Tomra - nå skyller snart pantebølgen inn over USA!

Kommentatoren
TOM 20.03.2019 kl 23:58 8745

I seks stater i USA fremmes det lovforslag om innføring av pant i 2019. Det er et rekordhøyt antall i løpet av ett kalenderår! Det er reell sjanse for at stater faktisk vedtar lovforslag og innfører pant i 2019. Så her får trolig selv Tomra noen positive overraskelser i fanget. Ledelsen har nemlig under kvartalpresentasjoner gitt uttrykk for at man hadde svært lave forrventninger til at positiv utvikling ville finne sted under den nåværende amerikanske presidenten, men nå ser vi altså at f.eks. i Arkansas, som er en av statene lovforslag fremmes i i 2019, støttes lovforslaget både av demokrater og republikanerne. Utviklingen går bare en vei når det gjelder disse problemstillingene, takket være presset politikere settes under fra opinionen.

Ti stater i USA har panteordninger i dag. California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Oregon og Vermont. Så det er stadig 40 igjen å ta av! Det er to hovedgrunner til at panteordninger nå rykker nærmere i flere stater. Den ene er krisen med plastikkbergene som hoper seg opp overalt etter at Kina med flere nasjoner i Sørøst-Asia har innført forbud mot import av blandet plastavfall. De nevnte plastikkbergene er blandede og skitne og ikke resirkulerbare slik de er i motsetning til plastflasker samlet inn av pantemaskiner. Denne plasten er ensartet og kan kuttes opp, vaskes og resirkuleres. Den andre hovedgrunnen er at amerikanske deikkevareprodusenter som Coca-Cola, Pepsi m.fl. har gått ut med løfter om at deres emballasje/flasker fremover skal bestå av spesifikke andeler resirkulert plast. Skal disse ha mulighet for å holde løftene sine må de ha de nødvendige råvarer for å tilvirke den resirkulerte plasten av (helt nødvendig) høy kvalitet. Disse råvarene har de ikke i dag, men de får tilgang til dem hvis pantesystemer innføres!

Har sagt det før mange ganger og gjentar det gjerne: Pantesystemer kommer overalt. Det er kun et tidsspørsmål.

Uptick occurs in bottle bill proposals

A handful of states have proposed legislation to add bottle bills in an effort to recycle beverage containers.

March 12, 2019
Megan Smalley

Lawmakers in at least six states have proposed legislation to add bottle bills so far in 2019. Bills have been proposed in Arkansas (House Bill 1771), Florida (Senate Bill 853), Illinois (House Bill 2651), New Jersey (Assembly Bill 1710), Tennessee (House Bill 0814 and Senate Bill 0885) and West Virginia (House Bill 3120).

Arkansas state House Rep. Vivian Flowers (D-Pine Bluff) filed HB 1771 March 11 in hopes of introducing a bottle bill. The state last proposed legislation in 2007; but. according to a news release from KATV in Little Rock, Arkansas, proposed legislation “appears to have bipartisan support.”

Susan Collins, executive director of the Container Recycling Institute, Culver City, California, says lawmakers in various states propose bottle bills every year; however, she adds that seeing six different states with active proposals is a little on the “high side.”

“I think [most] of these states have had proposed legislation at one point or another,” she says. “Sometimes legislators introduce these bills and work on them all year. Sometimes they introduce it, but they don’t put their full effort into it. Without a fair amount of effort behind [a bottle bill], a lot of education needs to be done to get it passed.”

With the currently proposed bills, Collins notes that Tennessee’s HB 814 and SB 885 have strong support, making them more likely to pass in the near future.

“It’s a well-developed effort,” she says of Tennessee’s proposed bottle bill.

While it’s not likely for all of these proposed bills to pass without strong organized support, Collins adds that these types of regulations along with bottle bill expansion plans are needed in light of new sustainability goals from some of the major beverage companies in the United States.

“A big factor in all of this is that beverage companies and makers of other types of packaged goods have come out with new sustainability goals,” she says. “They have goals saying they will use a certain amount of recycled content. But that [material] is not available because we’re not collecting enough [polyethylene terephthalate].

