Tomra Systems - nyheter

Rect Angel
TOM 29.12.2022 kl 00:30 79784

Slik jeg ser det, er Tomra Systems et fantastisk, grønt teknologiselskap. Globalt ledende og perfekt rigget for å betjene sterkt økende etterspørsel innen alle selskapets forretningsområder, i tiår fremover. Velger å starte denne tråden på forumet for 'Grønne aksjer'.

Har benyttet kursfallet den senere tid til å ta en posisjon i Tomra Systems. Dette fordi jeg er av den oppfatning at man skal lete lenge etter et mer opplagt langsiktig investeringsobjekt. Best mulig kurs er selvsagt å foretrekke, men er ikke så veldig opptatt av kortsiktige bevegelser i aksjekursen. Hensikten med denne trådstarten er primært å poste noen lenker av og til, til nyheter jeg måtte komme over som følge av at jeg er interessert i hva som skjer i og rundt selskapet (*). Bare hos Nordnet er det 7 819 aksjeieiere i Tomra Systems, ifølge megleren. Så selv om det er 'helt stille' rundt selskapet her på forumet, tenker jeg likevel at det kan være et visst 'marked' for litt nytt, en gang i blant.

Quick-change MRF

Santa Barbara County’s Resource Center sorts MSW and single-stream recyclables using the same circuit with Tomra Autosort units to reduce landfilling.

December 28, 2022
Rick Zettler

https://www.recyclingtoday.com/article/santa-barbara-county-resource-center-processes-msw-and-single-stream-recyclables/

* Hvis artikler er på et annet språk enn engelsk eller norsk, gjengis overskriftene oversatt til engelsk mens lenken er til artikkelen på originalspråk slik at man selv kan velge hvilket språk man eventuelt ønsker å oversette artikkelen til
Redigert 05.10.2023 kl 22:45 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
16.07.2024 kl 00:07 1787

Commentary: Bringing NextLooPP to the Americas

Following a study to characterize residual contamination in recycled polypropylene for food-grade applications, NextLooPP is poised to bring its technology to the Americas.

EDWARD KOSIOR OF NEXTEK LTD. | JULY 12, 2024
Sorting developments

Whilst the multiparticipant project finetunes the resin quality standards that are poised to become typical for FGrPP, recent trials conducted by NextLooPP together with Tomra have confirmed a breakthrough in the automatic sorting of food-grade PP packaging.

These sorting trials held in February, which combined Tomra’s near-infrared, visual spectrometry with the company’s latest deep-learning technology GAINnext, achieved food-grade purity levels exceeding 95 percent in packaging applications.

This exciting development is a boost to the NextLooPP project, as GAINnext has the potential to be rolled out to all PP packaging sorting facilities and will help produce valuable FGrPP postconsumer recycling (PCR) streams.

By providing a sorted food-grade PP PCR stream, GAINnext™ will enable the NextLooPP decontamination process to be carried out in many more recycling operations globally.

Breaking the final barriers

After close to four years of intense collaboration, the NextLooPP participants are now breaking down the final barriers to producing food-grade recycled PP from postconsumer packaging into new circular economy products, and the NextLooPP team is looking forward to launching the NextLooPP Americas project to achieve similar results. 

https://www.recyclingtoday.com/news/bringing-nextloopp-to-the-americas/

NextLooPP

https://www.nextloopp.com/

SORTING FOCUS

Sorting it out

When it comes to the latest artificial intelligence recycling options, choosing the right technology and supplier is critical.

BY TY RHOAD OF TOMRA RECYCLING | JULY 2024

https://www.recyclingtoday.com/article/sorting-it-out-artificial-intelligence-in-recycling-operations/

NEWS

McDonald’s, Starbucks, and PepsiCo lead city-wide trial of default reusable cups

15 JULY 2024

The Coca-Cola

Company, PepsiCo, Starbucks, McDonald’s, and other big brands are collaborating with Closed Loop Partners to roll out reusable cups as default takeaway packaging across restaurants in Petaluma, California, and encourage consumers to reuse their beverage containers.
Back in January, the municipality of Aarhus worked with TOMRA to pilot the ‘world’s first’ open-managed system for reusable takeaway packaging; the solution anticipated city-wide transitions away from single-use packaging. In its initial stage, the system was compatible with hot and cold drinks containers, such as takeaway coffee cups.

https://packagingeurope.com/news/mcdonalds-starbucks-and-pepsico-lead-city-wide-trial-of-default-reusable-cups/11602.article
Rect Angel
16.07.2024 kl 12:11 1681

Supermarkedgiganten ALDI er fornøyd med utviklingen når det gjelder pantesystemet som gikk live i Irland i februar i år.

Som man kan lese her, er det TOMRA som er leverandør av pantemaskiner til ALDI.

SHOPPERS EMBRACING BOTTLE AND CAN RECYCLING SCHEME IN LAOIS

TUESDAY, JULY 16, 2024

By Joe Barrett

According to Aldi, since the introduction of the Deposit Return Scheme (DRS) in February, more than 730,000 items have deposited in its Reverse Vending Machines (RVMs) in its two stores in Laois.

It said in that time the machines have returned almost €125,000 in vouchers.

The retail giant said that June was the most successful month to date for the DRS at its stores in Portlaoise and Portarlington with 290,000 items returns.

It said its stores have seen a steady increase in the numbers of items returned since the scheme was introduced. Under the scheme empty bottles and cans marked with the Re-turn logo can be returned to the RVMs at all participating retailers, regardless of where the item was originally purchased. Customers receive a voucher for their returned items, which can be put against their shopping bill or returned in cash.

The scheme aims to reduce the amount of litter across towns, villages and the countryside by incentivising consumers to recycle their empty items.

Plastics and Packaging Manager at ALDI Ireland Jason Carolan said: “The DRS scheme has been very popular. Since February of this year, the number of items being returned on a monthly basis has steadily increased.

