Tomra - Western Australia. Innføring av pant formelt vedtatt

Kommentatoren
TOM 14.03.2019 kl 20:20 1318

Da har begge kamrene i Western Australias parlament formelt vedtatt loven om innføring av pant i delstaten. Selvsagt høyinteressant for Tomra som eier og opererer hele pantesystemet i New South Wales ("Return and Earn") og eier og opererer 10 store pantesentre i de tettest befolkende regionene i Queenslands pantesystem "Containers for Change".

Mitt soleklare tips når det gjelder pantesystemet i Western Australia, som skal være oppe å gå tidlig i 2020, er at Tomra vil spille hovedrollen i de tettest befolkende områdene i delstaten. Det kan selvfølgelig også tenkes at Tomra legger inn anbud på alle deler av systemet og tar alt som i New South Wales. Hva Tomra legger i bud på, vil man selvsagt bestemme seg for når anbudspapirene legges ut.

Container deposit laws pass WA parliament

Australian Associated Press13 March 2019

New laws to establish a container deposit scheme have passed WA's parliament.

Under the scheme, which will be underway by 2020, people will receive a 10 cent refund when returning eligible empty beverage containers to points throughout the state.

It's projected to see 706 million fewer containers littered by 2037 and reduce the number going to landfill by 5,902 million.

The next step will be to establish a regulations and naming a scheme coordinator.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/container-deposit-laws-pass-wa-parliament-112930623--spt.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLm5vLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAADnULv_-20_RPfnleRZkikANob4i59X2HE6fbICrTaWNr89rk-ESvzsUrJGBei_bayEQyJgv6W_4ff-brvV-m9l9bskp0howMqgXSoITcjLFJKKY3FsujbYPr0wZ20Def_jAoT4YhtjBri2DlwbxgDnvldBrJWJyHAqOaCWmvNMH

Her et radiointervju med Western Australias miljøvernminister i forbindelse med vedtaket i parlamentet.

West Aussies could soon receive a 10 cent refund for returning empty drink containers with the container deposit scheme one step closer.

The scheme is on track to be delivered next year with both houses of Parliament passing the Bill, the Minister for Environment told 6PR Breakfast.

https://www.6pr.com.au/podcast/refund-for-rejected-containers/
Redigert 20.01.2021 kl 19:47 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
15.04.2019 kl 20:29 871

Forberedelsene til innføring av pantesystemet i Western Australia går på skinner: Opinionens entusiasme har tydeligvis smittet over på myndightene. Nå er allerede pantemerking av flasker og bokser i gang. Dette gir de flittigste muligheten til å begynne å samle flasker og bokser tidlig. Systemet skal være oppe og gå tidlig i 2020.

Bottles and cans stamped for refunds in Western Australia…

By Have a Go News - 15/04/2019

Preparations are well underway for Western Australia’s container deposit scheme with producers starting to mark their product containers with the official refund labels.

Refund marks – which confirm a 10c refund at collection depots/points in the participating State/Territory of purchase – will be applied to all eligible containers before the container deposit scheme starts in early 2020.

Consumers will be able to get the refund on all eligible beverage containers including soft drink cans and bottles, bottled waters – both plastic and glass, small flavoured milk drinks, beer and cider cans and bottles, and sports drinks and spirit-based mixed drinks.

Western Australians buy 1.3 billion drinks covered by the scheme every year. Over the next 20 years, the State-wide scheme is predicted to reduce littered containers by 706 million, cut the number of containers sent to landfill by 6.6 billion and see an increase in recycled containers of 5.9 billion.

The container deposit scheme aligns with the McGowan Government’s ‘Our Priorities: A Liveable Environment’, one of the targets of the Our Priorities program which aims to address important issues facing Western Australia.

Environment Minister Stephen Dawson said:”The container deposit scheme is one of a number of strategic waste reform initiatives being implemented by the McGowan Government.

“The Western Australian public has shown overwhelming support for this scheme which we expect to significantly reduce litter across the State.

“A staggering 44 per cent by volume of all litter in WA is empty drink containers.

“The printing of refund marks is a major milestone for the scheme in WA.

