Norsk Hydro skal bli karbon nøytralt i 2020

Nexa
NHY 13.03.2019 kl 19:10 1188

https://www.financialdirector.co.uk/2019/03/01/norsk-hydro-cfo-on-going-carbon-neutral/
Norsk Hydro is not like other metal producers. By next year, it expects to become the first major carbon- metals and mining company in the world with a lifecycle carbon footprint at zero.
It will achieve this target because most if its power source is supplied by hydro-electricity in its home country of Norway, but also as a result of its push to a product mix focused on sustainability.
In an age when companies are likely to become forced to pay more for carbon impacts, in the post-COP21 environment, Norsk Hydro looks set to gain significant competitive advantage. “We use CO2-free power, giving us a significantly reduced environmental footprint, whereas our competitors generally have to do that with coal-based power,” says Hydro CFO Eivind Kallevik.
He says he is comfortable that Hydro will meet the target of becoming carbon neutral next year, a hugely important milestone for Norway’s sixth largest company which has set itself the challenge of becoming “better, bigger and greener”.
That’s no mean feat given that producing metal is a dirty, costly business. Much of the ore used to create it has to be excavated, usually by strip mining. The smelting process requires prodigious amounts of energy and the end-product is expensive to transport.

Mener Kallevik at NHY skal bruke bare CO2 fri energi?
NHY må da ut av Qatalum. De eier 50%, vil Kallevik selge denne eierandelen?
Og i så fall hva skal han gjøre med pengene?
Noen synspunkter?
Redigert 13.03.2019 kl 19:11 Du må logge inn for å svare
isaach
13.03.2019 kl 21:40 1086

Sannsynkig med salg.Utvidelse av produksjonen i norge vil erstatte produksjonstapet.Ligger an til stort ekstraordinaert utbytte.
Slettet bruker
13.03.2019 kl 22:23 1015

Forøvrig nylig ny prod.rekord .New record in Extrusion Ingot production.Qatalum
Redigert 13.03.2019 kl 22:29 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
13.03.2019 kl 22:48 982

Nhy opp 3,3% us