“We’re sure that it will continue to grow from strength to strength, and we’re excited to see the innovative ways that sports clubs and charitable organisations look to harness its potential.

Managing Director at TOMRA Collection Ireland the supplier of ALDI’s DRS machines Peter Whelan said: “With our reverse vending machines, consumers can be guaranteed of the utmost quality and reliability. The volume of bottles and cans being processed through the machines located across ALDI stores show how customers are really embracing the Irish scheme.”

https://laois-nationalist.ie/2024/07/16/shoppers-embracing-bottle-and-can-recycling-scheme-in-laois/
Rect Angel
16.07.2024 kl 14:22 1655

Mer jubel for Tomras pantemaskiner, fra ALDI Irland.

De to neste europeiske nasjonene som skal ha pantesystem opp og gå fra 2025 er Polen og Østerrike. ALDI er store både i Polen (blir Europas nest største pantemarked etter Tyskland) og Østerrike. I Østerrike opererer ALDI under navnet HOFER. Og den som har fulgt med på denne tråden, vet at Tomra allerede har jobbet lenge med HIFER i Østerrike.

Har egentlig tenkt at jeg har mitt før Q2 2024 fredag, men blir nesten litt fristet til å øke litt slik kursen nå presses nedover på børsen.

More than a million items returned to date as ALDI DRS picks up steam in Mayo

Published: Tue 16 Jul 2024, 12:50 PM

More than a million items returned to date as ALDI DRS picks up steam in Mayo

https://www.con-telegraph.ie/2024/07/16/more-than-a-million-items-returned-to-date-as-aldi-drs-picks-up-steam-in-mayo/

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/home/1555513/louth-shoppers-redeem-more-than-265-000-in-deposits-at-aldi.html

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/1555489/320-000-in-deposits-have-been-returned-to-kildare-aldi-stores-in-deposit-return-scheme-so-far.html

https://www.longfordleader.ie/news/business/1555692/shoppers-have-redeemed-more-than-68-000-in-deposits-at-aldis-store-in-longford-town.html
Redigert 16.07.2024 kl 18:23 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
19.07.2024 kl 08:07 1570

Tomras ebita-resultat klart högre än väntat

I dag kl. 07:10 ∙ Finwire

Tomra Systems

Norska Tomra, som tillverkar pantsystem, redovisar en omsättning som var högre än väntat under andra kvartalet. Nettovinsten minskade under perioden. Ebita-resultatet inkom klart högre än vad analytikerkåren förväntat sig.

Omsättningen steg 0,3 procent till 333 miljoner euro (332). Utfallet kan jämföras med bolagets analytikerkonsensus som låg på 306.

Ebita-resultatet uppgick till 43 miljoner euro (46), väntat 34, med en ebita-marginal på 12,9 procent (13,9).

https://www.nordnet.no/market/news/cc10ebd7-cc53-4b9b-9cde-dbd795a413eb

Tomra Systems ASA: TOMRA: 2Q 2024 - Continued strong momentum in Collection; Gross margin improvements across all divisions

I dag kl. 07:00 ∙ Cision

Tomra Systems

TOMRA, the global technology leader in sensor-based solutions for optimal resource productivity, announces its financial results for the second quarter 2024.

Revenues for the Group amounted to 333 MEUR in the quarter, in line with the second quarter last year. Collection revenues grew 15% to 193 MEUR compared to the second quarter 2023, with strong sales in all regions. In Recycling, revenues declined 15% to 57 MEUR compared to the second quarter 2023, in line with the estimated backlog conversion ratio for the quarter. In Food, the softer market sentiment led to a decline in revenues of 16% to 82 MEUR compared to the second quarter 2023, which is a 4 percentage points higher backlog conversion ratio than estimated.

The combined order backlog in Recycling and Food grew 16% to an all-time high 252 MEUR compared to the second quarter last year, despite the order intake being down 12% and 2% to 65 MEUR and 83 MEUR in Recycling and Food respectively.

Gross margins for TOMRA Group increased from 42% to 44% in the second quarter compared to the same period last year, with improvements in all three divisions. Compared to the second quarter last year, Collection's gross margin increased from 39% to 40%, Recycling's from 51% to 53% and Food's from 43% to 45%. The increases are driven by a positive business and product mix as well as price adjustments.

Operating expenses in the quarter were 101 MEUR (excluding 0.5 MEUR one-off costs), which is in line with the previous two quarters.

EBITA, adjusted for one-off costs, was 44 MEUR in the quarter compared to 46 MEUR in the second quarter last year.

Earnings per share excluding one-off costs amounted to 0.08 MEUR in the second quarter compared to 0.09 MEUR in the same quarter last year.

Highlights 2Q 2024 (comparison figures are from the second quarter last year)

Revenues amounted to 333 MEUR in TOMRA Group, in line with last year

Revenue growth of 15% in Collection, but down 15% in Recycling and down 16% in Food

Gross margin of 44%, up from 42%

Operating expenses of 101 MEUR (ex. 0.5 MEUR one-off costs), in line with the previous two quarters

EBITA adj. was 44 MEUR, down 4%

Cash flow from operations was 34 MEUR, up from 3 MEUR

Recycling order intake down 12% to 65 MEUR and order backlog growth of 9% to record high 133 MEUR

Food order intake down 2% to 83 MEUR and order backlog growth of 23% to 119 MEUR

Tove Andersen, President and CEO of TOMRA Systems ASA comments:

"It is great to see the strong momentum continuing in our Collection division, and it is encouraging to see a steady introduction of new deposit return schemes (DRS). Installations of reverse vending machines have continued at a good pace in Romania and Hungary. We are also experiencing high activity in Austria which will introduce DRS for single use containers in January 2025. The market sentiment is still softer in Recycling and Food, where revenues were down as expected in the quarter. Despite this, the order intake was solid and the combined order backlog is at a record high level - highlighting the continued need for automation and increased circularity to enable a world without waste".

