Tomra - da kan vi juble for "all-in" pantesystem i Skottland!

Kommentatoren
TOM 06.05.2019 kl 18:10 9136

Ja, for etter å ha lest det jeg videreformidler her, tror jeg trygt vi kan slippe jublen løs, og vedtar skottene et "ALL-IN" PANTESYSTEM med HØYE PANTESATSER, kommer resten av Storbrtitannia (England, Nord-Irland og Wales) til å gjøre det samme. Det er for lengst uttrykt fra øverste politiske hold at hele Storbritannia vil få et samkjørt pantesystem. Det har den britiske miljøvernministeren Michael Gove sagt i klartektst. Jo større og jo mer omfattende og komplekst pantesystem, jo større blir Tomras hovedrolle. Det sier seg selv når Tomra har nær 80% global markedsandel innen pantesystemer og dette er et prestisjeprosjekt av de sjeldne for skotske og britiske myndigheter.

Zero Waste Scotland er finansiert av skotske myndigheter og oppevnt til å utforme Skottlands pantesystem. Som dere kan lese nedefor, uttaler nå Zero Waste Scotland at skotske myndigheter ønsker et "all-in" pantesystem.

3 MAY 2019 by Will Date

Local authorities ‘will benefit’ from DRS

Local authorities will overall get a net benefit from the introduction of a Deposits Return Scheme for drinks containers, according to Zero Waste Scotland which is helping plan for the introduction of the scheme north of the border.

And, plans for a deposit return scheme for drinks containers in Scotland look likely to favour a higher deposit level, and are being drawn up on an ‘all-in’ basis to encompass a wide set of materials and container sizes.

Details of the possible format of the Scottish DRS, which will be introduced ahead of similar schemes in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, were discussed at the annual conference of the Scottish branch of the Local Authority Recycling Advisory Committee in Glasgow yesterday (2 May).

The measure sees consumers pay a deposit on the purchase of a soft drink, which is recouped if the packaging is returned for recycling.

Legislation

Zero Waste Scotland, the Scottish government funded resources body, is currently drawing up the final designs for how a Scottish DRS will function ahead of the introduction of legislation for the scheme later this year.

David Barnes, programme manager for Zero Waste Scotland, told the conference that the measure in Scotland is primarily aimed at reducing litter, whilst also capturing a higher volume of drinks containers and at a higher quality than those collected at the kerbside.

Questions were raised from delegates about the cost of the measure, as well as the impact on local authority kerbside collections, and whether it would incentivise ‘picking’ from recycling bins to create an income.

Up to 20p

Mr Barnes indicated that plans are being considered for the DRS rate to be set at a level that would incentivise the purchaser to return the packaging, with a potential deposit of up to 20p per item on the table.

“From our perspective, what we are keen to do is set the deposit rate at a level that motivates the person who purchased the container to return it for recycling, not just to create an opportunity for those who are less well off to do that.”

On the materials that this is likely to cover, he suggested that an ‘all-in’ approach is favoured by the Scottish Government, meaning that it will target all container sizes and materials.

“We are looking at an all in DRS,” he said. “Scottish Government has determined that it [an on the go DRS] doesn’t deliver the step change we are looking for, it targets that narrow a proportion of the containers that it doesn’t deliver against the objectives I have described.

Income streams

On the likely impact on income streams for local authorities, he said that the loss of revenue for recyclable materials would be offset by an increase in the diversion of material away from the residual waste stream, and a reduction in the cost of managing the proportion of that waste as litter.

“In terms of the impact for local authorities, we are aware that some of the material is an income stream but there is a huge amount going to residual waste that is being treated at cost to local authorities, and actually what our modelling shows that local authorities are net beneficiaries in terms of financial savings.”

Earlier in the day the conference also heard from the Scottish Government’s head of zero waste unit Janet McVea, who also highlighted the ongoing consultation on extended producer responsibility being undertaken alongside Defra.

She said: “The aim is to incentivise and steer manufacturing choices. But, I can’t emphasise enough how much of a game changer this reform could be and the opportunities that could present for local authorities and the opportunities to support more consistent collection of materials.”

On the impact of a DRS on local authorities, Ms Vea added: “There will continue to be a need for effective kerbside collections alongside a DRS and we will continue to work with local government as implementation plans progress.”

https://www.letsrecycle.com/news/latest-news/councils-benefit-drs/
Redigert 21.01.2021 kl 01:51 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
01.10.2019 kl 14:41 1921

Big, big BREAKING NEWS fra Skottland i dag.

Ekstremt gledelige Tomra-nyheter fra Skottland hvor det ikke har manglet på forsøk far industrihold på "å vanne ut" pantesystemet samt forsøk på å få det utsatt. Selv om høringen når det gjelder systemet fortsetter frem til 10.desember, bekreftes det allerede i dag at systemet blir i tråd med regjeringens forslag. Alle "single-use" flasker blir en del av pantesystemet, også glassflakser, og systemet skal som planlagt gå live 1.april 2021!

Jeg er 110% sikker på at Tomra går for og lykkes med å innta den store hovedrollen i dette skotske pantesystemet. Dette systemet blir nemlig den store, flotte, "state of the art" utstillingsvinduet når pantesystemer etterhvert skal opp og gå i resten av Storbritannia og landene i EU. Det er noe den skotske regjeringen også ønsker, i like høy grad som Tomra. Derfor går regjeringen selvsagt for det beste. Mark my words og vent og se. :)

Deposit return is coming in 2021

1 October 2019

No automatic exemptions for small stores, glass included, 18 months to go and one more chance to have your say

DEPOSIT return is set to go live on 1 April 2021.

New regulations published by the Scottish Government outline how DRS will work in Scotland.

While still subject to a consultation, the draft regulations are consistent with the Scottish Government’s established positions on a range of measures which have come under heavy fire from industry.

Under the proposed regulations, a 20p deposit will be applied to single-use PET bottles, aluminium cans and glass bottles. This will apply to drinks containers between 50ml and 3L in size.

Earlier this year, Scottish Grocer revealed that all industry members of the Scottish Government’s DRS Implementation Advisory Group (IAG) objected to including glass in the system.

Despite concerns raised by trade associations, including the Scottish Grocers Federation (SGF), the Scottish Retail Consortium and the Scottish Wholesale Association (SWA), all retailers who sell single-use drinks containers will be obliged to participate in the scheme – although the regulations do give ministers the power to grant some exemptions.

Stores can be given an exemption if there is an alternative return point close by that has agreed to accept returns on the retailer’s behalf. Those retailers who fail to implement DRS without an exemption could face a fine of up to £10,000.

