flølo promoterer Tomras pantesystem-løsninger i den indiske delstaten Maharashtra (ca. 126 millioner innbyggere) og i innlegg 14.06.2023 kl 23:31 se og høre Norges ambassadør på Filippinene og en asiatisk Tomra-topp bli (video) interjuvet på engelsk av CNN om potensielle pante-løsninger fra Tomra for Filippinenes ca. 110 millioner innbyggere.

Og her kommer nyheten om at også Norges ambassadør i Thailand nylig har vært på besøk hos guvernøren i Bangkok sammen med en delegasjon fra Tomra, for å presentere Tomras løsninger som virkemiddel i kampen mot den økende flommen av plastavfall der. Thailand har ca. 70 millioner innbyggere.

At nasjonale myndigheter i det folkerike Sørøst-Asia nå for alvor vil/må (i henhold til forpliktende, internasjonale avtaler i f. eks. FN-regi) ta tak i problematikken rundt plastavfall og sette i verk konkrete tiltak for å bekjempe dette gjennom å sørge for mer innsamling og resirkulering, er selvfølgelig ensbetydende med et enormt iboende potensial for Tomra som jo er klar global markedsleder både når det gjelder innsamlings-/panteteknologi og sorteringsteknologi med henblikk utvinning av diverse plasttyper til resirkulering fra blandet avfall.

Governor Chatchart welcomed the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Norway Discuss plastic waste management

Updated 2 days ago • Published 2 days ago

(June 15, 2023) Mr. Chatchart Sittipunt, Governor of Bangkok welcomed Mrs. Astrid Emilia Helle (HE Mrs. Astrid Emilie Helle), Ambassador of the Kingdom of Norway to Thailand together with a delegation from TOMRA Systems ASA Co., Ltd. to discuss plastic waste management at Amornphiman Room, Bangkok City Hall, Sao Chingcha

The Norwegian Ambassador led a delegation from TOMRA Systems ASA Ltd. to discuss introducing waste management technology. Especially the amount of plastic waste that is increasing. After the epidemic situation of COVID-19 The aforementioned company is the world's leading company in waste management, both Reuse and Recycle. The company's technology is a cabinet that can separate waste types, including different types of plastic bottles, soft drink cans. glass bottle filled with drink and can also separate the label and pull the cap of the soft drink can. BMA is studying and receiving cooperation from the private sector on this matter.

https://today.line.me/th/v2/article/NvpkDQG

McCall Farms achieves massive production increase and grade a product quality with TOMRA 5B sorting green beans for canning

By Staff Reporter
June 15, 2023

The TOMRA 5B optical sorter has helped this well-established family business achieve a 16-fold increase in throughput, improved the removal of foreign materials and defective product, and reduced reliance on chainrd-to-find manual labor.  

McCall Farms has been growing and canning vegetables in South Carolina, USA, since 1954 – yet it was in an astonishingly short timeframe, and very recently, that this 70-year-old business ramped up production volumes 16-fold.

In the years up to and including 2018, McCall Farms typically produced 18 million cans of green beans per year. By 2022, however, McCall’s output had skyrocketed to 304 million cans per year. A big reason for this giant leap forward was McCall’s acquisition of a state-of-the-art TOMRA 5B optical sorting machine. Investing in the sorter has also paid back by significantly enhancing product quality and reducing problematic dependence on manual labor.

https://farmersreviewafrica.com/mccall-farms-achieves-massive-production-increase-and-grade-a-product-quality-with-tomra-5b-sorting-green-beans-for-canning/

Making inroads in the battle to reduce plastic waste

Sponsored by Cleanaway
June 16, 2023 — 9.26am

Australia has a plastic problem. From 2020 to 2021, the country generated 2.6 million tonnes of plastic waste, according to the federal government’s 2022 National Waste Report. The report found plastic has a recovery rate of just 13 per cent, the lowest of all waste materials.

Transitioning to a more circular economy can help Australia tackle the problem and unlock untapped potential for economic growth in the process.
Four key elements were identified as necessary for successful plastic recycling:

* Cleanaway is Australia’s largest collector of PET, HDPE and PP plastic. It operates the NSW container deposit scheme through the Tomra Cleanaway joint venture. Tomra Cleanaway has also been selected as one of 3 network operators in the soon to be launched Victorian container deposit scheme. In addition, Cleanaway operates a network of material recovery facilities (MRFs) across Australia.

* Customers for recycled plastic resin - Pact Group, Asahi Beverages and Coca-Cola Europacific Partners (CCEP) are among the largest consumers of rPET in Australia.

* World-class technology to meet the specifications of brands such as Pepsi and Coca-Cola - the PET facility uses world-leading, food-grade recycling technology from European manufacturers including Tomra, AMUT and Starlinger.

* Experience in operating recycling facilities - Pact Group has extensive experience in recycling post-industrial plastic.

“The joint partnership enabled these four streams to come together, where we are all committed to making breakthroughs in onshore recycling to create a local circular economy for plastic waste,” Cleanaway CEO Mark Schubert says.

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/sustainability/making-inroads-in-the-battle-to-reduce-plastic-waste-20230608-p5df09.html
Rect Angel
16.06.2023 kl 11:32 8055

Innsidekjøp. To børsmeldinger som har gått meg hus forbi for et par dager siden.

To styremedlemmer har kjøpt aksjer.

TOMRA: Mandatory notification of trade

TUE, JUN 13, 2023 14:28 CETReport this content

Bodil Sonesson, board member and primary insider (PDMR) of TOMRA Systems ASA, has today bought 420 shares in TOMRA Systems ASA at a price of NOK 171.10 per share through closely associated company Sonesson Advisory AB. After the transaction Bodil Sonesson holds 3,502 shares in TOMRA Systems ASA. Further disclosure details can be found in the attached form.

Asker, 13 June 2023

TOMRA Systems ASA

For further information, please contact:

Daniel Sundahl, Head of Investor Relations
Tel: +47 91 36 18 99

This information is subject to the disclosure requirements in Regulation EU 596/2014 article 19 number 3 and the Norwegian Securities Trading Act § 5-12.

https://news.cision.com/tomra-systems-asa/r/tomra--mandatory-notification-of-trade,c3785929

TOMRA: Mandatory notification of trade

TUE, JUN 13, 2023 20:10 CETReport this content

Pierre Couderc, board member and primary insider (PDMR) of TOMRA Systems ASA, has today bought 400 shares in TOMRA Systems ASA at a price of NOK 172.40 per share. After the transaction Pierre Couderc holds 3,520 shares in TOMRA Systems ASA. Further disclosure details can be found in the attached form.

Asker, 13 June 2023

TOMRA Systems ASA

Daniel Sundahl, Head of Investor Relations
Tel: +47 91 36 18 99

This information is subject to the disclosure requirements in Regulation EU 596/2014 article 19 number 3 and the Norwegian Securities Trading Act § 5-12.

https://news.cision.com/tomra-systems-asa/r/tomra--mandatory-notification-of-trade,c3786429
Rect Angel
14.06.2023 kl 23:31 8117

EPR (Extended Producer Responsibility) når det gjelder emballasje lovfestet på Filippinene for 10 måneder siden. Dette medførerer at debatten om/prosessen mot pantesystem for nasjonens rundt 110 millioner innbyggere er i gang. I den forbindelse gjester Norges ambassadør på Filippinene og asiatisk Tomra-topp CNN (videointerjuv på ca. 9 min. på engelsk):

Implementing Deposit Return Systems for waste management

By CNN Philippines Staff
Published Jun 14, 2023, 9:37:37 PM

http://www.cnnphilippines.com/videos/2023/6/14/Implementing-Deposit-Return-Systems-for-waste-management.html

AWARD

These are the most popular employers in Germany

06/14/2023

In cooperation with the employer rating platform Kununu, the Zeit publishing group has awarded the employer seal Most Wanted Employer for the second time and once again identified the 1,000 most popular employers in Germany. The database consists of more than 3.9 million reviews by employees on the Kununu internet platform. The criteria that were clearly defined in advance, such as the recommendation rate, a high employee evaluation score and the number of reviews, led to the calculation of the overall score, from which the final ranking was determined.
The top 10 places in the category "Industry - Chemicals - Energy - Construction"

1. Tomra Sorting GmbH
2. BWF Offermann, Waldenfels & Co. KGaillant GmbH
3. Electrolux Hausgeräte GmbH
4. Zwilling JA Henckels AG
5. IMO Surface Technology GmbH
6. Vaillant GmbH
7. Grob-Werke GmbH & Co. KG
8. Bito- Lagertechnik Bittmann GmbH
9. Covestro AG
10. Coherent, Inc. – Germany GmbH

The overall ranking of the Most Wanted Employer 2023 is available as a pdf file .

https://www.markenartikel-magazin.de/_rubric/detail.php?rubric=personen-events&nr=64928

Tomra Recycling hires sales manager for Americas

With 14 years in the industry, Gleb Trofimov understands “customers’ pain points with recycling technology,” says Ty Rhoad, regional director Americas for Tomra.

POSTED BY BOB GAETJENS | JUNE 14, 2023

Tomra Recycling Sorting, which has North American offices in Clifton, Connecticut, has hired Gleb Trofimov as the area sales manager for the Americas, strengthening the company’s sales support for the waste, plastics, wood and metals recycling industries.

In this role, Trofimov will consult directly with Tomra’s partners and customers throughout Canada and portions of the United States to implement the right advanced sorting technologies designed to improve recycling recovery rates, increase product purity and throughput and boost profitability.  

Trofimov offers well-rounded experience in the waste management and recycling industries. For 14 years, he worked in waste collection and recycling, so he understands first-hand the challenges recyclers face. He has spent the last four years with Tomra, a global sensor-based sorting technology provider, leading sales efforts in parts of Eastern Europe and Asia.

“Gleb’s time working in the recycling industry and with Tomra gives him the right perspective to understand the customer’s pain points with recycling technology and offer the right solution for the application,” says Ty Rhoad, regional director Americas for Tomra Recycling. “We are lucky to have such an experienced waste professional to help expand our business and support network in Canada as well as assist our U.S. sales team.”  

Trofimov is located in the Toronto area to assist operations in North America with installing Tomra’s broad range of sorting technologies designed to optimize resource recovery. He also will aid companies in leveraging the latest deep-learning-based artificial intelligence (AI) technologies, as well as processing data that can boost recovery rates and material purity.

“Much of industry discussions have focused on the role of digitization and how it can help resource recovery efforts,” Trofimov says. “Tomra has leveraged AI for decades with our optical sorters, and we are advancing the industry by pioneering technologies such as deep learning to solve the industry’s most complex sorting challenges. Tomra sorters extract valuable materials from wood, waste, paper, plastics and metals every day. I look forward to meeting customers, learning the market and helping operations—from big plants to small systems—find the right solution.”

https://www.recyclingtoday.com/news/tomra-sales-manager-americas-sorting-toronto-hire/
Redigert 14.06.2023 kl 23:34 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
13.06.2023 kl 22:36 8199

Bizz Corporation enters the French Fry market in India with its Chillfill brand, invests heavily in TOMRA line solutions

Jun 12, 2023

https://www.potatopro.com/news/2023/bizz-corporation-enters-french-fry-market-india-its-chillfill-brand-invests-heavily-tomra?amp

Bredel hose pump plays an integral role in TOMRA’s sustainable potato peeling solution

Jun 13, 2023

Today, 85% of the world’s French fries are processed by various TOMRA equipment, according to TOMRA, and its range of peeling solutions are used by the likes of Lamb Weston EMEA. Deploying a DPS makes a food processor’s operation more efficient and minimises food waste.

https://www.potatopro.com/news/2023/bredel-hose-pump-plays-integral-role-tomra%E2%80%99s-sustainable-potato-peeling-solution?amp

Pant. Østerrike. Supermarkedkjeden Hofer har allerede tjuvstartet i partnerskap med Tomra, lenge før det nasjonale pantesystemet i Østerrike åpner!

Starting shot for deposit machines

Staff 06/12/2023
With the company Tomra, Hofer has brought the world market leader for reverse vending machines on board, with whom the roll-out is actually implemented. Hofer is proud to be part of a partnership that is bearing fruit: Thanks to efficient reverse vending solutions and state-of-the-art technologies, deposit machines have been set up that are not only easy to use for customers, but have also been explicitly adapted to their wishes and needs. 

https://medianet.at/news/retail/startschuss-fuer-pfandautomaten-54187.html

The world to come? Potensialet er tilsynelatende ubegrenset for Tomra som klar global markedsleder innen 'collection soutions' og 'recycling'...

TOMRA to establish takeaway packaging deposit system in Denmark

The company initially intends to roll out a three-year trial to test out the new scheme.

News June 13, 2023

ustainable technology business TOMRA has been selected to set up a new reuse system to deposit takeaway packaging in the city of Aarhus, Denmark.

The company is carrying out this work in collaboration with the municipality of Aarhus, with a partnership agreement being signed between the two entities.

The system is expected to be established in the city centre of Aarhus and will help the city to gradually transition from single-use packaging to reusable packaging.

TOMRA’s initial plan is to conduct a three-year-long trial for the new reuse system.

During this pilot period, the focus will mainly be on depositing takeaway cups and if successful, it will be expanded to include other types of takeaway packaging.

https://www.packaging-gateway.com/news/tomra-packaging-deposit-system/

Udgivet 12. jun 2023, kl. 13:26

Vil som den første by indføre pant på kaffekopper

Aarhus er klar til at indføre et pantsystem på kaffekopper. 100 ud af 100 er med på idéen, mener ejer af kaffebar - så længe det er bekvemmeligt.

Niels Ettrup Brande

Det kan godt være, at kaffen ikke smager bedre, men måske samvittigheden gør, når din to-go-kaffe snart kan købes i en genbrugskop.

Ambitionen om, at kaffedrikkende aarhusianere kan købe kaffe skænket i en kop, der efterfølgende kan pantes, ser nu ud til at få vinger.

Det skriver kommunen i en pressemeddelelse, hvor de offentliggør et samarbejde med Tomra, der også leverer de tekniske løsninger til pantautomaten, som man kender den fra supermarkedet.

- Vi er begejstrede for at kunne udvikle og teste et pantsystem for takeaway-emballage i Aarhus, der kan facilitere overgangen fra engangs- til genbrugsemballage, siger Geir Sæther, der er underdirektør i Tomra.

https://www.tv2ostjylland.dk/aarhus/vil-som-den-foerste-by-indfoere-pant-paa-kaffekopper
Rect Angel
11.06.2023 kl 17:55 8353

Mens skotter og engelskmenn krangler så filler og kilter fyker og gjensidig skylder på hverandre med den følge at pantesytemet til Skottlands 5 - 6 millioner innbyggere stadig utsettes, kommer det meget gledelige nyheter fra Polen. Polske myndigheter har nå nemlig bestemt at landets knapt 40 millioner innbyggere får sitt pantesytem med oppstart 1.januar 2025!

The government has adopted a project on the deposit-refund system in Poland. When will the new rates come into effect and what will they cover? How much is the maximum deposit?

June 9, 2023, 14:46

Elaborated by:
Maciej Badowski

From January 1, 2025, a deposit-refund system will be introduced for disposable plastic bottles up to 3 liters, reusable glass bottles up to 1.5 liters and metal cans with a capacity of up to 1 liter, we can read on the website of the Ministry of Climate and Environment.

https://nowosci.com.pl/rzad-przyjal-projekt-ws-systemu-kaucyjnego-w-polsce-od-kiedy-zaczna-obowiazywac-nowe-stawki-i-co-obejma-ile-maksymalnie/ar/c3-17610057

Study Peeks Into Consumers’ Bottle Deposit Redemption Habits

A new TOMRA report exploring what consumers expect from bottle deposit programs found people want fast, reliable, easy service and, if they get it, they’re likely to keep dropping off their empty bottles at the same store and spend the cash they redeem on groceries there. So, it seems recycling loyalty fosters shopping loyalty.

Arlene Karidis | Jun 01, 2023

The study surveyed 7,000 consumers in seven European countries with return-to-retail deposit return systems.

https://www.waste360.com/recycling/study-peeks-consumers-bottle-deposit-redemption-habits

Innovative tech in food processing and packing: TOMRA leads the digital charge

on June 6, 2023

Though digital technologies are still young, they are already improving operational efficiencies and have the power to help improve profitability in other ways too. Felix Flemming, Head of Digital at TOMRA Food and Recycling, explains.

https://www.potatonewstoday.com/2023/06/06/innovative-tech-in-food-processing-and-packing-tomra-leads-the-digital-charge/

Fra Tomra, i samarbeid med Infinitum. Smart pantestøvsuger...

https://fagpressenytt.no/artikkel/sparer-til-tre-timer-om-dagen

The company performs demonstrations of the COM XRT 300 /FR Final Recovery sorter

Interest in Tomra Mining's complete diamond recovery solution

Editorial Interempresas 08/06/2023

A key element of Tomra 's complete solution is the COM XRT 300 /FR Final Recovery sorter, which the company has been demonstrating at its Demonstration Centers in Wedel, Germany, and Johannesburg, South Africa. Both centers are especially valuable to diamond operators who have the opportunity to experience first-hand the unique benefits of this revolutionary, compact and easy-to-operate final recovery grader.
During hands-on demos you can see Final Recovery, Sort House and Single Particle Sorting applications with various different size fractions of kimberlite or alluvial ore, and learn about sorter productivity at various feed rates under actual mine conditions. In addition to being simple, the Tomra operator can show how to address all operational requirements on one HMI (Human Machine Interface) panel and demonstrate that it is easy to use.

“The biggest advantage of these demonstrations is that the customer can see first-hand the ultra-high concentrate of diamonds by weight that the grader offers,” explains Corné de Jager, Tomra Mining's director of the diamond segment. “This, in turn, highlights the benefits Tomra offers over manual sorting and how safety conditions are improved. What impresses clients the most is seeing the exceptionally low amount of gangue ejected with diamond concentrate, even in hard-to-classify ultrafine fractions.”

