BWE. Fremtiden er rosenrød.

Fluefiskeren
BWE 18.08.2023 kl 13:11 263265

Forrige tråd ble stengt da den ble for stor. Jeg tar derfor og starter en ny. Det passer bra da BWE er inne i en ny fase. Tre produksjonsbrønner er boret med godt resultat i Gabon og tre gjenstår. Kjøp av asset i Brasil venter på godkjennelse som kan komme når som helst.

Og gassfeltet, Kudu, kan bli mye større enn man trodde. Klipper inn litt fra en fersk artikkel Gunnarius la ut tidligere i dag:

« The Ministry of Mines and Energy says the country's Kudu gas reserves are expected to increase to 10 trillion cubic feet (TCF) from the current estimated 1.3 TCF.

The revised figure is due to the associated gas found within the Graff-1 well by Shell, Yonker, and TotalEnergies' enormous Venus-1 offshore discovery.

Petroleum Commissioner Maggy Shino said the discovery of light crude oil reserves has transformed the landscape of the Kudu gas field.

"We are seeing that we now have a possibility of us increasing this 1.3 TCF of natural gas to up to ten TCF of gas because of the associated gas that we are seeing within the graph, within the Yonker and within Venus," she said on Wednesday.

The revelation has the potential to reshape the energy landscape in Namibia and the wider Southern African Development Community (SADC) region. »

https://thebrief.com.na/index.php/component/k2/item/3348-namibia-s-kudu-gas-reserves-projected-to-increase-tenfold

10 Tcf tilsvarer 1,9 milliarder boe. Her kan man med god grunn ta i bruk betegnelsen elefant hvis dette innfris.
Redigert 18.08.2023 kl 13:12 Du må logge inn for å svare
cinet
I dag kl 18:13 198

Galp er vell portugisisk, og Brasil tidligere koloni, med samme språk, og ekstremt tette økonomiske bånd, så dette er et lysår fra overraskende. Det var minst 4 major budgivere , så dette lukter elefant suksess. Total E trekker seg ut fra sine glass-felt/planer i Sør Afrika, og hvor satser de da……

Upstream 1.8: « Galp wants big seismic shoot over massive Mopane discovery to cover Shell and Rhino acreage
Portuguese company's plan for major 3D survey indicates freshly discovered Mopane play extends south.
Galp Energia is seeking environmental clearance from Namibia’s authorities for a major 3D seismic shoot over its huge Mopane oil and gas discovery in Petroleum Exploration Licence 83, that would also extend into acreage operated by Shell and Rhino Resources.»

Upstream 29.7.: « ‘Too challenging’: TotalEnergies quits 4.5 trillion cubic foot South Africa gas project
Supermajor has exited the big $3 billion Luiperd and Brulpadda project due to commercial challenges
France’s TotalEnergies has decided to exit a gas-rich block offshore South Africa in a major blow to the government of national unity because the Brulpadda and Luiperd discoveries were "too challenging" to develop.

In a statement on Monday, TotalEnergies said it is exiting Block 11B/12B, following the earlier revelation that Canadian Natural Resources was also on the way out.

TotalEnergies, through its local arm TotalEnergies EP South Africa, holds a 45% interest in the block, while Canadian Natural holds 20%.

It is now likely that Qatar Energies will also exit Block 11B/12B, leaving local player Main Street - in which Africa Energy Corporation has an indirect interest - as the only stakeholder.

The supermajor said it is quitting because it would be “too challenging to develop and monetise” the gas resource for the domestic market.

TotalEnergies’ development plan was to pipe gas from the two deepwater finds to the Mossel Bay gas-to-liquids (GTL) plant — operated by state oil company PetroSA — that has been idle for some years due to lack of feedstock.

Additional volumes were then expected to feed an existing power station converted from handling diesel and, later on, to a new gas-fired power station.

However, wrangling over gas prices with government and PetroSA's decision to engage with Russia's sanctioned Gazprombank to revitalise the GTL plant, are understood to have been key factors behind the departure of CNR, and the exit of TotalEnergies.

Meanwhile, the company is also exiting Block 5/6/7 offshore Cape Town, high-risk exploration acreage where its holds a 40% stake and which has been a target for domestic anti-fossil fuel campaigners.
Redigert i dag kl 19:11 Du må logge inn for å svare
Fluefiskeren
I dag kl 19:42 139

Litt overraskende er det nå. Petrobas har hatt som policy å kun operere i Amerika. Meg bekjent produserer de kun fra Brasil og Mexicogulfen. Dette har vært deres policy. De har ikke hatt noen virksomhet i Africa på tross av at også Angola og Mosambik er tidligere portugisiske kolonier med olje.

Men jeg ser at Galp og Petrobras har jobbet tett sammen i Brasil over mange år. Det kan jo være medvirkende. De har jo også uttalt frustrasjon ang. miljøkrav i Brasil. Det var nok lettere under Bolsonaro enn Lula.

Hvorfor alt dette om Total Energy? De er jo i Orange Basin i Namibia for lengst. De gjorde sitt funn av Venus like etter at Shell fant Graff.
cinet
I dag kl 20:56 92

Wake up call…. Total e trekker seg ut fra sør Africa og går all in i……?