Webcast 2Q 2024

President & CEO Tove Andersen and CFO Eva Sagemo will present the results today at 08:00 CEST. The presentation and Q&A session will be sent via live webcast and will be available on demand shortly after the presentation: https://channel.royalcast.com/hegnarmedia/#!/hegnarmedia/20240719_2

Analysts and investors who would like to actively participate in the live Q&A session must register separately for the TEAMS webinar: https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/4dd02b3c-c739-42d2-8b4b-1accd763de91@4308d118-edd1-4300-8a37-cfeba8ad5898

Capital Markets Day 2024

TOMRA will be hosting a Capital Markets Day on 5 September 2024 in Alicante, Spain. Presentations will be held by TOMRA's executive management, followed by an exclusive opportunity to experience TOMRA's food grading and sorting technology at customer's citrus packhouse. Participants will also have the opportunity to engage directly with representatives from TOMRA's management team in smaller breakout meetings.

Date: 5 September 2024

Time: 08:00 - 17:00 CEST (est.)

Registration is required and more information is available on: https://circular-economy.tomra.com/capital-markets-day-2024

Asker, 19 July 2024 TOMRA Systems ASA

https://www.nordnet.no/market/news/78a818ee-2a79-4865-864e-a6ca86e88922
Rect Angel
19.07.2024 kl 10:48 1487

God helg.

Tomra-aksjen stiger over ni prosent på Oslo Børs.

Analytiker Andreas Nibe Nygård i Nordea sier til E24 at driftsresultatet (ebit) på 39 millioner euro var 30 prosent bedre enn ventet.

– Det er veldig sterkt og det er bra i alle segment. Ting ser veldig bra ut, sier han.

Nygård fremhever at pantesegmentet («collection») leverer bra.

– Ledelsen kom med tiltak innen matsegmentet («food») sensommeren i fjor som nå viser seg å ha bra effekt og innen «recycling» så har dagens marginer og resultat fjernet tvilen som kom i forrige kvartal, sier han.

«Collection» omfatter selskapets flaskepant-maskiner. «Recycling» er sorteringssystemer til bruk på ressurser som malm og mineraler, og «food» er sortering av tørket og fersk frukt og prosessert mat som nøtter.

https://e24.no/boers-og-finans/i/qPPX7o/tomra-byks-paa-oslo-boers-ser-veldig-bra-ut
Rect Angel
22.07.2024 kl 18:36 1305

Britene har omsider bestemt seg for å innføre pantesystem for plastflasker og bokser (Wales argumenterer foreløpig også for glassflasker) for hele UK i 2027.

Nå kommer britisk avfallsindustri på banen med krav om innføring av ERP (Extended Producer Responsibility) og pantesystem for batterier, inklusive produkter med ladbare batterier.

Tenker vi foreløpig kun er i startfasen når det gjelder sirkulær økonomi og at knapt noen er posisjonert som Tomra Systems når det gjelder å lede an i og profittere på (den teknologiske) utviklingen som venter innen sirkulær økonomi (resirkulering og gjenbruk).

CIWM white paper calls for reform to UK battery recycling

CIWM, Circular Economy, Legislation and Regulation

22nd July 2024

CIWM has called for extended producer responsibility (EPR) for batteries (and products containing batteries) and a targeted deposit return scheme (DRS).

The Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) made the call in its new “An EPR of Everything, Starting with Batteries” white paper.

The white paper is based on an extensive research programme report commissioned by CIWM and carried out by env23 Ltd.

The white paper identified the lack of clear and impactful consumer information; the dramatic increase of batteries in everyday items; and the failure of producer responsibility rules to keep pace with the changing chemistry and pervasiveness of battery technology as the three main reasons for their incorrect disposal.

CIWM said the fires caused by the batteries people dispose of are causing a “major crisis” for the waste and resource management sector, taxpayers and the communities in which they occur.

In 2022-23, there were more than 1200 fires caused, or suspected to be caused, by batteries at UK waste and recycling facilities or in collection vehicles.

The cost of damage and lost time from lithium-ion battery waste fires is estimated to be in the region of 158 million, according to research by Eunomia from 2021.

The vast majority of these fires were avoidable and resulted from batteries, in particular high powered, rechargeable batteries that should not have been placed in a bin but taken to a collection point, CIWM said.

Consumer research undertaken for the report found that 40% of those surveyed chose the “wrong” option when asked how to dispose of an electric toothbrush.

Where batteries can be removed, however, they are much more likely to be taken back to a retailer or collection point with almost 70% of people saying they would do so.

The report found a strong level of public support for the use of deposits for items such as batteries, with 51% saying they would use the scheme on “all or most occasions” and a further 32% saying they would use it on “some” occasions.

https://www.circularonline.co.uk/news/ciwm-white-paper-calls-for-reform-to-uk-battery-recycling/

New report on advanced sorting and plastic circularity in Europe

Can advanced sorting contribute to plastic circularity in Europe?

A new report, researched and drafted by Eunomia Research and Consulting, commissioned by Amcor and TOMRA, explores how marker and object recognition sorting technology can contribute to circularity and traceability in plastic packaging recycling in Europe.

18 Jul 2024 5 min

The report, entitled Advanced Sorting for Circularity, published today, finds that for many plastic packaging formats, further optimisation of existing sorting technologies is likely to be sufficient for improved circularity. For the remaining sorting challenges, object recognition could be the most cost-effective advanced sorting technology to facilitate increased circularity, including when compared to marker technology.