In addition, the company has carried out demonstrations of the COM XRT 300 /FR grader at the Electra Mining Show 2022, carrying out on-going production simulations throughout the exhibition. The grader was fed with fine alluvial ore, with diamond dust tracers and added diamonds. “This live, direct operation attracted a continuous stream of visitors and has generated a large number of inquiries and sales,” says Corné de Jager. “In fact, the CEO of a large diamond-producing company had extensive discussions with Tomra's team on site. In front of the large crowd, he asked us to process 1 kg of alluvial gravel and include 150 diamond scribes and 10 diamonds. The result offered by the classifier was perfect: all 160 tracers and diamonds were ejected, with a minimum amount of mineral particles. The crowd celebrated this result, as the CEO shook hands with our Tomra design specialist.”

A complete and exclusive diamond recovery solution

Tomra is the only manufacturer to offer a complete and whole diamond recovery ecosystem. 

https://www.interempresas.net/Mineria/Articulos/482978-Interes-por-la-solucion-completa-para-la-recuperacion-de-diamantes-de-Tomra-Mining.html
Rect Angel
01.06.2023 kl 20:59 8528

Tyske DER AKTIONÄR er begeistret for joint venturet med Plastretur AS. Det samme er Jyske Bank, får vi vite i denne artikkelen.

Tomra Systems: Exciting deal - get in now?

Today, 15:11 ‧ Michel Doepke

Increasing recycling rates mean that companies are looking for a way into the circular economy. A clear winner of this increasing development is undoubtedly Tomra Systems. The Norwegians now want to contribute their know-how to an exciting joint venture in their Scandinavian homeland.

Together with Plastretur, Tomra Systems wants to set up a sorting plant for plastic packaging. The mechanical engineering company, which is best known for its deposit return machines, will control the majority of the joint venture with 65 percent. Cost point: 32 million euros. The remaining part goes to Plastretur.

The strategic investment is part of Tomra's Feedstock Business Venture, which aims to bridge the plastics recycling gap by leveraging Tomra's core knowledge and technology.

The two companies want to build the plant near Oslo and have it fully operational in the first quarter of 2025. Tomra Systems is targeting a 15 to 20 percent return on investment in the sorting facility, which is expected to have a plastic capacity of 90,000 tons per year.

Buy recommendation confirmed

Meanwhile, after Thursday's report, Jyske Bank reiterated its buy recommendation for Tomra Systems' stock. Analyst Henrik Hallengreen Laustsen puts the fair value at a whopping 235 Norwegian kroner (equivalent to 19.66 euros).

Tomra Systems is one of the big winners from higher recycling rates and the ambition of many countries and corporations to embark on the path towards circular economy. Even if there is no need to enter from a technical point of view, the paper remains promising in the long term. Traders are waiting for a sustained breakout above the 200-day moving average.

https://www.deraktionaer.de/artikel/medien-ittk-technologie/tomra-systems-spannender-deal-jetzt-einsteigen-20332969.html

Enda litt mer om gårsdagens melding om opprettelse av joint venture med Plastretur AS. Her primært sett fra Plastretur AS sitt ståsted. Gjengir her første del av artikkelen.

LOKALE NYHETER TOMRA PLASTRETUR AS PLASTSORTERING

Har fått med stor aktør på laget – starter bygging på Holtskogen i juni

Av Per Uno Blørstad
Publisert: 01.06.23 05:00

Plastretur AS går sammen med det børsnoterte teknologiselskapet Tomra ASA om å eie og drive det nye finsorteringsanlegg for plastemballasje på Holtskogen.

– Dette er starten på en ny æra med utvikling av nye sirkulære løsninger og forretningsmodeller for plast i Norge. Når vi setter spaden i jorda, realiserer vi et nasjonalt grønt skifte, sier Bjarte E. Grostøl som er initiativtaker til sorteringsanlegget i Holtskogen og styreleder i Plastretur.

– Hvorfor har dere gått sammen med Tomra?

– Tomra er kanskje mest kjent for flaskepantautomater i Norge, men internasjonalt er Tomra mest kjent for infrarøde sorteringsmaskiner. Plastretur er i utgangspunktet ikke et sorteringsselskap. Vår ekspertise ligger mer på innsamlingssiden. Den kunnskapsmessige basen for å drive et sorteringsanlegg ligger bedre hos Tomra. Derfor valgte vi å gå i kompaniskap med Tomra som er verdensledende på sorteringsprosesser og sorteringsmaskiner. De skal står for driften, vi står for å få varene inn i anlegget, sier Bjarte E. Grostøl, initiativtaker til sorteringsanlegget på Holtskogen og styreleder i Plastretur.

https://www.smaalenene.no/har-fatt-med-stor-aktor-pa-laget-starter-bygging-pa-holtskogen-i-juni/s/5-38-1379315

Forvalterne i AEGON ASSET MANAGEMENT påpeker at det ikke er enkelt å identifisere gode investeringsobjekter innen biologisk mangfold/biodiversitet nå i den tidlig fasen til dette forretningsområdet, men hevder samtidig at hvis man lykkes med dette, kan man ha utsikter til vekst i flere tiår fremover. Selv hevder forvalterne i AEGON ASSET MANAGEMENT funnet 4 gode investeringsobjekter innen denne kategorien. Tomra er en av disse.

Why investors find it more difficult to deal with the topic of biodiversity than with climate change investments

Energy Recovery, Valmont, Oxford Nanopore and Tomra are early examples of biodiversity investments   

AEGON ASSET MANAGEMENT | 05/31/2023 1:47 p.m

Biodiversity represents an extremely valuable tool to analyze ESG-driven investments. According to Miranda Beacham, Head of ESG - Equity and Multi-Asset at Aegon Asset Management, biodiversity is one side of the green coin and climate change is the other.
Tomra's food department *  uses advanced sorting technology to accurately sort and classify food
Beacham concludes, “The positive investment impact of such activity is easy to see. If we talk about long-term, fundamental opportunities that can transcend uncertainty, then this is a theme that clearly has the potential for multi-decade growth as we need to find ways to better manage the world's most valuable resources.”

https://e-fundresearch.com/newscenter/168-aegon-asset-management/artikel/47948-warum-sich-investoren-beim-thema-biodiversitaet-schwerer-tun-als-bei-klimawandel-anlagen

Tomra Recycling, produktnyhet.

Tomra: Autosort Pulse with dynamic LIBS technology

Tomra Recycling Sorting has introduced a new sorting machine with dynamic Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS).

06/01/2023

Due to its patented LIBS technology, the machine delivers first-class performance in the separation of aluminum scrap. A particular focus is the sorting of scrap from alloy classes 5xxx and 6xxx. 3D object recognition identifies any object regardless of size and surface, while multiple single-point scans enable accurate detection of materials in any condition. Even overlapping and adjacent objects can be precisely separated using the artificial intelligence-based object separation function, thus achieving maximum yields.

Conventional sorting machines such as X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) or standard LIBS technologies have limited ability to achieve industry-level throughputs when sorting aluminum alloys. Several material tests have shown that purities of more than 95% can be achieved with Autosort Pulse.

With a bulk feeder system and a processing capacity of 3 to 7 tons per hour, plant operators can produce large volumes of aluminum scrap that meet industry standards across many applications. Relatively compact in design, the sorting system combines a number of advanced technologies and a conveyor belt so that it can be easily integrated into systems and no additional material conveying and separation equipment needs to be installed.

With Tomra Insight, a cloud-based data platform that is available as an additional feature for Autosort Pulse, processes can be monitored in near real time and the sorting process can be optimized using the data obtained. The data can be called up anywhere and at any time, so that users can identify operational disruptions and maintenance requirements at an early stage and thus have full control over the performance of the sorting system.

Source: Tomra Recycling Solutions

https://www.recyclingmagazin.de/2023/06/01/tomra-autosort-pulse-mit-dynamischer-libs-technologie/
Rect Angel
31.05.2023 kl 10:49 8557

Dagens melding fra Tomra medfører at jeg ser meg pent 'nødt' til å poste meldingen som tilsvar til mitt eget innlegg fra i går kveld. Flott nyhet!

Dette taler for seg selv, og jeg er ikke et sekund i tvil om at Tomra, som global markedsleder innen sorteringsteknologi, ligger helt i front når det gjelder innsikt i hvilken retning storpolitikken peker angående plastavfall og resirkulering. Det være seg innen EU og ellers på kloden.

Konstruksjonen av dette anlegget i Norge er en oppfølger til Tomras pågående arbeid med bygging av et lignende sorteringsanlegg i Tyslland som skal settes i drift i 2024.

Tid 31.05.2023, 07:00:10
MeldingsID 592016
UtstederID TOM

MarkedOslo Børs

TOMRA: TOMRA and Plastretur Sign Joint Venture to Create Norway's First Dedicated Sorting Plant to Enable Circularity of Plastic Packaging

TOMRA has signed an agreement with Plastretur AS, the Norwegian producer responsibility organization responsible for recycling plastic packaging, to create a plastic packaging sorting plant located in Norway. TOMRA will invest 32 MEUR through a joint venture where TOMRA will hold a 65% ownership stake and Plastretur AS will hold a 35% ownership stake.

The strategic investment is part of TOMRA's Feedstock business venture, which seeks to close the gap in plastic recycling by using TOMRA's core knowledge and technology. There is a strong and growing demand for high-quality plastic fractions out of plastic waste, which is typically lost to incineration and landfill today. The plant will accept municipal-sourced separated and mechanically recovered plastics from mixed waste. It will be sorted into high -quality fractions ready to be used in new packaging and other high-quality products.

Plastretur AS will be responsible for sourcing plastic packaging waste as input while TOMRA will be responsible for grading the recovered plastic fractions based on type, and for selling the output material. The new plant will be built near Oslo in Holtskogen Næringspark, Østfold, Norway with a total sorting capacity of 90,000 tons of plastics per year. The plant is scheduled to be fully operational in the first quarter 2025.

The investment will support TOMRA in achieving its vision of leading the resource revolution and delivering on the strategic ambitions presented at the Capital Markets Day in 2022. The capital investment consists primarily of machinery and equipment. TOMRA is targeting profitability levels comparable with the rest of the business and capital return levels of 15-20%.

Asker, 31 May 2023
TOMRA Systems ASA

Eva Sagemo, CFO Tel: +47 934 39 911

Daniel Sundahl, Head of Investor Relations Tel: +47 913 61 899

TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with the design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA provides technology-led solutions that optimize resource use and recovery in the food, recycling, and ore sorting industries. TOMRA has more than 105,000 installations in over 100 markets worldwide and had total revenues of NOK 12.2 billion in 2022. The Group employs 5,000 people globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM). For further information about TOMRA, please visit www.TOMRA.com

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/592016

Tomra og Plastretur satser 600 mill. på å sortere plast

Et nytt plastsamarbeid skal sørge for at Norge når EUs mål om gjenvinning av plastemballasje.

Av Anne Sofie Lid Bergvall - Aftenposten
Oppdatert i dag 07:15

https://e24.no/naeringsliv/i/O8P73w/tomra-og-plastretur-satser-600-mill-paa-aa-sortere-plast
Redigert 31.05.2023 kl 12:02 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
30.05.2023 kl 22:22 8530

Tomra Systems, Carbios and Co: "Plastic pollution is a ticking time bomb"

Today, 07:42 ‧ Michel Doepke

UN negotiations for an international plastics deal have started in Paris with urgent calls for action. "Plastic pollution is everywhere. It knows no borders and poses a global threat to the environment and our health," said the chairman of the International Negotiating Committee, Gustavo Meza-Cuadra Velásquez, on Monday in Paris.

"The challenge is huge, we all know that here, but it's not insurmountable." The problem can only be solved together. A fair and effective, legally binding agreement is needed that guarantees that garbage is only the last resort.

United Nations member states aim to end plastic pollution by 2040. The Paris meeting is the second round of intergovernmental negotiations for such a global agreement. A total of five rounds of negotiations are planned up to 2024.

UN member states as well as non-governmental organisations, scientists and trade unions will take part in the meeting in Paris. Discussions are expected to continue until Friday. Federal Environment Minister Steffi Lemke (Greens) from Germany was in Paris last week for talks to prepare the negotiations.

Chairman Velásquez warned at the beginning: "Our countries, our soil, our water, our air and even our bodies are affected by plastic." French President Emmanuel Macron said in a video message: "Plastic pollution is a ticking time bomb." If we don't act, plastic waste will triple by 2060. You have to change production and consumption and create innovation. Plastic production must decrease, recycling quotas should increase, he demanded. "In the future, all plastic on the market must be fully recyclable."

Focus on recycling

In order to contain the plastic problem, innovative recycling solutions are needed. Tomra Systems, for example, has already established itself on the market - the company is considered the world market leader for reverse vending machines. But smaller companies also want to scale their approaches. Interesting in this context is the French company Carbios , which uses enzymes to try to decompose various types of plastic. The chemical recycler Agilyx is no less exciting .

Global plastic pollution remains a major problem - but it also offers interesting investment opportunities for investors. Among the individual investments, DER AKTIONÄR currently has the titles Tomra, Carbios and Agilyx on the list of recommendations. If you want to cover the topic broadly, you can access the index certificate with the WKN DA0AB3 on the Zero Plastic Index. More information is available here.

https://www.deraktionaer.de/artikel/medien-ittk-technologie/tomra-systems-carbios-und-co-plastikverschmutzung-ist-eine-tickende-zeitbombe-20332824.html
Rect Angel
29.05.2023 kl 17:32 8664

Pant Skottland.

Litt sånn breaking news dette i løpet av pinsen! For nå har skottene omsider endelig fått nødvendig tillatelse og klarsignal fra Westminster til å starte opp sitt pantesystem 1.mars 2024, og slipper således å vente med oppstart til 2025 da resten av UK starter opp.

Skottene misliker imidlertid at de ikke får lov til å inkludere glassflasker som planlagt. Primært fordi glassflasker ikke er med i pantesystemet for resten av UK som skal starte opp i 2025. Regjeringen i London ønsker et samkjørt pantesystem for hele UK. Noe som trolig betyr at heller ikke Wales, som som skottene har vedtatt å inkludere glassflasker i pantesystemet, får lov til å inkludere glass.

Som jeg antydet for en stund siden, i forbindelse med vedtaket om utsettelse av oppstart i Skottland fra august i år til 1.mars 2024, var feelingen at skottenes pantesystem på mange måter kommer til å fungere som 'en pilot' for pantesystemet i hele UK. Og slik ser det nå altså ut til å bli. I seg selv helt sikkert gunstig med henblikk på mest mulig problemfri oppstart i England, Wales og Nord-Irland i 2025.

NEWS POLITICS

UK Government will permit Scottish deposit return scheme – but without glass

Ministers wrote to Humza Yousaf confirming an exemption to permit the scheme to go ahead would be granted, but without glass bottles.

By Katrine Bussey
2 days ago

UK ministers have confirmed Scotland’s deposit return scheme (DRS) can go ahead but have insisted there is “insufficient justification” for glass bottles to be included.

The UK Government said it would grant the necessary exemption from legislation to allow for DRS to be introduced north of the border from March 2024.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/scottish-government-humza-yousaf-drs-uk-government-scottish-b1084125.html
Rect Angel
25.05.2023 kl 22:19 8712

Sortering gruvedrift.

Så sent som 20.april kunne man lese at Tomra Mining hadde gjort litt av et kupp i Western Australia ettersom Tomras teknologi ble valgt til å rigge verdens største sorteringsanlegg for lithium (se innlegg 20.04.2023 kl 14:16 her på tråden om dette). Tomra har ikke for vane å gå i detaljer om enkeltkontrakter, men akkurat denne kontrakten benyttet CEO Tove Andersen anledningen til å fremheve under Q1 2023 presentasjonen selv om den altså først ble offentliggjort nå i Q2.

Nå åpner Tomra Mining ny filial med testsenter i nettopp Western Australia. Nærmere bestemt i Perth.

News

TOMRA Mining opens new Perth office

ALEXANDRA EASTWOOD 14 hours ago

TOMRA Mining has invested in its operations in Australia to meet the rising demand for sensor-based sorting and be close to customers on the West Coast by opening a second office in Perth.

The company has also appointed Jordan Rutledge as new sales manager based at the new location, and has extended its local support and service team. The company also supports its Australian customers with its well-established office and test centre in Sydney.

TOMRA Mining has a well-established presence in Australia with installations operating in a variety of applications including lithium, industrial minerals, polymetallics and gemstones.

It has operated  in the country since the 1990s when Ultrasort entered the market, before being acquired by TOMRA in 2009. Over the years, its business has grown in response to the evolution in the industry.

“The diamond, lithium, tin, tungsten, battery and strategic minerals sectors, as well as other progressive sectors that are open to new technology, have driven sensor-based sorting into the main mining process flow and design,” TOMRA technical manager Gavin Rech said.

“The focus on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and on reducing energy consumption has further contributed to this trend.”

Rutledge brings to the team her extensive experience and know-how. Having completed degrees in materials and metallurgical engineering from the Colorado School of Mines, as well as programs in Europe and China, she has spent her career in the mining industry focusing on mineral processing.

Rutledge has worked on projects in North and South America, Asia, Europe, Africa and Australia. In the last four years, she has focused on North American projects for TOMRA Mining.

“Western Australia is the heart of the mining industry in Australia, and with the uptake of sensor-based sorting in the sector we are seeing a fast-growing demand for our technology,” Rutledge said.

“We have a large number of projects and investment going into sensor-based sorting, and we are gearing up for many more opportunities, particularly in the battery metals space, with the unique solutions that we can provide lithium mining operations. With the new office in Perth, we can be on the ground and visiting our customers on the West Coast very quickly, as they are just a short drive or flight away.”

TOMRA Mining has also set up a dedicated team based at the new Perth office.

