Tomra Systems - nyheter

Rect Angel
TOM 29.12.2022 kl 00:30 75699

Slik jeg ser det, er Tomra Systems et fantastisk, grønt teknologiselskap. Globalt ledende og perfekt rigget for å betjene sterkt økende etterspørsel innen alle selskapets forretningsområder, i tiår fremover. Velger å starte denne tråden på forumet for 'Grønne aksjer'.

Har benyttet kursfallet den senere tid til å ta en posisjon i Tomra Systems. Dette fordi jeg er av den oppfatning at man skal lete lenge etter et mer opplagt langsiktig investeringsobjekt. Best mulig kurs er selvsagt å foretrekke, men er ikke så veldig opptatt av kortsiktige bevegelser i aksjekursen. Hensikten med denne trådstarten er primært å poste noen lenker av og til, til nyheter jeg måtte komme over som følge av at jeg er interessert i hva som skjer i og rundt selskapet (*). Bare hos Nordnet er det 7 819 aksjeieiere i Tomra Systems, ifølge megleren. Så selv om det er 'helt stille' rundt selskapet her på forumet, tenker jeg likevel at det kan være et visst 'marked' for litt nytt, en gang i blant.

Quick-change MRF

Santa Barbara County’s Resource Center sorts MSW and single-stream recyclables using the same circuit with Tomra Autosort units to reduce landfilling.

December 28, 2022
Rick Zettler

https://www.recyclingtoday.com/article/santa-barbara-county-resource-center-processes-msw-and-single-stream-recyclables/

* Hvis artikler er på et annet språk enn engelsk eller norsk, gjengis overskriftene oversatt til engelsk mens lenken er til artikkelen på originalspråk slik at man selv kan velge hvilket språk man eventuelt ønsker å oversette artikkelen til
Redigert 05.10.2023 kl 22:45 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
26.04.2024 kl 10:12 4250

Midlertidige svakere 'conversion rates' innen Recycling og Food, forsøkes blåst opp som 'en overraskelse', men dette var guidet av ledelsen allerede ved forrige kvartalspresentasjon i februar i år.

Selskapets fremtidsutsikter er strålende, ifølge CEO Tove Andersen:

"Looking ahead, we have a record high order backlog to deliver on in Recycling and Food combined, new DRS markets that have announced commencements in late 2024 and early 2025, and an exciting new technology portfolio to offer our customers in all three divisions. We are also pleased to announce two significant offtake agreements for TOMRA Feedstock with OMV and Borealis, to supply them with a stable flow of material for their recycling processes. This demonstrates the opportunities that lie ahead of us when industry leaders come together. Combined with a political will in the EU to adopt new legislation for increased circularity, important steps are being taken to enable a world without waste - in line with our mission at TOMRA to transform how we obtain, use and reuse our world's resources."

Tomra Systems ASA: TOMRA: 1Q 2024 - Strong quarter in Collection; Recycling and Food profitability impacted by low volumes

I dag kl. 07:00 ∙ Cision

TOMRA, the global technology leader in sensor-based solutions for optimal resource productivity, announces its financial results for the first quarter of 2024.

Revenues for the Group amounted to 3,322 MNOK in the quarter, in line with the first quarter last year. Collection delivered strong revenues of 2,153 MNOK, an increase of 15% (currency adjusted). In Recycling, revenues declined 16% (currency adjusted) to 529 MNOK. This is in line with the estimated backlog conversion ratio for the quarter which is impacted by a higher share of large projects with longer lead times. In Food, revenues were impacted by seasonal variation in combination with a soft order intake in the third quarter 2023 and declined 15% (currency adjusted) to 688 MNOK.

The combination of low backlog conversion and solid order intake of 881 MNOK and 924 MNOK for Recycling and Food respectively in the quarter has resulted in a record high order backlog of 2,839 MNOK for the two divisions combined.

Gross margins for TOMRA Group ended at 40% in the quarter, in line with the margin in the first quarter last year. Gross margin improvements in Collection from 38% to 40% were offset by a lower margin in Recycling due to lower volumes. The gross margin in Recycling declined to 48% from 51% compared to last year while it was unchanged in Food at 37%.

Operating expenses in the quarter were 1,157 MNOK, which is in line with the fourth quarter last year. This excludes one-off costs of 18 MNOK in the quarter which relate to the ongoing cost reduction program in Food.

EBITA, adjusted for one-off costs, amounted to 176 MNOK in the first quarter, which is a decrease from 277 MNOK last year.

Earnings per share excluding one-off costs amounted to 0.10 NOK in the first quarter, compared to 0.42 NOK last year.

Highlights 1Q 2024 (all growth figures are from the first quarter last year and adjusted for currency if not otherwise stated)

Revenues amounted to 3,322 MNOK in TOMRA Group, in line with last year

Revenue growth of 15% in Collection, but down 16% in Recycling and down 15% in Food

Gross margin of 40.1%, in line with last year's 40.2%

Operating expenses of 1,157 MNOK, adjusted for 18 MNOK in one-off costs related to the Food restructuring program, in line with the level in the previous quarter

EBITA was 176 MNOK adjusted for food restructuring costs, and 158 MNOK including these costs

Cash flow from operations was 228 MNOK

Recycling order intake declined 12% while the backlog increased 9% to 1,459 MNOK - its highest level on record

Food order intake declined 12% while the backlog increased 8% to 1,380 MNOK- its second highest level on record

Tove Andersen, President and CEO of TOMRA Systems ASA comments:

"The first quarter was another strong quarter for our Collection division with continued high activity in new deposit return scheme (DRS) markets including Romania, Victoria (AUS), Hungary, and Ireland. We are also experiencing a lot of customer interest for our new reverse vending machines (RVMs) - the R2 multi-feed machine and the RollPac backroom solution - which we believe will set a new standard in the market. In Recycling and Food, revenues came in low as estimated by the backlog conversion ratio, which resulted in low profitability in the quarter and an EBITA margin of 5% for the Group.

Looking ahead, we have a record high order backlog to deliver on in Recycling and Food combined, new DRS markets that have announced commencements in late 2024 and early 2025, and an exciting new technology portfolio to offer our customers in all three divisions. We are also pleased to announce two significant offtake agreements for TOMRA Feedstock with OMV and Borealis, to supply them with a stable flow of material for their recycling processes. This demonstrates the opportunities that lie ahead of us when industry leaders come together. Combined with a political will in the EU to adopt new legislation for increased circularity, important steps are being taken to enable a world without waste - in line with our mission at TOMRA to transform how we obtain, use and reuse our world's resources."

https://www.nordnet.no/market/news/fbbae9e5-5067-4c3d-9550-6f19e4695346?isNnxNews=true
Rect Angel
26.04.2024 kl 18:29 4213

Har allerede påpekt dette i foregående innlegg på tråden og artikkel ligger dessuten skjult bak betalingsmur, men poster ingressen med konsernsjefens egne ord her så det er dokumentert svart på hvitt, 'for the record'.

Dette altså fordi flere analytikere i dag fremstår som overrasket over at Tomra i dag presenterte et kvartal på linje med det konsernsjefen og CFO guidet og kommuniserte om Q1 2024 allerede i februar i år, under fremleggelsen av Q4 2023.

Markedet tatt på sengen av «ventet resultat»
Panteselskapet leverte et resultat som var 35 prosent svakere enn analytikernes estimater. – Som ventet og kommunisert, sier konsernsjefen.

Publisert 26. apr. 2024 kl. 15.56

https://www.finansavisen.no/industri/2024/04/26/8124109/markedet-tatt-pa-sengen-av-ventet-resultat
Redigert 26.04.2024 kl 19:13 Du må logge inn for å svare
S Invest
26.04.2024 kl 20:50 4173

Hva har han sagt om Q2 osv.
Rect Angel
26.04.2024 kl 21:18 4196

HUN, CEO Tove Andersen.

Jeg har ikke fått sett presentasjonen ennå, men se meldingen gjengitt i innlegg i dag kl 10:12 her på denne tråden.

Man fremstår som veldig upbeat når det gjelder fremtidsutsiktene over hele linja, spør du meg.

Og veldig interessant og spennede at Tomras nye divisjon Tomra Horizon allerede ser ut til å ha inngått en kjempeavtale! Skal forsyne kjempen OMW og Borealis med høykvalitets, resirkulert plast. Så der begynner en helt ny form for inntektsstrøm å flyte inn i Tomras kasse... 👍
Redigert 27.04.2024 kl 23:32 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
28.04.2024 kl 20:49 4079

Tomra Collection Solutions i veldig kraftig medvind. En medvind som bare kommer til å øke i styrke i overskuelig fremtid.

Tomra om EU-krav: Kan bli nødvendig å bytte ut pantemaskiner

EUs pantekrav kan føre til mer glassflasker. Det kan ikke dagens pantemaskiner håndtere.

Hans M. Jordheim
Publisert: I dag 15:31

Onsdag denne uken kom EU-parlamentet til et vedtak om ny emballasjeforordning. Målet er å redusere mengden avfall i unionen. Blant annet foreslås krav om ombruk på drikkevareemballasje.

I Norge i dag er det ikke ombruk. Når PET-flasker og aluminiumsbokser pantes, blir materialet brukt til å produsere nye.

Skal man ha ombruk, må man bruke andre typer emballasje, som glassflasker og tykkere plastflasker.

Bryggeri- og handelsbransjen er sterke kritikere. Det norske pantesystemet er bedre for miljøet, mener de. I tillegg vil det kreve store investeringer å innfri kravene.

Det norske verdensledende panteselskapet Tomra bekrefter at kravene kan bety at dagens maskiner må byttes ut eller oppgraderes.
Inntektsmulighet

Tomra står bak mer enn 80.000 panteautomater verden over. Da EU i mars kom til politisk enighet om emballasjeforordningen, skjøt selskapet fart på Oslo Børs.

– Hvis norske butikker må bytte ut panteautomatene sine, er vel det en inntektsmulighet for dere?

– Ja, det er det. Vi har en portefølje med maskiner som kan håndtere både éngangsemballasje og gjenbruk. Men til syvende og sist er vi opptatt av at man har de mest miljøvennlige løsningene.

I land som ikke har et like godt pantesystem som Norge, er det lite tvil om at EU-kravene vil kunne gi positive miljøeffekter.

– Totalt sett er vi veldig positive til denne lovgivningen. Den har mange gode målsetninger for å øke sirkularitet for et bredt spekter av emballasje og materialer. Vi mener dette er et tydelig skritt i riktig retning.

https://e24.no/boers-og-finans/i/vgmOw4/tomra-om-eu-krav-kan-bli-noedvendig-aa-bytte-ut-pantemaskiner
Rect Angel
30.04.2024 kl 13:20 3987

Tomra er altså i gang med en pilot i Aarhus kommune hvor der er innført pantordning for takeaway-kaffekopper som kan pantes på strategisk plasserte Tomra-automater rundt omkring i bybildet. Piloten følges nøye av mange europeiske storbyer, sier Tomra.

Og nå vil borgermesterene i Danmarks 3 største byer allerede gå veldig mye lenger og innføre et pantesystem, som for plastflasker og bokser, også for takeaway-emballasje, og man har skrevet et felles brev til den danske miljøvernministeren om dette (takk til Marnarking på Nordnets Shareville for link).

Det meste taler for at trykket bare kommer til å øke når det gjelder krav om gjenbruks- eller resirkuleringsløsninger på alle områder, og ingen er posisjonert som Tomra når det gjelder å profittere på det.