The plastic packaging industry is currently facing a growing demand for increased sustainability, particularly in increasing recycled content and fostering a circular economy. This pressure varies across Europe but is predominantly driven by public and governmental demands, leading to brand owners adopting more sustainable practices. EU legislation also enacts requirements around packaging, particularly the anticipated Packaging and Packaging Waste Regulation (PPWR), expected to go into effect later in 2024.

This new report explores how marker and object recognition sorting technologies can contribute to circularity and traceability in plastic packaging recycling, specifically within the EU, Norway, Switzerland, and the UK.

https://www.tomra.com/en/news-and-media/news/2024/new-report-on-advanced-sorting-and-plastic-circularity-in-europe
Redigert 22.07.2024 kl 19:13 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
23.07.2024 kl 12:22 1185

Under Q2 2024 presentasjonen nå fredag 19.juli opplyste Tomra-ledelsen at TOMRA Collection kom ut noe sterkere enn forventet fra kvartalet som en følge av større inntekter enn forventet i Østerrike og Romania. Østerrikes pantesystem går først live i 2025, men vi vet at TOMRA Collection allerede en god stund har jobbet med f.eks. supermarkedkjeden HOFER i Østerrike.

Når det gjelder Romania, gikk rumenernes pantesystem live i år. Konkret hvilke aktører/butikkjeder i TOMRA Collection jobber med, vet jeg ikke. TOMRA Collection melder sjelden spesifikt om den type avtaler. Det vi imidlertid vet, er at TOMRA Collection har stått for pantemaskinene i hele 5 promotion-kampanjer fungerte som oppkjøring frem mot åpningen av det rumenske pantesystemet, sammen med bl.a. Carrefour og Coca-Cola.

CARREFOUR ROMANIA IS LAUNCHING THE LAST EDITION OF THE “PAYMENT WITH PET” PROGRAM

CIRCULAR ECONOMY NEWS
PUBLISHED ON SEPTEMBER 5, 2023

Between September 1 and November 24, Payment with PET returns for the fifth and last edition, this time in all cities where

Carrefour is present with hypermarkets, in partnership with Coca-Cola HBC Romania, GreenPoint Management, TOMRA, FEPRA and ECO Synergy. The program aims to facilitate the transition of consumers to the European standards of selective collection by promoting nature-friendly habit and behavior.

https://www.sustainability-today.ro/index.php/2023/09/05/carrefour-romania-is-launching-the-last-edition-of-the-payment-with-pet-program/

Så til denne ferske nyhet fra Polen om at Carrefour, Polen er i full gang med oppkjøringen mot åpningen av det som blir verdens nest største pantesystem (etter Tyskland) og går live 01.01.2025. Som man kan lese, uttaler Carrefour at bare det aller beste er godt nok for butikkjeden. Tenker det må være lov å være litt optimist på vegne av Tomra her.

"We are working to ensure that Carrefour stands out from other stores receiving packaging, not only in terms of quality and customer convenience, but also in terms of speed of service and positive shopping experiences" - says Sylwester Mroczek, Manager of the Formats and Trade Concepts Development Department.

CARREFOUR POLSKA HAS STARTED INSTALLING AUTOMATIC BOTTLE MACHINES. THIS IS PREPARATION FOR THE DEPOSIT SYSTEM

21/07/2024 NEWS 

The aim of the Carrefour initiative is to actively involve Poles in the recovery of secondary raw materials as quickly as possible and facilitate their access to return points for used packaging throughout the country.

Carrefour Polska has started installing automatic bottle machines in Warsaw, under which the network will collect from customers 3 fractions of waste covered by the deposit system starting on January 1, 2025.

Although legislative work on the final shape of the deposit system in Poland is still ongoing, further initiatives are appearing on the market aimed at preparing Poles for the new law and changing their current habits in dealing with waste such as plastic, glass or aluminum. The latest of them is the installation of machines in Warsaw's Carrefour stores allowing the return of used plastic bottles and aluminum beverage cans, as well as returnable glass bottles.

PETfur

Automatic bottle machines with the humorous name PETfur are created both in hypermarkets belonging to the chain, as well as smaller stores, such as supermarkets and local stores. Carrefour is one of the largest omnichannel chains in Poland, which has over 800 stores in our country and operates in almost every market format. This company is also a significant manufacturer, as it already offers over 4,000 products under its own brand. This means that, in accordance with the new act, its obligation will not only be to collect beverage packaging from customers and calculate and pay a deposit, but also to collect the quantities of packaging for products placed on the market provided for in the regulations. 

- The installation of machines for collecting used packaging in our Warsaw stores is another step towards Carrefour Polska launching a full-fledged deposit system in accordance with the requirements of the Act this year. Our goal is, on the one hand, to prepare our stores for active participation in the new system, but also to educate the Polish public about the benefits of returning deposit packaging. We created the humorous name PETfur for our bottle machines to also reach the young generation, which is one of the largest groups consuming drinks in PET packaging. We have been testing various models of this system in various formats of our stores for almost 3 years. We have developed know-how, which we will now gradually scale into our entire chain of stores. Today we are ready to accept 100% glass returnable bottles from customers, and we are currently focusing on refining the PET and aluminum handling model. We are working to ensure that Carrefour stands out from other stores receiving packaging, not only in terms of quality and customer convenience, but also in terms of speed of service and positive shopping experiences - says Sylwester Mroczek, Manager of the Formats and Trade Concepts Development Department.

3 years of testing, 20 million collected packages and 45 million bottles 

Carrefour is one of the first retail chains in Poland to start preparations for the implementation of the deposit system. Already in December 2020, the chain in its Warsaw stores began manual collection of returnable glass bottles without the need to show proof of their purchase and paying customers a full deposit in payment vouchers.

To date, Carrefour has already received over 45 million glass bottles from customers, which means more than twice as much reception of this type of packaging as their sales in all chain stores during the test period.