Sales has been joined by project coordinator Gianni Mazzella, who runs TOMRA Mining large-scale projects. Also on the team is Adriaan Olivier, service and project manager APAC, who has been supporting TOMRA customers in South Africa and Sydney for the past five years, as well as two service engineers – with two more to come later in the year.

The team will be working closely with the Sydney office and Test Center, with the backing of TOMRA’s global support structure.

“We identified a need to invest further in all the opportunities on the West Coast of Australia and to be closer to our customers in the area. This will facilitate the kind of close collaboration that is the hallmark of TOMRA Mining,” Rutledge said.

https://www.australianmining.com.au/tomra-mining-opens-new-perth-office/
Redigert 25.05.2023 kl 22:20 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
24.05.2023 kl 22:39 8796

Portugal. Avfallshåndtering/Resirkulering.

TOMRA, AMARSUL's key ally towards sustainability

The relationship between TOMRA and AMARSUL is well established and their level of cooperation is excellent with a view to optimizing their production and achieving recycling targets.

24-05-2023

Portugal is a very advanced country in terms of regulations governing waste management, although many of the plants still have a lot of work to do. But in the Lisbon region we find an oasis: the Portuguese company AMARSUL , which with 26 years of history is today responsible for the treatment and recovery of urban waste in the nine municipalities of the Setúbal peninsula. In 2022, the company treated 461,000 tons of waste, having recovered 45,000 tons of recyclables.

AMARSUL has been working side by side with the TOMRA team since 2009 , which has allowed it to have one of the most advanced processes in the country. Today it has 8 AUTOSORT® equipment, two of them with SHARP EYETM technology. The new equipment was installed in 2019 at its Palmela Urban Waste Mechanical Treatment Plant, which has a capacity of about 94,000 tons/year of waste, and in 2020 at its Seixal Automatic Packaging Sorting Plant , which It has a treatment capacity of 12 thousand tons/year. 
The success of this solution is assured. And as Ana Teresa Henriques concludes: “The incorporation of the latest TOMRA technology helps us comply with the legislation, optimize processes and obtain greater efficiency. In addition to identifying, in real time, the needs. Because, even if we work hard and in the right way, the results may not take the leap we need. Hence the improvement in procedures, technologies and equipment. With TOMRA everything has been very easy, since they have accompanied us in all stages of the process, making available to us a professional local technical team that is at our disposal to answer any questions. In short, our relationship with TOMRA has always been a win-win, because they have developed new solutions and presented alternatives, showing themselves as an exceptional and cooperative partner to achieve common goals.” 

https://www.retema.es/actualidad/tomra-el-aliado-clave-de-amarsul-hacia-la-sostenibilidad
Rect Angel
22.05.2023 kl 21:09 8865

Skottene sliter som kjent med å komme i gang med sitt pantesystem. Ny planlagt oppstartdato er nå altså 1.mars 2024, men sterke krefter, ikke minst sør for grensen, ønsker ytterligere utsettelse til 2025 da det er bestemt at også resten av UK (England, Wales og Nord-Irland) skal starte opp sitt pantesystem. Man kan bare følge med og se hva som skjer.

At Tomra satser hardt i UK og Irland, er det imidlertid ingen tvil om. Og for Tomras del innebærer nok ikke utsettelse(r) i Skottland at Tomra går glipp av inntekter, men snarere at inntekter eventuelt skyves frem i tid. Her et relativt dyptpløyende intervju med Tomras nyansatte sjef i Collection Solutions UK og Irland, Ryan Buzzell (se mer om Buzzells bakgrunn i forrige innlegg her på tråden). I intervjuet forteller Buzzell, blant mye annet, at Tomra allerede har inngått partnerskap med supermarkedkjeder som Aldi, Lidl m.fl. og allerede har installert nesten 100 pantemaskiner hos disse.

Associate Feature: Message in a bottle

by Staff Reporter
22 May 2023

https://www.holyrood.com/news/view,associate-feature-message-in-a-bottle
Redigert 22.05.2023 kl 21:23 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
21.05.2023 kl 21:55 8849

Reverse vending machine supplier hires new managing director

Firm to recruit more staff and expand Scottish operations ahead of expected Deposit Return Scheme demand

By Peter A Walker Content Editor
09:33, 19 MAY 2023

https://www.insider.co.uk/appointments/reverse-vending-machine-supplier-hires-30019809

How modern sorting, grading and packing solutions are making tomato packhouses more competitive

By Staff Reporter
May 19, 2023
For many years now, the standard-setter in optical sorting and grading technologies for the food industry has been TOMRA Food. In the last five years, TOMRA has broadened its offering by acquiring two innovative New Zealand-based companies, BBC Technologies and Compac, so it is now the leading provider of integrated post-harvest-to-pack solutions. These take care of everything from tipping the fruit onto the line to packing it at the other end, and are well-suited to tomatoes. Because these solutions are modular and scalable, they can be tailored to businesses of all sizes. And because of TOMRA’s control software, they can be switched from one tomato variety to another with unrivaled ease and speed.

https://farmersreviewafrica.com/how-modern-sorting-grading-and-packing-solutions-are-making-tomato-packhouses-more-competitive/

Redigert 22.05.2023 kl 11:43 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
18.05.2023 kl 22:07 9020

Svenske EFN Marknad feiret 17.mai med en Norgesspecial. Video. Marie Karlsson, forvaltningssjef for nordiske aksjefond hos Nordea, anbefaler Tomra. Fra 4:30 til 8:10 i video'en.

https://efn.se/poster/efn-marknad-17-maj-2023

Gruvedrift. Australia. Tinn. Les hva kunden/partneren her har å si om Tomra. Nok et eksempel på hva Tomra får til med sin overlegne teknologi innen en rekke forretningsområder. Utrolig imponerende, og ikke minst viktig: UTROLIG LØNNSOMT FOR KUNDEN/PARTNEREN. Og her ligger nok Tomras store styrke, for følelsen er definitivt at Tomra tilbyr teknologi, produkter og påfølgende support som fører til at de kundene/partnerne Tomra får, de beholder man.

Importance of the Tallebung Tin Project to the renewable energy market

Critical Raw Materials
17th May 2023

Tin is a valuable and steadfast component in a range of applications. Sky Metals tells us how the company is answering the demands of the renewable energy market through its Tallebung Tin Project.

Sky Metals Limited (ASX: SKY) is an ASX-listed public company focused on developing and exploring mineral resources in Australia. The company’s project portfolio offers important exposure to the tin market.

Tin is a vital component in the manufacturing of new, renewable energy applications and is used predominantly for soldering. As such, prices and demand for this versatile metal are increasing, leading to challenges in supply and the need to diversify sources from unstable regions.
An ever-growing market

Despite underinvestment in tin exploration over the past 30 years, the market has recently seen rapid price growth due to soaring demand for modern applications integral to the green energy transition. According to the Rio Tinto Ventures Group, tin is set to be the ‘metal most impacted by future technologies.’

The majority of the tin supply currently comes from China and Indonesia. Australia currently supplies around 2-3%, only a tiny fraction of the global supply.
Oliver Davies, CEO of Sky Metals Limited, commented: “This maiden MRE and exploration target demonstrate the large scale of the tin mineralisation at Tallebung. This, in combination with the more than tripling of grade achieved with the upfront TOMRA XRT ore sorting, shows what an excellent opportunity SKY is developing at Tallebung. SKY has also shown that tin mineralisation is very amenable to simple and cost-effective gravity concentration to a saleable +60% tin concentrate. It is exciting to consider that this resource and exploration target remain open along strike and down dip. This Maiden Mineral Resource Estimate is only limited by the drilling completed so far. SKY will aim to grow this resource even further with additional drilling over the coming months.”

TOMRA ore sorting can be applied to this ore and has shown that the grade can be at least tripled to over 0.5% tin, with over 98% recovery of tin. Estimates are open along strike and down dip showing strong potential for significant increases in this maiden resource estimate, with further drilling at Tallebung.

Mining history of the Tallebung tin mining field

The project is centred on the historic Tallebung tin field, where numerous phases of mining activity have occurred over more than 100 years since its discovery in the 1890s. This activity targeted the high-grade quartz lodes and the alluvial/colluvial material with an estimated historical production of 3,350 tonnes of tin concentrate. SKY is now targeting the bulk tonnage tin mineralisation underlying these historic mining areas.

Due to past mining activities at Tallebung, much of the costly infrastructure required for a mining operation is already in place. This includes powerlines, all-weather haul roads to and within the site and an established water supply. Combined, these will provide a solid start to future mining operations.

Sustainability

SKY aims to be an industry leader in ethical and sustainable mining practices. The Tallebung tin mineralisation is hosted in quartz-cassiterite veining within a predominately homogeneous sequence of less than 1m thick interbeds of sand and siltstones, which have formed into tight isoclinal folds. Within veining at Tallebung, the tin mineralisation occurs as cassiterite and is present as significant, often 5-10mm wide ‘nuggets'.

The saleable tin concentrate can easily be produced from the Tallebung ore, given the nuggety cassiterite host of the tin mineralisation. The coarse liberation size of the cassiterite means that it does not require large amounts of energy to crush and grind. TOMRA ore sorting technology and gravity concentration methods work exceptionally well to save significant amounts of power and water in the processing plant.

The TOMRA ore sorting process at Tallebung requires no water or chemicals and reduces the total mass for further processing by at least 60-70%. In addition, this technology significantly reduces water use by a similar 60-70% during processing. Additional work is planned to use the rejected 60-70% of the mass from the ore sorting as barren waste material for sheeting roads and other construction projects.

In addition to the ore sorting benefits, the gravity processing method to concentrate the tin at Tallebung only uses water recycled through the plant. This further reduces water requirements and avoids using large quantities of chemicals required by other tin concentration processing methods.

The uniquely simple and cost-effective processing in Tallebung makes it a likely leader in producing sustainable tin

https://www.innovationnewsnetwork.com/importance-of-tallebung-tin-project-to-renewable-energy-market/32909/
Rect Angel
16.05.2023 kl 15:10 9063

Tomra-ledelsen kjøpte aksjer i går, til kurs 170.80 NOK.

CEO Tove Andersen kjøpte hele 11 157 aksjer, for en kjøpesum på 1.91 millioner NOK. Også toppsjefene i selskapets tre divisjoner, henholdsvis Recycling, Collection Solutions/pant og Food (Rehrman, Henriksen og Picandet) forsynte seg godt, som man kan lese i meldingen.

Det er vel god grunn til å tro at det er nettopp disse fire som har det aller beste innsynet i selskapets pipeline.

TOMRA: Share purchase program for employees – Mandatory notification of trade

MON, MAY 15, 2023 22:31 CETReport this content

As part of TOMRA's share purchase program for employees, approved by the Annual General Meeting on 27 April 2023, TOMRA has sold 233,438 treasury shares to employees at a price equal to the closing market share price on Friday 12 May, i.e. NOK 170.80.

Employees who keep their shares for one year will receive one share per five shares invested. Employees who have previously participated in the share purchase program have today been allotted 52,747 shares.

After these transactions TOMRA holds 513,815 treasury shares.

In connection with the share purchases program, the following PDMR transactions have been made:

Name Number of shares New shareholding

Tove Andersen 11,157 23,929

Eva Sagemo 1,259 4,853

Volker Rehrmann 5,046 33,104

Harald Henriksen 3,864 91,230

Michel Picandet 5,539 14,587

Lars Kversøy Enge 1,463 2,925

Stefan Schrahe 2,861 2,861

Alexander Verlo 293 421

Fátima Sani 293 293

The disclosure details are attached to this press release.

Asker, 15 May 2023
TOMRA Systems ASA

Eva Sagemo, CFO
Tel: +47 934 39 911

Tel: +47 913 61 899

TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with the design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA provides technology-led solutions that optimize resource use and recovery in the food, recycling, and ore sorting industries.

TOMRA has more than 100,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of NOK 12.2 billion in 2022. The Group employs 5,000 people globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM). For further information about TOMRA, please visit www.TOMRA.com

https://news.cision.com/tomra-systems-asa/r/tomra--share-purchase-program-for-employees---mandatory-notification-of-trade,c3770137
Redigert 16.05.2023 kl 19:00 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
15.05.2023 kl 23:38 9178

Her et debattinnlegg fra TU hvor artikkelforfatter fremhever Tomra som eksempel på en vinner som allerede har lyktes fordi Tomra oppfyller kriterier som ifølge artikkelforfatter kommer til å være helt nødvendige for å lykkes innen fremtidsrettet forretningsvirksomhet.

Spesifikt når det gjelder Tomra: Tomra ER sirkulær økonomi! Tomra driver utelukkende forretningsvirksomhet innen megatrender og innehar teknologi som er globalt markedsledende innen alt man driver med.

Gjengir her kun innledningen til dette debattinnlegget fra TU, men dette er ikke gjemt bak betalingsmur. Så den som vil lese det i sin helhet, trenger kun å åpne linken under.

KLIMA

Hver eneste bedrift må sette seg mål som forteller om vi beveger oss i riktig retning

Skal planeten fortsatt være levelig og menneskene ha liv som er verdt å leve, må hver eneste bedrift sette mål som forteller om vi beveger oss lønnsomt i riktig retning.

Geir Stene, seniorkonsulent og sertifisert innovasjonsleder i Miles

15. mai 2023 - 13:46

Klimaendringer, krig og en verdensøkonomi i ulage. Tre mega-trender som får konsekvenser for oss alle. Er det like greit å stikke hodet i sanden og håpe at all usikkerheten blåser over? Eller tvinger de store endringene bedriftseiere og bedriftsledere til å tenke nytt om hvordan de skal drive virksomhet og skape forretning? Og må også våre politikere etter hvert ta inn over seg at forutsetningene for å sikre vår felles velferd i morgen ikke er de samme som de var i går? Næringslivsledere etterspør faktisk politisk styring innenfor de enorme utfordringene vi står overfor.

Tomra klarte det

I kriser er det naturlige å trekke seg tilbake og forsøke å begrense skade snarest mulig. Men alle vet at dersom man er på et skip ute i storm, er det verste man kan gjøre å søke mot kysten. Mega-trendene utfordrer oss alle til å tenke og handle som en erfaren sjøkaptein. Men hva pokker gjør vi ute på «havet»?

Mens tomgods fra drikkevarer skaper søppelberg verden over, har Tomra lykkes med å få oss nordmenn til å oppsøke panteautomatene og resirkulere 97 prosent. Tomra eksporterer også
konseptene ut i verden.

https://www.tu.no/artikler/hver-eneste-bedrift-ma-sette-seg-mal-som-forteller-om-vi-beveger-oss-i-riktig-retning/530864
Redigert 16.05.2023 kl 15:48 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
14.05.2023 kl 20:30 9243

TOMRA Food launches in Chile the TOMRA 5X for stone detection in fresh and frozen cherries, something that no other technology can do

By Innova Portal | Digital Press Group

May 11, 2023

TOMRA has launched in Chile the TOMRA 5X , a highly efficient machine equipped with an X-Ray sensor that allows the detection of cherry pits. It is a technological advance, developed by TOMRA Food that solves the problem of frozen fruit processors. In addition, this equipment allows the detection and elimination of products with complex internal defects in cherries, as well as high-density foreign bodies. This new product comes at an ideal time for the highly competitive situation of the sector in Chile, which is focused on recovering the level of exports from before the pandemic.

https://portalinnova.cl/tomra-food-lanza-en-chile-la-tomra-5x-para-la-deteccion-de-carozo-en-cerezas-frescas-y-congeladas-algo-que-ninguna-otra-tecnologia-puede-hacer/

Feelgood story fra DK. 70 Tomra R1 i DK til nå. Og om ikke lenge er flere store, tyske supermarkedkjeder ferdige med piloter som har vart et halvt års tid, og skal evaluere Tomra R1...

Købmand satser stort på tomme flasker: Slut med klistrede fingre

Købmandsbutik i landsby har fået topmoderne automat til at modtage returemballage

Søren Østergaard
12. maj 2023 kl. 14:31
Opdateret kl. 14:59

Mødet med en pantautomat kræver som regel tålmodighed og en grundig håndvask bagefter. Sådan er det ikke længere hos købmand Lars Jensen hos Spar i Valsgaard. Dagligvarebutikken er den første i miles omkreds, der får en topmoderne flaskeautomat.

Fredag blev vindunderet sat i drift. Der er tale om en norskproduceret Tomra R1, og den gør det angiveligt fem gange så hurtigt for kunderne at aflevere returpant. 

https://ligeher.nu/himmerland/nyheder/shopping/koebmand-satser-stort-paa-tomme-flasker-slut-med-klistrede-fingre/4381699

Skottland. Diskusjon pågår. Også i resten av UK (England, Wales og Nord-Irland). Glassflasker med i pantesystemet eller ei?

Glass should stay in Scottish DRS, 8 out of 10 Scots say

Environment and Energy, Collection and Transport, Legislation and Regulation, Scotland

12th May 2023

A new poll, commissioned by the international campaign group Nature 2030, suggests eight out of ten people in Scotland want glass to remain in a deposit return scheme (DRS).

Survation polled 1,009 members of the Scottish public aged 18 and over between 27 April – 3 May 2023.

The survey follows Scotland’s First Minister Humza Yousaf announcing in April that the country’s DRS was delayed to 1 March 2024 rather than August this year.

Over three-quarters of respondents told the survey that glass bottles should also be added to the DRSs in England and Northern Ireland. The schemes planned for Wales and Scotland are already set to include glass. 

According to a previous poll by Nature 2030 in January, there is “strong support” from 75% of Britons to include glass bottles in the government’s proposed DRSs in England & Northern Ireland.

Dominic Dyer, Chair, Nature 2030, commented: “It’s clear that the British population want to see glass included in the four nation’s DRS plans and the planet needs it.