Storby-borgmestre til regeringen: Indfør pant på takeaway-emballage 

Det skal være lige så let at genbruge sin pizzapakke eller to-go-kop, som det er at gøre det med sin sodavandsflaske eller øldåse, mener flere borgmestre.

AF
Lukas Klarlund
Søren Albert Bach Christensen
I DAG KL. 06:00

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/storby-borgmestre-til-regeringen-indfoer-pant-paa-takeaway-emballage
Redigert 30.04.2024 kl 14:41 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
02.05.2024 kl 10:22 3914

Date/time 02.05.2024, 10:00:11
MessageID617487
IssuerID TOM

MarketOslo Børs

TOMRA: Invitation to Capital Markets Day 2024

Join us for a day of strategic insights and experience our technology live at TOMRA's Capital Markets Day TOMRA invites investors, analysts, and all stakeholders to join us on 5 September 2024 in Alicante, Spain for a unique opportunity to hear directly from TOMRA's management how we aim to create value for customers, shareholders, and society for generations to come by accelerating growth in our three divisions - Collection, Recycling, and Food - and in parallel develop profitable adjacent business activities through TOMRA Horizon. The day will start with presentations by TOMRA's executive management, followed by an exclusive chance to experience our Food technology live in action at a customer site. Participants will also have the opportunity to engage directly with representatives from TOMRA's management team in smaller breakout meetings.

Date: 5 September 2024 Time: 08:00 - 17:00 CEST (est.) Location: AC Hotel Alicante, Spain

Registration is required and more information is available on: https://circular -economy.tomra.com/capital-markets-day-2024

Asker, 2 May 2024

TOMRA Systems ASA

For further information, please contact:

Daniel Sundahl, Head of Investor Relations Tel: +47 91 36 18 99

TOMRA develops solutions that enable circular economies and optimal resource productivity through automated identification, collection, grading, and sorting of resources. We optimize how resources are obtained, used, and reused - turning waste into valuable resources. Our vision is to lead the resource revolution and enable a world without waste.

TOMRA has more than 110,000 installations in over 100 markets worldwide and had total revenues of NOK 14.8 billion in 2023. The Group employs 5,400 people globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM). For further information about TOMRA, please visit www.TOMRA.com

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/617487
Rect Angel
07.05.2024 kl 11:37 3773

Suksess. Nok et stort gjennombrudd. Resirkulering av takeaway-emballasje.

News

SCS, Tomra, Krones test new recycling process for XPS food trays  

The demonstration helped in validating the technical capability and industrial viability of the new recycling process.

May 6, 2024

Styrenics Circular Solutions (SCS), a joint initiative to realise styrenics circular economy, has announced the successful demonstration of a mechanical recycling process for XPS food trays. 

This demonstration was performed in collaboration with German packaging and bottling company Krones and Norwegian company Tomra.  

SCS said that the latest recycling demonstration is based on the purity mechanical recycling process created for yoghurt pots.  

SCS secretary general Jens Kathmann said: “Next to yoghurt pots, XPS food trays play an important role among polystyrene packaging formats in the circular economy.  

“They can become recycled content in many general purpose polystyrene applications, such as housewares, appliances and insulation.” 

As part of this demonstration, Tomra first utilised a ‘deep sorting’ technique to separate pure form of XPS feedstock from mixed polystyrene (PS) packaging waste, which was collected from households, to further create a pure XPS feedstock.  

Krones then processed this feedstock material through shredding, hot washing, dewatering, as well as drying.  

According to SCS, this test run helped in validating the technical capability of the process, while also proving its industrial viability, which indicates that it can be executed at typical recycling capacities. 

The effort also showcased the potential for competitive, large-scale recycling with efficient energy and water usage. 

The new recycling process enhances the circularity of XPS trays, which are already known for their effectiveness in ensuring both safety of food and their life cycle assessment.  

To further improve the recycling yield and quality, SCS has introduced a design for recycling (DfR) guideline for XPS food trays, with most trays already complying with these standards. 

TOMRA Recycling executive vice president, head Dr Volker Rehrmann said: “Effective sorting of (post-consumer) material is essential in transitioning to a truly circular economy.  

“The ease with which polystyrene can be ‘deep sorted’ has continued to impress us since we established the sortability of its various types and formats, and this time confirmed for XPS trays.” 

In June last year, SCS submitted a new technology notification for recycled polystyrene under the new regulation of European Union. 

https://www.packaging-gateway.com/news/scs-recycling-xps-food-trays/?cf-view

TOMRA Expert Line. Pantesenter British Columbia, CANADA

CUSTOMER STORY
29 Apr 2024

Canadian General Grant’s Sahali Bottle Depot transforms their operations with the automated TOMRA Expert Line

British Columbia, Canada: General Grant’s is the first high-volume depot in British Columbia, Canada, to install an automated TOMRA Expert Line system for counting and sorting empty drink containers for recycling. This transformative technology has revolutionized their business, making operations safer, more efficient and enabling them to better track their performance.

https://www.tomra.com/en/reverse-vending/our-offering/customer-stories/general-grant-canada---tomra-expert-line

Suksesshistorie fra det nylig innførte pantesystemet i Irland.

Efficiency in action: Costcutter Windy Arbour in Dublin success with TOMRA M1

CUSTOMER STORY
29 Apr 2024

The store has truly increased efficiency and its contribution to recycling with the implementation of the TOMRA M1 to support Ireland’s new deposit return scheme (DRS) for drink containers. As a trial site, they embraced this initiative from the start, with the reverse vending system installed since September 5th, 2023.
Dublin, Ireland. Costcutter Windy Arbour, a 4500 square feet store located in Dundrum, a lively area in Dublin’s suburbs, chose the TOMRA M1 to streamline their recycling service to its customers.

Since the deposit return scheme went live in Ireland in February 2024, the store saw the number of drink containers returned to their store rise more than 350%, marking a significant contribution to recycling. “We've embraced the process. We've educated our team and educated our customers in turn,” says Aaron Massey, owner of the independent store.
TOMRA M1

Designed for convenience and small stores

Accepts cans, plastic bottles, and glass bottles

Footprint of 0,61m²

Up to 17 containers per minute 

https://www.tomra.com/en/reverse-vending/our-offering/customer-stories/costcutter-windy-arbour
Rect Angel
07.05.2024 kl 20:43 3717

Godt omen for den langsiktige.

9.april 2024 satt Topp 20 på 64,36% av aksjene. I siste publiserte aksjonæroversikt, datert 7.mai 2024, sitter Topp 20 på 65,94% av aksjene.

At de langsiktige aksjonærene på Topp 20 i løpet av under en måned har benyttet den senere tids kursnedgang til å øke med 4.68 millioner aksjer, lover godt.

Shareholders

https://www.tomra.com/en/investor-relations/share-information/shareholders
Redigert 07.05.2024 kl 20:44 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
08.05.2024 kl 18:27 3573

Tomra Mining

TOMRA’s XRT technology powered up by TOMRA Insight delivers big results at Mothae Diamonds in Lesotho

8th May 2024

The Mothae mine, located in the Maluti Mountains of Lesotho is known to produce large, high-value diamonds which command the second highest dollar per carat for kimberlite diamonds worldwide. The company relies on TOMRA’s XRT sorting technology and digital solutions – the TOMRA Insight platform and TOMRA ACT user interface – to recover large unbroken diamonds from the mine with high sorting efficiency and high throughput, while benefiting from lower operational costs.
When planning the recovery plant, Mothae turned to TOMRA Mining for a solution: “We wanted to recover large diamonds at the highest sorting efficiency with the highest throughput, and TOMRA met Mothae’s requirements with its modern and innovative technology,” says Macobone Semelane, Recovery Superintendent.

The recovery plant operates two TOMRA COM Tertiary XRT 1200 sorters: one for fines from 10mm to 20mm, and the other for coarse materials from 20mm to 45mm. The ore extracted from the mine is treated through primary crushing, scrubbing and screening, then transferred to the recovery area: “That’s where the TOMRA sorters separate diamonds from the ore,” explains Kothalo Matoli, Recovery Mechanician. “TOMRA sorters are the best of the best. With them, we are able to recover large diamonds prior to secondary and tertiary crushing, hugely reducing the risk of breakages, and our throughput is high, with 98% efficiency guaranteed.”

https://www.miningweekly.com/article/tomras-xrt-technology-powered-up-by-tomra-insight-delivers-big-results-at-mothae-diamonds-in-lesotho-2024-05-08-1

Tomra Food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGEWEilusRU

Efficiency and profitability in cherry packhouses with Tomra Lucai Deep Learning Technology

May 07 , 2024

https://www.freshfruitportal.com/news/2024/05/07/efficiency-and-profitability-in-cherry-packhouses-with-tomra-lucai-deep-learning-technology/
Redigert 08.05.2024 kl 18:32 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
09.05.2024 kl 21:36 3497

Hittil har ikke britene vært velsignet med en politisk styring som har evnet å gi dem pantesystemet størstedelen av befolkningen ønsker (kun 6% er imot). Etter manges mening har toryregjeringen lenge vært i overkant følsom for lobbyvirksomheten til motkrefter innen noen kretser. Kanskje har man heller ikke hatt antenner nok til å skjønne at denne sendrektigheten nå har bidratt til å gjøre dem upopulære. Men man får vel nesten tro at uansett hvem som vinner valget i England, bør man makte å ha et pantesystem oppe å gå i hele UK i 2027, som er den nye datoen for oppstart dagens regjering forkynte, for en stund siden.

Most people support UK-wide deposit return scheme, poll finds

Katrine Bussey, PA Scotland Political Editor

Thu, 9 May 2024 at 1:01 am GMT+2·2-min read

Three out of five people want a UK-wide deposit return scheme (DRS) to be set up, while less than a quarter favour different initiatives being established in the four nations of the UK.

A poll found that across the UK, 75% of people back the introduction of DRS, with only 6% opposed to the measure.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/most-people-support-uk-wide-230100016.html
Redigert 09.05.2024 kl 22:57 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
13.05.2024 kl 21:35 3293

Tomra Collection Solutions

Nok en pris til TOMRA RollPac

TOMRA’S NEW BACKROOM STORAGE SOLUTION WINS SECOND INTERNATIONAL AWARD FOR DESIGN

TOMRA RollPac reverse vending backroom wins prestigious Red Dot design award 

13 May 2024

"Winning both the iF and Red Dot design awards underscores our commitment to innovation, pushing boundaries, and crafting solutions that anticipate future needs. This success is a testament to our development team’s ability to maintain our integrity towards our design intention."

TOMRA Collection’s innovative new reverse vending backroom solution, TOMRA RollPac, has won the 2024 Red Dot Design Award product design. The international awards for product and industrial design and design concepts are a recognized international seal of excellence for design innovation and leadership. TOMRA RollPac won in the category of product design. 

The award comes hot on the heels of TOMRA RollPac’s win at the 2024 iF DESIGN AWARD, where it received recognition as an efficient solution and great user experience that seeks to understand and solve the needs of retail customers.

TOMRA RollPac is the company’s most compact backroom system for storing drink containers for recycling, and the first backroom solution to take storage vertical – adding height to cabinets for retailers seeking space-efficient solutions. TOMRA RollPac is also TOMRA’s first backroom solution designed for roller cage load carriers, the logistics format preferred by supermarkets in several European countries.

The Red Dot Design award is one of the most internationally recognized awards within product design, dating back to 1954. Among numerous submissions from companies and design studios from all over the world, the Red Dot Design Award truly is described as "one of the most sought-after marks of quality for good design". 