In January 2023, the company expanded its preparations for the implementation of the deposit system and, together with EKOPunkt Packaging Recovery Organization, started automatic collection of beverage packaging in 10 hyper- and supermarkets in the Silesian Voivodeship. As part of it, Carrefour began accepting used plastic and aluminum packaging from customers, paying 15 groszy for each piece, and customers receive these funds in the form of e-vouchers with which they can immediately pay for purchases. This test is still being carried out, and over the past 1.5 years the company has managed to collect over 20 million packages from customers that have been professionally recycled. 

In March 2024, she created and presented the first product in Poland that meets all the requirements of the new act and sets trends in the upcoming deposit system. It is mineral water produced under Carrefour's own brand and offered in a 0.5 liter plastic package. The bottle label of this water is equipped with a two-dimensional code compliant with the GS1 standard, which provides much more information about the product and data important in the supply chain and returnable packaging circulation.

The code allows, among other things, to optimize key business processes on the part of entities operating the deposit system, and significantly increases the security of returnable packaging circulation, protecting it against possible abuses. The bottle label also contains information about the deposit amount, the deposit system operator, and recommends not crushing the packages and returning them to recover the deposit.

https://interaktywnie.com/carrefour-polska-rozpoczal-montaz-automatycznych-butelkomatow-to-przygotowanie-do-systemu-kaucyjnego/
Redigert 23.07.2024 kl 12:39 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
26.07.2024 kl 12:17 956

TOMRA Recycling

Wyllie Recycling invests in TOMRA to upgrade mixed containers MRF

Wyllie Recycling, one of Scotland’s leading family-owned recycling businesses, has invested in three TOMRA Autosort optical sorters as part of a £3m upgrade at the company’s mixed containers MRF in Perth.

By Waqas Qureshi 25 July 2024

Autosort is a multifunctional sorting system which uses advanced sensors, including NIR (near infrared) and optionally MIR (mid infrared) spectroscopy, to precisely identify different polymer types.

It allows for much more accurate sorting than traditional methods which rely on colour or shape recognition alone. It is capable of processing large volumes of material quickly and its compact and ultra-flexible design mean it can integrate seamlessly into both new and existing plants.
Autosort is a multifunctional sorting system which uses advanced sensors, including NIR (near infrared) and optionally MIR (mid infrared) spectroscopy, to precisely identify different polymer types.

It allows for much more accurate sorting than traditional methods which rely on colour or shape recognition alone. It is capable of processing large volumes of material quickly and its compact and ultra-flexible design mean it can integrate seamlessly into both new and existing plants.
John Gilmour, commercial manager, Wyllie Recycling, said: “When we began planning our MRF upgrade, we wanted a proven technology which would be reliable, affordable and, critically, could produce the material quality requirements of our buyers. TOMRA’s Autosort units deliver on all of these counts. We are achieving excellent tonnage throughput and high purity levels, without incurring any additional labour costs. We’ve gone from selling our recovered polymers as mixed plastic bottles to producing six grades of exceptionally high purity food-grade products"

https://www.packagingnews.co.uk/equipment/investment-installations/wyllie-recycling-invests-3m-in-tomra-to-upgrade-mixed-containers-mrf-25-07-2024

TOMRA Mining

Like magic: Vertex Minerals reveals 337pc grade increase as it looks to restart Reward gold mine

Story by Special Report
• 1d • 2 min read
Special Report: Vertex Minerals has announced a whopping 337.2% increase in grade during ore sorting to 16.22g/t gold as it gears up to restart the Reward gold mine in NSW.   
Vertex Minerals (ASX:VTX) has now completed an ore sorting test program with TOMRA to assess the potential of upgrading the ore prior to further processing through the Hill End gravity gold mill.  Low grade stockpiles have shown an excellent response to ore sorting with 79% mass reduction achieved with a corresponding gold recovery of 94%.
Vertex believes the ore sorting technology can positively impact the sustainability and profitability of its operations at Reward by processing high-grade ore post sorting, resulting in reduced energy and water consumption, leading to lower operating costs and a reduced carbon footprint.

“The ore sorting results are compelling and confirm the Reward gold ore is perfectly suited for this technology,” Vertex executive chairman Roger Jackson said.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/markets/like-magic-vertex-minerals-reveals-337pc-grade-increase-as-it-looks-to-restart-reward-gold-mine/ar-BB1qArw0?ocid=BingNewsVerp

TOMRA Recycling

Tomra GAINnext sorting device targets UBCs

Equipment provider says its sorting device uses deep learning technology to identify used beverage cans in mixed material streams.

BRIAN TAYLOR | JULY 18, 2024

The Tomra Recycling business unit of Norway-based Tomra Systems ASA says its new packaging sorting device GAINnext uses deep learning technology—a subset of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning—to identify different types of containers on a moving belt.

GAINnext, now available in North America, offers what Tomra says is a high-throughput solution for used beverage can (UBC) aluminum recovery that delivers 98 percent purity or higher without manual sorting.
Tomra says GAINnext has been developed as an end-of-line solution for MRFs that can be integrated into existing lines with the object of lowering overall costs and improving sorting line ROI.

“Tomra’s experience with AI spans decades as our optical sorting equipment leverages traditional AI to automate sorting lines," says Indrajeed Prasad, product manager of deep learning at Tomra Recycling. "GAINnext is trained to see what the human eye can see and detects thousands of objects by visual differences in milliseconds.

"The deep learning subset of AI creates a hierarchical level of artificial neurons to solve the most complex sorting tasks. We are delighted that our new application focuses on the critical recovery of UBC aluminum cans and offers customers above 98 percent purity rates.”

https://www.wastetodaymagazine.com/news/tomra-gainnext-aluminum-can-sorting-recycling-deep-learning-ai/

(Ønsker man å lytte til denne artikkelen, er det bare å åpne linken)
Redigert 26.07.2024 kl 15:43 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
30.07.2024 kl 10:36 825

Signifikant nyhet.