At the collection end of DRS, the scheme will be operated by a ‘scheme administrator’ funded and operated by drinks producers.

Should the proposed regulations become law, the producer-operated scheme administrator will need to meet targets set by the Scottish Government: recovering 70% of packaging in year one; 80% in year two; and 90% in year three.

Once DRS goes live, all producers and suppliers selling drinks in Scotland will need to be registered with the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, which has been tasked with ensuring compliance among retailers and drinks companies.

The SGF welcomed that small stores will be able to apply for an exemption, but also restated its opposition to the inclusion of glass in the scheme.

SGF head of public policy and public affairs, Dr John Lee said: “The inclusion of glass will be bad for the scheme overall and for convenience stores in particular. Glass is heavy, liable to break and takes up considerable space. It will also drastically reduce the number of stores which can use automated take back. The convenience sector needs a united front on saying no to glass.”

Colin Smith, chief executive of the SWA was also critical of including glass in the scheme, as well as a “lack of recognition” of the “substantial additional costs” that Scottish wholesale businesses will face.

Smith said: “The Scottish Government’s DRS regulations now give the SWA and our members clarity about the scheme and an understanding of the serious impacts facing our members.

“But despite our regular and substantial input into the DRS Implementation Advisory Group, we are disappointed that there is no mitigation for, or handling fee, to recognise the substantial additional costs and cross-border logistics that will impact on our members’ businesses.

“Additional initial weekly cash-flow requirements will run into the hundreds of thousands of pounds for each member – one truck of drinks cans will cost an additional £14,000 alone.”

Environment Secretary Roseanna Cunningham said: “Our deposit return scheme is the first national scheme of its type in the UK. It is ambitious in scale and scope, and gives the people of Scotland a clear and straightforward way to do their bit for the environment.

“Research has shown that the scheme is anticipated to reduce the £46 million spent each year on litter removal and is expected to reduce emissions equivalent to taking 85,000 cars off our roads, while also enjoying widespread public support across Scotland.

“There is a global climate emergency which demands we show ambition to tackle it and safeguard our planet for future generations.

“This process will enable us to fine tune our proposals to ensure that they work well for industry, retail and the public, and we will continue to work with the Implementation Advisory Group to that end.”

• Retailers can still have their say on DRS. The deadline for submissions on the Scottish Government’s DRS consultation is 10 December.

https://www.scottishgrocer.co.uk/2019/10/01/deposit-return-is-coming-in-2021/
Redigert 20.01.2021 kl 23:27 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
16.09.2019 kl 22:07 2078

Blue Planet cameraman toasts Scotland’s role in tackling single-use plastics

16th Sep 19

Doug Allan said the Scottish Government is ‘ahead of the curve’ in taking on the issue.

Scotland is ahead of England in terms of tackling the issue of single-use plastics, one of two big problems facing the planet, according to an award-winning wildlife cameraman.
Doug Allan, originally from Dunfermline, Fife, has travelled the world working on TV series including Blue Planet and Frozen Planet.

The Scottish Government has made a commitment to ban plastic straws by the end of the year, while also introducing a deposit return scheme for some drinks containers.

Speaking to the PA news agency before another trip to the Arctic to film, the 68-year-old, who now lives in England, said the devolved Government in his homeland is “ahead of the curve”.

He said: “We’ve got two big issues that have been highlights recently.

“David Attenborough in Blue Planet 2 undoubtedly brought plastics to the forefront, which was a huge thing that needed to be done.

“There are now Government initiatives to stop so much waste but also to develop new plastics, which will be totally biodegradable or totally recyclable so that we don’t end up just ditching so much.

“The Scottish Government in particular are ahead of the curve in terms of bringing in bottle deposits all that sort of thing and banning single-use plastics, straws. Scotland are ahead of England in that respect.”

He added: “Now we’ve finally begun to become aware of climate change, which in its way is the biggest issue facing the planet because it’s going to affect all of us and every environment that we know of.

“It may be the UK sitting where it does between 45-55 degrees north that has always had a variable climate we can maybe cope with some of it but I don’t know how we cope with sea level rises, which could be a long-term problem.”

Initially a diver, Mr Allan discovered photography after “a chance meeting with David Attenborough” in 1981 before going on to win five Baftas and four Emmys, among other industry awards.

The cameraman also praised Scotland when comparing its seas to the cleanliness of other areas he has travelled to.

He said: “This whole business of sustainability, the state of the world’s seas and how clean or otherwise they are is a really big issue at the moment.

“I’ve seen climate change at work, seen the effects of plastic pollution and also seen just how good looking after the sea is for the whole general situation.

“Luckily Scotland’s seas are still doing very well generally, although there are shifts and baselines here and there.

“It’s hard to get an overall picture of something as big as the oceans.”

He added: “There’s all kinds of good people doing good things.

“I’m taking advantage of opportunities I get now in all kinds of ways to get something of the message out about the importance of the seas and how we should be connecting to the seas, to the natural environment, how we rely on it.

“I think it’s only when people know that they all begin to want to protect it so that it does get protected.

“We need to let people know what’s happening, in a not-wagging-the-finger type way, but we need to show them how so much depends on the sea.”

Mr Allan has also been revealed as an ambassador for Old Pulteney whisky, based in Wick, and its Rise With The Tide Campaign.

He said: “I like to get my messages out in all sorts of media and I see Old Pulteney promotion as being another route into spreading the word about how important it is to look after our seas.

“In terms of my own filming I’m trying to get involved with films about issues like climate change and trying to raise money for a film about climate change in the arctic because that is an area I am very familiar with.

“I also have another film in development about the conservation of whales from a climate change point of view but the fact the Japanese have started to commercially whale again.

“That message is important, there’s lots of different ways to carry it out there.”

© Press Association 2019

https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/xpose/article/entertainment-news/293847/Blue-Planet-cameraman-toasts-Scotlands-role-in-tackling-singleuse-plastics
Kommentatoren
10.09.2019 kl 13:11 2266

Her er mer. Blant annet får vi vite at dato for oppstart av systemet er satt til 1.april 2021.

10 SEPTEMBER 2019 by Will Date

Ministers outline Scottish DRS legislation

Scottish ministers have published draft legislation for the establishment of the Deposit Return Scheme (DRS) in the country, with an expected start date of 1 April 2021.

