NOD: nRF52840 System-on-Chip supporting BLE with Amazon FreeRTOS

Kurt Asje
NOD 28.11.2018 kl 07:59 2625

First...

"Nordic Semiconductor’s nRF52840 System-on-Chip is now one of the first chips supporting Bluetooth LE with Amazon FreeRTOS

Nordic Semiconductor today announces that its award-winning nRF52840 multiprotocol Bluetooth® Low Energy (Bluetooth LE) System-on-Chip (SoC) is one of the first devices to support Bluetooth LE with Amazon FreeRTOS.

Oslo, Norway 2018/11/27
Nordic Semiconductor today announces that its award-winning nRF52840 multiprotocol Bluetooth® Low Energy (Bluetooth LE) System-on-Chip (SoC) is one of the first devices to support Bluetooth LE with Amazon FreeRTOS.

Amazon FreeRTOS is an operating system for microcontrollers that makes small, low-power edge devices easy to program, deploy, secure, connect, and manage. Amazon FreeRTOS is based on the FreeRTOS kernel, a popular open source operating system for microcontrollers, and extends it with software libraries that make it easy to securely connect your small, low-power devices to AWS cloud services like AWS Internet of Things (IoT) Core or to more powerful edge devices running AWS IoT Greengrass.

“We are delighted to be working with Nordic Semiconductor,” comments Dirk Didascalou, Vice President, AWS IoT, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “By allowing Amazon FreeRTOS applications to communicate over Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), we are making it easy for our customers to securely connect their BLE devices to AWS IoT via a mobile device, and build innovative, low power applications including analyzing sensor data, and monitoring and managing fleets of devices.”

“The Nordic nRF52840 SoC has become one of the world’s most popular Bluetooth LE chips since its introduction in 2016,” comments Nordic Semiconductor CTO, Svein-Egil Nielsen. “Featuring an Arm Cortex-M4F processor, 1MB of Flash and 256kB of RAM memory, together with a multiprotocol radio that supports IEEE 802.15.4 in addition to complete Bluetooth 5 support, the nRF52840 is the ideal platform for IoT devices.”

Nielsen continues: “We are delighted to see AWS add Bluetooth LE support to Amazon FreeRTOS and name the nRF52840 as one of the first chips to officially support it. As many customers’ de-facto, ultra-low power IoT connectivity chip of choice, offering a wide breadth of connectivity options with outstanding energy efficiency, the nRF52840 is an excellent complement to, and expands, the solution and product application range possible with Amazon FreeRTOS.”

The Bluetooth LE support in Amazon FreeRTOS was recently announced at AWS re:Invent 2018 in Las Vegas.

This Beta release includes a GATT/GAP API, a custom profile for provisioning Wi-Fi credentials over Bluetooth LE, and companion iOS and Android SDKs. Also included is a custom profile for MQTT over Bluetooth LE that offers seamless Device-to-Cloud messaging via an iOS or Android proxy device.
"

https://www.nordicsemi.com/eng/News/News-releases/Product-Related-News/Nordic-Semiconductor-s-nRF52840-System-on-Chip-is-now-one-of-the-first-chips-supporting-Bluetooth-LE-with-Amazon-FreeRTOS

Kurt
Redigert 20.01.2021 kl 01:35 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
03.12.2018 kl 13:22 2426

Så feil kan man ta, selv fra eksperthold:
https://www.hegnar.no/Nyheter/Boers-finans/2018/10/Analytiker-om-Nordic-Semiconductor

Flere stygge bunnkjenninger vil komme, og ila. 2019 tror jeg vi skal se NOD dukke godt under 20!
abbos
03.12.2018 kl 14:59 2294

Alltid en rekyl- pirato har kjøp med target 46 ?
Vil nok konsolidere en stund mener de ?
Bankmanden
03.12.2018 kl 15:02 2283

NOD har vært ekstremt overprisa i over 10 år.
Vi skal nok mye lenger ned før aksjen har bakkekontakt. Ser ikke fra at kr. 15 er innen rekkevidde.
Strong sell.
abbos
03.12.2018 kl 16:51 2175

E24 lurer på om kursmassakren idag henger på greip sett i lys av at handelskrigen mellom Usa og Kina er satt på vent i 90 dager ?
kokkohill
03.12.2018 kl 18:47 2090

Må være noen penner og lik i skapet ,tipper jeg ?
Slettet bruker
03.12.2018 kl 19:12 2065

Jeg er helt enig, Bankmanden. Har flere ganger stilt meg spørsmål om hvorfor denne aksjen har vært så høyt oppe i kurs. Overprisa pga. forventninger som ikke kan ha innfridd, inkludert forventninger om større resultater på grunnlag av økte inntekter, vil jeg tro. Nå står disse inntektene i fare, og det er stor usikkerhet om hva som vil skje i så måte.
Slettet bruker
03.12.2018 kl 19:13 2064

Uansett hvordan man vrir og vender på det... Henriette fossror:
https://www.hegnar.no/Nyheter/Boers-finans/2018/12/Anbefaler-Nordic-Semi-etter-resultatvarsel
Slettet bruker
03.12.2018 kl 19:38 2021

Hvordan analyserer du deg frem til dette?
braastad-xo
03.12.2018 kl 21:54 1910

Hvis man ser på p/e har NOD vært vanvittig overpriset i ca 10-15 år. Skal man legge p/e til grunn ville en pris på 10-15 kroner vært en grei prising av NOD. Det tjener jo tross alt ikke så mye penger på virksomheten.

Samtidig har det jo vært fullt mulig å tjene masse penger ved å ha eid aksjer i NOD i løpet av siste ~20 års periode, hvis man har solgt seg ut i tide på noen av nedturene. Selv har jeg fulgt NOD siden starten på 2000- tallet og har kjøpt og solgt aksjer mange ganger i denne perioden. Men overpriset er selskapet åkke som.
Slettet bruker
03.12.2018 kl 22:40 1865

Høres ikke akkurat bra ut. Kanskje flytte alt over i Asetek? Er vel bare et tidsspørsmål før datasenter business tar av.