“The current PET recycled content rate with bottles is only 7 percent. In other words, of all the PET bottles out there, the average content is only 7 percent recycled yet some companies are saying they want to use 50 percent recycled content.”

https://www.recyclingtoday.com/article/six-states-propose-bottle-bills-2019/

Redigert 21.01.2021 kl 05:14 Du må logge inn for å svare
Tota
21.03.2019 kl 00:05 8741

Er Tomra involvert i noen av de ti statene som har et retursystem?
Kommentatoren
21.03.2019 kl 00:09 8718

Ja, i de fleste, tror jeg. Kanskje alle. Ikke helt sikker der.

Greier ikke å finne oppdatert info om eksakt tilstedeværelse i USA pr. i dag, men fant denne pressemeldingen fra april 2017 som viser at man på det tidspunkt hadde operative systemer i minst 6 av de 10 statene. Om noen av de 4 andre statene har innført pant i ettertid og om Tomra da eventuelt er aktiv der, vet jeg ikke.

Tomras globale markedsandel når det gjelder automatiserte pantesystemer ligger i intervallet 75 - 80%.

18 April 2017

TOMRA hosts Earth Day events in Bottle Bill states

Shelton, Conn — TOMRA, a leading manufacturer of reverse vending solutions for collecting, reusing and recycling cans and bottles, is hosting Earth Day events at partner retail locations in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York and Vermont.

https://www.tomra.com/en/collection/reverse-vending/reverse-vending-news/2017/tomra-earth-day-donate
KanonBra5
21.03.2019 kl 07:22 8588

Dette er fantastiske nyheter for TOMRA og miljøet. For å være ærlig kommer Coca Cola, PepsiCo, osv til å være sterke pådrivere (tror nesten de kommer til å stille det som krav) for pantesystemer globalt. Ettersom det er VELDIG dårlig markedsføring for dem å ha flasker/bokser (med deres logo, osv) liggende rundt omkring i naturen/havet. Og at man med de strenge krav til gjenbruk/resirkulering må få de tomme flaskene/boksene inn igjen for å få laget nye!!

Fremtiden ser dermed EKSTREMT lys ut for TOMRA!!

Investor
Kommentatoren
06.05.2019 kl 17:40 8322

Tomra er høyst nærværende i Connecticut hvor det nå går mot at pantesatsen heves fra 5 til 10 cent. Spekteret av bokser og flasker som omfattes av pateordningen skal også økes betraktelig. Kombinert betyr dette at et betydelig større antall flasker og bokser vil bli samlet inn av Tomras pantemaskiner i delstaten. Myndighetenes mål er å oppnå en retur av 90% av flaskene og boksene som omfattes av ordningen.

Committee Advances Changes To Bottle Bill

by Jack Kramer | May 2, 2019 9:00am

HARTFORD, CT — A bill hiking the bottle deposit from a nickel to a dime passed the Finance, Revenue and Bonding Committee on Wednesday by a 36 to 13 vote.

It now heads to the House.

The legislation would expand the current bottle bill, which was originally passed 40 years ago. Current law requires a nickel deposit on mostly carbonated beverages and water. The new law would raise the deposit to a dime effective July 1, 2022, and include juices, teas, and sports or energy drinks effective July 1, 2020.

The bill also would increase the amount of money redemption centers receive and lower the amount of money the state keeps from the unclaimed bottle deposits. The bill would allows distributors to keep 20 percent of the unclaimed bottle deposits.

The goal of the legislation is to get residents to redeem 90% of the containers that have a deposit on them.

Rep. Mary Mushinksy, D-Wallingford, a long time recycling advocate, told Finance, Revenue and Bonding Committee members that jacking up the rate to a dime and increasing the handling fee will be a job producer for the state.

“If we increase our rates, modernize our rates, we will open new redemption centers, have new jobs,” Mushinsky said, nothing that several redemption centers have closed the last few years across the state.

She added that the extra nickel will also “help low-income people who collect containers” and charitable organizations who rely on bottle collections to help supplement funding.

“The goal is to increase the amount of recovered and recycled materials,” Demicco said.

He said they are trying to increase the value of the products that are recycled because putting them in the blue bin degrades the value of the recyclables.

“It is high time that the state addresses this issue,” Bethel First Selectman Matt Knickerbocker said at a press conference where Demicco and Christine Cohen, D-Guilford, Environment Committee co-chair, pushed the legislation.