“With more regions offering deposit return systems, it is vital to offer and continually improve our product portfolio to meet the needs of new locations. TOMRA RollPac strives in its design to meet the evolving needs of our retail customers and make their workday easier,” Anders Ertsås, Industrial Designer at TOMRA Collection. 
TOMRA previously won the Red Dot Design Award in 2012, for its TOMRA MultiPac reverse vending backroom solution. 

Join us in celebrating this achievement! A special thank-you as well to our friends at EGGS, Part of Sopra Steria Design, who supported our design team as a great design partner. 

https://www.tomra.com/en/reverse-vending/media-center/news/2024/rollpac-red-dot-design-award

Redigert 13.05.2024 kl 21:46 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
14.05.2024 kl 15:28 3212

Det nye pantesystemet i Irland. 'Turbocharging' pågår.

Hvor pinlig er ikke dette for toryregjeringen i Westminster som har latt seg 'lure' av lobbyvirksomheten til særinteresser og slept beinene etter seg i årevis, nå fått den altoverveiende delen av folkemeningen mot seg samtidig som man skal sitte og se på den irske suksessen helt til britenes eget system først er oppe og går i 2027...

News Money

BIG RETURNS 

‘Record-breaking day’ for Irish deposit return scheme as over 3 million containers given back & numbers ‘rising’

The scheme has hit a milestone with over 100m containers returned since its launch on February 1

Isabela Boechat
Published: 12:13, 14 May 2024
Updated: 12:14, 14 May 2024

The average daily returns surpassed 2.37 million in May as return rates continue to increase, with over 3 million cans and plastic bottles "record-breaking" returns on Sunday, May 12.
Over 8.1 million drink containers were returned from May 10 to Sunday 12, and the week of May 5-11 recorded the highest level of participation to date with 16.7 million returns. 

This marks a dramatic increase from the scheme's early days when 2 million drinks containers were returned in the entire month of February.

https://www.thesun.ie/money/12962130/irish-deposit-return-scheme-record-breaking-return-day/
Redigert 14.05.2024 kl 15:30 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
15.05.2024 kl 20:00 3133

TOMRA Feedstock er en del av Tomras nye divisjon TOMRA Horizon.

The plastic dilemma: Is it recyclable or waste?

Knowing whether plastic packaging should be placed in the separate bin for plastic recycling or thrown into the mixed waste bin is not always easy. In fact, we throw away 50% of all discarded plastics in the mixed waste bin, which means it ends up either being incinerated or sent to landfill. Now, TOMRA will help recover this material and give it at least another life as feedstock for creating new plastic packaging.

15 May 2024 - 5 min

“In Europe alone, 24 million tons of plastics currently go to incineration, and 14 million tons to landfill. At the same time, demand for recycled plastics has never been higher – and is likely to increase in coming years. Consumer demand, recycling targets and higher cost of raw materials are all pointing in this direction.

At TOMRA Feedstock we are on a mission to build a circular plastic system, closing the gap between the massive amounts of plastics waste and the soaring demand for recycled plastic material. At the heart of this challenge is the need for sorting mixed-waste plastics into clean fractions that can be recycled into new material,” said Joachim N. Amland, Head of TOMRA Feedstock.

TOMRA Feedstock is a venture set up by TOMRA Group to explore solutions for circular plastics. To close the gap in plastics circularity, the internal startup is now entering into closer partnerships and collaborations with leading actors in the plastics value chain. TOMRA Feedstock is currently constructing two facilities for sorting plastics at scale, one in Germany and one in Norway.

Joining hands with OMV in Germany

Partnering with Plastretur to manage all of Norway’s plastic waste

Closing the circularity gap in plastics
The two TOMRA Feedstock facilities now being constructed will make a significant impact in closing the circularity gap for plastics in Europe, with a combined output capacity of 170,000 tons of plastic feedstock per annum.

https://www.tomra.com/en/news-and-media/feature-articles/the-plastic-dilemma
Redigert 15.05.2024 kl 20:00 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
16.05.2024 kl 23:27 2987

TOMRA Recycling

Mid Devon Advertiser

Tomra machine boosts Sackers's non-ferrous stream

Metal recycling specialist Sackers has invested in one of Tomra’s advanced sensor-based metals sorting machines for its 40 tonnes per hour site near Ipswich. 

The Finder unit enables the firm to recover and recycle mixed non-ferrous metals from a stream of automotive shredder residue.

David Dodds, Sackers’s chief commercial officer said: “Using the Finder unit enables us to recover as much valuable resource as possible and recycle higher volumes of material in a much more efficient and effective manner.

"We have created an additional, valuable waste stream as the 99% recovered material is further processed into mono metals.”

https://www.mrw.co.uk/news/news-round-up-may-2024-16-05-2024/

TOMRA Horizon

Goodwill hosts textile circularity event for Finger Lakes

May 16, 2024 12:00 PM / Updated: May 16, 2024 5:38 AM
Staff Report

This month, Goodwill Industries International (GII) convened leaders from the U.S., Canada, and Finland in Rochester for a two-day summit focused on advancing textile circularity. The event featured 60 Goodwill leaders and key partners from the textile recycling ecosystem, including Accelerating Circularity, TOMRA, Sortile, and researchers from the Rochester Institute of Technology.

Participants engaged in demonstrations of textile sorting, garment deconstruction, and recycling machinery. Local Goodwill organizations shared results from innovative recycling pilots, including a Walmart Foundation-funded project transforming unwearable donations into raw materials for textile recycling. This project, in collaboration with Accelerating Circularity, aims to establish regional hubs for sorting and preparing textiles for reuse.

https://www.fingerlakes1.com/2024/05/16/goodwill-hosts-textile-circularity-event-for-finger-lakes/

TOMRA Collection Solutions

Meadow Heights welcomes container deposit

16/05/2024

Since the scheme commenced on November 1, 2023, residents across Victoria have been collecting and recycling eligible drink bottles, cartons, and cans and returning them through CDS Vic refund points to receive 10 cents per item in return.

Located at the Meadow Heights Shopping Centre, 55 Paringa Boulevard, Meadow Heights, this is the 13th refund point installed in Hume. TOMRA Cleanaway currently has 170 deposit sites across the CDS Vic West Zone, with 180 refund points planned to be installed by August 2024 when the scheme is fully rolled out.

https://northern.starweekly.com.au/news/meadow-heights-welcomes-container-deposit/
Rect Angel
27.05.2024 kl 19:16 2765

Børsmelding. Kjekt å registrere at toppledelsen blar opp og handler stort i egne aksjer 👍

An offer too good to refuse...?

TOMRA: Share purchase program for employees - Mandatory notification of trade

I dag kl. 16:55 ∙ Oslo Børs

https://www.nordnet.no/market/news/ed597027-f5b9-4d67-9ef4-83efcca4ace8?isNnxNews=true
Rect Angel
29.05.2024 kl 11:46 2638

TOMRA Mining

Andrada Mining selects TOMRA sorting technology for tin mine

Published by Jane Bentham, Editorial Assistant
Global Mining Review
Wednesday, 29 May 2024 10:00

Andrada Mining has purchased TOMRA XRT sorters as part of its expansion plans at the flagship Uis Mine in Namibia.

The sorters feature TOMRA’s latest innovation launched earlier this year at the Mining Indaba exhibition: the groundbreaking OBTAINTM software that leverages Deep Learning to bring single-particle precision to high-throughput particle sorting.

Andrada Mining, the African technology metals mining company, owns the opencast Uis tin mine, which represents one of the largest tin reserves in Namibia. It is in the course of implementing expansion plans at the mine, which include introducing a pre-concentrating circuit of ore sorters with the aim of increasing tin concentrate from 1500 – 2600 tpa. It has purchased TOMRA COM Tertiary XRT sorters for the ore sorting pre-concentration circuit in the dry process section of the plant, expecting to increase the tin content of the feed to the wet processing plant by 50%.
Anthony Viljoen, Chief Executive Officer at Andrada Mining, said: “Andrada Mining is proud to partner with TOMRA, a market leader in ore sorting technology. TOMRA’s proven ability to adapt solutions for fast-growing companies like Andrada ensures a smooth and swift implementation process. TOMRA’s XRT sorters are a game-changer, combining high-tech sensors, powerful sorting valves, and industry-leading software for exceptional reliability. With TOMRA’s OBTAIN imaging software, we can boost production output while maximising mineral recovery and ore quality, which is a win-win for efficiency and earnings.”

Helga van Lochem, Area Sales Manager for Southern Africa at TOMRA Mining concluded: “We are excited about teaming up with Andrada Mining and helping them unlock value at their flagship Uis mine with our XRT sorters, the first to incorporate our OBTAIN Deep Learning feature unveiled just a few months ago. We will be at their side throughout the installation process and beyond, ensuring the sorters perform as required, meeting and even exceeding expectations.”

https://www.globalminingreview.com/handling-processing/29052024/andrada-mining-selects-tomra-sorting-technology-for-tin-mine/
Redigert 29.05.2024 kl 12:28 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
29.05.2024 kl 20:06 2585

Den kraftige veksten innen TOMRA Recycling, en vekst som ifølge selskapet selv ikke viser noen tegn til å avta, har medført at virksomheten trenger mer plass.

TOMRA Recycling embraces future working practices in new office building

Standing as a symbol for the company’s vision and values: TOMRA Recycling’s new office building offers space for an ever-increasing workforce. 

29 May 2024 1 min

Following the opening of a new test center at its site in Mülheim-Kärlich last year, the world’s leading manufacturer of sensor-based sorting technology for recycling has undertaken a 1.5-year construction project to expand the office complex. The expansion was needed to accommodate TOMRA Recycling’s growth, which shows no sign of slowing. A doubling of the workforce since 2019 reflects that: The recycling market is booming, and new regulations are making efficient sorting systems increasingly important.

TOMRA Recycling, part of the Norwegian parent company TOMRA, is positioning itself as a top employer; with 4.5 stars on Germany’s leading job evaluation platform Kununu, the company is among the best rated in the entire country.

https://www.tomra.com/en/waste-metal-recycling/media-center/news/2024/tomra-recycling-embraces-future-working-practices-in-new-office-building
Rect Angel
31.05.2024 kl 18:43 2497

Artikkel for den langsiktige som virkelig ønsker å gå i dybden.

For egen regning vil jeg tilføye at alt som skjer og kommer til å skje i politikken når det gjelder nye føringer og lovvedtak med relevans til TOMRA Recycling, TOMRA Mining, TOMRA Collection Solutions og TOMRA Horizon er ensbetydende med kraftig medvind for TOMRAS globalt markedsledende virksomheter, i ethvert tidsperspektiv.

Waste management

OPINION: What can we expect from the forthcoming inclusion of EfW plants in the UK ETS?

May 31, 2024 by Libby Stonell

Terry Keyworth, sales manager UK and Ireland, Tomra Recycling, shares his thoughts on the inclusion of EfW facility carbon emissions in the UK Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) from 2028 onwards.

OPINION: When ETS was introduced in 2021, EfW facilities were seen as a more sustainable alternative to landfill, and there were concerns that including EfW in the ETS could disincentivise waste diversion efforts.

However, the landscape is changing, and the UK government has decided to follow suit with the EU and include emissions from EfW facilities in the ETS from 2028 onwards. The aim is to create a financial incentive for EfW operators to operate in a more carbon-neutral way.

https://www.letsrecycle.com/news/carbopinion-what-can-we-expect-from-the-forthcoming-inclusion-of-efw-plants-in-the-uk-ets/

Innsidehandel fra, datert 28.05.2024, som har gått meg hus forbi. Kjekt å se at primærinnsidere i greier å holde fingrene fra fatet på dagens kursnivåer.

