Tomra - Victoria, Australia. Totalt kaos innen resirkulering!

Kommentatoren
TOM 14.03.2019 kl 20:57 2767

Victoria er den eneste delstaten i Australia som ikke har eller planlegger innføring av pantesystem. Delstatsregjeringen har avfeid alle pressgrupper som vil ha pantesystem med henvisning til "de gamle argumentene" (les: Argumente drikkevareprodusentene historisk har bombardert politiske myndigheter med, kun motivert av hensyn til egen profitt, og ofte har vunnet frem med, for å hindre innføring av pant). Dermed har det gått som det måtte gå i Victoria når det (heldigvis) ikke lenger er fritt frem for å eksportere alt som heter møkkete søppel til manuell sortering i verdens fattigere nasjoner.

Det er imidlertid håp for Victoria ettersom Tomra jo er meget aktive i såvel i delstatene New South Wales som i Queensland og klare til å innta Western Australia. Tomra har den globalt markedsledende teknologien Victoria trenger, både når det gjelder innføring av pantesystem og sortering av blandet husholdningsavfall, for ta ut verdien i ressursene som ligger der.

NATIONALVICTORIARECYCLING

Recycling crisis set for parliamentary inquiry

By Benjamin Preiss
March 6, 2019

The disastrous state of Victoria’s recycling system will be the subject of a parliamentary inquiry that will propose solutions to the mounting problem.

Many Victorian councils continue to dump recycling material in landfill from kerbside collections after waste processing company SKM Services was banned from accepting more recyclables at two sites.

Thousands of tonnes of recyclables have now been dumped in landfill at a hefty cost to affected councils.

The parliamentary inquiry, proposed by the Victorian Greens, was endorsed by the State Parliament’s upper house on Wednesday.

Victoria’s recycling sector was plunged into chaos after China stopped accepting low-grade imported recycling waste last year.

The Greens are also continuing to push for a container deposit scheme, much like the cash for cans program that was popular in the 1980s but later scrapped.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/recycling-crisis-set-for-parliamentary-inquiry-20190306-p5128w.html
Redigert 20.01.2021 kl 11:47 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
18.03.2019 kl 21:50 2660

Innbyggere i Victoria som har fått nok av myndighetenes unnfallenhet og gåt til aksjon! I morgen vil folk dumpe avfall som egentlig bør resirkuleres på trappene til parlamentet til delstatsregjeringen i Victoria. Politikere vil også delta i aksjonen. Myndigheter rundt om i kommunene ber om at det blir innført pantesystem i Victoria.

Victorians to dump recycling at parliament

Jacqueline Le
Australian Associated Press18 March 2019

Victorians fed up with their recycling being sent to landfill are planning to dump plastic, paper and cans on the steps of state parliament in a bid to get authorities to take action.

The campaign by Friends of the Earth on Tuesday morning is calling on the state government to address a recycling crisis caused by the shutdown of a major processor.

Organisers want people to bring their weekly recycling to parliament to tell the government "if you send our recycling to landfill, we will bring it to you".

Some councils have been forced to send reusable waste to landfill after the state's environment watchdog in February shut down three plants operated by SKM Services Pty Ltd amid fears stockpiles of recyclables posed a fire hazard.

The shutdown left the sector in limbo, as SKM was responsible for collecting about half of Victoria's kerbside recycling.

Last week one of the company's plants at Laverton North was allowed to resume accepting materials, but the other two remain shut.

Councils left in limbo have asked the state government to set up a container deposit scheme and for more cash to cover the costs incurred from the shutdown

Transform Waste campaign coordinator Anine Cummins said Victorians and councils were fed up with the situation and needed the state government to do more.

"It's a message to the state government that you can't keep dragging your feet on this," she told AAP.

Victorian Greens leader Samantha Ratnam and Greens MP for Melbourne, Ellen Sandell, are expected to attend Tuesday's recycling display.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/victorians-dump-recycling-parliament-163204855--spt.html
Kommentatoren
15.04.2019 kl 20:20 1751

Fra vondt til verre for australske myndigheter når "60 minutes" nå avslører at godtroende borgere som tror de gjør "the right thing" og sorterer sitt plastavfall for resirkulering, lures trill rundt.

Godt for australske myndigheter å vite at Tomra er godt etablert i nasjonen og kan tilby den globalt markedsledende teknologien som trengs for å sortere blandet plastavfall slik at de forskjellige bestandeler kan resirkuleres nå som myndigheten trolig må ta nasjonens resirkuleringskrise på alvor og stimulere tilrettelegging av resirkulering av blandet plastavfall innenlands.

NewsNational

60 Minutes: Australia’s recycling lie exposed: Plastics being dumped, buried and burned in Malaysia

By Liz Little • 60 Minutes Digital Producer
7:42pm Apr 14, 2019

A 60 Minutes investigation has revealed that Australia’s attempts to ethically recycle are falling short, causing harm offshore for our international “dumping ground.”

Australia has earned the unfortunate title of one of the world’s most wasteful nations, and as our waste crisis worsened the importance of recycling was drilled into the nation.

We were encouraged to reduce, reuse, recycle, in a desperate bid to clean up the country.

But as 60 Minutes reporter Liam Bartlett revealed, the reality is that much of the public’s efforts to recycle the huge amounts of plastic we consume are often a waste of time.