As previously reported, Scotland’s DRS plans centre on an ‘all-in’ model which will include all PET plastic drinks bottles, aluminium and steel cans and glass bottles – with a deposit level set at 20p

The draft legislation was published today, and stakeholders have been given until 10 December 2019 to comment on the proposals.

Support

The Scottish Government claims that there is broad support for its DRS plans, but concerns have been raised by the glass industry over the inclusion of the material in a deposit scheme, and how this could impact recycling rates for glass (see letsrecycle.com story).

It is believed that, while much of the material targeted through a DRS is captured through existing kerbside services, a DRS would help to boost capture rates and potentially improve the quality of material collected.

Primarily impacting retailers, businesses such as pubs and restaurants will be able to choose whether they apply the deposit, while online retailers will also be included in the scheme.

The legislation will allow non-retail spaces such as recycling centres, schools or other community hubs to act as return locations.

Bigger retailers with more space may install machines to both collect the bottles and cans and enable people to redeem deposits, while smaller retailers with less space have the option to return deposits over the counter, collecting the containers manually.

Target

Under the legislation, producers will be required to collect a target percentage of the packaging they place onto the market in a calendar year, by collecting their own scheme packaging from retailers and return points, and accepting the return of their scheme packaging from wholesalers. Producers will reimburse deposits for any packaging returned or collected.

Commenting on the plans Environment Secretary Roseanna Cunningham, said: “Our Deposit Return Scheme is the first national scheme of its type in the UK. It is ambitious in scale and scope, and gives the people of Scotland a clear and straightforward way to do their bit for the environment.

“Research has shown that the scheme is anticipated to reduce the £46 million spent each year on litter removal and is expected to reduce emissions equivalent to taking 85,000 cars off our roads, while also enjoying widespread public support across Scotland.

“There is a global climate emergency which demands we show ambition to tackle it and safeguard our planet for future generations. This process will enable us to fine tune our proposals to ensure that they work well for industry, retail and the public, and we will continue to work with the Implementation Advisory Group to that end. I am delighted to confirm that the regulations required to bring our Deposit Return Scheme into reality have now been laid.”

Value

Iain Gulland, chief executive, Zero Waste Scotland, added: “These regulations put Scotland on track to deliver a world class deposit return scheme. Placing a 20p deposit on drinks bottles and cans shows that these materials have a value to our economy, and a cost to our climate if they are wasted.

“That 20p incentive will boost recycling and cut Scotland’s CO2e emissions, playing a part in the fightback against the climate emergency. It’s little wonder that nearly four in five Scots support it. With drinks producers given the opportunity to group together to deliver the scheme, they can lead this exciting step towards a more circular economy.”

https://www.letsrecycle.com/news/latest-news/ministers-outline-scottish-drs-legislation/

Kommentatoren
10.09.2019 kl 12:31 2284

Her er hele herligheten TDN Finans viser til wwbwb. Altså dagens ferske melding fra den skotske regjeringen.

Har skrevet det før, men gjentar mer enn gjerne at skottenes ambisiøse pantesystem vil sette et fantastisk eksempel for resten av Storbritannia og nasjonene i EU når disse skal designe sine pantesystemer. På bakgrunn av den skotske regjeringens skyhøye ambisjonsnivå når det gjelder dette pantesystemet, ser jeg ingen andre aktuelle kandidater til hovedrollen enn Tomra Systems når systemet skal bygges og opereres.

Scottish Government

NEWS

Deposit Return Scheme

Published: 10 Sep 2019 10:04

Part of: Environment and climate change
Ambitious scheme takes shape.

Legislation to establish Scotland’s Deposit Return Scheme has been brought forward for public comment.

The new regulations will see the establishment of a scheme that will include aluminium and steel cans as well as drinks containers made of glass and PET plastic with a 20p deposit.

By increasing both the amount and quality of this material being recycled and reducing litter, the system will help to combat climate change as well as offering benefits to industry and the public.

Environment Secretary Roseanna Cunningham said:

“Our Deposit Return Scheme is the first national scheme of its type in the UK. It is ambitious in scale and scope, and gives the people of Scotland a clear and straightforward way to do their bit for the environment.

“There is a global climate emergency which demands we show ambition to tackle it and safeguard our planet for future generations. This process will enable us to fine tune our proposals to ensure that they work well for industry, retail and the public, and we will continue to work with the Implementation Advisory Group to that end. I am delighted to confirm that the regulations required to bring our Deposit Return Scheme into reality have now been laid.”

Iain Gulland, Chief Executive, Zero Waste Scotland:

“These regulations put Scotland on track to deliver a world class deposit return scheme. Placing a 20p deposit on drinks bottles and cans shows that these materials have a value to our economy, and a cost to our climate if they are wasted.

“That 20p incentive will boost recycling and cut Scotland’s CO2e emissions, playing a part in the fightback against the climate emergency. It's little wonder that nearly four in five Scots support it. With drinks producers given the opportunity to group together to deliver the scheme, they can lead this exciting step towards a more circular economy.”

Background

The regulations will operate under the super affirmative process and a copy of the Regulations has been published in accordance with the enabling powers in the Climate Change Act (Scotland) Act 2009. These will be available for comment by parliament and the general public until 10 December 2019.

The Scottish Government will continue to work with the Independent Advisory Group in developing our Deposit Return Scheme proposals, and will consider any representations made before bringing forward a final set of Regulations for the normal affirmative procedure, including a vote in the Scottish Parliament.

A recent survey by Zero Waste Scotland showed strong public support for the scheme, including the inclusion of glass.

https://www.gov.scot/news/deposit-return-scheme-1/
Slettet bruker
10.09.2019 kl 12:12 2310

SKOTTLAND:LOVFORSLAG OM PANTEORDNING SENDT PÅ HØRING
Oslo (TDN Direkt): Lovforslaget om Skottlands panteordning er nå ferdig og har blitt sendt til høring, ifølge en melding fra skotske myndigheter tirsdag.
Skotske myndigheter la i mai frem et forslag om nye reguleringer som vil gi pant på 20 pence for metallbokser, glassflasker samt drikkebeholdere av plast. (TDN Direkt-artikkel 08.05.2019)
PSP, finans@tdn.no
TDN Direkt, +47 21 95 60 70
Kommentatoren
05.09.2019 kl 19:13 2364

Folkelig entusiasme dokumenteres nåår det gjelder skottenes kommende pantesystem.