The problem is “far bigger than the 169 towns to solve. It’s not something we can fix on our own,” Knickerbocker said. “Since China has stopped accepting recyclable materials from the United States, and since the glass contamination issue has gotten so big, what used to be a revenue stream for many communities has now turned into a cost.”

He said Waterbury, which used to realize $15,000 in revenue from selling recycled materials through the system, is now spending $330,000 from the taxpayers. In Fairfield, $50,000 in revenue is now a $500,000 cost.

https://www.ctnewsjunkie.com/archives/entry/20190502_committee_advances_changes_to_bottle_bill/

At en en delstat i USA med republikansk flertall nå kan stå på terskelen til å innføre pant, er oppsiktsvekkende og viser hvor sterkt kampen mot plastavfall og fokus på resirkulering av plast har festet seg i opinionen med press mot politikere om å handle som følge. Pennsylvania har over 12 milllioner innbyggere.

State House GOP: Dem's anti-littering bottle bill has chance

Lindsey O'Laughlin York Dispatch
Published 3:26 PM EDT Apr 30, 2019

A 5-cent bottle deposit and stiffer fines for littering aren't out of the question in Pennsylvania, according to a spokesman for Republican state House Majority Leader Bryan Cutler.

The "bottle bill" and hefty littering fines are among a sweeping 13-bill environmental package House Democrats unveiled April 10, dubbed Zero Waste PA.

"There are certainly some ideas that our leaders and our members are going to be excited to work on," said House GOP spokesman Mike Straub.

The package includes proposals that would ban plastic straws and polystyrene food containers and impose fees on plastic shopping bags.

Thirteen different House Democrats intend to sponsor one of the bills in the package.

"I think that single-use plastics are something that we should all be aware of using and looking for ways to limit our use," said Democratic Rep. Mary Jo Daley of Montgomery County, who intends to sponsor the plastic straw bill.

There isn't much support in the GOP caucus for putting new mandates on businesses, Straub said.

"While the intent is noble, obviously, to try to do things in the best interests of the environment, it can’t come at a burden passed along to those business owners," he said.

More: After plastic straws, concerns rise over balloons

More: York County GOP lawmakers tout regulation reform package

Daley's bill would prohibit restaurants and other establishments from offering plastic straws to customers unless a customer were to request one.

She acknowledged that as a Democrat, she's used to introducing legislation that doesn't get much attention in the Republican-controlled General Assembly, but that doesn't mean it's not worthwhile to bring attention to the issue, she said.

"Sometimes bills don’t get passed the first time around, but they pick up some traction over time," she said.

Another bill that would ban restaurants from using polystyrene food containers is sponsored by Rep. Tim Briggs of Montgomery County. It's the only bill within the package that's been officially introduced in the House.

Ten states have bottle deposit programs, some in place for decades. In some of those states, the grocery industry has pushed for the repeal of the anti-littering legislation, labeling its management onerous.

https://eu.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/2019/04/27/state-house-gop-dems-anti-littering-bottle-bill-has-chance/3575194002/

EDITORIAL: Zero Waste PA give GOP a chance to return to roots

York Dispatch Editorial Board
Published 5:00 AM EDT May 2, 2019

https://eu.yorkdispatch.com/story/opinion/editorials/2019/05/02/editorial-zero-waste-pa-give-gop-chance-return-roots/3641752002/

Kommentatoren
13.05.2019 kl 20:44 8117

Kunnskap/oppmerksomhet rundt "Closed Loop" og "Clean Loop Recycling" sprer seg nå raskt overalt på kloden, i takt med den voldsomt økende interessen i opinionen for ansvarlig håndtering av plastavfall og bærekraftig resirkulering. Her får amerikanerne (og dere som leser dette) også vite at Tomra kommer till å ansette 2 000 ny medarbeider de neste to årene...

U.S. consumers redeemed billions of UBCs through TOMRA reverse vending machines in 2018

Globally, RVMs collected more than 40 billion cans and bottles

May 10, 2019

According to TOMRA of North America, U.S. consumers redeemed billions of used beverage containers though the company's reverse vending machines (RVMs) in 2018, with more than 2 billion redeemed in the Northeast alone. RVMs collect beverage containers for recycling and prevent them from entering oceans and landfills.