“Until now, Scotland has been an outlier within the UK, a model to replicate. The delay brings cause for concern that Scotland will be dragged back into an English model of DRS that fails to protect nature and fails to satisfy the demands of the public.

“Scotland must continue to lead the way on recycling.”

https://www.circularonline.co.uk/news/glass-should-be-in-drs-for-all-uk-nations-8-out-of-10-scots-say/
Rect Angel
04.05.2023 kl 23:01 6020

Dette er hva jeg vil kalle 'top pick' når det gjelder nyheter om et selskap man er investert i.

Nestlé er jo ingen hvem som helst, og Nestlé valgte altså Tomra etter også å ha testet ut hva Tomras konkurrenter hadde å tilby. Les bare selv her hva Nestle sier om Tomra Foods teknologi og support. Enjoy.

TOMRA Food’s smart sort technology is best for protecting food safety

By Staff Reporter
May 4, 2023
The goal – continuous improvement

In 2014 at their Nonnweiler, Germany pizza factory, Nestlé dedicated space for a temporary installation and invited a handful of sorting companies to prove their machines’ capabilities – allowing them to run product samples for a couple of weeks.

After extensive testing, research, and validation, Nestlé decided the TOMRA sorter met their needs best and cited the Smart Sort technology as the deciding factor.

“TOMRA Food stood out here with their ability to identify good products and not only remove the defects. The other machines had a longer material setup process but could only identify defects. With the Nimbus, we could train the machine which imperfections to reject while also teaching the machine what desirable products looked like”. Will Hutson, Quality Manager Nestlé R&D.

Optical sorting is vital for product safety

In layman’s terms, the quality check process involves taking the raw material out of totes or cases, putting it through a series of inspections, and then putting it back in totes after it has been determined it is safe and desirable.

The first two examinations see the toppings pass through a bulk X-ray machine and then over a magnet to remove any remaining metals. The final check sees the remaining good materials travel through the TOMRA optical sorter before finally returning to the totes.

“One of the key strategic advantages of this technology is the ability to segregate material defects across an entire batch, and use this data as an input to supplier performance. The ability to partner with your suppliers and provide this type of feedback drives the continuous improvement cycle, ultimately increasing overall consumer satisfaction.” Adam Weber, Senior Expert Supplier Quality Management, Nestlé R&D.

Food trends continually change and stress the importance of an operation’s capacity to adapt quickly. Being agile and evolving to meet the customers’ desires for higher-quality products makes a world of difference. Employing TOMRA sorters has positively impacted Nestlé’s procedure, adding an invaluable point in the process to reduce the risk of foreign matter ending up in the final product for higher quality products makes a world of difference. Employing TOMRA sorters has positively impacted Nestlé’s procedure, adding an invaluable point in the process to reduce the risk of foreign matter ending up in the final product.

95,000 lbs in a one-shift operation

With their TOMRA Nimbus, Nestlé processes around 15 million pounds of raw material here at the Solon, Ohio facility in a year, where they distribute toppings to three other production locations around the United States. The machine’s robust capabilities allow production lines to continue running the highest volumes while also rendering data that allows them to notify suppliers of product quality trends earlier in the supply chain. “Based on our previous equipment testing and the growing relationship, Nestlé trusted TOMRA’s experience and equipment and remains confident in our partnership. The equipment’s quality and reliability minimized the need for support or interaction. After the initial commissioning and training by TOMRA, the local team has been able to operate the unit independently. They’ve barely had to interact with it, except to change a program or recipe to accommodate the different incoming frozen veggies being screened, and that speaks volumes.” Will Hutson, Quality Manager, Nestlé R&D .

Who wants another slice?

Nestlé utilizes TOMRA optical sorters for their Frozen Food operations at Solon (United States) and at their Nonnweiler facility in Germany. A corporate recommendation and Nestlé’s commitment to food quality & safety led to the discovery and implementation of TOMRA sorters. Their dedication to continuous process improvement and offering their customers the highest quality product keeps bringing them back for more. .

https://farmersreviewafrica.com/nestles-pizza-brands-find-that-tomra-foods-smart-sort-technology-is-best-for-protecting-food-safety/
Redigert 05.05.2023 kl 11:18 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
03.05.2023 kl 21:47 6116

Gjennombrudd når det gjelder industriell resirkulering av sammensatt plastemballasje!

Melding fra BASF.

Prosjektpartnerne er BASF, Krones, Südpack og Tomra. At vi her snakker gedigent potensial, er neppe noen overdrivelse.

TRADE PRESS  |  3rd. May 2023

Joint press information:

Cooperation project shows: Multi-layer packaging can be separated and recycled on an industrial scale

* Cooperation project provides Proof of Concept for closed recycling cycle PET-based multi-layer packaging

* Recycling process can be implemented directly in existing plant infrastructure

* Requirements for recyclability of packaging according to the Packaging and Packaging Waste Regulation (PPWR ) can also be met for multi-layer packaging

Multi-layer films are used for a wide variety of packaging materials, especially in the food sector. According to the requirements of the European Green Deal, packaging must be recycled to a large extent by 2030. The details will be regulated in the Packaging and Packaging Waste Regulation ( PPWR ), the draft of which was presented in November 2022. However, recycling multi-layer films has so far been difficult due to the use of different materials.

As part of a cooperation project, the companies BASF, Krones, SÜDPACK and TOMRA have now shown that PET / PE multilayer packaging can be separated into individual substances and fed back into the material cycle as raw materials. Already during the first industrial experiment, the partners in a pilot plant near Krones in Flensburg managed to completely separate 69 percent of the PET / PE components and partially separate them by twelve percent. The special thing about the approach is that recycling of the multi-layer packaging in the existing infrastructure is possible.

Basis of success: partnership of everyone involved in the value chain

The decisive factor for the success of the project team was the interaction of the partners BASF, Krones, SÜDPACK and TOMRA, who bundled their know-how to close the cycle.

The project started in early 2021 when TOMRA carried out the first sorting tests on PET / PE trays. These trays were previously manufactured by SÜDPACK using BASF's „ Debonding adhesive “. SÜDPACK's leading manufacturer of high-tech packaging films for the food, non-food and medical goods industries aims to become a zero-waste company. „ As part of the joint project, we bring in our many years of expertise in the field of lamination. Thanks to our special know-how in water-based lamination, we are able to produce multilayer films that can be separated by basic hot washing processes “, says Carolin Grimbacher, who is responsible for R&D at SÜDPACK as managing partner.

In order to enable a closed material cycle, the multilayer films to be recycled had to be sorted out from the remaining waste stream beforehand. The central success factor for this is the ability of AUTOSORTTM-Technology from TOMRA to separate the recyclable PET / PE trays from non-recyclable trays. „ We succeeded with our NIR technology. This enables PET multilayer trays containing the BASF adhesive to be recognized so that we can then pull them out of the waste stream and recycle them “, says David Rüßmann, Manager Special Projects.

In July 2022, Krones, as a provider of plastic recycling systems, came on board the project team. Experiments were carried out on a company pilot plant to separate PET and PE from the composite films on an industrial scale. A hot washing process common for PET recycling was used. The materials could be successfully separated. This means that PET and PE can be recycled in a single variety. „ In our system we have demonstrated that the delamination of multilayer films works, whereby the separation of the foils can be increased by optimizing individual process parameters and, for example, the particle size of the flakes “, explains Thore Lucks, Head of Technology Recycling Solutions at Krones.

The basis for the separability of the film components PET / PE are specially developed adhesives that are used when laminating multilayer films in order to combine different functional materials. It is important that the lamination adhesive adheres very well if necessary, but allows the two foils to be separated as easily as possible during recycling. „ With our water-based epotal®-Foods have already achieved very good results in the laboratory when cutting multi-layer packaging. We consider it a great success that we were able to completely separate 69 percent of the packaging on the first industrial experiment. This can certainly be further expanded by optimizing our debonding adhesive system “, explains Kresimir Cule, Commercial Marketing Industrial Adhesives, BASF SE.

Outlook: Further development of the lamination adhesive used

The project is currently being continued. By adapting various process parameters in the recycling process and by further developing the laminating adhesive used, the project participants see opportunities to further increase the recycling rate of plastics. There is also a special focus on the quality of the recyclate. The aim is to use the PET again for the production of food packaging. The PE fraction is also to be used as a raw material for new packaging in the non-food sector. Studies on this will follow shortly.

https://www.basf.com/global/de/media/news-releases/2023/05/p-23-202.html

https://m.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/BASF-SE-6443227/news/Joint-News-Release-Collaboration-project-shows-multi-layer-packaging-can-be-separated-and-recycle-43725212/

EQUIPMENT SPOTLIGHT | MAY 2023 SORTING SYSTEMS

Published in the May 2023 Edition of American Recycler News
The TOMRA Autosort™ features an ultra-compact design with a versatile sensor-based configuration that can be used across a vast range of material sorting applications – including single stream, municipal solid waste, and commercial & industrial waste. “Compact, highly flexible and upgradable, Autosort brings together the industry’s broadest range of sensors, which can help mitigate feedstock supply and quality challenges. Using data to classify objects, the machine is capable of separating materials which are difficult, or even impossible to separate using conventional technologies,” said Ty Rhoad, regional director, Americas.

TOMRA’s Sharp Eye technology increases the light efficiency while maintaining the same energy consumption to enhance sorting sharpness and improves the separation of difficult to target fractions. Autosort also features TOMRA’s unique and patented advanced flying beam technology, which delivers enhanced light signal efficiency for improved detection at low operating costs. The integration of sharp eye and flying beam technology allows Autosort to consistently deliver high performance in terms of sorting accuracy across all target fractions – even in the most complex of applications.

Optional technologies include deep laiser, noted for its compactness and flexible range of uses. Its object recognition enables a deeper sorting sharpness to significantly improve the performance of the sorting process. It detects previously undetectable objects like black polymers and glass. Also available, GAIN uses a deep, learning-based sensor to classify objects and sort previously hard-to-sort objects. It resolves complex sorting tasks and achieves high purity levels without compromising throughput speed.

TOMRA Recycling designs and manufactures sensor-based sorting technologies for the global recycling and waste management industry. Over 8,200 systems have been installed in more than 100 countries worldwide.

https://americanrecycler.com/8568759/index.php/news/107-feature-articles/equipment-spotlight/5671-equipment-spotlight-may-2023-sorting-systems

TOMRA Food shares its specialized knowledge at WAC 2023 ( World Waterfall Congress )

EDITOR  PRODUCTS  
MAY 03, 2023

https://www.foodnewslatam.com/productos/65-agricultura/13590-omra-food-comparte-sus-conocimientos-especializados-en-el-wac-2023-congreso-mundial-del-aguacate.html

This technology predicts how the tomato you will eat in your salad will grow

Smart horticulture is here to stay, as it combines technology and human experience for higher quality crops with less environmental impact.

May 02, 2023 | 18:01 pm hrs

GreenTech Americas is the most important international protected horticulture event in the sector and this year it was held in Mexico, specifically in the city of Querétaro.

At the event we were able to learn about a range of technological solutions to increase the production and value of crops but always focused on sustainability.

GreenTech Americas brought together 5,207 professionals from the sector, exhibited more than 200 national and international companies dedicated to protected horticulture, including the New Zealand company WayBeyond, as well as TOMRA Food and Bluelab through their distributors in Mexico; Bumpercrop participated as a visitor in this event.

https://www.elfinanciero.com.mx/opinion/tecnologia-desde-el-otro-lado-del-mundo/2023/05/02/esta-tecnologia-predice-como-crecera-el-tomate-que-comeras-en-tu-ensalada/
Redigert 03.05.2023 kl 22:48 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
28.04.2023 kl 14:24 6297

Som langsiktig her, er jeg (selvsagt) meget godt fornøyd med dagens Q1 2023 presentasjon. Har også nettopp sett webcasten. Investeringene man som globalt markedsledende gjør med henblikk på å ta del i den sterke veksten som venter innen selskapets forretningsområder fremover, samt etablering av en potensiell ny divisjon innen selskspsvirksomheten (Tomra Horizon), har jeg ingen problemer med. Når det gjelder lønnsomheten innen pantesystemer/Collection Solutions, rapporterer man at man i løpet av 2023 vil ha jobbet seg gjennom og ut av alle rammeavtaler som var inngått før de store problemene innen forsyningskjedene globalt og den sterke inflasjonen, også globalt, inntraff. Utsiktene innen pant/Collection Solutions peker således mot sukssesivt økt lønnsomhet.

Konklusjon: Stor optimist. Her blir det ikke mindre moro å følge nyhetsstrømmen fremover. Tvert imot. God helg ønskes for de som følger det som postes her på tråden.

TOMRA: Strong growth across all divisions in the first quarter 2023

FRI, APR 28, 2023 07:00 CETReport this content

TOMRA, the global leader in resource productivity solutions, has announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2023. The company continued to deliver strong growth, with revenues of 3,239 MNOK, representing a 29% increase from the same period last year. When adjusting for currency, revenues were up 17% for TOMRA Group, with strong growth across all divisions: Collection, Recycling, and Food.

Highlights 1Q 2023:

(all growth figures are adjusted for currency)

Revenues amounted to 3,239 MNOK, up 17% from the first quarter last year

Revenue growth of 18% in Collection, 15% in Recycling, and 15% in Food

Gross margin was 40%, in line with the margin in the first quarter 2022

Operating expenses amounted to 1,027 MNOK, in line with the previous quarter when adjusted for currency

EBITA was 277 MNOK, down 8% compared to last year, mainly as a result of business expansion

Strong cash flow from operations of 509 MNOK, compared to 166 MNOK in the first quarter 2022

Significant increase in Recycling’s order backlog of 30%

Tove Andersen, President and CEO of TOMRA Systems ASA commented:

“I am very pleased with the progress we are making on our strategic ambitions in TOMRA in the first quarter. We have a plan to accelerate growth and continue to see strong revenue growth materializing across all our divisions: Collection, Recycling, and Food. Our efforts to mitigate the effects of inflation and supply chain disruptions in order to improve gross margins are paying off. We have recuperated margins in Recycling and Food and see continued improvement in Collection.”

“We deliver an EBITA of 277 MNOK, up 17% from the first quarter 2022. However, as we have been scaling up our business over the past year to capture growth opportunities that lie ahead of us, EBITA has fallen 8% compared to the first quarter 2022 when adjusting for currency movements. Profitability is a priority for us, and we are confident that the organization we now have built will deliver on our profitability target as the business continues to grow.”

“Looking ahead, we are optimistic about the long-term demand for better resource productivity, which is driven by megatrends such as population increase, a growing middle-class consumer base, greater urbanization, and hence the need for increased focus on sustainability and climate change. With the technology we provide, TOMRA is well-positioned to help society meet the challenges that follow by transforming how we obtain, use and reuse our world’s resources.”

Webcast:

President & CEO Tove Andersen and CFO Eva Sagemo will present the results today at 08:00 CEST. The presentation will be sent via live webcast. Questions to the speakers can be directed using the Q&A-tool embedded in the webcast and will be addressed towards the end of the presentation. A recorded version of the webcast will be available shortly after the webcast has concluded. Link to the webcast: https://channel.royalcast.com/landingpage/hegnarmedia/20230428_9/

Asker, 28 April 2023

TOMRA Systems ASA

Eva Sagemo, CFO
Tel: +47 934 39 911

Tel: +47 913 61 899

TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with the design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA provides technology-led solutions that optimize resource use and recovery in the food, recycling, and ore sorting industries.

TOMRA has more than 100,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of NOK 12.2 billion in 2022. The Group employs 5,000 people globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM). For further information about TOMRA, please visit www.TOMRA.com

This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.

https://news.cision.com/tomra-systems-asa/r/tomra-strong-growth-across-all-divisions-in-the-first-quarter-2023,c3760363

TOMRA: Strong growth across all divisions in the first quarter 2023

28.4.2023 07:01 • Oslo Børs •

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/588897
Redigert 29.04.2023 kl 02:49 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
26.04.2023 kl 21:57 6277

BREAKING NEWS. Times of India.

At Tomra, ifølge Times of India, er i samtaler med såvel sentral- som delstatsmyndigheter i India om innføring av pantesystem, vil jeg tro er en nyhet som er egnet til å ta pusten fra noen og enhver.

At Times of Indias kilde her er Norges generalkonsul i Mumbai Arne Jan Flølo, må kunne sies å tale for at en seriøs prosess er satt i gang og nå pågår mellom Tomra og indiske myndigheter. Ja, Flølo sier jo faktisk at samtalene mellom Tomra og indiske myndigheter allerede har kommet så langt at man er fremme ved nyansene/detaljene som må være på plass for å bygge et velfungerende pantesystem.

At India i 2023 har et estimert antall innbyggere på 1.426 milliarder gir en pekepinn når det gjelder dimensjoner og skala man står overfor her. Ja, bare delstaten Maharashtra hvor Mumbai er hovedstaden og Arne Jan Flølo altså er norsk generalkonsul, har i 2023 et estimert antall innbyggere på 126.3 millioner. Ca. 40 millioner flere enn det bor i Tyskland.

Norway MNC eyeing reverse vending machine biz in India

SHISHIR ARYA & ABHISHEK CHOUDHARI / Apr 26, 2023, 08:25 IST

Nagpur: TOMRA, a Norwegian MNC, is in talks with the Centre and state governments about recycling policy. The idea is to have reverse vending machines installed which can take in bottles or any other containers that can be put to reuse.

However, certain finer points need to be sorted out. The containers cannot be valued simply in terms of weight. There has to be a value printed on each of the bottles that would be returned through the vending machines. TOMRA is in talks with the authorities on such nuances, the consul general of Norway Arne Jan Flolo told TOI. He was in the city for a two-day visit and was addressing businessmen at the Vidarbha Industries Association (VIA). Flolo said the machines can take in any type of container.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/norway-mnc-eyeing-reverse-vending-machine-biz-in-india/articleshow/99774404.cms?from=mdr
Redigert 26.04.2023 kl 23:42 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
23.04.2023 kl 19:00 6342

Forvaltere som velger seg Tomra Systems og grunngir hvorfor de mener Tomra er en vinner.