4 in 5 Scots back a 20p deposit return scheme

Circular Economy, Collection and Transport, Environment and Energy, Policy and Strategy, Scotland, Sustainability

2nd September 2019

Scotland’s deposit return scheme will make it easy for people to “do something good” for the environment, says Zero Waste Scotland.
A YouGov survey commissioned by Zero Waste Scotland shows that nearly four in five (77%) people in Scotland support the introduction of Scotland’s Deposit Return Scheme – and helping the environment is among their top motivations (72%).

The recycling scheme will see a 20p deposit placed on single-use drinks containers. People will get their cash back when they take the empty back to be recycled and that financial incentive is expected to see 90% of bottles and cans captured for recycling.

That boost to recycling will reduce Scotland’s CO2e emissions by an estimated 160,000 tonnes every year. That means that people will be playing a part in Scotland’s response to the climate emergency with every bottle or can they return.

The poll also reveals what will motivate people when using the scheme. The figures suggest that helping the environment will be at the forefront of people’s minds.

72% of people said that helping the environment would be a motivating factor for returning their empty drinks containers, while 70% said reducing litter in Scotland.

People will be able to return their empty bottles and cans to anywhere that sells drinks to take away – including newsagents, supermarkets and many cafes and takeaways. Having a wide network of return points will make sure the scheme is accessible and will make returning your empty bottle or can as simple as it was to buy the drink in the first place.

Iain Gulland, chief executive, Zero Waste Scotland, said: “Scotland’s Deposit Return Scheme will make it easy for people to do something good for the environment.

“People in Scotland are more environmentally aware than ever before but it can be hard to know how to respond to something as monumental as the climate emergency at an individual level. This scheme will give them an action they can do week in and week out to help cut Scotland’s carbon footprint.

“By taking back your empty bottle or can, you won’t just get your 20p back. You’ll also be reducing the amount of raw materials that are used to make bottles and cans.

“That means you’ll be playing a part in Scotland’s response to the climate emergency every single time you take your bottle or can back to be recycled.”

Roseanna Cunningham, Cabinet Secretary for Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform, said:“I am pleased, but not surprised, to see the strength of support for Scotland’s Deposit Return scheme, with its multiple environmental benefits a key factor.

“We all – governments, businesses, communities and individuals – have a role to play in ending Scotland’s contribution to climate change. As well as giving everyone renewed incentive to reduce litter and tackling our throwaway culture, our ambitious Deposit Return Scheme will give the people of Scotland a simple yet effective way to help reduce carbon emissions, by reducing the volume of raw materials being used and instead supporting a thriving, circular economy.”

https://www.circularonline.co.uk/news/four-in-five-scots-back-a-20p-deposit-return-scheme/

Skottenes kommende pantesystem er en helt sentral byggestein innen Skottlands omlegging til sirkulær økonomi.

SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT TO TABLE A CIRCULAR ECONOMY BILL

By Imogen Benson | 4 September 2019 |

Scotland’s 2019/20 Programme for Government was published yesterday (3 September) setting out plans to tackle climate change and drive progress towards net zero carbon emissions by 2045.

The programme outlined Scotland’s plans for a new Circular Economy Bill, which aims to change attitudes towards waste and tackle the country’s throw-away culture.

The programme places Scotland’s plans for its deposit return scheme (DRS), set to be introduced in 2021, at the heart of its efforts to reduce waste. The DRS aims to increase recycling rates through placing a 20 pence fee on top of the cost of drinks containers, which can then be recouped when the container is returned for recycling.

Although Scotland’s upcoming DRS has been met with a mixed response from the waste industry, with critics suggesting that the scheme will negatively impact kerbside collections, the Scottish Government claim that the DRS will reduce the £46 million spent each year on litter removal and will achieve carbon savings equivalent to taking 85,000 cars off the roads.

https://resource.co/article/scottish-government-table-circular-economy-bill
Kommentatoren
26.08.2019 kl 22:44 2449

HOME

The BIG Plastics Debate puts plastic alternatives under the microscope

13 AUGUST 2019

Experts from some of the world’s biggest brands, including Carlsberg, LUSH Cosmetics, and Just Eat, will come together at Packaging Innovations and Luxury Packaging London 2019 to debate the industry’s hottest topic – sustainability. With plastic no longer king of the packaging arena, the show’s headline feature will welcome an array of industry experts to discuss the alternatives to traditional plastic and take a critical view of their green credentials.

The debate will take place across both days of the event, which returns to Olympia on 11 & 12 September. Kicking off day one will be Jill Farrell, Chief Operating Officer at Zero Waste Scotland, who will discuss the Scottish Government’s Deposit Return Scheme (DRS). The DRS system has been implemented in the country to assist it in reaching its target of 70 percent recycling levels and 5 percent maximum waste to landfill by 2025. The talk will also explore how this method could be adopted by Westminster.

https://packagingeurope.com/the-big-plastics-debate-puts-plastic-alternatives-under-the-/

Scots say glass should be in 20p deposit return scheme

Circular Economy, Collection and Transport, Environment and Energy, Policy and Strategy, Resource Management, Scotland

22nd August 2019

The vast majority (85%) of people in Scotland say that glass should be included in Scotland’s 20p deposit return scheme (DRS), according to new figures released by Zero Waste Scotland today (22 August).
A YouGov survey commissioned by Zero Waste Scotland shows that 85% of people in Scotland say glass bottles should be in the scheme. In stark contrast, a mere 8% say it should not be included.

Under the recycling scheme, people will pay a 20p deposit when buying drinks in a plastic or glass bottle or a metal can. They will get their money back when they return them to be recycled*.

The polling is published by Zero Waste Scotland alongside new online content for stakeholders that helps to make clear the benefits of including glass in the scheme.

Leading schemes in Germany, Finland, Denmark and Estonia successfully incorporate glass.

Jill Farrell, Chief Operating Officer, Zero Waste Scotland, said: “The environmental evidence shows why Scotland is right to include glass in its deposit return scheme from day one.

“People in Scotland want glass to be included in Scotland’s Deposit Return Scheme as part of ambitious action to protect our environment. The carbon emissions savings make it clear that they are right.

“Every bottle recycled rather than sent to landfill means carbon savings. At a time of a climate emergency, this is an unmissable opportunity to cut tens of thousands of tonnes of carbon.”

Mark Hazell, Founder of Jaw Brew, said: “Glass bottles are a big part of our business – after all, it’s how most people buy our beer. We want to see as much of that glass recycled as possible and the 20p deposit on glass bottles will help make that happen.

