Nyheter innen sol/semi

Slettet bruker
RECSI 11.11.2017 kl 11:07 181942

"Italia dropper kullkraft

Regjeringen i Italia vil slutte med kullkraft innen 2025 og i stedet satse hardere på fornybar energi.

Statsminister Paolo Gentiloni presenterte fredag en plan å investere 175 milliarder euro i infrastruktur, fornybar energi og energieffektivisering. Summen tilsvarer over 1.600 milliarder kroner.

Innen 2025 skal kull ikke lenger brukes til strømproduksjon i Italia. I dag utgjør kullkraft 15 prosent av strømproduksjonen, ifølge Det internasjonale energibyrået (IEA). Mesteparten av strømforbruket dekkes med gasskraft og ulike typer fornybare energikilder.

Regjeringen understreker imidlertid at også regionale og lokale myndigheter må bidra hvis målet om å fase ut kullkraften skal nås.

Italias nye energistrategi innebærer også konkrete mål om kutt i klimautslippene. De skal reduseres med 39 prosent innen 2030, og med 63 prosent innen 2050.

Gentiloni la fram energiplanen i Roma samtidig som klimaforhandlere fra hele verden er samlet til en ny runde med klimaforhandlinger i Bonn i Tyskland."

http://www.hegnar.no/Nyheter/Naeringsliv/2017/11/Italia-vil-dropp-kullkraft
Redigert 02.06.2021 kl 16:15 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
21.09.2021 kl 19:52 14493

Slettet bruker skrev Bare hyggelig!
takk graabein!
Loveshak
22.09.2021 kl 22:07 14055

Noen som vet noe om CubicPV? Tidligere 1366 Technologies. De er medlem av Ultra Low-Carbon Solar Alliance(1), Bill Gates er aksjonær og har planer om 2GW utbygging av wafer i India som skalere opp til 10GW.(2)(3) Prosessen deres hopper over ingot-fasen, så krever mindre energi. Dette må jo være et av selskapene RECSI er i forhandlinger med mtp åpningen. CEO sier 35:30, "US ... could export the silicon that's used in the factory(4) 13.August 2021.

1: https://ultralowcarbonsolar.org/about/
2: https://www.financialexpress.com/industry/cubicpv-plans-1-1-bn-investment-in-solar-wafer-cells-manufacturing-under-pli-scheme/2284438/
3: https://www.pv-tech.org/1366-technologies-to-invest-us300-million-in-solar-manufacturing-in-india-seeking-local-partner/
4: https://youtu.be/1pUVSr2tBZo?t=2129
Redigert 23.09.2021 kl 00:14 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
19.10.2021 kl 09:32 13431

SEMI Reports Global Silicon Wafer Shipments Projected to Log Robust Growth Through 2024

MILPITAS, Calif., Oct. 18, 2021 ─ Global silicon wafer shipments are projected to register robust growth through 2024, with wafer area increasing 13.9% year-over-year in 2021 to a record high of nearly 14,000 millions of square inches (MSI), SEMI reported today in its annual silicon shipment forecast for the semiconductor industry. The logic, foundry and memory sectors are contributing to the 2021 silicon shipment expansion.

“We are seeing a significant increase in silicon shipments driven by strong secular demand for semiconductors across multiple end markets,” said Inna Skvortsova, an Industry Research & Statistics market analyst at SEMI. “The growth momentum is expected to continue in the following years but could be tempered by the slowing pace of the macroeconomic recovery and timing of the wafer manufacturing capacity additions needed to meet growing demand.”

Prognosen for 2024 er drøyt 16.000 MSI (millions of square inches)

https://www.hpcwire.com/off-the-wire/semi-reports-global-silicon-wafer-shipments-projected-to-log-robust-growth-through-2024/
Slettet bruker
04.11.2021 kl 16:03 12982

Fra e-post fra SEMI i dag:

"Worldwide Silicon Wafer Shipments Reach Record High in Third Quarter of 2021, SEMI Reports

MILPITAS, Calif. ─ November 4, 2021 ─ Worldwide silicon wafer shipments increased 3.3% to 3,649 million square inches in the third quarter of 2021 compared to the previous quarter, a new industry record, the SEMI Silicon Manufacturers Group (SMG) reported in its quarterly analysis of the silicon wafer industry. Third-quarter 2021 silicon wafer shipments grew 16.4% from the 3,135 million square inches recorded during the same quarter last year.