M&G: Large spread between winners and losers

April 21, 2023, 2:07 p.m.
Editor: sw

The switch to decarbonization creates completely new industries and value chains. « But an increasing tide does not lift all boats - the spread between winners and losers is considerable », says Michael Rae, fund manager of M&G ( Lux ) Climate Solutions Fund
Tomra: plastic recycling

The prospect of an end to the use of plastics is still a long way off. As a material, plastic is still unsurpassed in terms of cost, weight and versatility of use. The good news is that thanks to continuous innovation, more and more types of plastic can be recycled through chemical processes and the original fossil molecules can thus be reused. However, only 9 percent of plastic waste worldwide is currently recycled, while 22 percent is disposed of incorrectly. All parties involved, from the petrochemical companies to the packaging manufacturers to the sellers of consumer goods and the end consumer himself, would have to play a role in pursuing the concept of « reducing, reusing, recycling ».

Nowhere is this becoming clearer than in the EU, which is already a leader in the circular economy of plastics and further increases the pressure for political changes. In November 2022, the European Commission proposed that all EU member states by 1. January 2029 introduced a deposit return system for metal and plastic beverage packaging and should therefore expand the systems already introduced in Germany, Denmark and Sweden. Studies show that the collection rate in countries with DRS is consistently increasing to 90 percent. The economic aspects are also very good, since the unused deposit funds from the non-returned containers contribute to or even cover the costs of the system.

« From our point of view, the Norwegian company Tomra is the outstanding beneficiary of this development », writes Michael Rae, fund manager of M&G ( Lux ) Climate Solutions Fund. It is the world leader in the manufacture of empties take-back machines that collect recyclable waste and waste sorting machines that are installed in recycling centers. Tomra can look back on a long history of innovation in this niche area. The founders of the company invented the world's first empties take-back machines in the early 1970s. Tomra's business is at the heart of the waste sorting problem, because even if all materials have landed in the right bin, they still have to be sorted by type and color of plastic and examined for the presence of labels and lids before they can be fed into the chemical recycling process. Advanced scanning technologies such as Tomra's are taking more and more work from consumers and increasing the likelihood that DRS will be introduced. In 2022, the avoided CO2 emissions made possible by the Tomra products used by customers amounted to just over 21.1 million tons of CO2 equivalents, which corresponds to an increase of 8.7 percent compared to 2021. The total emissions avoided correspond to about 35 percent of Norway's greenhouse gas emissions in 2021. Tomra machines collected more than 45 billion containers in 2022.

https://investrends.ch/aktuell/opinion/m-g-grosse-streuung-zwischen-gewinnern-und-verlierern/

How to protect the ocean from plastic catastrophe

by Adam Hussain, investment manager, Aegon Asset Management
21 Apr 2023

Aegon AM's Adam Hussain looks at three companies working towards this goal
After more than a decade of talks and negotiations, member states of the United Nations have agreed a High Seas Treaty that should lead to the protection and sustainable use of marine biodiversity in areas beyond national jurisdictions. For the first time in history, rules will be in place to effectively manage and govern oceans and seas in their entirety.
So, which are some of the companies addressing this sustainability problem and in turn helping to protect our seas?

Tomra Systems 

Tomra Systems is the leading provider of advanced sensor-based collection and sorting solutions and is a key enabler of the effective recovery and recycling of used materials, including plastic.

The company’s approximately 80,000 automated reverse vending machines (RVMs) represent more than 70% of the global RVM market.

It is responsible for collecting, recognising and processing more than 44 billion used beverage containers annually. However, this represents only around 9% of all beverage containers currently sold globally each year.

The EU Single Use Plastic (SUP) Directive should bring further improvements to collection rates – it has a target for all EU member states to collect 77% of SUP beverage bottles by 2025 and 90% by 2029. Tomra itself has been aiming to increase plastics recycled within a closed-loop system to 30% of total used material by 2030.
The High Seas Treaty is a landmark agreement – however, the work to translate this into action has only just begun. Ocean ecosystems are critical to marine life, biodiversity and livelihoods.

It is crucial that we act on both land and sea to protect this natural resource – and as investors we can buy into companies that are helping to support this goal.

https://esgclarity.com/how-to-protect-the-ocean-from-plastic-catastrophe/

CRYPTO NEWS

McKinsey Shows Explosive Growth in Carbon Credits as Ecoterra Raises $2.1 Million in Green Crypto Presale

Trent Rhode
Last updated: April 22, 2023

As the eco-conscious movement gains traction in the investment world, ecoterra, a blockchain-powered recycle2earn app, raised $2.1 million in the first 3 weeks of its crypto presale, garnering attention from both environmentally conscious investors and cryptocurrency enthusiasts.

But what makes this project so appealing to green investors, and what opportunities does it present?

The global market for voluntary carbon credits, currently valued at over $2 billion, is projected to grow exponentially as businesses seek to offset their emissions while transitioning to greener practices.

By 2030, consulting firm McKinsey & Co. estimates the market could reach a staggering $50 billion. In response to this surging demand, ecoterra presents a solution that combines environmental responsibility with the advantages of blockchain technology.
Reverse vending machines (RVMs) are a crucial component of ecoterra’s circular economy-aligned recycling system. These machines accept recyclable materials and issue rewards in return.

To achieve its ambitious goals, ecoterra has forged strategic partnerships with a diverse range of businesses and organizations, including supermarket giant Delhaize (Lion) and recycling technology firm TOMRA.

https://www.business2community.com/crypto-news/crypto-presale-ecoterra-flourishes-in-green-investment-boom-raises-2-1-million-as-mckinsey-data-sheds-light-on-industry-growth-02679148

Så litt siste produktnytt fra Tomra Recycling når det gjelder 'magien' som er grunn til at forvaltere rundt om i verden peker på Tomra Systems som lysende stjerne på aksjehimmelen.

INDUSTRY NEWS

TOMRA to display revamped sorting technology at WasteExpo 2023

By Recycling Product News Staff

At WasteExpo 2023, TOMRA will display a revamped AUTOSORT demonstration unit and the company's latest sorting advancements. In addition, the exhibit will highlight its deep-learning-based GAIN technology and Insight add-on technologies for AUTOSORT. 

GAIN technology leverages artificial intelligence (AI) to make it possible to sort objects based on their form and texture which could not be separated with conventional technology. The AI's deep learning technology analyzes images and data to enable the sorting unit to perform tasks more effectively over time and offers advantages for the waste management and recycling industries. 

TOMRA has pioneered deep learning with GAIN for wood sorting applications, creating clean wood chip fractions and differentiating between non-processed wood (wood A) and processed wood (wood B) and recovering MDF. Used in combination with AUTOSORT, GAIN also has the capability to purify post-consumer polyethylene (PE) streams by removing PE-silicone cartridges and non-PE objects. Team members will also give insight into more applications to follow. 

With TOMRA Insight, AUTOSORT is turned into a connected source of information. Insight securely collects near-real-time processing data in the cloud and turns it into actionable information through a web interface. By providing digital metrics such as throughput, material, and size distribution; acceptance and rejection rates; and other data metrics, TOMRA Insight gives equipment recyclers operating information necessary to optimize sorting performance. 

AUTOSORT works best across a range of material sorting applications, including single stream, municipal solid waste (MSW), and commercial and industrial waste. AUTOSORT brings together multiple different sensors to deliver ideal sorting accuracy across all target fractions.

TOMRA will be at booth #5428 during WasteExpo 2023.

https://www.recyclingproductnews.com/article/40196/tomra-to-display-revamped-sorting-technology-at-wasteexpo-2023
April 21, 2023
Rect Angel
21.04.2023 kl 23:40 6410

Det ramler inn så mye Tomra-nytt fra alle kanter at jeg slipper en dose allerede nå på fredagskvelden. Ikke noe poeng å samle opp til et nær tosifret antall nyheter i en post søndag kveld.

Resirkuleringsanlegg i Tyrkia, her beskrevet som et blant få så avanserte i sitt slag i verden, nærmer seg oppstart. Resirkuleringsanlegget er bygget med og driftes av Tomras sensor-baserte sorteringsmaskiner.

The countdown has begun on Bakcycle

Newspaper

Bakcycle Recycling AŞ, the fifth company of Bakioğlu Holding Packaging Group Companies that has completed its vertical integration structure, has started the countdown to go into operation. Bakcycle, which will ensure the recycling of polyethylene flexible packaging waste, which has completed its final use, so that it can be used as raw material in the flexible packaging industry, will take its place among the few facilities in the world. In the facility, which is equipped with the latest technologies, TOMRA sensor-based sorting machines will enable the sorting of mixed flexible packaging wastes with high accuracy rates from color, density and even bond structures.

https://www.yeniasir.com.tr/ekonomi/2023/04/21/bakcycleda-geri-sayim-basladi

Ukrainernes standhaftighet er virkelig imponerende. Og til tross for de enorme problemene landet befinner seg i, satser man nå på at et avfallshåndteringsanlegg drevet med Tomras sorteringsteknologi og - maskineri skal komme opp å gå så raskt som mulig i Kharkiv. Ettersom krigshandlingene gjør det umulig for Tomras folk å reise inn til Kharkiv og bidra til installering, reiser nå ukrainerne istedet til Krosno i Polen hvor der finnes et avfallshåndteringsanlegg i full drift, identisk utstyrt av Tomra. Her får ukrainerne så opplæring slik at man kan selv kan gjennomføre installeringen hjemme i Kharkiv.

CITY LIFE

Employees of the Kharkiv waste disposal plant were trained at the Regional Waste Recovery Center

April 21, 2023

Krośnieński Holding Komunalny provided technical facilities for the mechanical waste processing installation so that Tomra, a manufacturer of optical separators, could train employees of the waste sorting installation that is being built in Kharkov, Ukraine.

Despite the military operations that have been taking place in Ukraine for over a year, the construction of a municipal waste processing and sorting plant continues in Kharkiv. This installation is to be equipped with automatic waste sorting devices, and the two optical separators used in our plant for mechanical sorting of waste are exactly the same as those purchased by the Municipal Solid Waste Utilization Plant in Kharkiv.

The plant in Kharkov purchased our separators a few years ago and now, despite the difficulties resulting from the war, it is making efforts to complete the construction of the plant and launch it - says Mateusz Brzeziński from Tomra Sorting. - Due to the fact that the trip of our company's employees to the area affected by military operations is excluded, we were asked to conduct a training on the installation of separators outside the territory of Ukraine. The choice fell on the Krosno installation, because we want to show the employees from Kharkiv in the most faithful way how the machines are to be installed, and those from the Regional Waste Recovery Center in Krosno are ideal for this - adds the representative of the manufacturer of optical separators.

Both the investor and the contractors of the waste management plant in Kharkov are determined to complete the investment and put it into operation as soon as possible. The Ukrainian delegation that came to Krosno did not conceal that running such a large investment - in the war situation in Ukraine - is complicated and very difficult.

https://www.krosno.pl/aktualnosci/pracownicy-zakladu-utylizacji-odpadow-z-charkowa-szkolili-sie-w-regionalnym-centrum-odzysku-odpadow,17595

Multi-thematic investment: buoyant sectors

21 Apr 2023 - 07:00

Dries Dury, DPAM

A multi-thematic configuration makes it possible to allocate its assets according to opportunities. This has proven useful during the pandemic, where many of the trends have been accelerated.

Interest in thematic investments seems to be growing, thanks in particular to their long-term performance and their diversification. Artificial intelligence (AI), ecology, health and biotechnologies are among the main themes and promising disruptive sectors.

We have reached the critical point where artificial intelligence (AI) is entering our daily lives, without us necessarily noticing it. But, there are already many areas where the use of AI makes it possible to be more productive. Today it already acts as a kind of assistant for developers or designers, one of the sectors with real shortages and where labor is very expensive. Increasing the productivity of code developers by 20% results in huge cost savings
SELECTIVE ON ECOLOGY

Within the “ecology” theme, where valuations are high, stock selection can make a difference. Thus, in Europe, there are very interesting medium-sized companies providing sustainable solutions. Examples include winners Nibe in heat pumps, Tomra in recycling and Spirax-Sarco in steam technologies.

https://www.allnews.ch/content/points-de-vue/investissement-multith%C3%A9matique-les-secteurs-porteurs

Tomra study highlights bottle deposit recycling behaviors

The report, which surveyed 7,000 European consumers, reveals consumers’ main motivations for participating in deposit-return systems

POSTED BY MEGAN SMALLEY | APRIL 20, 2023

The Tomra Collection Solutions business unit of Norway-based Tomra Group has released a report on consumers’ shopping preferences and attitudes around drink container recycling.

For the report, “How recycling habits impact shopping behavior,” Tomra conducted online survey panels in seven countries (Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and Slovakia) in November 2022, surveying 1,000 consumers in each market ages 18 to 70 who returned drink containers for recycling at least every other month.

“Globally, over 1.4 trillion drink containers are sold each year, and 1 million plastic bottles are bought every minute,” says Charles Riegle, senior vice president of public affairs at Tomra Collection in the U.S. “Plastic drink containers are highly recyclable, but only 2 percent of the world’s plastic packaging gets recycled in a closed loop, so it’s vital that we look at what motivates recycling behavior and what consumers are seeking from the recycling experience.”

https://www.recyclingtoday.com/news/tomra-study-highlights-consumer-recycling-behavior-europe/
Rect Angel
20.04.2023 kl 22:07 6525

Som jeg antydet i innlegg her på tråden i går, virker det som om regjeringen i Westminster nå ønsker at det skotske pantesystemet ska fungere som en slags 'pilot'/mal for hele UK når det kommer opp og går på sin nye dato for oppstart, 1.mars 2024.

Det sier iallefall SNPs skotske 'Net Zero Minister' Mairi McAllan til The Herald i dag.

I seg selv ingen dum ide som bør kunne bidra til en vellykket oppstart for pantesystemet for hele/resten av UK (England, Wales og Nord-Irland), som det altså allerede er bestemt skal være oppe og gå i 2025.

EXCLUSIVE

SNP Net Zero Secretary claims UK wants Scotland to test water on DRS

8 hrs ago

The SNP cabinet secretary overseeing the under-fire deposit return scheme (DRS) has insisted the policy will launch as envisaged – as she claimed UK officials would like to see Scotland “cut its teeth” first with the scheme.
SNP Net Zero Secretary, Mairi McAllan, who has ultimate responsibility for the policy above circular economy minister Lorna Slater, has welcomed the delay and has told The Herald that the UK Government would like to see a Scotland-only scheme launched first to “troubleshoot” some of the inevitable teething problems.

Asked by The Herald if she would like to see the DRS up and running as quickly as possible, Ms McAllan said: “Of course.”

She added: “But I want to see it up and running in a way that businesses can manage, which is exactly what the First Minister's announcement was about.
Pointing to calls for UK-wide scheme, the cabinet secretary told The Herald that “Defra (UK department for environment, food and rural affairs) are quite keen for Scotland to lead the way because we are troubleshooting a lot of this.

“Generally, you know, we'll have these discussions where it's quite clear that we have a shared policy objective. If we're going first we will cut our teeth on it.”

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23468931.snp-net-zero-secretary-claims-uk-wants-scotland-test-water-drs/

Messe pågår i Kina. Toppsjefen i Tomra Foods Michel Picandet forteller her om sterk satsing i Kina fra Tomras side. Picandet sier at Kina er et hurtig voksende marked og innehar en nøkkelposisjon i Tomras strategi.

2023 The 16th China Roasted Nuts Exhibition Hefei kicks off with more than 1,500 exhibitors

April 20, 2023 17:16 | Source: People's Daily Online - Anhui Channel

People's Daily Online, Hefei, April 20th (Zhao Yue) The exhibition area is nearly 70,000 square meters, with 6 exhibition halls and 12 themed exhibition areas. For the first time, a new product tasting and selection area and a plant spices and condiments exhibition area have been newly added. There are more than 1,500 exhibitors. New products, high-quality products, and hot-selling products are competing to debut... From April 19th to 22nd, the 16th China Roasted Nuts Exhibition was held in Hefei, Anhui.
In the industrial chain equipment exhibition area, TOMRA, a global food sorting company, brought the AI ​​sorting machine TOMRA 5C. Michel Picandet, executive vice president of TOMRA Group and global head of TOMRA Foods, said: "China is a fast-growing emerging market and a key position in TOMRA's global strategy. Roasted Nuts and Nuts Exhibition is a microcosm of China's economic prosperity and opening up, and it is also a part of our cooperation with An opportunity for in-depth market dialogue. In the future, TOMRA will continue to increase business support and investment in China to better serve local customers and help the industry develop.”

http://ah.people.com.cn/BIG5/n2/2023/0420/c227131-40385010.html

PRSE 2023

Plastics Recycling Show Europe: Full Conference Programme now online

Apr 20, 2023

The organisers of Plastics Recycling Show Europe, which takes place on 10-11 May 2023 at the RAI Amsterdam, the Netherlands, have released the event's full conference programme, featuring over 60 speakers.
Increasing efficiency in flake-sorting applications by Alberto Piovesan, Segment Manager Plastics at TOMRA Recycling

https://waste-management-world.com/recycling/plastics-recycling-show-europe-full-conference-programme-now-online/

White Paper: 2040 vision for a sustainable future requires radical rethink on EU materials and waste policy

Published
20 APR 2023

Rewiring our relationship with resources through the Waste Framework Directive (WFD) is vital for the EU to continue to innovate and lead the world in reaching a circular economy by 2040. 

These are the findings of a White Paper published today by Handelens Miljøfond, Minderoo Foundation, TOMRA, and Zero Waste Europe, which outlines the urgent steps required to ensure the union remains on track to creating a sustainable future for its citizens.