“Jaw Brew has always put the environment at the core of what we do so anything that helps make our materials more sustainable is a definite plus for us. I lived in Germany for many years so saw how successful deposit return schemes can be and it’s great that Scotland is set to introduce its own scheme.”

https://www.circularonline.co.uk/news/scots-say-glass-should-be-in-20p-deposit-return-scheme/

Kommentatoren
02.07.2019 kl 15:26 2647

Home Industry News

TOMRA and Co-op launch deposit return scheme for festival-goers

by Grace Nolan
2 July 2019 09:52

TOMRA has teamed up with Co-op to launch a fully functional deposit return scheme (DRS) trial with RVMs at Co-op’s pop-up stores at seven major UK music festivals.

The link-up saw machines at Download and Isle of Wight festivals in June, and will see them at Latitude in July, and Creamfields, Belladrum, Reading and Leeds in August.

Festival-goers will pay a mandatory 10p deposit when they buy plastic bottles of up to two litres in size at Co-op pop-up stores. They can then use the machines located in a ‘recycling room’ within the pop-ups to return their empty bottles for recycling and get their deposit back in the form of a voucher to spend in the on-site stores.

Alternatively, they can choose to donate their 10p to Keep Britain Tidy and any unclaimed deposits will also be donated to the nominated charity.

Truls Haug, Managing Director of TOMRA Collection Solutions UK & Ireland, said: “Ahead of the formal introduction of a Deposit Return Scheme in Scotland and the rest of the UK, this represents a great opportunity for music fans to experience for themselves the ease and simplicity of reverse vending and deposit return.

“We are delighted to be supporting these great events and to have the chance to boost their sustainability credentials, while hopefully promoting good recycling habits for the future.

TOMRA has already operated a number of deposit return trials with retailers across the UK and is ready to assist businesses as they prepare themselves for the introduction of a DRS.

https://www.britishplastics.co.uk/News/tomra-and-co-op-launch-deposit-return-scheme-for-festival-go/
Kommentatoren
27.06.2019 kl 18:06 4980

NEWS 6 hrs ago

‘Radical action’ now required to raise Scotland’s recycling rates

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17733962.radical-action-now-required-to-raise-scotlands-recycling-rates/
Kommentatoren
13.06.2019 kl 22:16 5522

Jubel for det kommende pantesystemet i Skottland som vil kutte ned CO2-utslippene betydelig. Skottene er veldig ambisiøse på miljøsiden. Ledende.

20P SCHEME TO BOOST BOTTLE COLLECTIONS FOR RECYCLING & CUT GHG EMISSIONS The day before yesterday, 10:57

Deposit Return Scheme to Cut 160,000 tonnes from Scotland’s Carbon Footprint

Under Scotland’s deposit return scheme consumers will pay a 20p deposit when they buy a drink in a single-use container. They get that back when they return the empty bottle or can to be recycled.

By BEN MESSENGER

Under Scotland’s deposit return scheme consumers will pay a 20p deposit when they buy a drink in a single-use container. They get that back when they return the empty bottle or can to be recycled.

According to Zero Waste Scotland the GHG emission reductions will be equivalent to taking 85,000 cars off the road. Similar schemes in places such as Germany, Denmark and Lithuania have already delivered recycling rates of 90% or more through improved collection of waste materials.

By capturing 90% of most types of single-use bottles and cans for recycling, ZWS said that the scheme will reduce emissions by 4 million tonnes over the first 25 years of the scheme. That’s an average of around 160,000 tonnes of CO2eq each year, the equivalent of over 110,000 return flights from Edinburgh to New York.

Iain Gulland, Chief Executive, Zero Waste Scotland, said:

“Single-use items like bottles and cans are a real menace to our environment and Scotland’s deposit return scheme will be a great way of reducing that damage.

“Scotland’s scheme will collect a staggering 1.5 billion bottles and cans for recycling each year. That will cut the number of containers going to landfill and curb the need for new material, helping to take a dent out of the harmful emissions that are causing the climate emergency.

“From Blue Planet to school children on strike, people in Scotland have been inspired to take action to protect their environment and this will make doing that easier than ever. You'll be able to return your empties to wherever you bought them from, making cutting your carbon footprint as easy as doing your weekly shop.”

Roseanna Cunningham, Environment Secretary, said:

“There is a global climate emergency and people across Scotland have been calling, rightly, for more ambition in our efforts to safeguard our planet for future generations.

“For the price of 20p per item, our ambitious deposit return scheme will recycle 1.5 billion single use drink items each year, removing the equivalent of 85,000 cars from our roads. This will make a huge difference in our efforts to tackle waste, improve recycling rates, and remove litter from our streets.”

https://waste-management-world.com/a/deposit-return-scheme-to-cut-160-000-tonnes-from-scotlands-carbon-footprint
Kommentatoren
06.06.2019 kl 19:03 5630

Tomras Truls Haug var på plass under møte på tvers av partigrenser i det skotske parlamentet. Tema for møtet var pantesystemet og problematikken rundt dette for de mindre butikkene.

DRS ding dong at Scottish parliament

May 2019

CPG focuses on ScotGov’s controversial proposals

THERE was only one subject for discussion at the latest meeting of the Scottish Parliament’s Cross Party Group for Independent Convenience Stores – deposit return.

Retailers and stakeholders gathered late last month to discuss all things DRS, with a packed agenda covering a recent c-store trial, the impact of deposit return on recycling and a Q&A session.

Proceedings launched with an address from Scottish Government environment secretary Roseanna Cunningham.

Cunningham told attendees that she had taken industry concerns onboard – particularly around glass and exemptions for smaller stores – but showed no signs of walking back the current DRS proposals.

“I strongly believe the inclusion of the materials is in fact the right mix. I know there is an issue around glass. I am sympathetic that it does increase costs,” she said.

“[However] I had to consider that if it’s not included at the outset you’re not going to be able to reverse engineer it into the system.

“On exemptions, even a modest model of exemptions would make the scheme moot. You very quickly get to a position where you would be exempting so many places there would be no point in starting the scheme.”

Following Cunningham’s opening remarks, the CPG heard from Truls Haug of Tomra who discussed the reverse vending machine manufacturer’s recent trial with Scotmid. Haug said the trial had been a success, adding that while he recognised there are challenges for Scottish stores, he thought the proposal is “probably the best in the world.”

Retailers Abdul Majid of Nisa Bellshill, Linda Williams of Premier Broadway in Oxgangs and Asif Bashir of Keystore Moredun, Edinburgh, presented their views having recently completed a three month DRS trial with reverse vending machine (RVM) supplier Envipco.

While each retailer said the equipment itself was easy to use, all three noted that running the system would increase their workload – with a need for vigilance around spillages and slip risks near the RVM.

