Tomra - Tomras Kung Stefan kronet som Europas beste CEO!

Kommentatoren
TOM 24.01.2019 kl 15:48 2768

Dette taler for seg selv. Det er bare å takke og gratulere Stefan og Tomras ansatte og mer enn noe annet; å glede seg til fortsettelsen.

TOMRA CEO WINS PRESTIGIOUS EUROPEAN BUSINESS LEADERS AWARD

TOMRA’s president and CEO, Stefan Ranstrand, has achieved an international accolade in recognition of his leadership and corporate strategy.

24 January 2019

Stefan was named "best CEO in the sustainable resource management industry" in the prestigious European CEO Awards. Organised by international business magazine, European CEO, the awards featured 41 other business leaders including the president of car manufacturer SEAT.

According to the publication, “each year European CEO counts down the top 100 companies and business leaders, looking specifically for examples of strong strategy and commitment to corporate governance.”

Stefan is currently enjoying his tenth year as TOMRA president and CEO, following his appointment in August 2009. During his time at the helm, he has led the business on a transformational journey from a loose collection of entities into one strong and unified brand. TOMRA is now globally recognised as the world leader in reverse vending technology and sensor-based sorting solutions for the food, recycling and mining industries.

Founded in 1972, TOMRA employs 3,565 people and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. Around 97,500 of its machines are installed in more than 80 markets worldwide.

In 2017, the company reported record currency adjusted revenues of NOK 7.432bn (€778m), representing a 12 per cent increase on the previous year, as demand for its technologies continues to grow.

During the year, Stefan also led acquisitions for TOMRA including New Zealand-based lane sorting manufacturer Compac for NZ$70m (€46m), further reinforcing TOMRA’s position as the world’s leading food sorting business with the widest range of technologies and the largest geographical footprint.

Commenting on Stefan’s award win, the European CEO Award judges said: “TOMRA’s solutions are part of a widespread push to operate more sustainably. The global population is expected to increase by 30 percent over the next 40 years; as such, it has become essential for organisations to rethink how they obtain, use and re-use resources. Sustainability has been at the heart of TOMRA’s business for four decades and they continue to find new ways to optimise precious resources.”

Before joining TOMRA, Stefan held various management positions at power and automation technologies company ABB (1991-2009) and computer manufacturer Data General AG (1988-1991).

In addition to his corporate experience, Stefan has a master’s degree in industrial and management engineering from the Institute of Technology at Linköping University, as well as a diploma in industrial engineering from the Technical University of Darmstadt.

Accepting the award, Stefan added: “It’s a great honour to have received this accolade. This is testament to the whole company and recognises the dedication of TOMRA’s people. The past year has been our most successful to date, reaffirming our status as a sustainability leader and spearhead of the resource revolution.

“We continually strive to find innovative ways to reduce the world’s waste and optimise use of its resources. I’m very proud of the positive impact TOMRA has had on the recycling, food and mining industries in the past ten years. I’m privileged to lead TOMRA and will continue to do so with a renewed focus on achieving a more circular economy and safeguarding the future of the global food supply.”

The official announcement of Stefan’s achievement was made in the January issue of European CEO, which is distributed at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, held from January 22-25.

https://www.tomra.com/en/news-and-media/news/2019/tomra-ceo-wins-prestigious-european-business-leaders-award

Minner også om at Tomra i mai 2018 ble utropt som vinner av prestisjetunge "EUROPEAN BUSINESS AWARDS 2017/18" i den gjeveste klassen (omsetning > 150 millioner Euro):

https://www.tomra.com/en/news-and-media/news/2018/tomra-wins-eba-2018-award

Redigert 19.01.2021 kl 13:43 Du må logge inn for å svare
KanonBra5
25.01.2019 kl 07:28 2639

Gratulerer Stefan!!!! Dette sier sitt og trenger ingen ekstra forklaring!! ;-)

Investor
ruda
25.01.2019 kl 09:57 2570

Tror Tomra går til 250. Kina planlegger å lansere 100 nye store resirkuleringsbaser
Kommentatoren
13.02.2019 kl 23:49 2328