TOM: STYREMEDLEM-SELSKAP KJØPT 800 AKSJER, KURS 137,70

28 mai 15:51 ∙ TDN Finans

Oslo (Infront TDN Direkt): Bodil Sonesson, styremedlem og primærinnsider i Tomra Systems, har tirsdag kjøpt 800 Tomra-aksjer til kurs 137,70 kroner pr aksje gjennom det nærstående selskapet Sonesson Advisory AB.

Det fremgår av en melding tirsdag.

Etter transaksjonen eier Bodil Sonesson 4.202 aksjer i Tomra Systems.
Redigert 31.05.2024 kl 18:58 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
09.06.2024 kl 20:10 2258

Nyheter. Et 'oppsamlingsheat'.

At Kina har bestemt seg for å satse stort på sirkulær økonomi, tenker jeg ensbetydende med ditto potensial for Tomra. Legg også merke til at Tomra er blant de første som nevnes blant deltagende selskap, i samme åndedrag som f.eks Pepsico.

Unveiling China’s Circular Transformation – a global showcase at WCEF 2024

Published on 3 June 2024
China is a leading global power and pioneering in its implementation of a circular economy. In April 2024, the Ellen MacArthur Foundation and the China Association of Circular Economy (CACE) co-hosted a dedicated China-focused parallel session at the 2024 World Circular Economy Forum in Brussels. The session explored the transformative power of circular economy practices and marked China's first official presence on the World Circular Economy Forum (WCEF) stage, offering insights into its transformative journey in front of a global audience. 

Attended by Chenxin Zhao, Vice Chairman of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), People’s Republic of China, and Astrid Schomaker, Director for Green Diplomacy and Multilateralism, Directorate General for Environment of the European Commission, the event brought a delegation of approximately 30 businesses from China including CATL, Pepsico, Veolio, Tomra, China International Engineering Consulting Corporation, and China Industrial Energy Conservation and Cleaner Production Association. It also received robust on-site participation from European governments, international institutions, organisations, and WCEF attendees, with over 200 participants present. 

https://www.ellenmacarthurfoundation.org/news/unveiling-chinas-circular-transformation-a-global-showcase-on-the-2024-wcef

Plastics Recycling

TOMRA Achieves Industry First With Food-Grade Plastics Sorting Solution

June 2024

Global sorting solutions provider, TOMRA Recycling, has launched three revolutionary applications to separate food-grade from non-food-grade plastics for PET, PP and HDPE. The breakthrough was made possible by the company’s intensive research and development in deep learning, a subset of artificial intelligence (AI).

Thanks to TOMRA’s continued investment in GAIN – the company’s deep learning-based sorting add-on for its AUTOSORT™ units – it is now possible to quickly and efficiently separate food-grade from non-food-grade plastics for PET, PP and HDPE on a large scale.

TOMRA’s GAIN technology –rebranded GAINnext™ to pay tribute to the product’s significant evolution – resolves these challenges by further enhancing the sorting performance of the company’s AUTOSORT™ units, so they are capable of identifying objects that are hard and, in some cases, even impossible to classify using traditional optical waste sensors.

By combining its traditional near-infrared, visual spectrometry or other sensors with deep learning technology, TOMRA has developed the most accurate solution available on the market today. The degrees of purity that this solution is achieving – upwards of 95 percent for the packaging applications in customers’ plants – will expand opportunities for new revenue streams for TOMRA’s customers.

TOMRA is also launching two non-food applications that complement the company’s existing GAINnext ecosystem: a PET cleaner application for even higher purity PET bottle streams and an application for deinking paper for cleaner paper streams.

Among the early adopters of the brand-new applications are market-leading plants such as Berry Circular Polymers’ flagship facility in Leamington Spa, Viridor Avonmouth in Bristol –  the UK’s largest multi-polymer facility – and the French Nord Pal Plast plant, which is owned by the global Dentis Group

https://americanrecycler.com/tomra-achieves-industry-first-with-food-grade-plastics-sorting-solution/

Austria, Wales, and Taiwan lead global recycling league table

BusinessGreen staff
05 June 2024• 6 min read

Study by Eunomia Research and Consulting and Reloop reveals which nations are among the world's highest recyclers - and how they do it

Austria and Wales lead the way as the countries with the highest recycling rate for household waste worldwide, according to the latest rankings published today by circular economy non-profit Reloop in collaboration with Eunomia Research and Consulting.

The research reveals Austria and Wales both recycled 59 per cent of their household or municipal waste collected last year. They were followed in the rankings by Taiwan, which achieved a 53 per cent recycling rate, just ahead of Germany and Belgium which both managed 52 per cent.

Other nations rounding out the top 10 include the Netherlands and Denmark on 51 per cent each, as well as Slovenia on 50 per cent, while Northern Ireland and South Korea both achieved a 45 per cent recycling rate, according to the study.
The research was funded in part by recycling tech specialist TOMRA, the Welsh Government, the International Aluminium Institute, and the Can Manufacturers Institute, in collaboration with Reloop.

"Increasing all countries' recycling rates is key in preventing overuse of the world's resources, and our 50-year experience in the field has taught us that targets must be specific for efforts to have maximum effect," said Tove Andersen, president and CEO at TOMRA. "The lack of international standardization on exactly what should be measured, at which point in the recycling process, however, has made cross-country comparisons notoriously difficult. Uncovering which nations are actually the greatest recyclers, allows for application of best practices across borders, and increased recycling rates for all."

https://www.businessgreen.com/news/4268026/austria-wales-taiwan-lead-global-recycling-league-table

TOMRA Food strengthens its presence in Australia and New Zealand with new regional business model

TOMRA Food has merged their Fresh and Processed divisions to provide integrated food sorting, grading and processing solutions to their customers. As part of this new organisation, TOMRA Food has developed a regional business model consisting of three areas: Americas (AMS), Asia Pacific (APAC), and Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) with the aim to elevate their customer-centric approach.

31 May 2024

Led by Paul Slupecki, the TOMRA Food APAC team aims to bolster their local presence in New Zealand, Australia, India, Southeast Asia and Japan.

“Having a stronger local presence, TOMRA Food’s APAC regional model means we’ll be closer to our customers, which allows us to develop a deeper understanding of their individual needs and provide faster, more personalized services, and tailor-made solutions,” says Paul Slupecki, Head of TOMRA Food APAC.

TOMRA Food APAC is set to strengthen its presence in Australia and New Zealand with a team of over 200 people in the main hubs of Auckland, Papamoa and Melbourne as well as remote teams based close to customers across both countries. The TOMRA Food APAC team is positioned to better understand and deliver to the local needs and dynamics of their customers, leading to improved customer satisfaction.

The TOMRA Food APAC team will be firmly focused on sales, service, customer delivery and support functions for the APAC region, as well as maintaining a dedicated Research and Development function, ensuring ongoing local support for Australia- and New Zealand-based customers.

https://www.tomra.com/en/food/media-center/news/2024/tomra-food-strengthens-its-presence-in-australia-and-new-zealand-with-new-regional-business-model

TOMRA Food Exhibits At FOOMA Japan 2024

World Premiere of The TOMRA 5B 800 COMPACT

31 May 2024

TOMRA Food Japan will exhibit at the FOOMA Japan 2024 to be held at Tokyo Big Sight from June 4 to 7, 2024.  TOMRA will introduce the latest belt-type sorting machine TOMRA 5B 800 COMPACT for the first time which is developed especially for the Japanese market.

https://www.tomra.com/en/food/media-center/news/2024/tomra-food-exhibits-at-fooma-japan-2024
Rect Angel
11.06.2024 kl 18:44 2148

MKiŚ: "PolKa" received permission to operate a deposit system

Author: horecatrends.pl/press information • Published: June 11th, 2024 2:15 PM | Updated: June 11, 2024 2:28 PM

On June 10, "PolKa" received permission from the Ministry of Climate and Environment to operate a deposit system. This authorization makes it possible to create a system for those placing drinks on the market in packages covered by a deposit and to return this deposit to the end user.

"PolKa” in the deposit system

Thus, “PolKa” is the only operator that has a separate collection permit under the deposit system of all three fractions: cans, plastic bottles and reusable glass bottles, and that's it as of 1 January 2025.

Aware of the enormous time pressure and operational challenges, “PolKa”, even before obtaining formal consent to operate the deposit system, has made investments and devoted recent months to designing and implementing processes that will enable the system to start on the statutory date of January 1, 2025
Today, only two companies in Poland have permission to create a deposit system operator, with only PolKa allowed to collect three factions. They will be entitled to act as representing entities for the next 10 years.

https://www.horecatrends.pl/trendy/119/mkis_polka_otrzymala_zezwolenie_na_prowadzenie_systemu_kaucyjnego,41604.html
Rect Angel
12.06.2024 kl 12:00 2066

Tomra Collection Solutions.

Tomra med Hellas i siktet. Første middelhavsnasjon som innfører pantesystem.

TOMRA Collection, global provider of reverse vending solutions, opens office in Athens, Greece

12 Jun 2024

TOMRA Collection, the global leader in reverse vending technology, has reaffirmed its commitment to achieving a circular economy in Greece with the official opening of a new office in Athens. This milestone marks a significant step forward in TOMRA's mission to support Greece in attaining circularity through an efficient deposit return scheme (DRS) and innovative solutions for collecting and recycling used beverage containers.

Addressing plastic waste challenges in Greece

Greece faces an urgent challenge in managing plastic waste, with a significant portion still ending up in landfills. Through the transposition of the EU Single-Use Plastics Directive into the national legislation, the Greek government is committed to introduce a DRS for recycling of beverage containers. This will mark a milestone in Greece’s sustainability path and will make the Hellenic Republic one of the first Mediterranean countries to implement such a system. A DRS will represent an opportunity for Greece’s tourism-driven economy, by protecting its pristine environment and increasing its overall circularity performance.

https://www.tomra.com/en/reverse-vending/media-center/news/2024/office-opening-athens
Rect Angel
12.06.2024 kl 15:46 2019

Tomra er vel etablert i Kina. Feelingen er helt klart at Kina, hvor myndighetene i klartekst uttrykker at nasjonen satser stort på bærekraft/sirkulær økonomi og fornybart, er ensbetydende med gedigene markedsmuligheter med ditto vekstutsikter for Tomra.

Norwegian Minister of Climate and Environment visits TOMRA in China

12 Jun 2024 - 5 min

On June 6, 2024, Norwegian Minister of Climate and Environment, Andreas Bjelland Eriksen along with his team, Norwegian Consul General in Guangzhou Hege Araldsen, representatives from the Norwegian Embassy in Beijing and Innovation Norway, business representatives from Norwegian companies in China such as Cambi, Yara, DSD, and Herfo Group, visited TOMRA China's headquarters in Xiamen.

This year marks the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between China and Norway. At this historical moment, Minister Andreas led a delegation to visit China to further promote and deepen cooperation in green transition, marine ecosystem protection, and the construction of zero waste cities.

Upon arriving in China, the delegation immediately visited TOMRA. As a leading global company in sensor-based sorting from Norway, TOMRA has been deeply involved in the Chinese market for 14 years, actively contributing to the development of the circular economy in China. It has established extensive cooperation with recycling industry customers in China and has successful experiences in multiple solid waste management projects.
Following the visit to TOMRA, Minister Andreas along with the delegation participated in the "The Partnership in Green Transition" thematic seminar held in Xiamen. The seminar was co-hosted by the Norwegian Consulate General in Guangzhou, the Norwegian Embassy in Beijing, and Innovation Norway, and invited representatives from the government, enterprise, and academia. The aim was to deepen the consensus between China and Norway on green transition, broaden the cooperation in climate change and environmental challenges.

https://www.tomra.com/en/news-and-media/news/2024/norwegian-minister-of-climate-and-environment-visits-tomra-in-china
Redigert 12.06.2024 kl 16:21 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
17.06.2024 kl 12:46 1883

Østerrike på topp, Norge på 19.plass...