“Silicon wafer shipments reached a new high in third quarter, with higher shipments in all diameters, which support the large variety of semiconductor devices needed for the modern economy,” said Neil Weaver, Chairman of SEMI SMG and Vice President of Product Development and Applications Engineering at Shin Etsu Handotai America. “Silicon wafer demand is expected to remain high, as many new fabs will ramp up in the next several years.”
Bob Macahan
17.11.2021 kl 19:52 12344

Norsun och Norwegian crystals planerar att expandera till 5GW i kapacitet inom 2-3 år. Det innebär totalt 10GW vilket i sin tur kräver 35’-40’ ton mono grade polysilicon.

Var ska de köpa detta? Wacker i Tyskland levererar till Meyer Burger, Norsun köper idag från Hemlock. Var köper Norwegian crystals sitt kisel?

Jag ver att Norsun har ögonen på USA och följer BBB väldigt nära.

Indien har redan börjat subventionera tillverkare

Någonstans i all denna aktivitet måste det finnas en möjlighet för REC.

Jag är rätt säker på att vi får positiva besked från bolaget oavsett vad som sker med BBB
Opportunist1
17.11.2021 kl 20:38 12217

Jeg er helt enig med deg. Du kan bare lage en liste over alt som er planlagt av solinstallasjoner de neste 5 årene, så vil du se at det trengs mere polysilicon produksjonskapasitet i verden. Kina har mer enn nok med å levere til seg selv hvis de skal bygge alt de har planlagt. Ikke har de særlig med strøm til mere heller. Så eksporten fra Kina til andre verdensdeler vil reduseres. Da må det bygges polysilicon produksjonskapasitet andre steder i verden hvor det er nok strøm. Det er ingen som bygger en fabrikk til 20 milliarder når de kan kjøpe et selskap med 2 fabrikker, hvorav den ene er bygget på kjent teknologi og ligger i et område med stort overskudd av billig strøm, for 20-30% av det en ny fabrikk koster. Og attpåtil begynne å produsere på halvparten av tiden det tar å bygge nytt.
REC har en lyst fremtid.
Redigert 17.11.2021 kl 20:39 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
26.01.2022 kl 06:41 11680

E-post fra semi.org:

PRESS RELEASE: SEMI Applauds House Introduction of America Competes Act of 2022 with Funding for CHIPS Act

SEMI Applauds House Introduction of America Competes Act of 2022 with Funding for CHIPS Act

MILPITAS, Calif. – January 25, 2022 – SEMI, the industry association serving the global electronics design and manufacturing supply chain, today applauded the introduction of the America Competes Act of 2022 in the United States House of Representatives. The bill includes funding for the Creating Helpful Incentives to Produce Semiconductors for America (CHIPS) Act, earmarked to strengthen U.S. semiconductor manufacturing and research.

“We are very pleased to see the House move forward to introduce the America Competes Act of 2022 including robust funding for the CHIPS Act programs,” said Ajit Manocha, SEMI president and CEO. “The bill also ensures equipment and materials suppliers can access the Section 9902 grant program, which will strengthen the semiconductor supply chain in the United States to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century. These programs will attract new manufacturing facilities – both chip fabs and upstream suppliers – and support technologies that countless industries in the U.S. and around the world depend on. The bill will also bolster workforce development programs, helping to equip workers with the skills needed in today’s semiconductor industry. We look forward to working with Congress and the Biden Administration to enact this funding into law.”