En smilende Stefan (bilde hvis dere følger link under) og Tomra har vært på ferde som utstillere på gigantmessen "Fruit Logistica" i Berlin hvor Stefan også har avholdt pressekonferanse. Budskapet er meget, meget imponerende, og dere som tenker på Tomra primært som et panteselskap, bør bite dere ekstra merke i dette budskapet. Tomra er forøvrig global markedsleder med 25% markedsandel innen "sorting food" og man uttrykte klare ambisjoner om å øke denne under Capital Markets Day i høst. Innen "sorting recycling" er Tomras globale markedsandel 60% (!!!), og innen "sorting mining" fremstår selskapets momentum som veldig sterkt for øyeblikket. Gleder meg spesielt til oppdateringen når det gjelder "sorting mining" under Q4 2019 21.februar

Stefan Ranstrand, Tomra

"Reducing food waste is our number 1"

Tholen – "one of our biggest goals for the future is to reduce food wastage and together with our customers to increase revenues," Stefan Ranstrand CEO of Tomra spoke during a press conference at the Fruit Logistica last Wednesday. "The world population continues to grow and we have 70% more food in 2050 than today. We want to use our technologies to waste less food, but also to get more food on the table. " In addition, the company wants to continue to invest in new technologies and the relations with their customers.

Tomra has started with the development of machinery and technology for the mining industry. In 2011 the company stepped in the voedingsbusiness. "About the same sensor technique that we used in the mining industry to look through stone or diamond in it, we use now to look through fruits and vegetables. With this technology, we can determine a product's shelflife, contributing to reducing food waste. In addition, we can also determine the sweetness of a product so that a company towards the customer can guarantee the taste and quality of their product, "said Ranstrand.

Food safety

"In addition to food safety food wastage is also high on the agenda in almost all countries. With our sensor technology we urge easy product foreign materials on what the food safety of products. In addition we look also to the different needs by country and continent. We see that in Asia and particularly in China many small businesses that another production, for example, have large European and American companies. That is why we have a Research and Development Department in China that makes the most for this market-oriented solutions ", continues Stefan.

Due to the fact that Tomra is one of the market leaders in the field of technology enables the company potato and vegetable and fruit farmers able to improve the accuracy and efficiency of revenue. "It is also very important for us to understand our customer and not just sorting accuracy, but also to ensure that the machines continue to run and perform as well as possible," concludes Stefan.

https://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=https://www.agf.nl/article/9071782/het-terugdringen-van-voedselverspilling-staat-bij-ons-op-nummer-1/

https://www.agf.nl/article/9071782/het-terugdringen-van-voedselverspilling-staat-bij-ons-op-nummer-1/

https://www.fruitlogistica.com
Redigert 14.02.2019 kl 00:08 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
14.02.2019 kl 14:01 2189

TECNOALIMEN har også vært på pressekonferansen på Tomras stand under "Fruit Logistica" i Berlin og hørt på Stefan. Her er litt av det de sitter igjen med. Det får stå som en fin oppvarming til Q4 2018 neste torsdag (21.februar). :)

Følger du linken, finner du mer og du får også se bilder fra Tomras imponerende stand under gigantmessen i Berlin.

More than 30 journalists from around the world and an international audience formed by a large number of professionals from the sector attended the press conference that Tomra Food held at Fruit Logística Berlin on the 6th to the 8th of February, the fair most Important in the world about fresh fruit and vegetable companies. The three-day event, held once a year, attracted almost 80,000 visitors from over 130 countries.

Technological leadership, food security and digital transformation

The Tomra stand at Fruit Logistica Berlin highlighted the three pillars of the company: technological leadership, food security and Digital Transformation.

Thanks to its technological leadership, Tomra makes fruit, vegetable and potato producers (among others) improve their accuracy, efficiency and profitability. To help brands achieve food security and protect their prestige, Tomra helps their customers to ensure high standards of food quality, hygiene and traceability. And finally, thanks to digital transformation, data analysis improves the efficiency of the machinery while reducing operating costs and helping to trace food.