The closing portion of what had been a largely cool headed discussion saw temperatures rise slightly as retailers quized Scottish Government official Scott Wood on the DRS proposals.

Scottish Grocers Federation chief executive Pete Cheema said: “We are all going to end up losing money on this, every single one of us. If you allow for opportunity cost and electricity cost and the cost of machine and services and time given up by the retailer to do this, then a handling fee will need to be somewhere in the region of 15p and that’s never going to happen.

“It’s time we were listened to, we can’t keep getting pushed into a corner.”

Walker responded: “We need to work with you to mitigate the impacts where possible.

“The reality is the handling fee will be set by the scheme administrator and it’s important that the retail sector has a strong voice in this.”

https://www.scottishgrocer.co.uk/2019/05/30/drs-ding-dong-at-scottish-parliament/
Kommentatoren
28.05.2019 kl 18:58 5830

Her en artikkel fra 10.mai jeg trodde jeg hadde postet. Lenge siden, men den er så relevant og viktig at jeg poster likevel. Relevant på grunn av vedtaket til myndighetene om at også ALLE SMÅBUTIKKER/C-STORES (som det er ganske mange av i Storbritannia) BLIR EN DEL AV PANTESYSTEMET I SKOTTLAND. Godt å vite da at Tomra vil være klar på markedet i god tid, men en ny type ekstra kompakte pantemaskiner, rettet mot denne type butikker.

Tomra tests reverse vending machine designed for c-stores

By Alex Yau
10 May, 2019

Recycling specialist Tomra is trialling a reverse vending machine (RVM) specifically designed to help UK convenience stores with the deposit return scheme (DRS).

DRS is currently being trialled in Scotland as a means to help inform the upcoming Scottish DRS policy. Under the trial, customers pay a 20p premium on canned and bottled drinks. The 20p is refunded when they deposit the empty container in an RVM at a store.

Governments in England, Wales and Ireland are also examining the likelihood of introducing DRS.

Tomra is currently developing a smaller RVM for UK retailers, which measures 60cm deep, 96cm wide and 1.6m high.

The machine has one compartment that accepts glass and aluminium containers alongside plastic.

Mark Brill, Tomra UK & Ireland sales and marketing vice president, told RN: “We’re developing this for convenience stores because we know they have issues such as size constraints.

The RVM also has measures to prevent customers from reusing the same container for repeat refunds.

“The machine will crush the bottle and has several cameras to identify what is being placed into it,” Brill added.

https://www.betterretailing.com/tomra-tests-RVM-designed-for-c-stores

Her har dere et referat fra en rundebordskonferanse i regi den britiske drikkevareprodusenten Britvic. Åpner dere linken og leser artikkelen, treffer dere også på sjefen for Tomra Collection Solutions i Storbritannia og Irland, Truls Haug.

By Philip Chadwick 15 May 2019

Deposit return: the future? | DRS roundtable in association with Britvic

A deposit return scheme can mean different things to different players in the supply chain and that has consequences for its future implementation. Philip Chadwick reports from PN’s roundtable.

https://www.packagingnews.co.uk/features/deposit-return-future-drs-roundtable-association-britvic-15-05-2019

Britvic/about:

https://www.britvic.com/about-us/who-we-are
Kommentatoren
09.05.2019 kl 12:46 6099

By Waqas Qureshi 9 May 2019

Reverse vending machines supplier welcomes Scottish DRS

Norwegian reverse vending machines specialist TOMRA Collection Solutions is looking to capitalise on the Scottish Government’s decision to rollout a DRS

TOMRA hailed the policy decision as ‘ground-breaking’, and said the scheme could see a return of over 90% of drinks containers for recycling within two years of being introduced.

TOMRA has reverse vending machines in over 60 markets, collecting 40 billion used beverage containers each year, and has been operating a number of deposit return trials with retailers across the UK.

Truls Haug, managing director of TOMRA Collection Solutions UK & Ireland, said a DRS will ensure Scotland recycles and reuses beverage container material effectively, as well as motivating people to return their used bottles and cans, reducing the negative impact that beverage container waste has on the planet.

The Scottish Government’s deposit return system will include PET bottles, steel and aluminium cans, and glass for all types of drinks in these containers ranging from 50ml to 3l. The deposit on containers has been set at 20p and the system will operate on a ‘return to retailer’ basis.

“This type of scheme – with as few restrictions as possible, which is convenient and easy to use – will achieve the best return rates in our experience.

“For that reason we welcome the inclusion of glass in a DRS for Scotland. I can confirm that TOMRA will have a small footprint machine for convenience stores that can accept PET, can and glass ready for the Scottish rollout. This will have an even smaller footprint than those being trialled in Scotland today.

He added that the company supported the introduction of a similar scheme for the rest of the UK.

https://www.packagingnews.co.uk/news/waste-management/deposit-return-scheme/reverse-vending-machines-supplier-welcomes-scottish-drs-09-05-2019
Kommentatoren
09.05.2019 kl 09:24 6175

Foretrekker egentlig å snakke om selskapsdriften som er utrolig interessant og fascinerende å følge her, og la aksjekursen leve sitt eget liv. La det likevel være sagt at enhver kursdipp i Tomra-aksjen har vist seg å være en god kjøpsanledning i uminnelige tider. Har aldri vært sikrere enn nå på at slik vil det fortsette.
KanonBra5
09.05.2019 kl 09:04 6208

En annen ting folkens. Det er vel ytterst sjeldent man er så sikker på hvordan markedet vil se ut framover som man er for TOMRA sin del. Har vanskeligheter med å tro at resirkulering og miljø er en flopp og vil gå over :-)

Dette er noe man tenke på ;-)

Investor
KanonBra5
09.05.2019 kl 07:30 6299

Fremtiden er meget lys for TOMRA folkens!!!! Det er bare å hamstre med begge hender før resten av verden oppdager (og innser) dette ;-) Da er toget gått!!

Ha en strålende TOMRA dag!!

