PHO på AUA 4 mai

Hayen
PHO 01.05.2019 kl 14:03 1262

En eller annen gang mellom 1330-1530 4 mai blir dette presentert på AUA:

"Presentation Authors: Gorm von Gohren Edwin*, Baerum, Norway, Anders Debes, Oslo, Norway, Per-Uno Malmstrom, Uppsala, Sweden

Introduction: Bladder cancer is one of the most prevalent cancer in the world. Approximately 75% of bladder cancers are non-muscle invasive (NMIBC) and requires multiple follow up cystoscopies. Due to its high recurrence rate patients also undergo a high number of transurethral resections (TURBTs). Several studies have shown that blue light cystoscopy (BLC) with hexaminolevulinate improves detection rate of Ta, T1 cancers and carcinoma in situ (CIS). In combination with flexible cystoscopes, both diagnosis and treatment in the outpatient clinic (without the need of anaesthesia) is possible, saving costs and hospital admissions. A Nordic registry study is initiated to observe the clinical value and explore possible benefits of flexible BLC in the outpatient setting.

Methods: The Nordic Blue Light Flexible Cystoscopy registry (BLFC) is an observational study including patients undergoing blue light cystoscopy with hexaminolevulinate (Hexvix®/Cysview®, Photocure ASA) in the outpatient clinic for suspicion of, or in routine follow-up for NMIBC. Data recorded are patient demographics, bladder cancer history, findings under WLC and BLC, treatment performed, patient preference, physician experience and further management.

Results: To date, the registry includes 208 patients from five hospitals with a total of 370 outpatient visits. Amongst patients with at least one suspicious lesion a total of 344 lesions were identified, of which 223 (65%) were biopsied and 56 lesions were treated (fulgurated) within the same procedure, preventing referral for a transurethral resection (TURBT). 99 lesions (29%) were identifiable only by BLC. 64 (65%) of these lesions were biopsied and for lesions with confirmed malignancy, 30% were CIS and 4% T1. BLC provided added value in 75% of the patients, with a stronger confidence in confirming/refuting a suspicious lesion as the main advantage (27%). 95% of the patients preferred the outpatient procedure over a TURBT in the OR.

Conclusions: Flexible BLC as an adjunct to WLC in the outpatient clinic improves detection rate of malignant lesions and provides the possibility to finalize the diagnosis and treatment of the patients in the outpatient clinic, reducing the need for TURBT. Patients tolerate the treatment well and prefer this procedure over TURBT in the OR.

Source of Funding: Photocure ASA contributes financially to the registry study.
Redigert 01.05.2019 kl 14:07 Du må logge inn for å svare
Hayen
01.05.2019 kl 14:08 1253

Legg spesielt merke til :
99 lesions (29%) were identifiable only by BLC. 64 (65%) of these lesions were biopsied and for lesions with confirmed malignancy, 30% were CIS and 4% T1. BLC provided added value in 75% of the patients, with a stronger confidence in confirming/refuting a suspicious lesion as the main advantage (27%). 95% of the patients preferred the outpatient procedure over a TURBT in the OR.
focuss
01.05.2019 kl 14:11 1245

Hayen
Veldig bra. Det bekrefter også hva vi tidligere har trodd. Hele 95% av pasientene foretrekker poliklinisk oppfølging/TURBT. PHO ser stadig mer ut som en no-brainer når det gjelder å bli børsvinner fremover.
Hayen
01.05.2019 kl 15:02 1197

Focuss,
Har du sett denne undersøkelsen før?
Slettet bruker
01.05.2019 kl 15:09 1184

Old news bordering on fake news. Please try harder.

I ways think when people spend som much time trying to convince themselves that they have made the right decision they have often made the wrong one.
focuss
01.05.2019 kl 15:14 1175

Hayen
Har sett studier med tilsvarende resultater, men har vel ikke sett akkurat dette. Det jeg ikke har sett før er at 95% av pasientene foretrekker flexscope poliklinisk Det må nødvendigvis påvirke utviklingen
Sydney
01.05.2019 kl 15:14 1173

Det eneste som mangler er at det materialiserer seg i markedet i form av scopes og salg av doser. De seneste q rapportene har vært tunge å gå igjennom. Men noe bedre sist enn gangen før. Kan vi få overskudd hjelper det godt.
Hayen
01.05.2019 kl 15:14 1171

I have blocked you, but decided to read this one.
Why are you here commenting and trying to convince yourself that there is no future for the company?
Went in your own 'trap' didn't you?
Slettet bruker
01.05.2019 kl 18:04 1018

There will be no overskudd. Quite the opposite. An increased deficit
Slettet bruker
01.05.2019 kl 18:05 1018

I would prefer it if you would block me full time
Slettet bruker
01.05.2019 kl 18:13 1005

Overskudd/underskudd, betyr ingenting akkurat nå, det som betyr noe er at vekstakten fortsetter da det er det som setter standarden for astronomiske inntekter på sikt.
Kostnadene har de full kontroll på, men de øker for å gi aksjonærene enda mer tilbake framover i tid.

PHO blir gullbutikk, at noen velger å se annerledes på det får være opp til den enkelte, jeg er fast i troen og absolutt alt tyder på at vi som har trua her vil lykkes noe sykt med vår investering.