60 Minutes has tracked mixed plastic waste - the material assumed easiest to salvage and re-use - from the recycling bins of Australian suburbs to dozens of illegal processing sites in Malaysia, where our discarded plastics often end up being dumped, buried or even burned.

It’s turned Malaysia into Australia’s dumping ground, with dire consequences including contamination of drinking water and air pollution.

Despite so many Australians diligently separating plastics from their general waste and placing it in their recycling bins, very little reprocessing of mixed plastic is happening on home soil - with the exception of milk bottles and soft drink bottles which have a discrete market.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/60-minutes-plastic-australian-recycling-malaysia-china/e1a06745-9b35-4b15-85cb-32168ef9b440
Redigert 15.04.2019 kl 21:59 Du må logge inn for å svare
Fame
16.04.2019 kl 00:26 1689

Anbefaler alle å se 60 minutes episoden!

Her er lenken:
https://youtu.be/lqrlEsPoyJk
Sydney
16.04.2019 kl 00:48 1668

Spennende. Jeg føler at vi sitter i en gullgruve. Fremtidens aksje samtidig som det er en solid pengemaskin allerede. Det er min bankers aksje i porteføljen
KanonBra5
16.04.2019 kl 08:24 1566

Dette er selvfølgelig tragisk, men en gullgruve for TOMRA i tiden fremover da alle land må en infrastruktur (innsamling, nøyaktig sortering, omgjøring til ny plastikk) for resirkulering på plass. Dette passer som hånd i hanske for TOMRA!!!

TOMRA er og blir en enda større gullgruve i årene fremover!!!

Investor
Redigert 16.04.2019 kl 08:41 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
25.04.2019 kl 21:38 1323

Ja, det føles definitivt slik KanonBra5!

Men hvis noen fortsatt tror verdens rike nasjoner kan la være å bygge opp egen infrastruktur for resirkulering og fortsette å dumpe sitt blandede avfall i verdens fattigere nasjoner, presenterer jeg to nyheter fra i dag som taler for seg selv...

Filippinene:

Filipino President Duterte Threatens ‘War’ if Canada Does Not Take Trash Back

BY MARGARET WOLLENSAK, THE EPOCH TIMES
April 24, 2019 Updated: April 24, 2019

Filipino President Rodrigo Duterte threatened Tuesday to set sail to Canada next week to return garbage dumped in the Philippines several years ago.

“I want a boat prepared. I’ll give a warning to Canada maybe next week that they better pull that thing out or I will set sail to Canada and dump the trash there,” Duterte said, according Philippine News Agency, the government’s online newswire service.

A total of 103 container vans labelled “plastics” from Canada arrived at a Manila port during 2013 and 2014 for recycling. However, the containers were actually filled with Canadian household waste, including adult diapers, electronic garbage, and non-recyclable plastics.

The containers, which were shipped by a private company, have been rotting in the port for nearly six years now.

Duterte also reportedly asked Philippines Customs Commissioner Rey Guerrero to prohibit Canada from sending more trash to the country, and even threatened to declare war against Canada over the matter.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/filipino-president-duterte-threatens-war-if-canada-does-not-take-trash-back_2892560.html

WORLD

TUCKER CARLSON SAYS CANADA SENDING TRASH TO PHILIPPINES IS 'GARBAGE COLONIALISM'

BY DAVID BRENNAN ON 4/25/19 AT 6:51 AM EDT

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson-justin-trudeau-garbage-philippines-rodrigo-duterte-trash-1405418

Malaysia:

Malaysia plans to send back plastic wastes to countries of origin

BY SUKHBIR CHEEMA
11 HOURS, 39 MINUTES

Malaysia is not having any of it. Plastics that is.

Its Energy, Science, Technology, Environment and Climate Change Minister Yeo Bee Yin has warned that countries which send plastic wastes to Malaysia will have the trash sent back.

The Malaysian government is also set to launch a full force clampdown on illegal plastic waste.

“Malaysia will not be the dumping ground of the world. We will send back (the waste) to the original countries," Yeo says, adding that her ministry is working on identifying the countries of origin for these wastes.

According to Yeo, the plastics smuggled to Malaysia are concealed as goods through containers.

She now warns that companies and agents caught red handed in the smuggling process will face the full wrath of the Malaysian government by having their business licenses revoked.

Ever since China closed its doors to recyclable plastic waste, Malaysia together with Thailand and Indonesia are the top destinations for countries such as the U.S., the U.K. and Australia who dump hundreds of tons of wastes.

Sadly much of the trash does not get recycled due to the high cost in doing that. So they're usually burned.

The situation has been bad because several residents in Malaysia have begun waging war against illegal plastic recycling factories. These factories had been burning and then dumping the plastics in residential areas, causing many to fall ill.

https://sea.mashable.com/science/3428/malaysia-plans-to-send-back-plastic-wastes-to-countries-of-o
Kommentatoren
16.07.2019 kl 20:45 1044

HomeNewsLatest News

JULY 13 2019 - 6:00PM

Where to for our recycling in Ballarat and Victoria?

Jolyon Attwooll

"For too long the federal government has dismissed waste management as a state issue, with the Victorian government often then shrugging it off as a local government issue. This must change"

Municipal Association of Victoria

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/6272069/the-push-to-fix-victorias-dysfunctional-recycling-industry/

Redigert 16.07.2019 kl 20:45 Du må logge inn for å svare