Investor
Kommentatoren
08.05.2019 kl 21:39 6455

Da tok det (som ventet) ikke lang tid før Michael Gove og myndighetene i Westminster ble satt under press med henblikk på å følge i skottenes fotspor og innføre det samme ambisiøse pantesystemet som skotske myndigheter i dag offentliggjorde at man skal innføre i Skottland, i hele Storbritannia, og slik blir det nok. Michael Gove har nemlig allerede sagt i klartekst at hele Storbritannia vil innføre nøyaktig det samme pantesystemet som Skottland. Enda mer oppsiktsvekkende er det jo at han også har sagt at han definitivt også ønsker at pantesystemet for hele Storbritannia innføres samtidig! Det siste betyr i så fall at pantesystemer i England, Wales og Nord-Irland vil være oppe og gå ett til to år tidligere enn til nå antatt. Her:

Gove said this afternoon: “We’re talking to the Scottish government because I want to operate in exactly the same way. I want to make sure we’re operating exactly the same system across the UK. We definitely want it at the same time as Scotland.”

https://forum.hegnar.no/thread/23086/view (se trådstart for sitatet og mer)

Innledning av artikkel fra The Independent (følg linken under for flere innspill og oppfordringer til britiske myndigheter om å innføre samme pantesystem som skottene)

News > UK > UK Politics

Scotland to pay people 20p for every returned bottle and can, as rest of UK urged to adopt recycling model

‘We will be urging environment secretary Michael Gove to build on Scotland’s ambition,’ say green campaigners

Adam Forrest @adamtomforrest
1 hour ago

A plan to create the UK’s first deposit return scheme for plastic bottles, cans and glass in a bid to boost recycling rates, has been backed by green groups.

The Scottish Government unveiled a proposal that includes a 20p return value for drinks containers – with all retailers in the country required to comply and accept returns.

Environmentalists hailed it as a blueprint and urged ministers at Westminster to adopt similar measures south of the border to help tackle plastic waste and other forms of packaging pollution.

Samantha Harding, of the Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE), said: “We wholeheartedly congratulate the Scottish Government … we will be urging environment secretary Michael Gove to build on Scotland’s ambition and go one better, by making sure every drinks carton is also included within England’s deposit system.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/recycling-scotland-money-return-plastic-bottle-can-a8905546.html
Kommentatoren
08.05.2019 kl 18:56 6560

Postet det samme sitatet i innlegg 17:57 KanonBra5, men en god ting kan absolutt ikke gjentas for ofte! :)

Fremragende av skotske myndigheter som med dette virkelig viser at man mener alvor på vegne av miljøet og opinionen og ikke har latt seg presse av lobbyvirksomhet fra noen mektige næringsaktører som ønsket å utvanne systemet av egenteresse. Ja, rett og slett fantastisk at de også tok med glass og satte panten så høyt som 20p så gratulerer med dagen til deg som "gudfaren" på Tomra-trådene. Da jeg begynte å poste om Tomra for rundt et og et halvt år siden, var det jo bare du som postet og visjonerte rundt Tomras fremtidsutsikter! Kursen den gang var vel ~ 115 NOK bob, bob.
Kommentatoren
08.05.2019 kl 18:40 6579

Det kan du ikke forvente. Iallefall ikke børsmelding. Tomra melder (heldigvis) ikke spekulativt på den måten. Anbudsrunder her ligger selvsagt noe frem i tid. Inngåtte avtaler i etterkant av disse er det som vil bli børsmeldt.

Norsk (finans-/næringsliv)presse bør imidlertid gripe tak i dette, men jeg tviler. Norsk presse er jo nærmest kjemisk fri fra oppslag om Tomra til tross for at selskapet er soleklar global markedsleder innen 4 megatrender (collection solutions [pant], sorting recycling, sorting food, sorting mining [mekanisk sortering av gruvemasse]). Vi får bare ta med oss det positive fra dette, for det er jo en miljøvennlig praksis fra pressens side. Man bruker jo ikke "unødvendige" ressurser som trykksverte og lagringsplass på servere på Tomra . ;)
KanonBra5
08.05.2019 kl 18:23 6594

Tomra sier velkommen til nyheten (se under) ;-) Dette blir bra!! Resten av UK kommer like etter. 10 tusenvis av maskiner må installeres!! Resten av Europa kommer også nå. Her er det bare å holde seg fast. Tror ikke den vanlige mann/kvinne (eller en analytiker for den sagt skyld) vet hvor stort dette blir for TOMRA!!!!

The move to include glass was also welcomed by Truls Haug, managing director of TOMRA Collection Solutions UK & Ireland. He said: “This type of scheme – with as few restrictions as possible, which is convenient and easy to use – will achieve the best return rates in our experience.

“For that reason we welcome the inclusion of glass in a DRS for Scotland. I can confirm that TOMRA will have a small footprint machine for convenience stores that can accept PET, can and glass ready for the Scottish rollout. This will have an even smaller footprint than those being trialled in Scotland today."

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/politics/scottish-deposit-return-scheme-criticised-for-including-glass-1-4923215/amp

Investor
Sydney
08.05.2019 kl 18:16 6607

Det burde vel nesten komme en melding fra tomra også. Det fører vel til en boost dette det neste året.. alle butikker skal ha dette?
Sydney
08.05.2019 kl 18:12 6609

Sendte denne i går?? tenkte at jeg kan jo påvirke litt:)

Dear sir.

I just read that UK declares climate crisis. In this issue solutions to big problems is needed.

What if you could raise the amount of plastic bottles from 30% to 90% within a couple of years? Would you do it? And what if the cost isnt that big and the people would be all behind you?

This is the facts, litauania went from 30% collected bottles to 75% in two years and are noe collectibg 95% of their bottles.

This is not even hard to deal with.

Reason is there is a Norwegian company specialized in collecting and sortibg bottles.
And thats the reason norway litauania germany doesnt have plastic bottle waste.

Visit www.tomra.com for more info.

I know tou have a poan of implementinga system like this, but its way to far ahead. 2022.

Think through this and hope you found my email interessting if you werent already aware of these facts:)

Cheers
Sydney
08.05.2019 kl 18:10 6613

Hva kan man forvente fra Uk ? HVA har man dratt inn i etablerigen fra tyskland for eks? Eller etablering fra litauen?

Sydney
08.05.2019 kl 18:04 6620

Hei. Til info. Så sendte jeg mail til mike gove i går, og dette kommer dagen etter. Så der har dere grunnen til at det ble fortgang i sakene. Jeg etterlyste nettop det??
Kommentatoren
08.05.2019 kl 17:57 6636

Det flommer nå over av artikler om skottenes nye pantesystem på nettet.

Her er første uttalelse jeg har kommet over fra Tomra som er klare, også med helt nye pantemaskiner, tilpasset behovene til de mindre butikkene som det er flere av i Storbritannia enn f.eks. her til lands.

The move to include glass was also welcomed by Truls Haug, managing director of TOMRA Collection Solutions UK & Ireland. He said: “This type of scheme – with as few restrictions as possible, which is convenient and easy to use – will achieve the best return rates in our experience.

