REC - Trump says China's Xi will soon come to White House!!!

MC Axel
REC 26.04.2019 kl 02:58 3728

"Trump says China's Xi will soon come to White House

Reuters  Thursday April 25, 2019 20:08"

"Trump said on Thursday he would soon host Chinese leader Xi Jinping at the White House, setting the stage for a possible agreement on trade between the world’s two largest economies.

The White House said on Tuesday that Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer would travel to Beijing for additional talks on a trade dispute that has led to tit-for-tat tariffs between the two countries.

Chinese Vice Premier Liu He, who will lead the Beijing talks for China, will also travel to Washington for more discussions starting on May 8, it said.

“The subjects of next week’s discussions will cover trade issues including intellectual property, forced technology transfer, non-tariff barriers, agriculture, services, purchases, and enforcement,” the White House said.

Beijing and Washington are seeking a deal to end a bitter trade war that has cost them billions of dollars, disrupted supply chains and rattled financial markets.

Trump has said he expects to finalize the deal in a meeting with Xi.

Reporting by Jeff Mason; Writing by Doina Chiacu; Editing by Tim Ahmann and Peter Cooney"

https://www.kitco.com/news/2019-04-25/Trump-says-China-s-Xi-will-soon-come-to-White-House.html
Redigert 20.01.2021 kl 23:50 Du må logge inn for å svare
MC Axel
30.04.2019 kl 11:10 1808

Negotiators Are In Beijing For Talks On Ending U.S.-China Trade War

Audio will be available later today.

April 30, 20195:03 AM ET

Heard on Morning Edition

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has been suggesting that the U.S. and China are closing in on a trade deal. NPR's David Greene talks to Erin Ennis, of the U.S.-China Business Council.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/30/718546513/negotiators-are-in-beijing-for-talks-on-ending-u-s-china-trade-war?t=1556615373579
MC Axel
29.04.2019 kl 20:36 2057

We're closing in on a deal!

Reuters

"DAVOS

APRIL 29, 2019 / 4:47 PM / UPDATED 2 HOURS AGO

IMF's Lagarde expects U.S. and China to reach trade deal

Svea Herbst-Bayliss, Matt Scuffham

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (Reuters) - International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde said on Monday she expects the United States and China to reach a deal to end their trade dispute, which has unnerved financial markets and cast a shadow over the global economy.

Christine Lagarde, Managing Director and Chairwoman of the International Monetary Fund speaks during the Milken Institute's 22nd annual Global Conference in Beverly Hills, California, U.S., April 29, 2019. REUTERS/Mike Blake

“I would say ‘Yes’,” Lagarde said at the Milken Institute Global Conference when asked whether talks between the world’s two largest economies would end in a deal.

Washington and Beijing have been engaged for the past year in a trade war marked by tariffs on billions of dollars in goods and threats of escalation. The talks are now at a critical point.

U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin was scheduled to speak at the conference on Monday but is headed to China instead for talks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Lagarde was the first speaker at the annual Milken Institute’s conference, which draws 4,000 attendees including some of the world’s most powerful thinkers and trendsetters to discuss finance, health care and other topics.

Other speakers during the three-day conference include the chiefs of financial powerhouses Goldman Sachs, Blackstone Group, State Street Corp as well as top investors including Steven A. Cohen, Thomas Barrack and Ken Griffin and prominent pension funds and endowments.

In a wide-ranging interview, Lagarde said she does not see the U.S. economy dipping into a recession in the wake of last week’s news that it grew at a stronger-than-expected 3.2 percent annualized pace in the first three months of 2019.

Concerns have been mounting over a global slowdown, particularly in China and Europe, and the prospect that the decade-long U.S. bull market might be coming to an end.

ADVERTISEMENT

But the strong U.S. GDP growth data may prompt leaders to reassess the health of the economy, she said. Lagarde cautioned, however, that more data is necessary before making a more definite call.

Even as inflation has been largely in check, a situation she called “highly mysterious,” Lagarde said she expects price pressures to pick up “gradually and slowly” in the coming months, in part fueled by rising oil prices.

When asked whether she would like to continue as IMF chief when her current term is up in 2021, Lagarde said, “I’m looking at my options.” The former French politician was named IMF chief in 2011.

Editing by Chizu Nomiyama and Paul Simao

Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

REUTERS NEWS NOW

Subscribe to our daily curated newsletter to receive the latest exclusive Reuters coverage delivered to your inbox.