Austria, Wales and Taiwan leading the world when it comes to rates of recycling

A new study shows who are amongst the world’s best recyclers and why.

14 Jun 2024

https://www.tomra.com/en/news-and-media/news/2024/austria-wales-and-taiwan-leading-the-world-when-it-comes-to-rates-of-recycling
Rect Angel
18.06.2024 kl 12:07 1790

TOMRA Horizon

CARBIOS and TOMRA Textiles join forces to scale circularity of polyester textiles

Carbios

Tue, Jun 18, 2024, 6:45 AM GMT+2
4 min read

CARBIOS and TOMRA Textiles will collaborate to close the textiles circularity gap between collection of textile waste and innovative technologies for textile-to-textile recycling

Oslo/Clermont-Ferrand, Tuesday 18 June 2024 (6.45am CEST): 
CARBIOS (Euronext Growth Paris: ALCRB), a pioneer in the development and industrialization of biological technologies to reinvent the life cycle of plastic and textiles, and TOMRA Textiles, a tech venture set up by sorting technology leader TOMRA (Oslo Stock Exchange: TOM.OL), announce the signing of an agreement to collaborate on establishing an efficient stream in Northern Europe from textile waste collection, sorting and preparation to recycling using CARBIOS’ enzymatic depolymerization technology at its first commercial plant currently under construction in Longlaville, France.

The monomers obtained will be used to produce recycled polyester (r-PET) fiber, closing the loop for polyester textile circularity.

The innovations from both TOMRA Textiles and CARBIOS contribute to addressing critical gaps in the value chain and significantly increase textile-to-textile recycling from its current rate of 1%1. By accelerating a circular economy for polyester, a sustainable alternative to incineration or landfill is made available.

TOMRA Textiles is on a mission to close the gap in textile circularity, by contributing to designing and scaling textile sorting plants. Under this partnership agreement, TOMRA Textiles will explore specific, tangible measures to enable the preparation of post-consumer polyester waste for biorecycling according to CARBIOS’ specifications.

CARBIOS' biorecycling technology involves breaking down polyester fibers into their basic components using enzymes, which are then used to produce high-quality recycled PET materials such as fibers for the textile industry. The breakthrough collaboration with TOMRA will redirect the challenging PET fraction of polyester textile waste towards biorecycling, showcasing a mutual dedication to pioneering recycling solutions for a circular economy.

Emmanuel Ladent, CEO of CARBIOS: “CARBIOS is taking the lead in forming an efficient value chain for textile circularity and actively engages with global industry leaders such as TOMRA to shape the future of sustainable textiles.”

Vibeke Krohn, Head of TOMRA Textiles: “The textile industry has been optimized for cost and efficiency for centuries. Closing the gap means scaling all the elements of a circular value chain – from collection to sorting to recycling technologies. Future recycling solutions depend on reliable access to feedstock. Through the collaboration with CARBIOS we hope to stimulate further investments needed to scale textile circularity.”

###

About CARBIOS

CARBIOS is a biotech company developing and industrializing biological solutions to reinvent the life cycle of plastic and textiles.  Inspired by nature, CARBIOS develops enzyme-based processes to break down plastic with a mission to avoid plastic and textile pollution, and accelerate the transition to a circular economy. Its two disruptive technologies for the biorecycling of PET and the biodegradation of PLA are reaching industrial and commercial scale.  Its biorecycling demonstration plant has been operational since 2021 and a first industrial plant, in partnership with Indorama Ventures, is currently under construction.  CARBIOS, founded in 2011 by Truffle Capital, has received scientific recognition, notably with the cover of Nature, and is supported by prestigious brands in the cosmetics, Food & Beverage and apparel industries to enhance their products’ recyclability and circularity. Nestlé Waters, PepsiCo and Suntory Beverage & Food Europe are members of a packaging consortium founded by CARBIOS and L’Oréal. On, Patagonia, PUMA, PVH Corp. and Salomon collaborate with CARBIOS in a textile consortium.

About TOMRA Textiles

TOMRA Textiles helps transform the textile value chain, from linear to circular. We do so by closing the gap between waste textiles and textile-to-textile recycling. Our automated sensor-based sorting technology, in collaboration with progressive partners, enables circularity at scale. TOMRA Textiles is part of TOMRA Horizon, the venture arm set up by TOMRA Group to explore new adjacent business opportunities and alternative business models leveraging the Group’s technology and decades of know-how.

TOMRA is a global leader in solutions that enable the circular economy with advanced collection and sorting systems. With an ultimate mission to strive for a world without waste, TOMRA specializes in waste management systems, material recovery technologies and food processing by employing sensor-based sorting and grading technology. Today, TOMRA has more than 110,000 installations in 100 markets globally, employs 5,400 people and annual revenues of NOK 14.8 billion (EUR 1.4 billion). TOMRA is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. www.tomra.com

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/carbios-tomra-textiles-join-forces-044500123.html

TOMRA: Restated financial statements in EUR

I dag kl. 10:41 ∙ Oslo Børs
Tomra Systems+2,55%

As announced on 26 April 2024, TOMRA will change its presentation currency and start reporting in EUR from the second quarter 2024. This will better reflect the underlying performance in the business and reduce currency volatility in reported numbers.

The Statement of financial position and the Profit and loss statement have been restated for each quarter starting 1 January 2019 to 31 March 2024.

Assets and liabilities in non-EUR currencies are translated into EUR at the closing exchange rates on the relevant balance sheet date. For 2023 and 2024, non-EUR income and expenditure are translated at the average exchange rates prevailing for the relevant month. For periods up until 31 December 2022, non -EUR income and expenditure are translated at the average exchange rates prevailing for the quarter.

The restated figures can be downloaded under Key figures and the Financial results section on https://www.tomra.com/en/investor-relations. Asker, 18 June 2024 TOMRA Systems ASA

https://www.nordnet.no/market/news/7aef5acb-04e5-429b-bbfe-4e9934738aa7
Rect Angel
18.06.2024 kl 13:37 1754

Tomra Collection Solutions

Her kommer nyhetene tett, og Tomra er jo da også en global storspiller innen fremtidsrettede, teknologisk industrielle løsninger. Partnerene når det gjelder dette samarbeidet er Tomra Collection Solutions og Ericsson.

Løsningen demonstreres under Hewlett Packard Enterprises HPE Discover 2024 i Las Vegas 17. - 20.juni, 2024. En løsning som har potensial til å endre/omforme avfallsindustrien, ifølge Ericsson.

Ericsson and Tomra announce circular economy collaboration

Circular Economy, Environment and Energy, Sustainability

18th June 2024

Ericsson and TOMRA have announced a collaboration aiming to increase transparency, traceability, and optimisation of waste streams.

This will allow both teams to execute their mission to reduce litter and increase circularity in waste streams.

TOMRA Collection said it provides technology solutions that enable the circular economy. Its reverse vending machines (RVMs) collect, sort and process used beverage containers to be continually reused and recycled back into new bottles and cans.

Ericsson Connected Recycling described itself as a SaaS platform powered by an HPE private cloud solution. It enables a transformation from “waste” to circular recycled raw materials that can be remonetised into Enterprise ecosystems.

The two technology companies said they are now combining their technologies to enable circularity as part of the transition away from landfill and waste incineration.

Ericsson and TOMRA said they will showcase the solution by tracking waste collection at HPE’s Discover event (17-20 June 2024) in Las Vegas to demonstrate the potential of the combined technologies.

Marius Fraurud, Head of TOMRA Collection, commented: “At TOMRA, our mission is to drive circularity through innovative solutions.

“Our reverse vending machines play a crucial role by collecting and sorting used beverage containers while generating precise data on these materials.

“The collaboration with Ericsson Connected Recycling shows how this data can be used to provide complete traceability of materials from waste to new products.

“By combining our technologies, we are demonstrating how we can turn waste into a valuable resource and drive more sustainable practices in the industry.”

Sophia Fahlen, Head of Ericsson Connected Recycling, said: “We are excited to enter this collaboration with TOMRA. Ericsson as a leader in connectivity and digitalisation, and TOMRA as a leader in collection and sorting systems.

“This is a great opportunity to show how our combined experience and ability to execute at scale, could transform the waste industry, increasing circularity and minimising the environmental impact of waste.”

https://www.circularonline.co.uk/news/ericsson-and-tomra-announce-circular-economy-collaboration/

HPE Discover 2024, Las Vegas 17. - 20.juni, 2024

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/discover.html

Tomra Mining

Andrada Mining chooses TOMRA technology for Uis Mine

By
Mining Review Africa
June 18, 2024

Andrada Mining has purchased TOMRA XRT sorters as part of its expansion plans at the flagship Uis Mine in Namibia.

The sorters feature TOMRA’s latest innovation launched earlier this year at the Mining Indaba exhibition: the groundbreaking OBTAIN™ software that leverages Deep Learning to bring single-particle precision to high-throughput particle sorting.
Anthony Viljoen, Chief Executive Officer at Andrada Mining, said: “Andrada Mining is proud to partner with TOMRA, a market leader in ore sorting technology. TOMRA’s proven ability to adapt solutions for fast-growing companies like Andrada ensures a smooth and swift implementation process. TOMRA’s XRT sorters are a game-changer, combining high-tech sensors, powerful sorting valves, and industry-leading software for exceptional reliability. With TOMRA’s OBTAIN™ imaging software, we can boost production output while maximizing mineral recovery and ore quality which is a win-win for efficiency and earnings.”
https://www.miningreview.com/uranium/andrada-mining-chooses-tomra-technology-for-uis-mine/
Redigert 18.06.2024 kl 13:52 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
22.06.2024 kl 14:00 1613

Polske myndigheter fremstår som fast bestemt når det gjelder oppstartdato for landets pantesystem. Alle fremstøtt med henblikk på å få oppstartdato utsatt, har til nå blitt kontant avvist fra myndighetshold. Oppstartdato er satt til 1.januar 2025.

Det er all grunn til å tro at TOMRA Collection Solutions kommer til 'å forsyne seg grovt' i Polen.

Tomra Collection: good location and simple operation of the recycler are the keys to popularizing the deposit system

21/06/2024 11:50

Appropriate deposit settlement methods convenient for consumers returning packaging, location of recyclers, reliability and intuitive operation of these machines, and, above all, deposit settlement methods consistent with expectations are the conditions for the successful development of the deposit system in Poland. – pointed out Konrad Robak, managing director of Tomra Collection Polska, participant of the expert debate "Technology in the service of environmental protection" at the PAP Press Center.
In the first part, debate participants talked about what conditions recyclers should meet to encourage consumers to use them.

"The task of the machine is to be the guardian of the correct operation of the deposit system in the service of environmental protection. It should accept the packaging, determine whether it works in the deposit system and whether a deposit should be paid, classify it correctly, e.g. destroy a single-use packaging. Finally, provide the data correctly, because we are talking about very big money. And what data will come out of the machine and how it will be transferred is extremely important for the entire system," explained Konrad Robak, managing director of Tomra Collection Polska.

"Tomra Collection is a Norwegian company whose history began 50 years ago and today we support our partners with technology in 60 markets around the world. From the very beginning, the company's mission has been to close the packaging circuit and make the world better and cleaner," Director Robak announced to the company.