The White Paper, developed by Eunomia Research & Consulting, sets out a vision for 2040 where society will use materials and products more efficiently in an economy that is well on its way to circularity.

The upcoming revision of the Waste Framework Directive, which has guided EU policy in this area since 1975, offers the opportunity to design a coherent and consistent policy framework for a circular economy – however the scope of the revision is not currently sufficient to set the EU on the right course. 

Cecilie Lind, CEO of Handelens Miljøfond said: “This White Paper demonstrates the urgency of rethinking our approach to materials and waste policy in order to build a sustainable and circular economy by 2040, and the revision of the Waste Framework Directive is a critical step in achieving that goal.”

A genuinely circular economy would mean much reduced extraction and use of virgin resources, with a focus on a service economy that keeps products and materials in circulation for as long as possible, making full use of digital technology, systems, and data to manage our use of materials and products.

The White Paper also presents an accompanying blueprint for a policy framework that will drive these changes effectively and at scale, harnessing the power of the single market to give businesses confidence to invest in the new business models necessary to deliver prosperity and profitability while reducing material consumption. 

Joan Marc Simon, Director-Founder of Zero Waste Europe, added: “It’s imperative that the EU makes it easier and cheaper for citizens, businesses, and organisations to make the right choices. Unless we make EU policies fit for purpose we can’t shift away from current inefficient linear take-make-waste economic models.”

The White Paper proposes a short-term revision of the WFD (by 2026) to provide: 

* Softer regulation for the reuse, repair, and remanufacturing of products as well as clarity for industry on the environmental performance required of reuse systems. 

* Greater consistency in the scope and application of extended producer responsibility (EPR) and a more granular recycling hierarchy that characterises ‘high quality’ recycling.

* A supportive environment for rapidly decarbonising the treatment and disposal of waste.

Ultimately the WFD would need to be transformed into a Resources Framework Directive by 2029 which would extend the scope and remit of the framework to include the reduction of resource consumption, introducing a materials application hierarchy to steer the use of different types of materials to maximise decarbonisation.

Dr Marcus Gover, who leads a team of scientists and policy experts at Minderoo Foundation, said: “In a circular economy, consumers will reap the benefits of higher-quality products that last longer while at the same time reducing the harmful impacts materials like plastics, especially microplastics in clothing and tyres, have on our environment.” 

Wolfgang Ringel, Senior Vice President Group Public Affairs at TOMRA commented: “More needs to be done to encourage the proper collection, sorting, and recycling of valuable material that is simply thrown away. Implementing legally defined (in other words, mandatory) obligations covering the use of resources, and their responsible handling, is the way forward to ensure a sustainable future for society and our planet.”

Dr Chris Sherrington, Head of Policy at Eunomia Research & Consulting concluded: “We are looking forward to engaging with stakeholders over the next six months on our ideas to help design a regulatory framework which can spur innovation and give businesses the confidence to invest, innovate and deliver the transition to a circular economy. We know these changes need to happen, it’s best to act now and work together in an open, transparent, and collaborative fashion to determine the best way to do so.”

https://zerowasteeurope.eu/press-release/white-paper-2040-vision-for-a-sustainable-future-requires-radical-rethink-on-eu-materials-and-waste-policy/
Rect Angel
20.04.2023 kl 14:16 6594

Helt fersk nyhet. Taler for seg selv. Stort!

TOMRA Mining tech to be used for the world’s largest lithium sorting plant

Posted by Daniel Gleeson on 20th April 2023

TOMRA Mining says it is in the process of installing what will be the world’s largest lithium mineral ore sorting plant at Pilbara Minerals’ Pilgangoora project in Western Australia.

The installation has already started and is expected to reach completion in late 2023.

Pilbara Minerals says it owns the the world’s largest, independent hard-rock lithium mine, producing a spodumene and tantalite concentrate. Through its P680 Expansion Project, the company has plans to step-up its production run-rate at the operation to a total of circa-680,000 t/y of spodumene concentrate. The sorting plant is part of this project.

Dale Henderson, Managing Director and CEO, Pilbara Minerals, said: “This new facility to be constructed at our Pilgangoora Project will be the world’s largest lithium mineral ore sorting plant. TOMRA’s experience in large global sorting installations, innovative technology, and ability to provide local support were significant factors in our decision to work with them. From the start, the TOMRA team has been working side by side with us and our engineering partner DRA Global to deliver this important project.”

As part of this expansion project, Pilbara Minerals turned to TOMRA Mining for assistance to address the key industry challenge in the processing of spodumene feed ore contaminated with barren host rock.

TOMRA has 50 years’ experience in sensor-based sorting technologies and has designed and built 90% of the world’s large-scale mining sorting plants with a capacity above 300t/h, it says. These include plants such as the Ma’aden Umm Wu’al project, which is operating at 1,850 t/h and the Lucara diamond operation which runs 15 sorters.

Specifically for the Pilbara Minerals project, TOMRA Mining highlighted that it offered effective ore sorting solutions with high sensor resolution and ejection accuracy that ensure high lithium recovery and waste removal with a stable and consistent performance at high capacity.

The TOMRA Mining team conducted a geological assessment of sample ores supplied by Pilbara Minerals. It revealed the pegmatite deposit did have non-lithium bearing host rock intrusions. Some of these minerals have a high density like that of spodumene, which means that it is also concentrated when using heavy media separation (HMS). This reduces the efficiency of the downstream flotation and contaminates the final product. Sensor-based sorting technologies, on the other hand, can measure the colour, density and mineralogical variations in individual particles, enabling the accurate detection and removal of this barren material, the company explained.

Working closely with the Pilbara Minerals metallurgical team, TOMRA conducted extensive test work at the TOMRA Test Center in Sydney, Australia, to check all the options and answer any questions arising during the tests.

The samples were run at capacity on production sorters and included repeatability and variation testing. The test work benchmarked the expected performance of the sorters and was used to establish the sort quality on each of the ore types that will be fed through the plant.

Primero Group, which was awarded the contract for construction of the project, has now started bulk earthworks for the sorting plant.

The TOMRA team was involved not only in the testing and supply of equipment, but also provided assistance with the plant layout and understanding of the implications of sorting on the upstream mining and downstream process of the ore. This involvement throughout the development process will add to efficient operational ramp-up and technical optimisation.

TOMRA’s capability to support the project with a dedicated Australia-based team and a global support structure has been a significant factor and is an important part of de-risking the installation of this new technology. The team is working closely with Pilbara Minerals through the installation process, commissioning and start-up, and will continue to provide on-site support once the sorting plant is up and running.

https://im-mining.com/2023/04/20/tomra-mining-tech-to-be-used-for-the-worlds-largest-lithium-sorting-plant/
Redigert 20.04.2023 kl 14:24 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
19.04.2023 kl 23:24 6723

Innovation in five numbers: overcoming a linear economic model

By Advisor Professional
19/04/2023

Worldwide consolidated value chains are constructed in a linear way, mainly thinking about cost containment and ease of consumption.

The difficulties of reaching a circular economy are therefore evident, however the emergence of new and encouraging areas of circularity is increasingly noticeable.
In 2022 the European Commission proposed that all Member States implement a deposit system for recycling ( deposit return system, DRS ) of metal and plastic beverage containers within the 2029, expanding the systems already implemented in countries such as Germany, Denmark and Sweden. Based on the available data, the European countries that implement DRS systems see their collection rates increase by up to 90%: the costs of the schemes are amortized by deposits not redeemed from unreturned containers. The 90% recovery level% it also constitutes a separate target for the collection of containers at EU level for 2029.

This measure will likely play for the benefit of the major participants in the recycling value chain, such as Tomra, the world's largest supplier of reverse vending machines and waste selection machines. Satisfactory progress has been made in plastic recycling in the EU, although there is still a long way to go: Tomra notes that 38 million tons of plastic are still lost by incineration, landfill or released in kind every year in the region.

https://professional.advisoronline.it/risparmio-gestito/69819-l-innovazione-in-cinque-numeri-superare-un-modello-economico-lineare.action

News

Agrícola Villena restarts its factory in Cádiz

Renovates facilities after an investment of four million euros

04/19/2023

infoRETAIL.- Agrícola Villena has put into operation its La Barca de la Florida plant ( Cádiz ) dedicated to carrot and leek processing. The facilities have returned to activity after the conversion of the factory into a modern industrial plant in which the company has invested more than four million euros.
Among the investments made in technological equipment, this plant currently has automatic tria machinery that allows the processing of 26 tons of carrots per hour, raw material reception chambers, incorporation of new weighers and baggers, automatic calibration, weight controller, cold chambers and new equipment for hydrocooling.

Also, among other advances and optimizations, The integration of Celox and Tomra optical calibrators and selectors that incorporate artificial vision has been carried out to achieve an effective improvement in factory productivity.

Located 20 kilometers from Jerez de La Frontera, The La Barca de La Florida delegation of Agrícola Villena offers employment to more than 80 families in a town with a population of over 4,000 inhabitants.

https://www.revistainforetail.com/noticiadet/agricola-villena-reinicia-su-fabrica-de-cadiz/c56241c42216f9a45fbc6fbd4695be86
Rect Angel
19.04.2023 kl 13:08 6707

For ordens skyld: Circularity Scotland er selskapet som skal fungere som operatør av det skotske pantesystemet.

Fersk artikkel, publisert for 1 time siden.

2024 date ‘ends DRS speculation’, claims Circularity Scotland

April 19, 2023
by Steve Eminton

The Scottish Government’s announcement yesterday about delaying the deposit return scheme until 1 March 2024 “puts an end to speculation about the timescales for the launch of the scheme”, according to Circularity Scotland.

https://www.letsrecycle.com/news/2024-date-ends-drs-speculation-claims-circularity-scotland/
Rect Angel
19.04.2023 kl 11:29 6728

Drister meg til å påstå at dagens (sterkt negative) reaksjon på børsen på at Skottland utsetter innføringen av sitt pantesystem i 7 måneder, grenser til det komiske.

En utsettelse har ligget i kortene i månedsvis (se for eksempel innlegg om dette her på denne tråden, for en og en halv måned siden, 04.03.2023 kl 20:12), og man skulle nesten tro at Tomra var et 'enbent', lite selskap som var 'avhengig av' at denne åpningen fant sted i august i år. Slik forholder det seg selvsagt ikke. I dette tilfellet er det helt sikkert kun snakk om inntekter som forskyves noe frem i tid, for Tomras del. Og pantesystemer vil jo dessuten komme som 'perler på en snor' i årene fremover. Som kjent, garantert i EUs nasjoner som ennå ikke har innført pantesystem, og helt sikkert etterhvert i andre nasjoner, overalt på kloden. Er jo bare noen dager siden det fremkom at G7 nasjonene nå endelig står 100% samlet i forsterket kamp mot plastforurensningen på kloden. En kamp som selvfølgelig MÅ tas.

Med ny åpningsdato 1.mars 2024 i Skottland, får vi nå en samkjøring med resten av UK (England, Wales og Nord-Irland) som har vedtatt oppstart av pantesystem i 2025. Pantesystemet i Skottland vil dermed bli en slags 'pilot' eller mal om man vil, for pantesystemet i hele UK, og på den måten forhåpentligvis bidra positivt til mest mulig problemfri lansering av pantesystemet for hele/resten av UK i 2025.

Postet forøvrig om utsettelsen i Skottland i mitt innlegg her på tråden i går kveld. Så se der for info om utsettelsen (forrige innlegg på denne tråden).
Redigert 19.04.2023 kl 11:33 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
18.04.2023 kl 22:07 6748

Som forventet når man har fulgt med på nyhetsbildet og debatten, utsetter Skottland åpningsdato for sitt pantesystem.

Pantesystemet var opprinnelig planlagt åpnet i 2021, men så kom pandemien og åpningen ble da utsatt på ubestemt tid. Planlagt åpningsdato p.t. var august 2023. I dag kom så altså den ganske så forventede nyheten om utsettelse av åpningen. Ny åpningsdato er 1.mars 2024.

Her kunne man 'fryktet' utsettelse helt til 2025 da pantesystem skal åpne i resten av/hele UK (England, Wales, Nord-Irland), men så drøy ble altså ikke utsettelsen.

Scotland delays Deposit Return Scheme until March 2024

Scottish First Minister Humza Yousaf has announced that the Deposit Return Scheme (DRS) for drinks packaging will no longer launch this August, with a seven-month delay confirmed.

CIRCULAR ECONOMY POLICY
Sarah George
Published 18th April 2023

Speaking at Holyrood this afternoon (18 April), Yousaf said: “A number of business organisations have expressed concern, in recent months, about the balance that the Scottish Government has been striking. In fact, they have called for a reset of the relationship between business and Government. And I’m happy to start that reset today.

“I remain committed to the [DRS] as a way to increase recycling, to reduce litter on our streets and our beaches, and to help achieve our net-zero ambitions. But we recongise the uncertainty that continues to be created as a result, of course, of the UK Government delaying [its] decision to exclude the Scheme from the Internal Market Act. Now, we had hoped for a decision this week, but it has not come.

“At the same time, myself and the Circular Economy Minister [Lorna Slater] have heard the concerns of businesses, particularly about the readiness of the scheme for launch this August. As a result, we will now delay the launch of the scheme until 1 March 2024.”

https://www.edie.net/scotland-delays-deposit-return-scheme-until-march-2024/

Så noen betraktninger om Tomra, fra henholdsvis Sverige og Frankrike. Og deretter litt til nytt.

Hernhag: Bolagen som är bäst i klassen

Publicerad 2023-04-17 07:11

Krönika

Över tid kommer det att löna sig rejält att lära sig hitta de bästa bolagen i varje bransch. Samtidigt är det lika viktigt att undvika de sämsta.

Inom miljöteknik finns det en bred flora riktigt bra bolag som värmepumparnas Nibe, som aldrig sänkt aktieutdelningen. Även Beijer Ref och Tomra tjänar pengar och vårdar sina trender.

https://www.privataaffarer.se/hernhag-bolagen-som-ar-bast-i-klassen/

The value of tomorrow

The business to follow: Tomra, at the heart of the circular economy

Thanks to its automata which recover glass, plastic and aluminum, this Norwegian company has become one of the world leaders in recycling in fifty years.

The value of tomorrow is realized in partnership with Zonebourse.com

Tomra operates in a little known market in France but its equipment is omnipresent in the world. This Norwegian company was born in 1972 with the installation of a first RVM system in a Oslo supermarket, in other words a sorting machine with gratification. These large machines, visible on the parking lots of large food surfaces, offer a small remuneration in exchange for the recycling of glass and plastic bottles, or aluminum cans. This model is widespread in several northern European countries. In France, it comes up against fears of financialization of recycling and shortfall for traditional sectors overseen by communities.

Tomra has built its model on its 80,000 machines dedicated today to individual collection, and on the economics of reverse automatic distribution, that is to say the recovery of recorded containers. The group highlights unstoppable statistics: in Europe, systems with instructions display much higher recycling rates than traditional systems. Until the start of the 21st century, Tomra generated all of his income from collection and recycling. From 2004, the "sorting solutions" activity appeared in turnover. As part of his own industrial needs, Tomra has indeed developed optical sorting technologies.

The objective was to better identify the materials recovered to make the most of them. These solutions were then offered to collection stakeholders, from household waste specialists to BTP giants, industry or textiles. A winning bet since in 2019, the collection and sorting solutions divisions generated as much income as the other. The success of sorting technologies has been extended to the food sector, to calibrate and classify several types of food, in particular fruit and vegetables.

Considerable market share

Tomra is now based on three pillars. The collection ( 51% of turnover in 2022 ) remains the core of activity, ahead of the food sorting ( 30% ) and the recycling sorting ( 19% ). With such a pedigree, the group can do without a cabinet specializing in greening to tell its story: its business is at the heart of the circular economy and the optimization of resources. All with considerable global market share, ranging from 25% for sorting fresh food to 70% for automated deposit. This strategy has guaranteed average sales growth of more than 10% per year over the past ten years, a sign of a well-oiled machine. The dynamics have been reinforced by regular and often relevant acquisitions, which have not unreasonably increased the balance sheet, since debt coverage by profits remains very correct. These external growth operations also did not degrade profitability, with an operating margin that remained around 13% over the same period.

In the last financial year, turnover reached 12.2 billion Norwegian kroner, or just over 1 billion euros. Tomra is therefore a medium-sized multinational, but its sectoral footprint is considerable. The valuation multiples are in tune with the quality of the assets. An investor who is now positioning himself pays around 30 times the results that are expected in 2024. The multiple is high although it is lower than the historical average ( close to 40 times ). It reflects the unique positioning of the company in a market naturally supported by a strengthening of environmental regulations and by the climate countdown: as things go, there could be more plastic than fish in the oceans by 2050.

https://www.lexpress.fr/argent/bourse/lentreprise-a-suivre-tomra-au-coeur-de-leconomie-circulaire-VXQVUJTSOJGUFOAORIW3ATOFO4/

TOMRA releases eBook highlighting the benefits of data-driven quality control

Published by Will Owen, Editor
Global Mining Review, Tuesday, 18 April 2023 13:00

A new, free-to-download publication from TOMRA Mining outlines the different ways today’s advanced digital sorting data services can help mining operations stay in control at all times, take quicker action when necessary, and build a stronger collaboration across teams and departments.

Sensor-based sorting machines inspect every single piece of material that passes through the processing line, collecting a wealth of data. The digitalisation of sorting-related services is opening up a world of new possibilities. The new e-book, titled ‘The Benefits of Data-driven Quality Control’, focuses on how to efficiently produce high-quality product with maximum control and minimum waste.

https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/18042023/tomra-releases-ebook-highlighting-the-benefits-of-data-driven-quality-control/

Jesús Cruz, TOMRA Food: « Today it is possible to offer quantity and quality in blueberries »

Efficiency is the engine that today leads companies to make the changes and investments they need to remain competitive; berry cultivation and, in this case, blueberry is no exception.