“For that reason we welcome the inclusion of glass in a DRS for Scotland. I can confirm that TOMRA will have a small footprint machine for convenience stores that can accept PET, can and glass ready for the Scottish rollout. This will have an even smaller footprint than those being trialled in Scotland today."

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/green-groups-and-businesses-clash-over-new-bottle-deposit-return-scheme-1-4923215
Kommentatoren
08.05.2019 kl 17:27 6670

Det synes klart at myndighetene i Westminister med miljøvernminister Michael Gove i spissen nå er satt under press for følge opp og levere på linje med det meget ambisiøse pantesystemet skotske myndigheter har vedtatt å innføre. Se heller ikke bort fra at skottenes beslutning vil fremskynde prosessen i resten av Storbritannia som følge av press om dette fra opinionen. Nasjoner i EU og andre steder i verden vil helt sikkert også rette blikket mot det som skjer i Skottland nå. Veldig bra for miljøet. Veldig bra for Tomra.

Svært lesverdig artikkel, publisert av Daily Mail.

Scottish deposit return scheme hailed as `blueprint´ for rest of UK

By PRESS ASSOCIATION

PUBLISHED: 15:19 BST, 8 May 2019 | UPDATED: 15:19 BST, 8 May 2019

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-7006387/Scottish-deposit-return-scheme-hailed-blueprint-rest-UK.html

Kommentatoren
08.05.2019 kl 16:03 6748

Les mer i det jeg nettopp postet jens kristian. Vet ikke mer enn det.

Det vi imidlertid vet, er jo at Tomra har nær 80% (!!!) global markedsandel innen pantesystemer! Er sikker på at Tomra kommer til å innta den store hovedrollen i Storbritannia. ?
Kommentatoren
08.05.2019 kl 16:01 6753

Helt fantastisk dette og overgår mine forventninger som har vært veldig store. Særlig gjelder altså det pantesatsen på 20 pence. Glassflasker er også med!

Scotland reveals design of deposit return scheme

PrintBy Liz Wells in Industry News 8th May 2019

The Scottish government has today (8 May) outlined the design of its deposit return scheme for single-use drinks containers.

The scheme will include aluminium and steel cans, as well as drinks containers made of glass and Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plastic, with a 20p deposit as part of plans to combat climate change.

The Scottish Government intends to introduce legislation later this year for its implementation. Once the regulations are passed by the Scottish Parliament, there will then be an implementation period of at least 12 months before the scheme is established.

Environment secretary, Roseanna Cunningham, said: “Scotland was the first part of the UK to commit to a deposit return scheme as part of our wider efforts to prevent discarded drinks containers from ending up in our streets and seas, and is now the first to outline its design – one that is ambitious in scale and scope, and which gives the people of Scotland a clear and straightforward way to do their bit for the environment.

“There is a global climate emergency and people across Scotland have been calling, rightly, for more ambition to tackle it and safeguard our planet for future generations. I am therefore delighted to confirm that I intend to implement a system covering PET – the most common form of plastic packaging – aluminum and steel cans, and glass, with a deposit refund set at 20p.

“Supported by international evidence our plans for Scotland’s Deposit Return Scheme are gathering pace with widespread consensus demonstrating that a well-run, appropriately-targeted scheme could improve the environment, change attitudes to recycling and litter, and support a more circular economy.”

In response to the news, Samantha Harding, litter programme director at CPRE, said: “We wholeheartedly congratulate the Scottish government on making this landmark decision. By introducing a deposit return system for glass, plastic and metal drinks containers it has taken a significant step in tackling the problem of packaging pollution – one that has resulted in devastating consequences for our countryside and environment for far too long.

“On this side of the border, we will be urging environment secretary Michael Gove to build on Scotland’s ambition and go one better, by making sure every drinks carton is also included within England’s deposit system.

“Introducing a truly ‘all-in’ deposit system will not only boost recycle rates to close to 100%, but also make the producers of drinks packaging rightly liable for the cost of every piece of packaging they create. This will encourage them to use more recycled materials, which will reduce waste, slow down the depletion of natural resources and move us one step closer to the circular economy that our planet so desperately needs.”

https://www.talkingretail.com/news/industry-news/217896-08-05-2019/

jenskristian
08.05.2019 kl 15:54 6771

Veldig spennende! Har du noen tanker om når Tomra får vite noe om deres del av dette? Er noe annonsert fra selskapet omkring tidsskjemaet i etterkant av en avgjørelse fra Skottland?
Kommentatoren
08.05.2019 kl 15:46 6778

Return to retail betyr retur til utsalgssteder. Modell som i Norge og Tyskland.

Closed loop er en betegnelse for "evig resirkulasjon". Ingenting går til spille. Produseres nye produkter av samme slag av de samme ressursene/råvarene i "evig tid". F.eks. (plast)flasker.
Kommentatoren
08.05.2019 kl 15:45 6785

Er selvsagt helt massive nyheter for Tomra dette. Hele Storbritannia kommer til å gå for det samme. 65 millioner innbyggere! Markedet har ikke sett noe som er fjernt i nærheten av disse enorme dimensjonene siden Tyskland innførte sitt pantesystem i 2005! Selve rosinen i pølsa er den høye pantesatsen på 20 pence!!! Garanti for høyt opptak og braksuksess!!! ? ☺
Sydney
08.05.2019 kl 15:44 6796

Environment Secretary Roseanna Cunningham told MSPs at Holyrood that a "return to retail" model would be adopted.

Er dette hva Tomra kaller closed loop??
jenskristian
08.05.2019 kl 15:35 6806

Og aksjekursen følger med. Rett opp 2 kr. Blir spennende å følge med på hva dette ender opp med å bety for Tomra.
Kommentatoren
08.05.2019 kl 15:26 6822

BREAKING NEWS! ?

Da meldes det offisielt fra regjeringshold, opplyste BBC, for 5 minutter siden.. Pantesatsen settes til 20 pence. Fantastisk ambisiøst av skottene å sette den så høy som 20 p!!!..og more to follow...

Scotland's bottle deposit return scheme to be set at 20p

5 minutes ago

The Scottish government has outlined its plans for a deposit return scheme for used drinking containers, cans and glass.

Environment Secretary Roseanna Cunningham told MSPs at Holyrood that a "return to retail" model would be adopted.

She added that following an extensive consultation the deposit would be set at 20p.

The move is part of the government's climate action plan.

This is a breaking news story - more to follow.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-48189879