“Additionally, we urge quick action on the Advanced Manufacturing Investment Credit and restoration of the ability to immediately deduct research expenses which was removed at the start of this year,” Manocha said.
Bob Macahan
07.02.2022 kl 20:16 11131

Sista raden i denna artikel: ”South Korea’s Hanwha Q Cells may also make a comeback to the polysilicon business.”

https://taiyangnews.info/business/enough-polysilicon-for-1000-gw-pv-by-2030/
Prewia
07.02.2022 kl 20:29 11029

O vad var de för mysko nedgång i dag på efm, helt märklig
Slettet bruker
08.02.2022 kl 19:22 10490

PRESS RELEASE:
Worldwide Silicon Wafer Shipments and Revenue Set New Records in 2021, SEMI Reports

MILPITAS, Calif. — February 8, 2022 — Worldwide silicon wafer area shipments in 2021 increased 14% while wafer revenue rose 13% compared to 2020, topping $12 billion, to reach new all-time highs, the SEMI Silicon Manufacturers Group (SMG) reported in its year-end analysis of the silicon wafer industry.

Silicon shipments totaled 14,165 million square inches (MSI) compared to 12,407 MSI shipped in 2020 to meet surging broad-based demand for semiconductor devices and a wide variety of applications. 300mm, 200mm and 150mm wafer sizes all saw strong demand. Wafer revenue reached $12,617 million, surpassing the previous record of $12,129 million set in 2007.

“The robust year-over-year growth in silicon wafer area shipments and revenue reflects the heavy dependence of the modern economy on silicon wafers,” said Neil Weaver, outgoing chairman SEMI SMG 2018-2021 and vice president, Product Development and Applications Engineering at Shin Etsu Handotai America. “Wafers are the engine of digital transformation and new technologies that are reshaping how we live and work.”

Kilde: e-post fra SEMI.org
Slettet bruker
08.02.2022 kl 19:36 10400

SEMI Applauds the Release of the European Chips Act

BRUSSELS, Belgium ─ February 08, 2022 – SEMI, the global industry association representing the electronics manufacturing and design supply chain, today applauded the publication of the European Chips Act. Launched to reinvigorate semiconductor manufacturing and innovation, the act calls to quadruple Europe’s production capacity by 2030 and lays out measures to avoid future supply chain disruptions.

Under the act, the European Commission is called to step up investments in Europe’s capabilities to innovate in the design, production and packaging of advanced chips. Additionally, the act aims to strengthen the European Union’s R&D leadership and to address the skills shortages in the region.

“SEMI supports the European Chips Act and similar legislation and incentives designed to strengthen the resilience of the global semiconductor industry and create a more robust supply chain,” said Ajit Manocha, SEMI president and CEO. “The current chip shortage has extended lead times for semiconductor manufacturing equipment and materials, thus delaying efforts to expand semiconductor production capacity. To maximize the effectiveness of incentives aimed at expanding capacity and addressing extended supply chain issues, they should include investments in both new and existing semiconductor manufacturing equipment and materials facilities.”

“The European Chips Act is about bolstering Europe’s strengths,” said Luc Van den hove, chairman of the Semi Europe Advisory Board and president and CEO at imec. “By building on Europe’s unique assets, such as its leading equipment and material suppliers and its top-notch R&D, and by strengthening its manufacturing capabilities, both for mature as well as advanced technologies, Europe will reinforce its position in the global semiconductor ecosystem. This will secure Europe’s access to cutting-edge chip supplies that are indispensable for Europe's dominant industrial markets, as well as for its flourishing deep-tech start-up scene. Advanced chip technologies will pave the way to the next generation of innovative applications in autonomous cars, AR/VR, 6G-communication networks, smart robots, health diagnostics and personalized therapies. We are excited about this bold initiative to boost the European industry and are looking forward to contribute to it”.

“SEMI and the regional electronics ecosystem see the European Chip Act as a major step forward to advance the resilience and growth of the semiconductor industry in Europe,” said Laith Altimime, president of SEMI Europe. “With the shortage of critical components impacting the growth of numerous industries globally, we applaud the introduction of this timely initiative. We look forward to work with the European Commission and SEMI members to support this proposal and strengthen the European semiconductor ecosystem.”

The European Chips Act is a key step forward to reinforce Europe’s capacities in semiconductors as a precondition for its future competitiveness, as well as a matter of technological security. The act is designed to build on the strengths of Europe’s semiconductor ecosystem and to address its weaknesses, supporting the European Union’s aims to develop a thriving, resilient supply chain and set measures to prepare for, anticipate and respond to future disruptions.