Fernando Perea 04/18/2023

The productive growth of this crop worldwide is forcing companies to be more productive and profitable than ever. In this scenario, Jesús Cruz Barrios, Sales Manager Area for Southern Europe and Africa in TOMRA Food, He explains that automation is necessary to be able to compete in a market where costs and quality are essential. It is about investing with the most tangible return for the company, helping to cope with labor costs and ensuring fruit handling.

https://revistamercados.com/jesus-cruz-tomra-food-hoy-es-posible-ofrecer-cantidad-y-calidad-en-arandanos/

400 thousand PLN per year - this is how the store can increase turnover in the deposit system

Author: PAP

Date: April 18, 2023, 13:49

A store that joins the deposit system and starts accepting returns of packaging can increase its turnover by 400,000 PLN per year - informed the Federation of Polish Entrepreneurs ( FPP ).

FPP data show that together stores with a point of receiving returns of packaging can count on an increase in turnover by approx. PLN 30 billion per year.

https://www.portalspozywczy.pl/handel/wiadomosci/400-tys-zl-rocznie-o-tyle-sklep-moze-zwiekszyc-obroty-w-systemie-kaucyjnym,222633.html
Redigert 18.04.2023 kl 22:08 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
17.04.2023 kl 22:05 6781

Kommentar egentlig unødvendig her, for sier jo seg selv at dette er meget positive nyheter for virksomhetene til Tomra Systems som handler om innsamling (pant) og sortering, innrettet mot resirkulering av plast. Dessuten er jeg jo som nevnt inne i aksjen i et svært langsiktig perspektiv så ambisjonene mine når det gjelder det jeg poster her, er primært å formidle nyheter til den som måtte være interessert og ser nytteverdi i disse.

Her drister jeg meg likevel til å dra et lite resonnement. Tenker nemlig det, i denne sammenheng, er på sin plass å sette søkelyset på en signifikant investeringsbeslutning Tomra har gjort og formidlet til markedet i en børsmelding så sent som 19.desember 2022.

At et samlet G7 etter helgens møter i Japan nå står bak intensivert kamp mot plastforurensning gjennom å innføre tiltak rettet mot mer resirkulering/sirkulær økonomi, vil nødvendigvis legge sterke politiske føringer på G20-konferansen i New Dehli 9. - 10.september 2023 og ikke minst på alle verdens nasjoner under FNs klimakonferanse COP28, 30.11.2023 - 12.12.2023 i Dubai.

Så i søkelyset satt på Tomras børsmelding datert 19.desember (se innledning og link til hele meldingen nederst i dette innlegget), tror jeg bestemt vi ser et selskap som for lengst har analysert markedet og er innforstått med hvilke politiske føringer som kommer og hva disse vil bety for etterspørselen etter de resirkulerte plastkvalitetene Tomras nye anlegg i Tyskland vil produsere. Altså at etterspørselen kommer til å være veldig stor, større enn tilbudssiden og så stor at man heller ikke trenger å frykte for 'kanibalisering' her selv om Tomra som global markedsleder innen forretningsområdet jo også selger teknologi og produkter til kunder som driver med resirkulering. Skal jeg tippe, tror jeg snarere vi kommer til å se flere Tomra-anlegg innen dette forretningsområdet, frem i tid. At man først satser i Tyskland/EU er selvsagt en konsekvens av det er nettopp her man er kommet klart lengst når det gjelder politiske føringer med henblikk på resirkulering/sirkulær økonomi. Politiske føringer som aktører involvert i emballasjeindustrien MÅ innrette seg etter.

Blir veldig spennende å følge utviklingen innen dette forretningsområdet både når det gjelder egen virksomhet og salg av teknologi og maskineri til parnere/kunder innen resirkulering!

FROM AFP NEWS

G7 Members Commit To Ending New Plastic Pollution By 2040

By AFP - Agence France Presse
April 16, 2023

G7 environment and climate ministers pledged to end new plastic pollution in their countries by 2040, they said in a statement released Sunday after talks in northern Japan.

"We are committed to end plastic pollution, with the ambition to reduce additional plastic pollution to zero by 2040," it said.

Germany, France, Canada, Britain and the EU are already part of a multi-national coalition that made the same pledge last year.

But this is the first time the remaining Group of Seven members -- Japan, the United States and Italy -- have made the 2040 commitment.

German Environment Minister Steffi Lemke hailed the bloc's new plastic pollution pledge as an "ambitious goal" at a press conference following the two-day talks in Sapporo.

The phase-out will be achieved by "promoting sustainable consumption and production of plastics, increasing their circularity in the economy, and environmentally sound management of waste", the statement said.

Plastic waste has doubled globally in 20 years and only nine percent is successfully recycled, according to the OECD group of developed countries.

https://www.barrons.com/news/g7-members-commit-to-ending-new-plastic-pollution-by-2040-ae396c98

Tid 19.12.2022, 08:00:09
MeldingsID 578520
UtstederID TOM
Marked Oslo Børs

TOMRA initiates EUR 50-60 million investment in plastic feedstock sorting

TOMRA announced today that the Board of Directors has made a positive investment decision for the construction of a sorting facility for post-consumer plastic material. TOMRA seeks to enable closing the quantity and quality gaps in plastic recycling by producing high quality plastic fractions out of plastic waste that is typically lost to incineration and landfill. The output material can be used by recyclers to produce flakes and pellets for applications such as packaging material.

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/578520
Redigert 17.04.2023 kl 22:12 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
16.04.2023 kl 20:35 6852

Britisk avfallshåndteringselskap med fullt fokus på resirkulering, skal kopiere suksesshistorie i Cumbria ved hjelp av Tomra-teknologi i Middlesborough i Nord-Øst England.

Cumbria Waste Group are investing in the North East

The company wants to lead the way in supporting local businesses and authorities in the region to recycle more of their waste

14:47, 14 APR 2023

Cumbria Waste Group (CWG) has a strong reputation for customer service and partnership working, and wants to bring that level of service to the North East.

CWG provides a total waste management solution, with a focus on recycling. Their service is underpinned by knowledgeable, efficient and friendly staff.

Puddlers Road, Middlesbrough site

In 2022, Cumbria Waste Group expanded its operations to the North East by acquiring Ward Recycling, located at Puddlers Road, Middlesbrough.

After purchasing the material recycling facility, and after considerable investment improving the site, it is now fully commissioned and has been providing recycling services for a number of North East local authorities.

The refurbishment has enabled Cumbria Waste Group to upgrade the sorting technology, and the facility is now capable of processing dry mixed recycling or container mix - glass, cans and plastic - recyclate streams.

The upgrades don’t stop there. Due to further investment in April 2023, Cumbria Waste Group are installing the latest Tomra sorting technology. This will enhance the capability of the plant, help improve the quality of the processed materials and further enable CWG to lead the way in supporting local businesses and local authorities in the North East to recycle more materials from their waste.

Targeted materials for recycling include a wide range of plastics, paper, cardboard, glass and cans, with the material recycling facility capable of producing high-quality segregated materials for end markets.

More than 40 members of staff are employed by CWG at the Puddlers Road site, and most of the team live in the North East, thereby contributing to the local economy.

A CWG representative said: “ We are fully invested in the Puddlers Road site and want to replicate the service we have in Cumbria in the North East. We are proud of our team, our services and our ability to increase recycling rates, which in turn benefits the local community and the environment.”

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/special-features/cumbria-waste-group-investing-north-26628030

Tar med denne notisen om EU-høring vedrørende emballaje og emballasjeavfall for å illustrere Tomras strategiske posisjon.

News archive

Packaging and packaging waste: informal hearings in Commission 4a

April 14, 2023

On Tuesday 18 March at 10.00, the Bureau of the EU Policy Commission has hearings of representatives of Confapi, ACE (Alliance for the beverage carton and the Environment), Confindustria Unionplast, TOMRA, Federation of Paper and Graphics, COREPLA ( National Consortium for the collection, recycling and recovery of plastic packaging ) and European Bioplastics e.V. as part of the examination of the act COM ( 2022 ) 677 on packaging and packaging waste.

https://www.senato.it/attualita/archivio-notizie?nid=78741

Tomra antyder at den polske regjeringens foreslåtte pantesats muligens er satt for lavt.

DRINKS

Deposit system: 50-groszowa deposit for bottles may be too low

Author: PAP

Date: 15-04-2023, 08:07

The amount of the deposit is an argument for consumers to return bottles or cans. The deposit of 50 gr proposed in the draft regulation may not be sufficient - indicates the vice president in the group of Tomra Anna Sapota.

https://www.portalspozywczy.pl/napoje/wiadomosci/tomra-o-systemie-kaucyjnym-50-groszowa-kaucja-za-butelki-moze-byc-za-niska,222471.html
Rect Angel
14.04.2023 kl 11:34 6905

BREAKING NEWS! Nok en milepæl for dette svært fremtidsrettede selskapet som vi som nasjon bør være meget stolt av.

Pantesystemer vil komme på løpende bånd i stadig flere nasjoner i årevis fremover, med Tomra Collection Solutions i de store hovedrollene.

Med sitt inntoget også i delstaten Victoria, har Tomra Collection Solutions nå 'erobret' hele Australia.

Tid 14.04.2023, 06:32:00
MeldingsID 587591
UtstederID TOM
Marked Oslo Børs

TOMRA Cleanaway appointed Network Operator for Zones 1 and 4 in Victoria's Container Deposit Scheme

The Government of the state of Victoria, Australia, has today announced that TOMRA Cleanaway, a 50/50 joint venture between TOMRA and Cleanaway, has been appointed Network Operator for Zones 1 and 4 (Western Regional Victoria and Western Metropolitan Melbourne) in Victoria's Container Deposit Scheme which is scheduled to commence on 1 November 2023. The scope equates to approximately one third of the state of Victoria in geographic terms.

TOMRA will operate automated collection points, featuring over 400 reverse vending machines that scan and verify each container as it enters the deposit scheme. A range of consumer deposit refund options will be made available - including retail cash, digital transfers direct to bank account and donations to charities or community groups.

"We look forward to being part of the upcoming deposit return system in Victoria and working together with the Victorian community to build a circular economy for beverage containers," says Harald Henriksen, Head of TOMRA Collection. "TOMRA has a strong Australian organization and over 50 years of experience in delivering attractive and reliable return solutions that have been embraced by consumers worldwide."

TOMRA Systems ASA

Asker, 14 April 2023

For further inquiries, please contact:

Eva Sagemo, CFO +47 934 39 911 Daniel Sundahl, VP Head of IR +47 913 61 899

About TOMRA Collection:

TOMRA Collection is part of the TOMRA Group, which creates sensor-based solutions for optimal resource productivity, with a vision to lead the Resource Revolution towards a circular economy. The Group employs approximately 5,000 people globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (OSE: TOM). Visit our global website: www.tomra.com

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/587591

Charitable recycling, Circular Economy, container deposit scheme, Glass recycling, News, Resource Recovery, Sustainability, Victoria

Visy, TOMRA Cleanaway, Return-It to operate VIC CDS

LISA KORYCKI
3 hours ago

https://wastemanagementreview.com.au/visy-tomra-cleanaway-return-it-to-operate-vic-cds/
Redigert 14.04.2023 kl 13:13 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
13.04.2023 kl 21:47 6974

The deposit system in Poland is getting closer. An additional fee will include plastic and glass bottles as well as metal cans

April 13, 2023, 13:08

Bartłomiej Ciepielewski

The introduction of a deposit system in Poland is slowly becoming a fact. A fee of 50 groszy will be added to bottles made of glass or plastic, as well as metal cans. Who will be covered by the deposit system and what will it consist of?
What are the advantages of the deposit system?

Experts predict that the introduction of a deposit system will recover about 610,000 tons of own raw materials that can be sold or reused, which is extremely valuable in times of market volatility. As WWF points out, the proposed changes are also the only way to achieve the EU target, which assumes that by 2029 the level of collection and recycling of beverage packaging will be 90 percent.
Konrad Worm from TOMRA Collection Polska also emphasizes that the deposit system can make customers go shopping more often. In countries where this solution has been around for years, it has been observed that people returning packaging more in stores also spend.

– Data from other countries where the system operates show that it can increase the number of customer visits to the store. It turns out that 93 percent Swedish users of the deposit system were shopping when returning empty packaging, and 44 percent then made full weekly purchases. The research we conducted identified four countries where buyers and drinkers spent more money on purchases than those who did, who did not return – packaging was handed over by Konrad Robak in an interview with PAP.
The deposit system in Poland will be introduced in 2025. 

https://strefabiznesu.pl/system-kaucyjny-w-polsce-coraz-blizej-dodatkowa-oplata-obejmie-plastikowe-i-szklane-butelki-a-takze-metalowe-puszki/ar/c3-17454107
Rect Angel
12.04.2023 kl 22:10 7004

WASTE WOOD
ECONOMY & MARKETS

Tomra presents wood sorting solutions at Ligna

At LIGNA 2023, the provider of wood sorting solutions will be presenting its new sorting solutions for processing waste wood based on X-ray technology and deep learning.

April 12, 2023

In view of the efforts of the industry to increase the use of recycled material in the production of wood-based materials and to improve cost efficiency, the recycling of wood waste is becoming increasingly important. High-precision sorting processes provide access to recyclable materials and enable a circular economy for wood. Various cleaning steps are of crucial importance for the quality of the end product and the amount of recycled material that contains new wood products.

Tomra Recycling Sorting has been in the timber industry for more than a decade. In recent years, Tomra has introduced a new sorting solution based on deep learning and has continuously optimized its sorting machine based on X-ray transmission technology in order to best meet the needs of the market. At LIGNA, Tomra will present the advantages of its complete solution for wood sorting both at its stand and on stage.

https://www.recyclingmagazin.de/2023/04/12/tomra-praesentiert-holzsortierloesungen-auf-der-ligna/

Textile Recycling: The Sorting Challenge

April 11, 2023
TW Special Report
Automated sorting: the path to a textile circular economy

STADLER — a supplier of sorting plants for the recycling industry — is researching automated sensor-based solutions for textile sorting. In 2017, in partnership with TOMRA, it has designed and built a small pilot project plant in Avesta, Sweden, in the second phase of the government-funded Swedish Innovation Platform for Textile Sorting (SIPTex) project, which aims to develop a sorting solution tailored to the needs of textile recyclers and the garment industry. This was followed in 2020 with the third phase of the project: the first industrial-scale fully automated mixed textile waste plant in the world, which is capable of achieving the purity and recovery required for recycling and reutilization.

This facility, located in Malmö, processes preconsumer waste from textile producers (clippings and rejects) and post-consumer waste, which consists of clothing and household textiles, and may contain non-textile parts such as buttons and zippers. The material is delivered in bales weighting from 350 to 500 kg and is sorted whole. The plant has the capacity to process up to 4.5 metric tons per hour in one line.

The textile sorting process

The process developed by STADLER with the cooperation of TOMRA in the SIPTex project starts with the waste textiles entering the plant in batches, dosed, fed by conveyor belts into four sensor-based TOMRA AUTOSORT® units.

“Because of the nature of the textile material fed into the plant, the feeding system and dosing are very important to the success of the sorting process,” explains Dr. Bastian Küppers, Engineer for Digital Business Development at STADLER. “The STADLER dosing drum features mechanical components specially designed to handle the soft, flexible textile materials, of various shapes and unpredictable sizes, prone to tangling. Similarly, the design and layout of the conveyor belts, hoppers and chutes need to be designed to avoid tangling of long pieces of fabric.”

The TOMRA NIR (Near Infrared) sorting technology is also key to the process and capable of recognizing and differentiating various types of textiles in a first step. A second optical sorter is added for further cleaning of impurities.

Towards a textile circular economy

As the textile industry is moving towards a circular economy, driven by public opinion and legislation, the demand for textile sorting equipment is set to grow at an accelerated pace. STADLER has already seen an increase in interest for textile sorting plants and has been approached by companies in the recycling sector. “At STADLER we are seeing many interested parties who would like to visit the textile sorting plant we designed and built in Malmö,” comments Annika Ludes.

STADLER is uniquely well placed to meet this new demand, bringing to the table its extensive know-how in the design and construction of sorting plants and the specific experience it has acquired through the SIPTex project, as well as the expertise of its technological partners such as TOMRA. With its holistic approach, it is able to develop complete solutions tailored to the requirements of the individual customers.

https://www.textileworld.com/textile-world/2023/04/textile-recycling-the-sorting-challenge/
Rect Angel
11.04.2023 kl 22:01 7187

Protofanousi chooses Icoel-Tomra technologies

A single plant to differentiate the kiwi offer

April 11, 2023

PROTOPHANOUSI FRUIT SA, better known as PROTO, is a leading historical reality in Greece and throughout Europe with the primacy for the largest European kiwi production that this year has chosen the combination ICOEL- TOMRA to renew its production line.

“ We found ourselves in the position where we needed to update our infrastructure to keep us in line with our customers' requests, offering them the best quality they are used to when choosing PROTO ” products.

So Nick Pardalis, Quality Ensurance Manager of Protofanousi Fruit SA commented on the choice to invest in a new fully automated kiwi plant, based on the latest technologies for calibrating and packaging fruit. He goes on to explain: “we decided to pack our fruits immediately, working live and having the possibility of pre-calibrating at the same time. ICOEL is TOMRA they gave us the opportunity to use this hybrid packaging system that allows us to satisfy the multiple requests of consumers and pre-calibrate the unsolicited product at that time ”.

The main objective of the project was to ensure a system as flexible as it is delicate, without however compromising the processing speed; therefore, the system was designed with 2 independent power supplies connected to a calibrator TOMRA 12 channels.