"The recyclomat is part of the technology used throughout the deposit system. We will not escape from it, we must be ahead of time, because progress is very fast. What is worth remembering is the flexibility of technology. It should be ready for appropriate verification of packaging, also in the context of 2 D codes and potential changes in the materials or security features adopted. Today's investments should ensure that they will be flexible and safe in the long term, i.e. today's expenditure must be viewed in terms of total costs, not one-off costs," Konrad Robak pointed out.
"The technology should be accurate enough to recognize not only the code itself, but also the shape connected to the cork, but also with a certain tolerance to also accept a plastic bottle without a cork. This actually gives security to the system. This is part of the standardisation that should be taken into account in the design of the deposit system in Poland', noted Konrad Robak.

The discussion also concerned the method of paying the deposit. There are several options, including transferring the appropriate amount to the consumer's card or to a type of paper or electronic coupon that can be redeemed in the store where the recycler is located - in the form of a refund or payment of purchase costs.

"Research we did on seven deposit markets - from the oldest in Europe, Swedish, to the newest one at that time - Slovak, showed that despite the possibility of returning to the card, 87% of consumers decide to collect the deposit for the coupon, not to withdraw cash," pointed out Director Robak.

In his opinion, the return to retail option will work in Poland, because the machines will be placed primarily in larger stores.

"Return to retail is a chance for stores to stand out on the market. Well-chosen technology can attract customers. Failure to take advantage of such an opportunity will, in turn, pose a threat to the store from which customers will leave without finding a well-functioning service there," emphasized a representative of Tomra Collection Polska.

During the discussion, the threat of fraud was also pointed out. "Our task as technology providers is to protect the system against them. There are and will be attempts at fraud, so we need to share our experience of how to secure this system, what works and what doesn't, and minimize these risks," Konrad Robak emphasized.

He also noted that in order to create an effective deposit system, appropriate legal regulations are needed specifying the obligations of producers, sellers and consumers, including detailed rules for the return of packaging and deposits. It will also depend on well-designed collection points whether the consumer is actively involved in packaging recycling.

"Technology will be an essential part of the deposit system. We, as a technology supplier, have never lost connection with the consumer, because recycling is a value not only for our customers, but also for consumers who, having positive experiences with a given location, will return there," concluded the director of Tomra Collection Polska.

https://www.money.pl/gospodarka/tomra-collection-dobra-lokalizacja-i-prosta-obsluga-recyklomatu-to-klucze-do-upowszechnienia-systemu-kaucyjnego-7040872517933888a.html

Chilean walnut producer Quelen Food easily exceeds European Category 1 quality standards with TOMRA Food

June 20, 2024

https://farmersreviewafrica.com/chilean-walnut-producer-quelen-fruit-easily-exceeds-european-category-1-quality-standards-with-tomra-food/
Redigert 22.06.2024 kl 17:28 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
25.06.2024 kl 11:11 1460

Ingen tvil om at potensialet for fortsatt vekst er enormt. Tomra er dessuten så fremtidsrettet at man har datert dette 1.juli 2024 ;)

How TOMRA seeks to combat ocean plastic

01 Jul 2024

Beverage containers – produced and disposed

Working with beverage containers, TOMRA pays attention to what happens to them. And research shows that, every year, more than 1.4 trillion beverage containers are sold, where 500 billion of those are plastic. Of the 78 million tons of plastic packaging produced every year, only 14% is collected for recycling. A huge 40% of plastic packaging is simply sent to landfill, and 32% ends up in nature as litter.

The International Coastal Cleanup in 2020 surveyed 9422 tonnes of litter from 116 participating countries, and found plastic beverage bottles and caps in the top 3 and 4 types of litter collected. Research has found that plastic bottles release methane and ethylene – powerful greenhouse gases – when exposed to solar radiation or water. It is estimated that a plastic bottle takes 450 years to break down in nature, and the rate of production of these gases increases over time.

All this can be stopped: most plastic bottles are made of PET and HDPE, which are highly recyclable materials. Plastic should not be perceived or treated as disposable, but as a valuable resource.

https://www.tomra.com/en/reverse-vending/media-center/feature-articles/how-tomra-seeks-to-combat-ocean-plastic

Irland er ferskeste nasjon ut med pantesystem (oppstart 1.februar 2024), og man begynner å se resultater.

Vi vet at Tomra for lengst har startet opp klodens første pantesystem for kaffekopper i Aarhus kommune DK, og interessant nok propaganderer allerede nå krefter i Irland for at et slikt pantesystem opprettes i Irland.

Environment

Deposit return scheme reduces can and bottle litter

Significant decrease in litter in towns and cities except for Dublin city which remains a ‘blot on the landscape’, report shows

Olivia Kelly Dublin Editor
Mon Jun 24 2024 - 00:01

Can and plastic bottle litter has reduced significantly across towns and cities since the introduction of the deposit return scheme in February, according to research from Irish Business Against Litter (Ibal).

However, Dublin city centre had seen a fall in cleanliness and was a “blot on the landscape,” the anti-litter business group said.

The first national litter survey, conducted by An Taisce for Ibal, since the introduction of the “Re-turn” scheme, found discarded cans have reduced by almost 30 per cent and plastic bottle waste was less prevalent than in any previous survey.
The success of the scheme should spur the implementation of a coffee cup levy, he said.

“These initial results indicate that if there’s a monetary incentive to do the right thing, people will respond. The same logic applies to a coffee cup levy. Tackling specific litter types with tailored measures is the most effective way of ridding our streets of litter.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/environment/2024/06/24/deposit-return-scheme-reduces-can-and-bottle-litter/
Redigert 25.06.2024 kl 13:58 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
26.06.2024 kl 11:49 1378

Ireland's deposit return scheme ramps up

25 June 2024 by Alex Brinded

More than 200mln containers have been returned by Irish consumers since a deposit return scheme launched in February, says operator Re-turn.
Re-turn notes, since June, an average of 2.9mln containers are being returned daily as the scheme adoption continues to grow, up from an average of 69,000 a day in February.

https://www.iom3.org/resource/ireland-s-deposit-return-scheme-ramps-up.html

Cross-state fraud with CT bottle and can returns? How doubling payout has affected data

Story by Don Stacom, Hartford Courant• 23h • 5 min read

Doubling the payout for cans and bottles from a nickel to a dime apiece led more people in Connecticut to redeem them in the first part of the year, but analysts don’t anticipate knowing how strong that trend is until in late summer.

Jan. 1 marked the first time in 44 years that consumers got more for redeemable containers, and environmentalists are hoping it will get a lot more people headed to redemption centers and reverse vending machines with their empties.
Tomra and Naugatuck-based Envipco are the two major reverse vending machine operators in Connecticut; their equipment is found in supermarkets, drug stores, discount food stores and other retailers that provide redemption services.

While those one-at-a-time machines are familiar to individual consumers, some individuals and many restaurants, businesses, sports venues and other large-quantity buyers use bulk redemption centers that accept bagloads of containers at a time.

Some of those have closed in recent years because the nickel redemption fee no longer provided enough margin to support their business, and the pressure has been strongest in one of the most affluent and densely populated parts of the state: Lower Fairfield County. There are no redemption centers west of Bridgeport, largely because of land costs, said Nelson.

DEEP is hoping the new 10-cent price will make redemption centers more feasible in all sections of the state

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/cross-state-fraud-with-ct-bottle-and-can-returns-how-doubling-payout-has-affected-data/ar-BB1oQK8O?ocid=BingNewsVerp
Rect Angel
27.06.2024 kl 10:34 1269

Tomra Horizon

Interessante ting skjer i California når det gjelder resirkulering av tekstiler og EPR (extended producer responsibility).

California's Textile Recycling Bill Re-Introduced With Industry Input

Story by Kate Nishimura
 • 18h • 4 min read

A little over a year after it was first introduced, SB 707, rebranded as the Responsible Textile Recovery Act, has been "restructured and refined" to include input and new language from textile and apparel industry stakeholders as well as sortation and recycling experts.

Now, it's headed to the Assembly Committee of Natural Resources for a hearing on July 1.

Proposed by State Senator Josh Newman last March, the bill aims to make producers of fabrics and clothing sold within the Golden State liable for the fate of their waste, which might otherwise be destined for landfills.

If signed into law, it would mandate that the industry fund an Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) program for discarded garments and textiles. Under the platform, a Producer Responsibility Organization (PRO) would manage the collection, sortation and recycling of the recovered goods.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/california-s-textile-recycling-bill-re-introduced-with-industry-input/ar-BB1oW9aS?ocid=BingNewsVerp#fullscreen

Og dette kaster lys over og får oss til å huske og forstå signifikansen i denne nyheten fra mars i år.

A GLOBAL CHALLENGE THAT CAN BE SORTED

TOMRA demonstrates textile sorting at Homeboy Threads in Los Angeles

A diverse crowd of textile experts, fashion designers, policymakers, recycling specialists and waste management representatives gathered in Los Angeles on February 29th to witness fully automated textile sorting by TOMRA.

01 Mar 2024 5 min

Since early January, a TOMRA AUTOSORT™ unit has been installed at the premises of Homeboy Threads, a social enterprise in Los Angeles offering reuse and recycling services for apparel and textiles. Homeboy Threads is a part of Homeboy Industries, the largest gang intervention, rehabilitation, and re-entry program in the world.

Here former convicts are forging a new path after serving time. Many are involved in various forms of sorting and recycling activities, reclaiming resources that have been thrown away. At Homeboy Threads, the staff is trained to identify reusable clothes among piles of used textiles – and to handle the vast amounts of post-industrial textile waste: clippings and scraps from the more than 800 production sites in the LA area.

Supercharged by automated sensor-based technology, staff at the Homeboy Threads facility are able to identify and separate textiles by fiber type and color, at scale. The TOMRA unit can provide, for example, pure cotton or polyester materials to emerging fiber-to-fiber recyclers and clothing manufacturers.
Why Los Angeles?

Los Angeles is a global hub for fashion brands and apparel companies and has historically been a hub for the US textiles industry. Being both a large consumer and producer of textiles, the area has been challenged by the lack of sites that support a high-volume, transparent and efficient textile recovery process. This has led to a textile waste stream that continues to grow locally and globally. The City of Los Angeles reported in a 2022 Textile Recovery Pilot Report by the LA Department of Sanitation and Environment (LASAN) and the California Product Stewardship Council (CPSC), that every year more than 70,000 tons of commercially generated textile waste ends up in the region’s landfills.

Now, the city has ambitions to become the home to the growing part of the fashion industry that is moving to a more sustainable future. Legislation is being drafted by California lawmakers, discussing regulations such as mandatory separate collection of waste textiles, and extended producer responsibility schemes for textiles.

Why TOMRA?

TOMRA’s technology is one of several options considered by the California Product Stewardship Council and the City of LA in its quest to implement solutions that can enable circularity at scale.

With more than 50 years of experience in circular technology, and with the capability to deliver high-volume, high-precision sorting solutions, TOMRA’s solution was identified as particularly interesting. The demo period at Homeboy Threads has been used to prove the TOMRA solution in action, both as a support to manual sorting for reuse, and as a scalable solution to sorting for recycling.

TOMRA Textiles is on a mission to close the gap between collection of textiles waste and emerging technologies for fiber-to-fiber recycling, and the LA opportunity provides fertile ground for putting technology and organizational setups to the test. 

https://www.tomra.com/en/news-and-media/news/2024/tomra-demonstrates-textile-sorting-at-homeboy-threads-in-los-angeles
Redigert 27.06.2024 kl 10:35 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
27.06.2024 kl 22:07 1204

Står ikke noe i denne artikkelen om at Tomra er involvert i avtalen Carbios har undertegnet i Kina, men som man kan lese omtales den nylig inngåtte avtalen mellom Carbios og Tomra under hvilken Tomra skal samle inn, sortere og tilrettelegge tekstiler i Nord-Europa for Carbios som så, på sin side av avtalen, skal resirkulere tekstilene.