En ny æra gryr med den globale markedslederen Tomra i hovedrolle!

I våre dager har et positivt omdømme når det gjelder bærekraft etterhvert blitt et veldig viktig salgsargument for produsenter av forbrukervarer.

Så viktig at vi i dag får presentert nyheten om at Henkel integrerer Tomras teknologi direkte inn i sin virksomhet, for å sikre at produkter når markedet i en emballasje som allerede i utgangspunktet er optimalisert med henblikk på bærekraft.

TOMRA supports Henkel to optimize packaging for recycling

Product manufacturers have a major role to play in the success of recycling. Both TOMRA and Henkel recognize this and are working together to test the consumer-goods producer's packaging for sortability, prior to market launch.

30 Jul 2024

TOMRA Recycling and Henkel, an international operator in the consumer goods and adhesives industry, want to further advance the sortability of packaging. The manufacturer of globally recognized branded products such as Schwarzkopf, Persil and Pritt has installed one of TOMRA’s detection systems in its test laboratory. Going forward, this will be used to test packaging before it is launched on the market to see whether it has the right properties for easy sorting and recycling, after disposal.

Dr. Volker Rehrmann, EVP and Head of TOMRA Recycling: "Sorting is an essential step in ensuring that packaging can be recycled instead of ending up in incineration plants. At TOMRA, we know how product packaging needs to be designed so that modern sorting technologies can recognize it clearly, and we have made it our mission to share this knowledge. A functioning circular economy is only possible if everyone involved in the value chain works together. That’s why collaborations like the one with Henkel are so important." 

​“Design for Recycling”

The test system at Henkel’s site in Düsseldorf is TOMRA’s AUTOSORT™  , which has been on the market for almost 30 years and is a multi-functional sorting solution. The scanner is equipped with a near-infrared and a VIS sensor. Using this sensor combination, the device not only detects the product material type, such as plastics like PP, PET, HDPE or paper, but also the color of the packaging, which can be decisive for sortability. The AUTOSORT™ has been installed in around 100 countries worldwide to date, enabling Henkel to quickly and efficiently achieve results that meet those of real-life industrial plants.  

Alba Santmarti, Packaging Sustainability Manager at Henkel Consumer Brands, adds: "Design for Recycling is an integral part of the product development process at Henkel. We invest in our in-house capacities to check the sortability of our consumer goods packaging at an early stage. This is the only way to recycle valuable materials in subsequent steps and close material cycles.

In the future, the test sorting system will clarify whether the packaging has the right properties to allow it to be sorted properly and recycled in a second step.

https://www.tomra.com/en/waste-metal-recycling/media-center/news/2024/tomra-supports-henkel-to-optimize-packaging-for-recycling

HENKEL

https://www.henkel.com/
Redigert 30.07.2024 kl 10:39 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
30.07.2024 kl 11:06 797

Det kom flere gode nyheter i dag, ser jeg nå. :)

Styremedlem og primærinnsider Erik Osmundsen har tydeligvis troen og klinker til med å kjøpe aksjer for 674 700 NOK!

TOMRA: Mandatory notification of trade

I dag kl. 09:42 ∙ Oslo Børs

Erik Osmundsen, board member and primary insider (PDMR) of TOMRA Systems ASA, has bought 4,000 shares in TOMRA Systems ASA through closely associated company Creo Foundation AS. On 24 July 2,500 shares were bought at NOK 165.00 per share and on 30 July 1,500 shares were bought at 174.80 per share. After the transaction Erik Osmundsen holds 4,200 shares in TOMRA Systems ASA. Further disclosure details can be found in the attached form. Asker, 30 July 2024 TOMRA Systems ASA For further information, please contact: Daniel Sundahl, Head of Investor Relations Tel: +47 91 36 18 99 This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to MAR article 19 and Section 5-12 the Norwegian Securities Trading Act. TOMRA: Mandatory notification of trade 

https://www.nordnet.no/market/news/9ce512af-bb45-43b6-b324-90052e3e34ef
Redigert 30.07.2024 kl 11:06 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
01.08.2024 kl 11:51 694

Super nyhet!

Den nye Labour-regjeringen vil fremskynde innføringen av pantesystem for hele UK, sier minister.

Dette og det øvrige Mary Creagh uttaler her, er selvfølgelig søt musikk i ørene til TOMRA Collection, TOMRA Recycling og TOMRA Horizon.

Det er vel ikke å ta for sterkt i å påstå at den avgåtte Tory- regjeringen 'slepte benene etter seg' på disse områdene.

Circular Economy Minister says DRS to launch before Oct 2027

Environment and Energy, Circular Economy, Legislation and Regulation

1st August 2024

Mary Creagh, minister with responsibility for circular economy, has said the government plans to launch a deposit return scheme for drinks containers before October 2027.

Liberal Democrat Deputy Leader Daisy Cooper asked Creagh whether the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), whether he plans to introduce a deposit return scheme (DRS) for drinks containers before October 2027.

Responding to the parliamentary question, Creagh said: “Yes. This government is committed to creating a roadmap to a zero-waste economy – a future where we keep our resources in use for longer; waste is reduced; we accelerate the path to net zero, we see investment in critical infrastructure and green jobs; our economy prospers; and nature thrives.

