HLNG - Taper Hong Kong FSRU

Sonatrach
HLNG 09.02.2018 kl 08:13 3423

Fra TW i dag:

Hoegh LNG mister viktig FSRU avtale........

MOL snares FSRU job for CLP project in Hong Kong:

Japanese shipowner tipped to sign new long-term charter for its large-scale unit
MOL has won a closely fought contest to provide a floating storage and regasification unit for CLP Power’s project in Hong Kong.

TradeWinds understands the Japanese owner has been selected as the preferred party to supply an FSRU after offering in its Q-Max capacity unit that is currently deployed in Turkey under a three-year charter with state energy outfit Botas.

MOL MOL is expected to sign up to a 13-year time charter for its 263,000-cbm FSRU Challenger (built 2017) with an option on a further five years that would kick off from the end of 2020.

Existing FSRU supplier Hoegh LNG and incoming floating regas provider GasLog had been among the final contenders for this business.

MOL plans to build up 10-vessel FSRU fleet:

This month, CLP is set to approve MOL’s selection to provide the FSRU, along with the company that will supply the LNG to the project and the engineering, procurement and construction contractor.

Malaysia’s Petronas, Shell and Diamond Gas Operation, an arm of Japanese trader Mitsubishi, have been shortlisted as the LNG suppliers.
If confirmed, the charter deal would secure firm long-term business for MOL’s first FSRU newbuilding, which at one time before its delivery was being considered as a candidate for lay-up.

The vessel, the largest existing FSRU in the global fleet, was originally built for a long-planned project in Uruguay. But shareholder and project changes pushed out the timeline and it is no longer clear if and when it will move ahead.

Redigert 21.01.2021 kl 08:03 Du må logge inn for å svare
Hestknappen
09.02.2018 kl 09:33 3335

Dette er helt udramatisk. Flere kontrakter med lengre løpetid, vil bli tildelt neste 3 måneder. Ha is i magen!
addyfred
19.02.2018 kl 20:50 3058

Giant går på timecharter som LNGC! Ikke bra dette, Höegh sliter med å sysselsette sine FSRU i et sterkt konkurranseutsatt marked.

Har de mistet sin edge som "go-to-player" i FSRU-markedet? Det virker nesten slik.