The European Chips Act is centred around five strategic objectives for the region:

Strengthen its research and technology leadership
Build and reinforce its own capacity to innovate in the design, manufacturing, and packaging of advanced chips, and turn them into manufactured products

Put in place an adequate framework to substantially increase its production capacity by 2030

Address the acute skills shortage, attract new talent, and support the emergence of a skilled workforce

Develop an in-depth understanding of global semiconductor supply chains

The unveiling of the European Chips Act is in line with similar initiatives to support semiconductor industry growth around the world.

For example, in the United States, current legislation under consideration calls for US$52 billion in funding to increase domestic semiconductor production. Similarly, South Korea’s National Assembly approved rules and tax incentives to support and safeguard the local semiconductor industry, while China established 15 local semiconductor funds in a bid to supply 70% of its own chips needs by 2025.
Redigert 08.02.2022 kl 19:37 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
22.03.2022 kl 18:32 9730

e-post 22.03. 2022

Global Fab Equipment Spending Expected to Hit New High of $107 Billion in 2022, SEMI Reports

Industry drive to expand and upgrade capacity to push spending over $100 billion for first time

MILPITAS, Calif. — March 22, 2022 — Global fab equipment spending for front-end facilities is expected to jump 18% year-over-year (YOY) to an all-time high of US$107 billion in 2022, marking a third consecutive year of growth following a 42% surge in 2021, SEMI announced today in its latest quarterly World Fab Forecast report.

“Crossing the $100 billion mark in spending on global fab equipment for the first time is a historic milestone for the semiconductor industry,” said Ajit Manocha, president and CEO of SEMI. “This significant achievement is a tribute to the relentless drive to add and upgrade capacity to address a diverse range of markets and emerging applications, solidifying expectations for long-term industry growth to enable electronics for the digital world.”
“Global fab equipment spending is forecast to have another healthy year in 2023 and is expected to remain above the $100 billion mark,” said Sanjay Malhotra, vice president of Corporate Marketing and the Market Intelligence Team at SEMI. “We expect global semiconductor capacity to maintain steady growth this year and in 2023.”
Bob Macahan
09.05.2022 kl 14:35 9203

I denna outlook som jag har tagit del av står det att FBR kommer utgöra 20% av den globala polysiliconproduktionen inom 10år. Det innebär en enorm expansion för tekniken då den idag står för 5%

https://www.vdma.org/international-technology-roadmap-photovoltaic

Slettet bruker
09.05.2022 kl 15:05 9093

Da er det bare å bygge 3 ML til, så er det i boks :)

Som Bjørn Kjos sa i når han ble spurt av Skavlan, eller hvem det var (var i et talkshow), når Norwegian var på full fart oppover, om hvordan de hadde tenkt å klare å nå sitt hårete mål om 100% økt omstetning: "Ingen problem, det er bare å fly dobbelt så mye!"
W Heisenberg
09.05.2022 kl 18:45 8872

En dag aksjonærer og markedet kommer til å vite hvorfor Hanwha ville ha Tysker med i styret. Og håper at det ikke er lenge til.

Messe München between May 11 - 13, 2022

Featuring next-generation, high-efficiency modules, intelligent storage solutions, and an enticing package of cost-saving electricity tariffs for the end customer, Qcells – resplendent in its new brand and emboldened by its new vision – anticipates an era-defining exhibition in Munich.

05/09/22, 05:27 AM | Solar & Wind, Energy Storage & Grids | Q CELLS
An electric return to business is expected at the Messe München between May 11 - 13, 2022, as the European solar industry reconvenes en masse for the Smarter E Europe exhibition - home to the renowned Intersolar Europe show; a bustling place where Qcells will resume its position as the most prominent player on the trade floor.

https://www.altenergymag.com/news/2022/05/09/qcells-plugs-in-completely-clean-energy-for-intersolar-europe-2022/37229/
Origo
09.05.2022 kl 23:47 8308

Og Rec Silicon er også nevnt i reportasjen:

"The move also delivers the utmost peace of mind to its global customers that Qcells modules are produced ethically, transparently, and to high standards. Furthermore, it means that all solar grade polysilicon produced by REC Silicon for Qcells modules is made using hydropower-based clean energy."
Slettet bruker
09.05.2022 kl 23:49 8298