“We are reviewing the suite of packaging reforms and are going to work with our devolved government counterparts, industry and other stakeholders to determine the next steps for the DRS. I would be happy to update the House in due course.”

https://www.circularonline.co.uk/news/circular-economy-minister-says-drs-to-launch-before-oct-2027/
Redigert 01.08.2024 kl 11:51 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
01.08.2024 kl 22:52 602

Quartz mining: Sensor-based sorting helps to extract full value

ByMining Review Africa
July 31, 2024

Sensor-based sorting | The global quartz market has been growing steadily, and this trend is set to continue, demanding increasingly high purity levels. The demand comes from industries with varying requirements, so the most precise mineral sorting is needed. This can be achieved with sensor-based colour and laser sorting technologies – applied individually or in combination.
The challenge in quartz sorting

Quartz is one of the most common minerals, found in all rock forms, but doesn’t exist as pure in nature. Its colours range from white and yellow to black, indicating the different contaminants in the mineral. The challenge for mining operations is to meet the specific requirements of the various sectors. The metallurgical and engineered stone industries require reliable delivery of quartz of consistently high chemical purity – and for silicon production and engineered stone manufacturers, a white product with no impurities of the same colour, such as feldspar, is essential.

Other metallurgical sectors will allow varying levels of impurities, with the darker quartz with lower purity going to ferrosilicon production. In addition to meeting these precise requirements, quartz mining operations need to achieve the capacity to meet the rising demand while ensuring their profitability and reducing their environmental impact.

The solution: sensor-based sorting

TOMRA Mining’s tailored solutions combine its colour and laser sorters to differentiate the minerals by colour, composition and size to meet the specific requirements of the mining operation’s customers. This precise sensor-based sorting delivers the high quality they need while reducing waste and increasing productivity.

https://www.miningreview.com/energy/quartz-mining-sensor-based-sorting-helps-to-extract-full-value/

TOMRA to showcase its world-class collection and sensor-based sorting solutions at RWM Expo 2024

Visitors to RWM Expo 2024, which takes place on 11-12 September at the NEC in Birmingham, will have the opportunity to find out about TOMRA Recycling Sorting’s pioneering GAINnext™ applications to separate food-grade from non-food-grade plastics, as well as other world-class sensor-based sorting solutions for waste and metals on Stand ME-E200. 

30 Jul 2024

https://www.tomra.com/en/waste-metal-recycling/media-center/news/2024/tomra-to-showcase-its-world-class-collection-and-sensor-based-sorting-solutions-at-rwm-expo-2024

Waste Expo Australia 2024 shining a spotlight on sustainability

Kody Cook August 1, 2024

https://utilitymagazine.com.au/waste-expo-australia-2024-shining-a-spotlight-on-sustainability/

Press Releases  Waste Management

Extended Producer Responsibility Roundtable Series sparks solutions to Malaysia’s waste challenge through sharing of best practices

Published by Eco-Business
July 26, 2024

https://www.eco-business.com/press-releases/extended-producer-responsibility-roundtable-series-sparks-solutions-to-malaysias-waste-challenge-through-sharing-of-best-practices/
Redigert 01.08.2024 kl 22:57 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
02.08.2024 kl 13:00 502

New survey finds over 80% of people in Poland eager for deposit return scheme

30 Jul 2024

81% of people in Poland believe that a deposit return system (DRS) is the best solution to efficiently collect used drink containers for recycling, according to a recent survey of residents across every province in Poland. When asked about the optimal value for the container deposit, respondents indicated that both 50 groszy and 1 zloty would motivate them to return a single package to the store.
The vast majority of participants in the survey, 81%, support the introduction of a DRS in Poland, viewing it as the best solution for the effective collection of beverage packaging. The results are consistent regardless of respondents' age, gender, or place of residence.

"“This survey shows that the DRS is a tool that is well received by society as a whole, from the oldest to the youngest generations. People in Poland are waiting for the deposit return system and are ready to make changes in their daily habits."

Anna Sapota, Vice President Public Affairs Eastern Europe North at TOMRA Group
The results of this survey speak volumes about the needs of consumers in Poland, who will be key participants in the deposit return system. This is valuable knowledge for stores preparing collection points and key elements in designing an effective deposit return system. Among other things, the amount of recyclable beverage container returns depends on the deposit system’s design, which must be convenient and motivating for consumers.

Konrad Robak, Managing Director at TOMRA Collection Poland

https://www.tomra.com/en/reverse-vending/media-center/news/2024/poland-deposit-return-scheme-survey
Rect Angel
05.08.2024 kl 19:05 319

TOMRA Mining

(Bilde av CEO'er og australsk minister i forbindelse med åpningen hvis man åpner linken til artikkel)

Mining
Technology

News

Pilbara Minerals debuts lithium ore sorter at Pilgangoora 

According to the company, the facility is the largest of its kind in the southern hemisphere and the largest in the world for lithium processing.

Claire Jenns
August 5, 2024

Lithium and tantalite mining company Pilbara Minerals has completed its P680 expansion project with a new crushing and ore sorting facility at the Pilgangoora operation in WA.  

The facility, which crushes and separates the lithium ore from waste, is the largest of its kind in the southern hemisphere and the largest in the world for lithium processing, said Pilbara Minerals.  

With an ore sorting capacity of more than 1,000 tonnes per hour, the technology is expected to increase Pilgangoora’s production capacity by 30%.  

It also underpins the next phase of expansion to one million tonnes per annum through the P1000 project. 

The P680 project is a key part of Pilbara Minerals’ phased growth strategy to unlock the full potential of the Pilgangoora asset. 

The $404m (A$622.68m) project was supported through loans from Export Finance Australia and the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility, representing a total sum of $250m from the Australian Government. 

During the two-year construction phase, more than 350 direct jobs were created. Around 300 additional jobs above the pre-P680 baseline are expected to be sustained over the operating life of the mine. 

Pilbara Minerals’ managing director and CEO Dale Henderson commented: “Financing support from the Australian Government for the development of critical minerals underpinned the P680 Project and signals the government’s strong commitment to ensuring Australia capitalises on the economic opportunities presented by the global clean energy transition.” 

WA minister for energy Reece Whitby, who attended the opening ceremony, added that the additional jobs will “underpin our State’s ambitions of becoming a major player in the global energy transition”. 