Således vil det ikke overraske meg det minste hvis vi etterhvert får nyheter om at Tomra skal samle inn, sortere og tilrettelegge plastavfall for Carbios i Kina. Plastavfall som Zhink Group og Carbios så skal resirkulere ved hjelp av Carbios's løsninger.

Time will show.

Det har forøvrig blitt gjort kjent at Tomras CEO Tove Andersen har vært på visitter i både Kina og Vietnam, for ikke veldig lenge siden.

Carbios, Zhink Group enter joint letter of intent for PET recycling plant in China

Additionally, Carbios recently signed an agreement with Tomra Textiles to partner on establishing a textile scrap collection stream in Northern Europe.

POSTED BY CHRIS VOLOSCHUK | JUNE 27, 2024

Carbios, a France-based company that uses biological technologies to recycle plastic and textiles, has signed a joint letter of intent with China-based polyethylene terephthalate (PET) producer Zhink Group to build a biorecycling plant in China using Carbios’ enzymatic depolymerization technology to serve the global market.

Carbios says this agreement makes official the collaboration toward a long-term partnership in view of a first licensing contract to build a plant with a minimum annual processing capacity of 50,000 tons of prepared PET scrap and would contribute to accelerating a circular economy for plastic and textiles.
Carbios, Tomra partner

In mid-June, Carbios announced the signing of an agreement with Tomra Textiles—a tech venture started by Norway-based Tomra ASA—to collaborate on establishing an efficient stream in Northern Europe from textile scrap collection, sorting and preparation to recycling using Carbios’ enzymatic depolymerization technology at its first commercial plant, which is currently under construction in Longlaville, France.

RELATED: Carbios celebrates groundbreaking of PET recycling plant

Carbios says the monomers obtained will be used to produce rPET fiber, closing the loop for polyester textile circularity. Additionally, Tomra Textiles aims to close the gap on textile circularity by contributing to designing and scaling textile sorting plants. Under this partnership agreement, Tomra Textiles will explore specific, tangible measures to enable the preparation of postconsumer polyester scrap for biorecycling according to Carbios’ specifications.

“Carbios is taking the lead in forming an efficient value chain for textile circularity and actively engages with global industry leaders such as Tomra to shape the future of sustainable textiles,” Ladent says.

Vibeke Krohn, head of Tomra Textiles, adds that the textile industry has been optimized for cost and efficiency for centuries, and closing the gap means scaling all the elements of a circular value chain—from collection to sorting to recycling technologies. “Future recycling solutions depend on reliable access to feedstock,” he says. “Through the collaboration with Carbios, we hope to stimulate further investments needed to scale textile circularity.”

https://www.recyclingtoday.com/news/carbios-zhink-group-joint-letter-of-intent-for-pet-recycling-plant-china/
Rect Angel
28.06.2024 kl 12:35 1123

Members of Congress Launch Slow Fashion Caucus, Highlighting Circularity

Meghan Hall
Thu, June 27, 2024 at 5:48 PM GMT+2·4 min read

Three members of Congress want national legislators to tighten the seams on fast fashion.

Chellie Pingree (D-Maine); Marie Gluesenkamp Perez (D-Washington) and Sydney Kamlager-Dove (D-California) announced Thursday they had banded together to form the Slow Fashion Caucus, which aims to create policies that will help the federal government foster circularity, in turn reducing textile waste and bettering conditions for garment workers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/members-congress-launch-slow-fashion-154856794.html
Rect Angel
01.07.2024 kl 12:17 1005

Artikkel om en teknologisk nyvinning fra Stadler. Artikkelen forteller oss dessuten om hvordan store spillere som Stadler, Steinert og Tomra spiller sammen og samarbeider når unge, kloke hoder skal rekrutteres.

Smart wire remover ‘an industry first’

Plastics recycling, Technology
– Kirstin Linnenkoper – July 1, 2024

German recycling tech company Stadler unveiled its ‘groundbreaking’ WireX automated bale wire remover at the IFAT trade show in Munich.

Rok Mežič, head of development at Stadler, told an enthusiastic crowd how this new machine is capable of dewiring crosswired bales in a single pass. ‘This is an industry first,’ he notes.
Automated and digital solutions is a huge part of Stadler’s vision for the future, according to company ceo Willi Stadler. He took IFAT as the golden opportunity to introduce his daughter, Julia Stadler, as the new Chief Digital Solutions.
Mining talent

‘It’s vital to find and train new recycling technology talent,’ underlines Julia Stadler when the topic of the next generation comes up. ‘That’s why we are eager to offer internships to much-needed engineers year after year.’ The result is Stadler Academy, which is a collaboration with seven universities across Germany and Austria.

This includes the Summer School project with Aachen University, which also counts on the support of Lindner Recyclingtech, Tomra Sorting and Steinert. ‘The great thing is that we all complement each other,’ she says. ‘We’re not competitors fighting for hires.’

Instead, students work together in teams, supervised by industry leaders. Doing so allows them to expand their unique skillset while targeting key themes that interest them, such as robotic sorting and big data.

‘We’ve had very good results,’ she adds. ‘The youngsters are super driven and are equipped with tonnes of bold, new ideas. We give them the space to experiment and learn from their mistakes. Typically, at least one person stays with us once they’ve graduated. This benefits our company and the recycling sector as a whole!’

https://recyclinginternational.com/commodities/plastics-recycling/stadler-ahead-of-the-curb-with-wirex-and-digital-vision/57681/
Redigert 01.07.2024 kl 12:17 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
03.07.2024 kl 22:42 867

Har postet om TOMRA Textiles nærvær og aktivitet i California i tidligere innlegg her på tråden.

Tomra er tett på og vet hva som rører seg i de politiske landskapene, og er nok til en viss grad også involvert i å utforme og iallefall påvirke politikk, i mange sammenhenger. Så Tomras storsatsing på resirkulering av tekstiler, TOMRA Textiles, en del av selskapets nye divisjon TOMRA Horizon, er garantert alt annet enn et skudd i mørket. California er en 'frontrunner' og bjellesau innen det meste av fremtidsrettet politkk vår felles, opphetede klode så sårt trenger. Så fint å kunne konstatere at lovprosessene i drlstaten nå ruller stødig videre, i retning lovpålagt ERP (Extended Producer Responsibility) når det gjelder ansvar for resirkulering av tekstiler.

California legislator continues to push for textiles EPR law

State Sen. Josh Newman says his textiles extended producer responsibility bill has passed a recent committee vote.

BRIAN TAYLOR | JULY 03, 2024

California's Responsible Textile Recovery Act of 2024, or Senate Bill 707, which Sen. Josh Newman calls a "landmark, first-in-the-country, textile recycling bill,” has passed a recent California Assembly Natural Resources Committee vote 9-3.

The bill establishes a "robust" extended producer responsibility (EPR) program that will require producers to implement and fund a program to facilitate the reuse, repair and recycling of clothing and textile fibers.

Newman had also attempted to get California to move forward with SB 707 last year, citing at the time a reaction in part to the fast fashion trend, as he has again this year.

“I’m very proud of the thoughtful and thorough work, involving stakeholders at every point of the value chain, that has gone into SB 707 to produce a bill that will have an immensely positive impact on our state and on the environment,” Newman says. “Textile waste is a growing environmental issue that will require innovation and collaboration. This bill, and the groundbreaking program it will enable, will make California a global leader in textile recycling and waste reduction.”

Since its introduction last year, SB 707 has been subject to “extensive stakeholder engagement,” according to Newman. A news release issued by the legislature says that the ensuing collaborative process has resulted in dozens of improvements as the result of hundreds of hours of stakeholder meetings with a diverse coalition, including environmental organizations, industry leaders and community groups.

Newman says the bill has received widespread support and cites the California Product Stewardship Council (CPSC), Ikea, Goodwill, Sierra Club California and waste and recycling firm Republic Services as examples, as well as numerous local governments, agencies and sanitation districts.

“At Ikea, we have an ambition to become a circular business by 2030,” says Mardi Ditze, United States sustainability manager for the Sweden-based retailer. “To achieve this, we must partner with policymakers to support efforts in creating more circular systems for textiles and other products. We applaud Senator Newman for leading a collaborative process with industry stakeholders on SB 707 and support efforts to increase textile circularity in California and across the U.S.”

“Textile recycling is a growing industry domestically, creating jobs and reviving manufacturing in areas near recycling facilities,” says Peter Majeranowski, CEO of Circ Inc., a Virginia-based textile recycler. “We’ve seen the fashion industry really step up to adopt fibers and yarns with lower impacts.”

SB 707 next will head to the California Assembly Appropriations Committee for a hearing and consideration before moving to the full assembly.

“The rise of ‘fast fashion,’ or the marketing and sale of low-cost, low-quality garments that fall out of vogue with increasing speed, is a major contributor to these devastating trends," Newman says. "In 2021, approximately 1.2 million tons of textiles were disposed of in California. Despite 95 percent of textiles being reusable or recyclable, only 15 percent are currently recycled or reused,” according to Newman.

SB 707 will “facilitate a transition to a sustainable, market-aligned and circular economy for textiles, unlocking both new production and consumption opportunities that will benefit the environment,” say its backers, adding, “The bill will also strengthen the ability of thrift stores and charities to handle unsellable garments and combat textile waste by incentivizing the use of more sustainable and easier to recycle materials.”

https://www.wastetodaymagazine.com/news/california-senator-newman-textile-epr-recycling-senate-bill-707/

Redigert 03.07.2024 kl 22:51 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
04.07.2024 kl 15:24 776

Overgangsfasen på 6 måneder for Ungarns pantesystem er nå tilbakelagt.

Fra 1.juli 2024 er kun drikkevarer i flasker og bokser med pant tilgjengelig i handel.

Her få vi vite blant annet vite at Tomra til nå har utplassert 1 500 panteautomater i Ungarn. Primært der de største volumene samles inn, i super- og hypermarkeder.

Hungary's deposit return scheme now entering new era with end of transition period

04 Jul 2024

Hungary started its environmental transformation with the launch of its deposit return system (DRS) on 1 January 2024. On 1 July, Hungary entered the next phase for its DRS, with the end of its six-month transition period, during which time drink producers could place on the market beverage packaging both with and without deposit markings. From 1 July, only properly marked and registered drink containers can be available for consumer purchase, so now the DRS is fully in place and prepared to take on the challenge of enhancing Hungary’s environmental efforts.
TOMRA Collection Hungary has been pivotal in setting up the DRS infrastructure. With extensive experience from similar projects in Slovakia, Lithuania and other countries, TOMRA Collection has tailored its technology and expertise to meet Hungary’s unique requirements.

TOMRA has already deployed over 1500 reverse vending machines across Hungary in various formats of stores – mostly supermarkets and hypermarkets. “TOMRA’s RVMs are designed to handle a high volume of returns, accurately identify and sort different types of containers, and provide instant deposit refunds,” continues Dávid Bakos.

https://www.tomra.com/en/reverse-vending/media-center/news/2024/hungary-deposit-return-scheme-transition
Rect Angel
05.07.2024 kl 12:05 676

Følelsen er definitivt at et mye større marked nå er under oppseiling for TOMRA Recycling i UK. Og suksessivt, i stadig økende grad, også for TOMRA Collection Solutions selvfølgelig, i forbindelse med at et nasjonalt pantesystem for hele UK skal på plass og være oppe og gå i 2027.