“Not only will our container deposit scheme divert waste from landfill, it is expected to create 500 jobs – at new container sorting and processing facilities and refund points, and with the transportation of containers across the State,” he said.

https://www.haveagonews.com.au/news/bottles-and-cans-stamped-for-refunds-in-western-australia/
Kommentatoren
18.03.2019 kl 22:28 1036

Flott artikkel med innhold som styrker troen på at Western Australia kommer til å innføre et effektivt og velfungerende pantesystem. Politiske myndigheter settes under press for å hindre at bryggeriene/produsentene får for stor makt når det gjelder utformingen av pantesystemet. Det man ønsker å unngå er en "bukken passer havresekken" situasjon hvor bransjen har vikarierende/skjulte motiver knyttet til egeninteresse.

Legg også merke til at pantesystemet "Return and Earn" i delstaten New South Wales som eies og opereres 100% av Tomra fremholdes som mye mer vellykket enn delstatens Queenslands system "Containers For Change" hvor bryggeriene/produsentene har mye større innflytelse. I det sistnevnte systemet eier og opererer Tomra 10 store pantesenter med 10 pantemaskiner i hvert beliggende i Queenslands tettest befolkede regioner, og Tomra er fornøyd med utviklingen så langt når det gjelder egen rolle i systemet, opplyste CEO og CFO under Q4 2018 i februar.

Artikkelen inneholder mer enn det jeg gjengir og er lesverdig.

WA Government warned not to give beverage industry control of container deposit scheme

By Rhiannon Shine
Updated Fri at 10:00am

The West Australian Government is being warned against handing control of its new container deposit scheme to the beverage industry.

West Australians will soon be able to exchange cans, bottles and other containers for a 10-cent refund after the WA Parliament this week passed legislation to make way for a container deposit scheme (CDS).

The Government has said that by 2037, the scheme would have reduced the number of containers dumped in landfill by 5,902 million, and prevented 706 million beverage containers from being littered.

It is yet to announce who will coordinate the scheme, which will entail developing a statewide collection network and managing contracts with operators of refund points.

But there is growing speculation the beverage industry, or a group formed by it, will be appointed to the role.

Conflict of interest concerns
The Australian Beverages Council and the Australian Food and Grocery Council are among the organisations in the West Australian CDS advisory group.

Conservation Council of WA director Piers Verstegen said it was a conflict of interest.

"The beverage industry have a commercial incentive to minimise recycling because the fewer containers are returned, the fewer refunds they will have to pay out to consumers," Mr Verstegen said.

"We urge the department and the minister not to hand control of the scheme to the beverage industry, but instead to choose scheme operators whose commercial incentives are aligned with the stated objectives of the scheme — to maximise recycling rates and reduce litter," he said.

Calls to avoid Queensland's lead

Waste Management and Resource Recovery Association of Australia chief executive Gayle Sloan believed the board should not include beverage industry
representatives.

Ms Sloan pointed to Queensland as an example where a beverage industry-controlled scheme had not proven very successful.

"We have genuine concerns about how the Queensland scheme was rolled out," she said.

"It has gone far too behind closed doors, it has not been implemented well.

"The last thing we want is a similar outcome to Queensland where collection points are opening 80 metres from one another while there are none in whole regions of Far North Queensland."

However she said in New South Wales a beverage industry-controlled scheme had worked well because the coordinator had set KPIs, which included penalties, and the Government maintained strict oversight.

Greens MLC Robin Chapple called on the Government to guarantee the beverage industry, or a group set up by the industry, would not be the appointed scheme coordinator.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-15/concerns-over-was-container-deposit-scheme/10905436
KanonBra5
15.03.2019 kl 07:17 1200

KJEMPE greier dette!!! Det er ingen andre som har anledning til å konkurrere med TOMRA på disse systemene. Tviler sterkt på at de som styrer dette velger å gamble med å velge en annen leverandør. Man vil nok kikke over grensene og se på suksesshistoriene fra NSW og Queensland. Noe annet vil være å skyte seg selv i foten.

Investor
Oyod
14.03.2019 kl 21:25 1273

Dette blir spennende å følge med på!