According to Mr. Ranstrand: "By innovating in the design and manufacture of sorters useful for all types of applications, TOMRA offers unique technical solutions. Our ability to combine different classification technologies (color cameras, near infrared, or NIR, spectroscopy and laser detection) makes a difference. " The result of this unparalleled technical sophistication is that the product is classified with the utmost precision, food safety is guaranteed and waste is reduced.

Innovation from a market leadership position

Tomra Food is the largest supplier of classification solutions for the food industry and has more than 8,000 teams in operation in 80 different countries. In the last five years, Tomra has experienced a 14% annual growth and the purchases it has made in the food sector have further increased the company's international position and financial strength.

In the ten years that Mr. Ranstrand has been in the company, he has directed Tomra consolidating a profound transformation that has made it pass from a conglomerate of different societies to a single company and a robust and unified brand recognized today for being a world leader In deposit-return technology and sensor-based classification solutions for the food, recycling and mining sectors.

This year's prestigious European CEO Awards, whose winners were announced last month, have named Mr. Ranstrand "Best Director general of the resource management sector"...

https://www.translatetheweb.com/?from=&to=en&a=https://www.tecnoalimen.com/noticias/20190214/tecnologias-clasificacion-calibrado-permiten-reduccion-residuos-alimenticios#.XGViQbmUk0M

https://www.tecnoalimen.com/noticias/20190214/tecnologias-clasificacion-calibrado-permiten-reduccion-residuos-alimenticios#.XGVlG7mUk0O
Redigert 14.02.2019 kl 16:40 Du må logge inn for å svare
CleanGlobe
14.02.2019 kl 16:29 2119

Tomra fortsetter nedgangen, ned nok 7,oo så lang i dag, hva er det som skjer. Takknemlig for svar..??
Fame
14.02.2019 kl 16:41 2103

Jeg håper du tuller nå? Tomra "fortsetter" nedgangen? En dag med nedgang i en periode hvor TOM aksjen har steget lenge. Det er ingenting som skjer med aksjen, dette er rett og slett bare bevegelser i markedet.
CleanGlobe
14.02.2019 kl 16:45 2096

Tomra gikk ned også i går!!
CleanGlobe
14.02.2019 kl 16:49 2092

PS jeg er spent på fredagens sluttkurs..
Kommentatoren
20.02.2019 kl 17:16 1893

Endelig er det vår tur til å få oppleve "Kung Stefan" på podiet igjen.

Anledningen er Tomras Q4 2018, tidspunktet er torsdag 21.februar kl. 08:00. Bring it on!
Slettet bruker
20.02.2019 kl 17:58 1854

Kommentatoren
Takk enda en gang for din entusiasme og mange gode tråder rundt Tomra, aldri noen gang sett makent! Virkelig flott.
Kloke ord fra Stefan, varme rundstykker og kaker til morgen kaffen for en sjelden gangs skyld, hva mer kan vi ønske oss?
Uansett umiddelbar kurs reaksjon blir det en hyggelig dag i morgen.
Kommentatoren
20.02.2019 kl 20:53 1769

Bare hyggelig wwbwb. Som du ser av det jeg poster, er det stor interesse for Tomra "der ute". Så når nesten ingen andre publiserer på norsk om Europas beste selskap (ikke mine ord, Tomra er kåret til det) ledet av Europas beste CEO (ikke mine ord, Tomras CEO har nylig blitt kåret til det), ja så får vel jeg gjøre det da, forhåpentligvis til glede for "vår lille menighet" her på forumet.. ;)

Helt enig i det du skriver om kursen. Er veldig, veldig langsiktig inne i dette, for for meg er uro i global makroøkonomi eneste bekymring etter at Stefan sa "Until now we've only seen the lab version of Tomra, now it's time for the real Tomra".under Tomras helt fantastiske Capital Markets Day i høst. Ja, han sa faktisk det...