When a plastic bottle is returned to an RVM, the material is protected from contamination from other types of household waste. The bottle maintains its food-grade status and can be turned back into another plastic bottle in a "closed loop" - it does not get "downcycled" or thrown away. TOMRA calls this process "Clean Loop Recycling," and is on a mission to keep as many beverage containers in the loop as possible.

"TOMRA's RVMs collected more than 40 billion cans and bottles globally last year, and the U.S. contributed billions to that total" said Ernie Argenio, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for TOMRA of North America. "With plastic pollution top-of-mind for many consumers and businesses, we are proud to offer a circular solution for the material used in beverage containers. We are constantly innovating new reverse vending technology and consumer engagement programs to encourage the responsible redemption of bottles and cans, and these numbers reflect that mission."

The increased participation (up from 35 billion containers in 2017) in redeeming beverage containers reflects the world's growing concern about plastic pollution. Container deposit laws are becoming recognized as a circular solution for beverage containers around the world, and TOMRA plans to hire 2,000 new employees over the next two years to meet demand for deposit system expertise.

https://www.recyclingproductnews.com/article/30901/us-consumers-redeemed-billions-of-ubcs-through-tomra-reverse-vending-machines-in-2018
KanonBra5
14.05.2019 kl 07:20 7998

Ja, man ansetter ikke 2000 nye medarbeidere om man ikke har litt innsikt i etterspørselen fremover.

Tips: Benytt den antagelige nedgangen i dag til å sikre deg TOMRA aksjer. Husk at denne nedgangen ikke har rot i hvordan TOMRA gjør det for tiden og fremover. Denne kommer pga. urolighetene rundt handelsavtalene mellom Kina og USA.

Lykke til.

Investor
Sydney
14.05.2019 kl 12:03 7857

Angående utbytte. Når er det på konto? Har Netfonds liv. Blir det da satt inn på livkonto eller blir det satt inn på privat kontoen?
Kommentatoren
06.06.2019 kl 19:52 7649

I Vermont er vinflasker på vei inn i pantesystemet og Tomra er klar til å ta imot og bidra til å heve resirkuleringskvaliteten når det gjelder vinflasker.

Why Vermonters don't pay a deposit on wine bottles, and why they someday might

Joel Banner Baird Burlington Free Press
Published 6:09 PM EDT Jun 4, 2019

No one is predicting the price of Merlot or Cabernet to spike anytime soon in Vermont, but plenty of people are suggesting that those bottles should set you back an extra nickel.

A proposed change to the state's bottle bill aims to steer those empties away from blue-bin recycling and into cleaner, more profitable redemption centers.

Beer and soda drinkers can chill: They've been paying a five-cent deposit on each bottle and can since 1973. Thrifty-minded consumers return those containers, and get back their pocket-change.

Responsible wine drinkers typically drain a bottle and tuck it into a blue bin.

Some of Vermont's proposed transition to an expanded bottle bill would be seamless, said Kellie Porter, the North American marketing and communications manager for Norway-based Tomra — the company that makes the reverse vending machines used all over the world, including in the Green Mountain State.

"They can be calibrated to accept wine bottles without any other modification," Porter said of the automated redemption centers.

For a test-drive of a wine bottle-friendly bottle bill in action, Porter added, Vermonters need only scoot to Maine.

Local consumers, meanwhile, might do well to remember that a bottle in the blue bin is unlikely to become another bottle, said Mary Ann Remolador of Brattleboro-based Northeast Recycling Council.

"Personally," Remolador added, "I would pay a little more to have glass containers made from recycled glass containers."

https://eu.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/2019/06/04/vermont-bottle-bill-why-vermonters-dont-pay-deposit-wine-bottles/1330383001/

Oregon har hevet pantesatsen fra 5 til 10 cent. Tomras pantemaskiner går varme som en følge av dette, men at innbyggere i Washington krysser grensen for å pante flasker man ikke har betalt pant for, er et problem. Den beste løsningen ville vært om også Washington innført pant. Det kommer vel etterhvert. Der som ellers rundt om på kloden.