Taking advantage of SPECTRIM technology for the most specific classification of fruit and the versatility of the multipack packaging bench, the latest technology born in the ICOEL house, capable of adapting quickly to production changes, the season is being better addressed, achieving the goal of facilitating and speeding up packaging for an increasingly heterogeneous and demanding audience of customers.
Pardalis concluded by stressing that ICOEL and TOMRA made the difference, which gave PROTO technicians the opportunity to have full knowledge of the strengths of the new automation so as to make the most of its advantages.

Attention to customer needs was considered by the company as a great added value that opened the doors to new collaborations.

Source: PROTOPANOUSI FRUIT SA press office

https://www.italiafruit.net/protofanousi-sceglie-le-tecnologie-icoel-tomra
Rect Angel
10.04.2023 kl 20:11 7228

Tomra-kunde innen resirkulering ekspanderer i Mexico og Brasil.

Central Mexico PET plant to add third line

Published: April 4, 2023
Updated: April 4, 2023
by Marissa Heffernan

https://resource-recycling.com/plastics/2023/04/04/central-mexico-pet-plant-to-add-third-line/

04/05/2023

Hyundai integrates circular economy hub in Brazil

São Paulo – Hyundai has joined Hub-EC, the Circular Economy Hub Brazil, the first in Latin America that seeks to unite companies from different segments and sizes committed to the circular transition. The company, headquartered in Piracicaba, SP, is the first in the automotive sector to be part of the hub, which has members such as Gerdau, Electrolux, Tomra, Covestro, Plastiweber and Wise Plástico.

https://www.autodata.com.br/curtas-algo-mais/2023/04/05/hyundai-integra-hub-de-economia-circular-no-brasil/53960/

POLLUTION SOLUTIONS

4 Smart Waste Management Solutions That Are Revolutionising the Industry

CRISIS - POLLUTION CRISES BY SUCHITA DEY GLOBAL COMMONS APR 6TH 2023
7 MINS
The Louisville, Colorado-based company Amp Robotics is creating gear and software that uses image analysis to sort recyclables with far higher accuracy and recovery rates than common for conventional systems. 

Similar efforts are being made by Bulk Handling Systems, Machinex, and Tomra as well as other businesses to automate recycling processes using AI and robots. There are currently hundreds of waste-sorting facilities using the technology all around the world. By preventing recyclables from ending up in landfills and making them easier to reprocess and reuse, expanding their use will reduce waste and benefit the environment.

https://earth.org/smart-waste-management/

Industry: EU targets for packaging recycling are „ major challenge “

From: Valentina Romano | EURACTIV.com | translated by Luka Krauss
April 6 2023
Waste collection and sorting is currently still inconsistent in the EU and significant investments are needed to expand the infrastructure, said Wolfgang Ringel of TOMRA, a Norwegian collection and recycling company.

„ We have some really large sorting systems, but we also have smaller ones that do not have the capacity to deliver the required result, so that's a big challenge “, says Ringel.

https://www.euractiv.de/section/energie-und-umwelt/news/industrie-eu-ziele-fuer-verpackungsrecycling-seien-grosse-herausforderung/

Til slutt i kveld, litt feelgood.

Bottle drive will support Honor Flight

by Jason Gabak
April 7, 2023

DESTINY USA is teaming up with TOMRA, one of the world’s most accomplished bottle and can recyclers, to launch a massive bottle and can drive the weekend of April 15 and 16, benefiting Honor Flight Syracuse and the veterans it proudly honors throughout Central New York.

The funds raised will support Honor Flight Syracuse and its ongoing mission to fly as many Central New York veterans as possible at no cost to Washington, DC to experience the war memorials built in honor of them and their service.

DESTINY USA is hosting the big bottle and can drop-off weekend, Saturday, April 15 and Sunday, April 16, from 9 to 5 p.m. each day, with easy access and drop off in their parking lot at the corner of Solar Street and Hiawatha Boulevard. All individuals donating bottles and cans on these days will receive a Destiny USA Passport of Savings, full of exclusive savings, deals and discounts to use at participating shopping, dining and entertainment venues.

“By the simple task collecting bottles and cans and bringing them to our collection site on drop-off day, you will help support Honor Flight Syracuse and veterans throughout our region,” said Stephen Nee, recently retired executive vice president, TOMRA. “We’re so incredibly grateful to all of our employees and our customers for helping us in these efforts, which remains very personal to me and is such an important endeavor on so many levels.”

“Nothing is more important than showing our deep appreciation for the service and sacrifice of the veterans we serve throughout Central New York,” said Kevin Bradley, president of Honor Flight Syracuse. “We are so honored and grateful to have TOMRA and Destiny USA support our efforts in raising awareness and donations for Honor Flight Syracuse and our veterans, as we  continue our mission of flying them to Washington, DC to receive the honor and recognition they so rightfully deserve.”

If you can’t make it to DESTINY USA to donate your bottles and cans, TOMRA will accept them  through Monday, April 17 at its various Bottle and Can Retrieval Centers in the Syracuse area, including those located at: 6222 Thompson Road, Syracuse, 2204 Brewerton Road, Syracuse, 6194 Route 31 Unit 2, Cicero, 224 Chapel Drive, Syracuse, 1833 Teal Ave., Syracuse and 202 W. Seneca, Manlius

https://eaglenewsonline.com/new/2023/04/07/bottle-drive-will-support-honor-flight/
Redigert 10.04.2023 kl 20:12 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
04.04.2023 kl 22:56 7302

News, Technology

Tomra Mining streamlines data

TIMOTHY BOND 3 hours ago

Tomra Mining has released a new e-book detailing how mining companies can efficiently produce high-quality products with maximum control and minimum waste.  

The benefits of data-driven quality control, which is free to download, details how mining operations can benefit from using connected sorters such as Tomra Insight is a cloud-based platform which offers users a single secure, near real-time monitoring program for every sorting line wherever and whenever its needed.  

Tomra Insight is available to Tomra Mining machine users through a subscription-based service. 

Tomra Mining has designed and manufactured sensor-based sorting technologies for the global mineral processing and mining industries for over 50 years. According to the company, its book will help to guide mining operators in gathering and monitoring relevant data from connected devices to ensure output quality is maximised.  

Tomra Mining said that every sensor within the sorters is a valuable source of information about the products that pass through it.  

“Mining processors are able to continuously monitor and optimise the sorting line’s output quality,” the company said.  

“On-site observation, manual sampling and time-consuming reporting and communication become a thing of the past: the sorter itself provides a constant feed of information based on continuous product sampling on every object.” 

The collected data can be automatically recorded and remotely accessible on any electronic device. The information can also be streamlined and shared among various people on a site, making it easier for workers to collaborate on the work.  

“A modern sorting data platform can be a powerful quality-management tool by turning the data into actionable information by processing, enriching and visualising it in easy-to-read graphs, creating customised reports and comparisons that provide valuable insights,” Tomra Mining said. 

“All these features enable mineral processors to optimise their decision-making and efficiency, ultimately increasing the profitability of their operation.”  

https://www.australianmining.com.au/tomra-mining-streamlines-data/
Rect Angel
03.04.2023 kl 22:05 7541

TOMRA Talks Nuts

TOMRA and Borrell analyze in Alicante the situation of the almond and pistachio sector

04/03/2023

The first TOMRA Talks Nuts was held at the Hotel La Sella Golf Resort ( Denia, Alicante ) and brought together a wide representation of the nuts sector, mainly from almond and pistachio. The program hosted talks, presentations and demonstrations at the factory of Borrell, official agent of TOMRA Food for nuts in Spain and Portugal for 12 years.

“ For us, this TOMRA Talks has definitely been a round act. We have worked on it for more than 4 months and with Borrell's unbeatable help we have exceeded our expectations. The companies showed a lot of interest from the beginning and in total we have managed to gather more than 65 people together with 12 of our team ”, says Alejandro Palacios, Regional Director of Sales for Southern Europe at TOMRA Processed Food, part of TOMRA Food.

For his part, Charles Boddy, Director of Sales at Borrell, highlights the numerous added values of this type of event: “ There are many advantages that make these types of events worthwhile: they allow end customers, both TOMRA and Borrell, to feel closer to us; it is also a way of thanking you for your loyalty; it undoubtedly delves into the technical aspect and the comprehensive solutions we offer; and of course, It is a unique opportunity for all customers from the same sector to meet in the same place. All this enhances the union of TOMRA and Borrell. Together we put a quality seal ”.

“ The entire sector was represented in this act and we have large companies in the almond, pistachio, carob and tigernut sector that shared experiences and ways of working ”, says Alejandro Palacios.

https://www.interempresas.net/Horticola/Articulos/471725-TOMRA-y-Borrell-analizan-en-Alicante-la-situacion-del-sector-de-almendro-y-pistacho.html

News

April 3, 2023

Netherlands introduces deposit return system for beverage cans

Aluminum and steel drink cans’ collection points include supermarkets and staffed petrol stations.

Reverse vending machines provider TOMRA has announced the expansion of the Netherlands’ existing deposit return scheme.

https://www.packaging-gateway.com/news/netherlands-deposit-return-beverage-cans/
Rect Angel
02.04.2023 kl 21:45 7580

I går, 1.april, satte altså nederlenderne igang med også å pante bokser. Frem til nå har pantesystemet i Nederland kun omfattet plastflasker. Først store, så små og nå altså også bokser.

The Netherlands expands national deposit return system to include aluminium and steel beverage cans

31 MARCH 2023

From tomorrow, the Netherlands’ national deposit return system for the recycling of beverage containers will accept aluminium and steel cans in a bid to further stimulate a circular economy, TOMRA reports.

Since July 2022, the system has accepted small plastic bottles in an expansion of its original compatibility with large plastic bottles. Even so, Bright Vibes has estimated that 150 million beverage cans leak into the Dutch environment every year, with the pollution rates of aluminium cans said to have raised by 27% in 2020.

As such, the deposit return system, operated by Statiegeld Nederland, is expanding its capabilities to include all metal beverage containers of up to three litres in capacity from 1st April 2023. Consumers can pay an additional deposit of €0.15 when purchasing an eligible drink and will receive it as a refund when they return the packaging to a reverse vending machine at a collection point.

https://packagingeurope.com/the-netherlands-expands-national-deposit-return-system-to-include-aluminium-and-steel-beverage-cans/9618.article

IMPORTANT PHOTOSER. Lonely cans

Deposit on cans, from today. 

https://www.geenstijl.nl/5169861/belangrijke-fotoserie-eenzame-blikjes/

Sortering av tekstiler.

The challenge of sorting and recycling textiles

By Recycling Product News Staff
March 31, 2023
Automated sorting: the path to a textile circular economy 

STADLER is researching automated sensor-based solutions for textile sorting. In 2017, in partnership with TOMRA, it designed and built a small pilot project plant in Avesta, Sweden, in the second phase of the government-funded Swedish Innovation Platform for Textile Sorting (SIPTex) project, which aims to develop a sorting solution tailored to the needs of textile recyclers and the garment industry. This was followed in 2020 with the third phase of the project which is capable of achieving the purity and recovery required for recycling and reutilization. 

This facility, located in Malmö, processes pre-consumer waste from textile producers (clippings and rejects) and post-consumer waste, which consists of clothing and household textiles, and may contain non-textile parts such as buttons and zippers. The material is delivered in bales weighing from 350 to 500 kilograms and is sorted whole. The plant has the capacity to process up to 4.5 tonnes/hour in one line. 

The textile sorting process

The process developed by STADLER, with the cooperation of TOMRA in the SIPTex project, starts with the waste textiles entering the plant in batches, dosed, and fed by conveyor belts into four sensor-based TOMRA AUTOSORT units. 

"Because of the nature of the textile material fed into the plant, the feeding system and dosing are very important to the success of the sorting process," explains Dr. Bastian Küppers, engineer for digital business development at STADLER. "The STADLER dosing drum features mechanical components specially designed to handle the soft, flexible textile materials, of various shapes and unpredictable sizes, prone to tangling. Similarly, the design and layout of the conveyor belts, hoppers, and chutes need to be designed to avoid tangling of long pieces of fabric."

The TOMRA NIR (near infrared) sorting technology is also key to the process and capable of recognizing and differentiating various types of textiles in a first step. A second optical sorter is added for further cleaning of impurities. 

Towards a textile circular economy

As the textile industry is moving towards a circular economy, driven by public opinion and legislation, the demand for textile sorting equipment is set to grow at an accelerated pace. STADLER has already seen an increase in textile sorting plant interest and has been approached by companies in the recycling sector. "At STADLER we are seeing many interested parties who would like to visit the textile sorting plant we designed and built in Malmö," comments Annika Ludes.

STADLER brings its experience to the table in the design and construction of sorting plants it has acquired through the SIPTex project, as well as the expertise of its technology partners such as TOMRA. With its approach, it is able to develop solutions tailored to the requirements of individual recyclers.

https://www.recyclingproductnews.com/article/40106/the-challenge-of-sorting-and-recycling-textiles

Økende automatisering innen matvareproduksjonen. Betraktninger fra Tomra hvis man åpner link og leser artikkel.

Towards increasingly automated production

In times when the demand for healthy foods increases, produce fruits and vegetables facing labor shortages and their rising cost, in the most efficient way, is the challenge. The incorporation of technology and robotics at different points in the production chain, and its development towards solving new needs every time, become great allies to achieve it...

By Agrositio. 03/31/2023 | 10:03

https://www.agrositio.com.ar/noticia/228258-hacia-una-produccion-cada-vez-mas-automatizada

https://www.agrositio.com.ar/noticia/228258-hacia-una-produccion-cada-vez-mas-automatizada
Rect Angel
30.03.2023 kl 21:59 7943

Frozen vegetable producer Douyuan Food Co. increases capacity and product quality with TOMRA sorters

By Staff Reporter
March 30, 2023

Processing many different types of frozen vegetables, this Chinese business has doubled efficiency and increased productivity by adopting two optical sorters, including the laser-equipped TOMRA 5B.

Douyuan Food Co. is a successful vegetable processor whose operations integrate research, development, production, and sales. Established in 2000 and now a major player in the agriculture industry in ‘China’s Shandong Province, the company first switched from sorting processed vegetables manually to mechanically in 2014.

Appreciating the advanced capabilities of its automated optical sorting machine from TOMRA Food – and the operational advantages and economic benefits this brings – Douyuan Food Co. recently invested in a second TOMRA sorter to expand production capacity. Both Douyuan and TOMRA are committed to long-term cooperation.
Zhao Piyou, President Douyuan Food Co., commented: “TOMRA’s equipment has obvious advantages in vegetable sorting, achieving large output and clean removal of foreign materials. The TOMRA 5 B’s advanced design is also in line with food industry hygiene standards and is easy to clean.
Zhao Piyoui said: “TOMRA only provides us with sophisticated and consistent sorting solutions and fast and professional technical support – but more importantly, TOMRA values our demands and customizes solutions that address our current challenges while also meeting our future plans.”

https://farmersreviewafrica.com/frozen-vegetable-producer-douyuan-food-co-increases-capacity-and-product-quality-with-tomra-sorters/

Demand for aluminum and plastic will grow in industries in Querétaro

Stephanie Gonzalez | 03-29-2023

Julio Cesar Barrientos, sales director of the transnational TOMRA Recycling Sorting in Mexico and Latin America, declared that our country and regions such as the Bajío have evolved betting on new technologies that support the recycling of metals and other products.

He exemplified that the country has the largest recycling plant in the world for plastics in the State of Mexico , as well as various metal recyclers in the bajio and north of the country.

In terms of industrial parks in the Bajío region , he noted that the technologies and machinery must be very adaptable and even be advisors for the recovery of urban and industrial waste; both in the markets of plastics, metal, urban waste, etc.

"We have large clients in the shoal - for which names are not given due to industrial secrecy - there is a boom in plastic and its recycling, since it has a new value and is essential in the industry in sectors such as logistics and the medical sector."

He added that they have metal works in the lowlands, in the automotive and aeronautical sectors in regions such as Querétaro. "This reality allows double-digit growth in the placement of new technologies in this region of the country."

"In the case of Querétaro, we have to highlight that the need for aluminum and plastics treated based on recycling is growing a lot in its plants in the automotive sectors that demand these elements a lot and that a great investment and work is needed to be recycled" said the business manager.

It is worth mentioning that this company is a pioneer in applications and its technologies are derived from an investment of 8 percent of its profits in research and development.

According to INEGI, the percentage of circularity in its economy and recycled products in Mexico is 15.14 percent and, to increase this figure, the management of the 102,895 tons of solid urban waste that is generated daily must be a priority, given that only 83.93 percent is collected and of them, only 9.63 percent is recycled.

However, the national recycling market is worth more than 3 billion dollars and is made up, to date, of 4,528 recycling companies, 284 that reuse, 121 that recover and 71 that reduce and repair, which represents an encouraging outlook for the increase of a circular model in the country.

For this reason, the company TOMRA Recycling Sorting, said that it discloses the importance of using new technology for the recycling of metals and other items in large generation sites such as industrial parks.

He exemplified the Autosort technology case to show his multifunctional sorting system capable of recovering a wide spectrum of valuable fragments from different waste streams.

Autosort combines cutting-edge technologies to achieve unparalleled levels of performance and purity. It incorporates a future-proof solution that can be adapted to meet the changing needs of businesses and end markets with cutting-edge technologies such as deep learning, and lasers plus NIR and VIS technology to further enhance your sorting capabilities.

Among the elements to be recycled with great force are metals, such as aluminum, one of the recycling materials in Mexico that is reused. The 788,981 tons of electronic waste generated correspond to metals such as copper, iron, gold, and silver, whose recovery represents an economic potential of more than 1,300 million pesos.

The annual production of aluminum in Mexico is 1.5 million metric tons, which represents 1.6 percent of world manufacturing, which is estimated at 92 million metric tons each year, according to data from the United States Confederation of Industrial Chambers. Mexicans (Concamin).

https://amqueretaro.com/queretaro/2023/03/29/crece-demanda-de-uso-de-elementos-reciclados-en-el-bajio/