Submit

TRENDINGU.S. consumer spending roars back, but inflation tame

The obscure advisory committees at the heart of the U.S. drug pricing debate

Tesla says may seek new funding; shares up after SEC agreement

California synagogue mourns woman who 'took the bullet' in weekend shooting

As trade talks reach endgame, U.S.-China ties could hinge on enforcement

AppsNewslettersAdvertise with UsAdvertising GuidelinesCookiesTerms of UsePrivacy

All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes. See here for a complete listof exchanges and delays.

© 2019 Reuters. All Rights Reserved."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-milken-conference-lagarde/imfs-lagarde-expects-us-and-china-to-reach-trade-deal-idUSKCN1S51LP
nemi's
28.04.2019 kl 09:20 2545

Imponerende at Wacker kan produsere for fullt etter ramp-up i 2018 i Charleston. De har 20.000MT annual capacity der. 80.000MT totalt, med sine to fabrikker også i Tyskland. I følge Bernreuter er de/var de verdens største produsent inn i 2018. Og etter brannen i Tennesse i 2017, har de nå også fått endelig oppgjør fra forsikringen.

"...as all production plants were running a full utilisation". https://www.pv-tech.org/news/wackers-polysilicon-losses-mount-in-q1

Vennligst referer til analyser når dere hevder at det er "velkjent" at ASP skal bunne akkurat i april 2018. Det kan da ikke være så vanskelig. I Kina så klart, for ROW finnes jo ikke.
økon
28.04.2019 kl 08:42 2607

Rec har bygd et monster av en fabrikk... — som produserer det samme som Moses Lake, og som det etter enkeltes mening ikke er marked for?! Jeg tror det er genialt å ha en produsent inne i Kina som baner vei for FBR, så skal det nok bli avsetning for rec også, bare de får spille på like vilkår.
Slettet bruker
28.04.2019 kl 00:23 2742

Nei, den opphører ikke, men som i de fleste andre bransjer så er den bundet til tilbud og etterspørsel. Det har i flere år vært og er fortsatt alt for stort tilbud. Og dette evinnelige maset om tilgangen til Kina, REC har der bygd et monster av en fabrikk og i tillegg så er nå prisene flatet ut.
Wacker beskriver dette greit i sin Q1 rapport. Og har tilgang til Kina via Europa.
Slettet bruker
28.04.2019 kl 00:00 2772

Det er meldt for lenge siden at april 2019 ville inneha de laveste polysil prisene. Dette er ingen overraskelse. Produsenter stenger ned og vi kommer til å se konsolideringer. Virker ikke veldig smart han, Blekkndekker, som kommer med sin analyse i slutten av april. Dette har vært kjent i markedet i mange måneder. Polysilprisene begynner å stige i mai, Blekkn..., så vet du det.
Slettet bruker
27.04.2019 kl 22:23 2874

Så din tese er at polysilikonproduksjon opphører globalt? ..... super analyse og konklusjon. Håper du kommer tilbake og forklarer hvorfor din analyse slo til..... eller ikke
Slettet bruker
27.04.2019 kl 20:07 3009

Kinesere i hvite ? eller ikke, ML er det bare å stenge ned først som sist. Wacker slapp akkurat blodrøde tall for q1 og de ser ingen lys i tunnelen og i tillegg så har de tilgang til det Kinesiske markedet:
Major polysilicon producer Wacker Chemie has continued to be impacted by record low polysilicon prices, due to overcapacity and weak demand caused by China’s ‘531 New Deal’ and lack of new support policies in China since June, 2018.

Wacker’s polysilicon division reported first quarter 2019 revenue of €211.1 million, up from €188.6 million in the previous quarter, due to volume growth as all production plants were running a full utilisation.
kvitekvist
26.04.2019 kl 18:04 3413

Chinese President Xi Jinping could travel to US to sign trade deal as early as June, source says

US President Donald Trump says White House visit will be ‘soon’ as hopes of ending the US-China trade war increase
Reaching a deal would bring to an end a near year-long dispute between the world’s two largest economies

China’s President Xi Jinping could meet his American counterpart Donald Trump in Washington as early as June if the two sides can finalise a deal to end the trade war, according to a source familiar with the arrangements.

The news comes after US President Trump said on Thursday that Xi would visit the White House “soon”.

The source told the South China Morning Post that Xi was open to the idea of travelling to the US immediately after the two sides reached a deal, so that he and Trump could sign the pact face to face.

(...)

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3007835/chinese-president-xi-jinping-could-travel-us-sign-trade-deal
MC Axel
26.04.2019 kl 03:06 3724

"BUSINESS NEWS

APRIL 25, 2019 / 10:04 PM / UPDATED 4 HOURS AGO

Trump says China's Xi will soon come to White House"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china/trump-says-chinas-xi-will-soon-come-to-white-house-idUSKCN1S12NW