Oregon considering fine for people in Washington trying to redeem bottles in Oregon

by Keaton ThomasTuesday, June 4th 2019

PORTLAND, Ore. – Oregon lawmakers are trying to deter people from Washington from recycling their bottles and cans in Oregon -- by imposing a hefty fine.

Senate Bill 522 is currently on Governor Kate Brown’s desk. It passed through the house and senate by big margins in April and May.

The bill would create a fine of up to $250 for people who try to return more than 50 containers that they know come from out of state. It would also be considered a Class D Violation. People from Washington will still be able to redeem bottles if they can demonstrate they purchased it from Oregon.

Since Oregon’s bottle deposit jumped to ten cents, the number of returns spiked. So did the number of people from Washington trying to return bottles in Oregon.

https://katu.com/news/local/oregon-considering-fine-for-people-in-washington-trying-to-redeem-bottles-in-oregon
Kommentatoren
13.06.2019 kl 22:09 7542

Super nyhet "over there"! Det synes nemlig å være klart for innføring av pantesystem i Pennsylvania ettersom forslaget nå har flertall både i Representantenes Hus og Senatet i delstaten som har ca. 13 millioner innbyggere! Lav pantesats, men den kan økes etterhvert: Oregon økte f.eks. pantesatsen fra 5 til 10 cent for ikke veldig lenge siden.. Det resulterte i et voldsomt oppsving i pantingen der.

Pa. bottle bill would set up deposit program to reduce waste, litter

Stephen Huba

STEPHEN HUBA | Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:40 p.m.

A proposal to set up a beverage bottle and can deposit program in Pennsylvania now has support in the state House and Senate.

State Rep. Wendy Ullman, D-Doylestown, said Tuesday state Sen. Sharif Street, D-Philadelphia, planned to introduce a companion bill in the Senate that is modeled on her legislation (HB 1322), which would create a 5-cent beverage bottle and can deposit program in Pennsylvania.

Ullman’s bill is part of the House Democrats’ “Zero Waste PA” legislative package, which is aimed at reducing single-use plastics and addressing pervasive issues of litter.

“PennDOT spends upwards of $10 million a year cleaning up litter. Reducing the amount of beverage containers in the litter stream will bring a significant cost savings to taxpayers,” Ullman said.

Ullman’s program would include a redemption rate of 5 cents on returnable containers and a handling fee of 2 cents per container for retailers and redemption centers to help cover their costs associated with the handling and storage of returnable containers.

Additionally, any unclaimed or abandoned deposits forfeited by consumers would be recaptured by the commonwealth and deposited into the Hazardous Sites Cleanup Fund.

“The fact that beverage containers alone make up about 6% of our waste stream and half of all litter shows that we need to do more to promote recycling in Pennsylvania. My legislation will support and reward recycling, which will ultimately reduce waste throughout Pennsylvania and keep our outdoor areas beautiful and free from litter,” she said.

Ullman’s bill has been referred to the House Finance Committee.

https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvania/bottle-bill-would-set-up-deposit-program-to-reduce-waste-litter/
Kommentatoren
16.07.2019 kl 20:06 7023

July 12, 2019 01:22 PM

California lawmakers, industry in talks about tough recycled content PET bottle rules

STEVE TOLOKEN

A push by lawmakers in California for 75 percent recycled content in PET bottles is moving some in the plastics bottling and beverage industries to sign on to something that's previously been hard for them to accept: government-mandated recycled content in bottles.

As California's Legislature considers several tough new plastic waste laws, a trio of industry groups — the Plastic Recycling Corp. of California (PRCC), the International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) and the American Beverage Association (ABA) — are telling lawmakers they are OK with a broad-based law requiring recycled content. Just not at the 75 percent level legislators want.

"We support the mandatory recycled [content] approach in this bill," said Mike Knudsen, a Sacramento, Ca.-based lobbyist for IBWA. "That's relatively new for us. This is a very challenging issue, and our primary objection to the bill is it's just too much, too fast."

Knudsen and others spoke at a July 3 state Senate hearing in Sacramento, held to look at legislation that would require 25 percent recycled content in PET bottles in 2021 and ramp up to 75 percent by 2030. All plastic containers covered by the state's bottle bill would be included.

https://www.plasticsnews.com/news/california-lawmakers-industry-talks-about-tough-recycled-content-pet-bottle-rules