Og vi må heller ikke glemme Tomras nye divisjon TOMRA Horizon her, som nok også kommer til å få store forretningsmuligheter i UK, som følge av gårsdagens valgresultat og Labours valgløfter om en mye større satsing på sirkulær økonomi i UK.

TOMRA Horizon

https://www.tomra.com/en/about-tomra/tomra-horizon

Does Labour victory signal new era for UK circular economy?

Sustainability, Legislation and Regulation, Policy and Strategy, Resource Management

5th July 2024

The Labour Party has emerged victorious in the UK’s general election, securing a commanding (at the time of publishing) 410 seats in the House of Commons, compared to the Conservative Party’s 144. Will the party now deliver on its sustainable and circular economy promises?
A Green Shift in Policy

As Labour prepares to take the reins, for many, the spotlight is on their environmental agenda, particularly their commitment to a circular economy. This shift promises to address the UK’s pressing waste and sustainability issues, paving the way for reduced material footprint and enhanced resource efficiency.

Libby Peake, head of resources at Green Alliance, emphasised the importance of this transition: “The Labour Party is right to commit to a more circular economy – the public wants it and it is desperately needed to meet our legally-binding climate and nature commitments.”

Michael Topham, CEO of Biffa, also expressed optimism about the new government’s approach. “We’re pleased to welcome the new Government and look forward to working with them to deliver the ambitious vision of a circular economy. A stable and clear policy environment with realistic timetables and as much consistency as possible across all devolved nations will be key to allowing the waste sector to invest and innovate,” Topham stated.

Industry Priorities and Initiatives

Biffa, a leading waste management company, has outlined several priorities for the new government to focus on, including the successful implementation of Extended Producer Responsibility, Simpler Recycling, and a UK-wide deposit return scheme for drinks bottles and cans.

Topham also urged the government to make the Plastics Packaging Tax more ambitious, ban the export of unprocessed plastic waste, and support the decarbonisation of the waste sector through promoting carbon capture and zero emissions collections.
As Labour steps into leadership, the environmental and sustainability sectors will be eagerly awaiting for Labour to set this new transformative path towards sustainability, with a focus on circular economy principles, waste reduction, and green investments.

“With the right policies in place, the waste sector has the skills, capital and ambition to deliver a circular economy for the UK. Delivering a more sustainable UK waste sector is not easy but represents a huge opportunity. We are ready to support the new Government in rising to the challenge,” Topham concluded.

https://www.circularonline.co.uk/news/does-labour-victory-signal-new-era-for-uk-circular-economy/
Redigert 05.07.2024 kl 13:19 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
08.07.2024 kl 10:27 567

TOMRA Collection.

Noen analytikere og noen investorer her hjemme har en stund nå 'hausset' en Tomra konkurrent, men følelsen er uansett at de skal måtte jobbe hardt de som vil henge med i konkurransen med TOMRA Collection.

Flott artikkel fra kode24 som bare 'må' leses i sin helhet. Her er innledningen.

Sånn lager utviklerne framtidas pantemaskin – med pantelapp på mobilen

Nå skal du ikke lenger trenge å vente til panteautomaten er ferdig. Vi besøkte Tomra, der utviklerne jobber med det de kaller fremtidens panteopplevelse.

Kurt Lekanger
journalist, kode24

Hva om du kunne slippe å måtte pante én og én flaske og vente på pantelappen, og bare gå rett inn i butikken etter at du har tømt posen med tomflasker inn i panteautomaten?

Det er nettopp en slik løsning ingeniørene og utviklerne hos Tomra jobber med nå. Nå tester Tomra et konsept hvor du kan få pantelappen på mobilen, og ikke lenger behøve å vente til automaten er ferdig.

– Kundene ønsker å komme til maskinen, levere flaskene og gå, sier Rune Hamnvik, seniorutvikler i Tomra.

Vi besøkte Tomra i Asker for å høre om selskapets nye panteautomat, Tomra R2, og ikke minst få innblikk i koden bak panteautomaten. Her går det i mye C og C++, kan vi avsløre.

Selskapet har fra før av en panteautomat – R1 – der du også kan tømme alle flaskene inn i et hull. Men mens R1 krever ganske mye plass, skal R2 kunne brukes også i mindre butikker.

Trenger ikke vente

Hamnvik er "software lead" på Tomras såkalte Revolver-prosjekt, som er prosjektet som jobber med å utvikle den nye Tomra R2-automaten. Mens R1 allerede kan brukes i over 600 butikker i 16 land, er R2 foreløpig bare under testing i seks ulike land – inkludert et par butikker i Norge.

Endelig lansering er i september.

Hamnvik forteller at en av nyvinningene i R2 er det som kalles "Drop and go", samt "digital voucher", som er under utvikling nå.

Slik virker Drop & Go:

Bruk mobilen til å skanne en QR-kode på skjermen til panteautomaten

Tøm alle flaskene dine i et stort hull i automaten

Du kan nå forlate maskinen og gå inn i butikken for å handle

Når maskinen er ferdig, får du pantelappen på mobilen

https://www.kode24.no/artikkel/sann-lager-utviklerne-framtidas-pantemaskin-med-pantelapp-pa-mobilen/81602790

kode24

https://www.kode24.no/
Redigert 08.07.2024 kl 11:39 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
09.07.2024 kl 15:31 487

TOMRA Mining.

Taler for seg, for den som velger å lese.

PRESS RELEASE

PAN GLOBAL ANNOUNCES POSITIVE ORE SORTING RESULT FOR COPPER AND TIN MINERALIZATION AT LA ROMANA PROJECT, SPAIN

VANCOUVER, BC, July 9, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Pan Global Resources Inc. ("Pan Global" or the "Company") (TSXV: PGZ) (OTCQX: PGZFF) (FRA: 2EU) is pleased to announce a positive result from the initial investigation of X-Ray Transmission ("XRT") sensor technology for sorting and pre-concentration of the La Romana copper and tin mineralization at the Company's 100% owned Escacena Project in the Iberian Pyrite Belt, southern Spain. Drilling continues to test and delineate the western extent of the La Romana copper-tin-silver deposit, which now extends 1.5km east-west over surface.

"The positive result shows very promising potential for sorting and pre-concentration of the copper and tin mineralization at La Romana using TOMRA's XRT+EM technology. This widely used technology has potential to reduce costs through the removal of waste material prior to ore processing and help maximize the efficiency and recovery of valuable material downstream," said Tim Moody, Pan Global's President & CEO.

"Ore sorting may also increase options to process La Romana material at nearby mine facilities and enhance product value by increasing average grades in the pre-concentrated material being delivered and reducing overall volumes for processing. A further potential benefit is to lower environmental impacts. The latest generation of ore sorting technology is being adopted at a number of operating mines to improve profitability, including for copper, tin, and other commodities."

Highlights

La Romana Ore Sorting Tests

Pan Global recently sent samples from La Romana to the TOMRA Sorting Mining Test Centre ("TOMRA") in Wedel, Germany. A total of 30 individual rock fragments were passed through TOMRA's COM Tertiary XRT equipment and electromagnetic (EM) sensor. This included copper and tin mineralization, and barren or low-grade material. The results demonstrate a correlation of the mineralization with the XRT response which is a key indicator of the applicability of the XRT+EM sorting technology at La Romana. The test program is being managed and coordinated by Minepro Solutions SL (Spain).

Next steps include a larger sample volume to investigate the sorting efficiency, and assess the economic benefits in the La Romana processing flowsheet. Minepro are continuing work on improving the processing flowsheet, basic engineering design, and preliminary cost estimates ahead of an initial scoping study and Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA).

Sensor-based Ore Sorting Technology

TOMRA is a leading manufacturer of sensor-based sorting technologies for the global mining industry. The XRT (X-Ray Transmission) technology can make it possible to recognize and separate materials depending on their specific atomic density. This technology enables high separation performance in the classification of materials based on their composition.

The latest generation TOMRA sorting technology is designed to provide stable performance, increased capacity, higher recoveries, and reduced cost. It can be placed at various points in a standard mining and processing flowsheet, including the pre-concentration phase, and allows for high volume throughput.

Sensor-based sorting is increasingly being applied in the mining industry to increase productivity, reduce total cash costs, and capital expenditure. Other positive benefits include reducing energy, water, and reagent consumption, reducing waste or tailings volumes, and potential lower cut-off grades and/or upgrade mining reserves. Reducing the volumes of low-grade or barren material being processed also reduces the overall environmental impact.

About the Escacena Project

The Escacena Project comprises a large, contiguous, 5,760-hectare land package controlled 100% by Pan Global in the east of the Iberian Pyrite Belt. Escacena is located near the operating mine at Riotinto and is immediately adjacent to the former Aznalcóllar and Los Frailes mines where Minera Los Frailes/Grupo México is in the final permitting stage with construction anticipated to start in 2024. The Escacena Project hosts Pan Global's La Romana copper-tin-silver and Cañada Honda copper-gold discoveries and a number of other prospective targets, including, Bravo, Barbacena, El Pozo, Romana Norte, San Pablo, Zarcita, Hornitos, La Jarosa, and Romana Deep, and most recently Cortijo.

About Pan Global Resources

Pan Global Resources Inc. is actively targeting copper-rich mineral deposits, given copper's compelling supply-demand fundamentals and outlook for strong long-term prices as a critical metal for global electrification and energy transition. The Company's flagship Escacena Project is located in the prolific Iberian Pyrite Belt in southern Spain, where a favourable permitting track record, excellent infrastructure, mining and professional expertise, and support for copper as a Strategic Raw Material by the European Commission collectively define a tier-one jurisdiction for mining investment. The Pan Global team comprises proven talent in exploration, discovery, development, and mine operations - all of which are committed to operating safely and with utmost respect for the environment and our partnered communities. The Company is a member, and operates under the principles, of the United Nations Global Compact.

Qualified Person

Alvaro Merino, Vice President Exploration for Pan Global Resources and a qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101, has reviewed and approves the scientific and technical information in this media release, including the exploration and sampling by SIEMCALSA. Mr. Merino is not independent of the Company.

On behalf of the Board of Directors

https://www.adnkronos.com/immediapress/eng/pan-global-announces-positive-ore-sorting-result-for-copper-and-tin-mineralization-at-la-romana-project-spain_5WTwRJUEDvVlWhg5VhhmWr
Rect Angel
09.07.2024 kl 20:02 435

AI selskapet TOMRA. TOMRAs teknologi anvender AI/deep learning innen alle selskapets forretningsområder, og har gjort det lenge.

TOMRA Food.

Artikkel:

TOMRA LUCAi® technology transforms Freshco's apple grading, tackling stem splints and punctures with precision

July 09 , 2024

Founded in 1989, the Fresh Fruit Company of New Zealand (Freshco) is a leading fruit and vegetable exporter based in Auckland, New Zealand, with orchards, packing houses, cool stores, and offices in key growing locations throughout the country.  It grows and sources high-quality apples that meet the stringent quality and safety requirements of its demanding customers around the world.  

Freshco recently implemented the new LUCAi® upgrade package on its TOMRA Spectrim grading platform and found it to be a game-changer. It allows Freshco to not only tackle laborious stem split and puncture defects, but to move seamlessly between varieties without making adjustments. 

https://www.freshfruitportal.com/news/2024/07/09/tomra-lucai-technology-transforms-freshcos-apple-grading-tackling-stem-splints-and-punctures-with-precision/

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdiENF58moA