Pilbara Minerals states that its new development represents the next frontier for hard-rock lithium processing. This could boost WA’s part in global lithium production, which reached 170,800 tonnes in 2023 and will see a compound annual growth rate of more than 13% by 2030.  

https://www.mining-technology.com/news/pilbara-minerals-debuts-lithium-ore-sorter-at-pilgangoora/?cf-view

PRESS RELEASE

TOMRA Mining technology to be installed in the world’s largest Lithium sorting plant at Pilbara Minerals.

20 Apr 2023
4 min
“This new facility to be constructed at our Pilgangoora Project will be the world’s largest lithium mineral ore sorting plant. TOMRA’s experience in large global sorting installations, innovative technology, and ability to provide local support were significant factors in our decision to work with them. From the start, the TOMRA team has been working side by side with us and our engineering partner DRA Global to deliver this important project” Dale Henderson, Managing Director and CEO, Pilbara Minerals

Processing contaminated ore: a key challenge for the lithium industry

As part of this expansion project, Pilbara Minerals turned to TOMRA Mining for assistance to address the key industry challenge in the processing of spodumene feed ore contaminated with barren host rock.

TOMRA has 50 years’ experience in sensor-based sorting technologies and has designed and built 90% of the world’s large-scale mining sorting plants with a capacity above 300t/h. These include plants such as the Ma’aden Umm Wu’al project, which is operating at 1850t/h, or the Lucara diamond operation which runs 15 sorters. Specifically for the Pilbara Mining project, TOMRA Mining offers effective ore sorting solutions with high sensor resolution and ejection accuracy that ensure high lithium recovery and waste removal with a stable and consistent performance at high capacity.

https://www.tomra.com/en/mining/media-center/news/2023/tomra-mining-technology-to-be-installed-at-pilbara-minerals
Redigert 05.08.2024 kl 19:15 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
08.08.2024 kl 23:33 183

Minner om at supermarkedkjeden Carrefour kjørte en rekke promotion-jippoer med pantemaskoner i forkant av åpningen av det rumenske pantesystemet (åpnet i år), i samarbeid med blant andre TOMRA Collection og Coca-Cola. TOMRAs bidrag til disse var da selvfølgelig pantemaskinene.

Og nå er altså Carrefour allerede i gang med å kjøre piloter i Polen (pantesystemet i Polen har oppstart 01.01.2025). Samarbeidpatnere oppgis å være en systemoperatør, en logistikkansvarlig og en drikkevareprodusent.

Hvem som levererer pantemaskinene til pilotene står det ingenting om. Så her får det være opp til hver enkelt å spekulere.

Business and Finance

Carrefour has launched a pilot deposit system

08/08/2024, 15:46
updated: 08/08/2024, 16:01

Carrefour, together with PolKa, Inpost and Muszynianka, launched a pilot deposit system. Its aim is to test partners' readiness to launch this system from January 1, 2025, change consumer habits and educate the public according to the principle: „no throw away, do not crush, give back at the point of purchase and receive a deposit”.

The Carrefour Polska chain of stores, the InPost logistics operator and one of the first operators of the PolKa deposit system registered on the Polish market - Polska Kaucja, together with the Muszynianka water producer, are starting a trial start-up of the system, under which residents of the capital will be able to return used packaging made of glass, plastic and aluminum for a fee in 36 locations. The pilotage of the deposit system in Warsaw will last 4 months.

https://pap-mediaroom.pl/biznes-i-finanse/carrefour-uruchomil-pilotaz-systemu-kaucyjnego
Redigert 09.08.2024 kl 11:14 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
I går kl 12:07 45

TOMRA er vel på mange måter 'selskapet som gjør alt riktig' når det gjelder kunderelasjoner, og TOMRA Mining er såvisst intet unntak.

Her er mer å lese enn innledningen som gjengis her.

Customer survey reveals standout satisfaction with TOMRA Mining service support

By Mining Review Africa
August 14, 2024

The Customer Survey, conducted for TOMRA Mining’s Service Team by market research company B2B Research, revealed a standout level of overall satisfaction with a remarkable average score of 6.3 on a 7-point scale and an outstanding Net Promoter Score of +57 – significantly higher than the typical scores in B2B sectors.

This extremely positive feedback is a testament to the service team’s dedication, technical expertise, and partnership approach to supporting its customers. It demonstrates the unique strength of TOMRA Mining’s Service as a key element of its success.

TOMRA Mining sees service as a critical element of its offer to mining operations and is constantly evaluating the best way to support its customers by listening to them. As part of this effort, it has engaged B2B Research, a reputed Business-to-Business market research company, to conduct a Customer Survey in 2018 and a second one in the first quarter of 2024 to assess the quality of its service and collect feedback from customers.

The surveys covered the different aspects of TOMRA Mining’s service activities, from the back office’s availability and the competence of its technical support team to the quality of work of its service engineers. The respondents represented a variety of roles within the customers’ organisations, including maintenance, operations, plant and process management, parts sourcing, and service planning.

Outstanding customer satisfaction with TOMRA Mining’s Service Team

Customer survey reveals standout satisfaction with TOMRA Mining Overall, the service team was awarded an average score of 6.3 on a 7-point scale, a further improvement on the already high score of 6.0 achieved in 2018.

The surveys also asked customers how likely they would be to recommend TOMRA Mining to calculate the company’s Net Promoter Score (NPS). Paul Walsh, Director at B2B Research, explains: “TOMRA Mining’s NPS (likely to recommend) increased from +38 in 2018 to a very strong +57 in 2024, which shows hard work and dedication from the Service Team. An NPS of +40 or above in a B2B industry is already considered high when most companies’ NPS ranges from +10 to +30. So, a really great achievement!”

https://www.miningreview.com/tech-news/customer-survey-reveals-standout-satisfaction-with-tomra-mining/