Når jeg leser det der, Qcells confirmed? 😂
manman01
10.05.2022 kl 00:02 8254

Ser at samme artikel også ligger på tyskernes PV-Magazine(:

Qcells setzt auf der Intersolar Europe 2022 auf komplett saubere Energie
https://www.pv-magazine.de/unternehmensmeldungen/qcells-setzt-auf-der-intersolar-europe-2022-auf-komplett-saubere-energie/
MAY 9, 2022
Stabukk
10.05.2022 kl 05:03 8018

Og meir omtale i tyske media kan gi samme interesse for aksjekjøp i Rec som Nel opplevde...?
(Dei fleste er vel klare over at tyskarar er største eigar i Nel gjennom Clearstream Banking)
Svenn_13
12.05.2022 kl 15:28 7429

Hanwha Q Cells plans to build a 1.4 GW solar panel factory at an undisclosed location in the United States. It has also announced plans to expand its cell capacity to 5.4 GW in South Korea. CEO Justin Lee spoke to reporters at the Smarter E event about the company’s plans and current supply chain issues.
May 12, 2022

https://www.pv-magazine.com/2022/05/12/hanwha-q-cells-plans-another-big-solar-module-factory-in-the-us-expands-cell-capacity-in-korea/
Svenn_13
15.05.2022 kl 08:31 7077

U.S. deal to shake up solar industry

Hanwha has one of the biggest U.S. manufacturing footprints, particularly for distributed solar, said NREL. In 2021, Hanwha had an estimated 21 percent of the commercial market and 24 percent of the residential market in the U.S. and just 5 percent of the utility-scale market.

Yet virtually no manufacturing takes place in the U.S. of cells or their precursor, wafers. And wafer production outside of China — a crucial step in the panel production process — remains rare.

“There haven’t been yet significant announcements about diversifying [sourcing] for wafers,” said David Feldman, a senior financial analyst at NREL and an author of the solar analysis. “There’s still this question of the wafer. Where does the wafer come from?”

https://www.eenews.net/articles/ga-deal-to-shake-up-solar-industry/
Stabukk
15.05.2022 kl 15:11 6591

"Where does the wafer come from?" er eit godt spörsmål. Hanwha/Q-Cells vil i alle fall at både wafer og ingot SKAL komma frå USA.
Korea-selskapet har nok planar om å tetta dette holet i kjeden. Dei ventar truleg berre på SEMA eller tilsvarande, som er på trappene.
Slettet bruker
02.06.2022 kl 07:50 6030

GLOBAL SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT BILLINGS GROW 5% YEAR-OVER-YEAR IN Q1 2022, SEMI REPORTS

MILPITAS, Calif. – June 1, 2022 – Global semiconductor equipment billings grew 5% year-over-year to US$24.7 billion in the first quarter of 2022, SEMI announced today in its Worldwide Semiconductor Equipment Market Statistics (WWSEMS) Report. Quarter-over-quarter billings in the seasonally soft first quarter declined 10%.

SEMI logo“Year-over-year first quarter equipment revenue growth is in sync with positive forecasts for 2022 as the semiconductor industry continues its robust increase of fab capacity,” said Ajit Manocha, SEMI president and CEO. “North America and Europe logged healthy quarter-over-quarter rises in equipment spending as they intensify efforts to bolster domestic chipmaking.”

Compiled from data submitted by members of SEMI and the Semiconductor Equipment Association of Japan (SEAJ), the Worldwide SEMS Report is a summary of the monthly billings figures for the global semiconductor equipment industry.

https://www.semi.org/en/news-media-press-releases/semi-press-releases/global-semiconductor-equipment-billings-grow-5%25-year-over-year-in-Q1-2022-SEMI-Reports

Takeaways: Europa steg med 119% mens Nord-Amerika steg med 96%!
curvike
02.06.2022 kl 22:19 5544

“We’re currently doing all the production out of our Palo Alto production facility,” according to Vincent Pluvinage, CEO at OneD. “However, that’s not the ideal place to do that because it’s not an industrial setting and we are very constrained. That’s why we decided to build our first pilot plant in Moses Lake.”

https://www.powerelectronicsnews.com/new-battery-technologies-meet-demand-for-electrification-and-sustainability/
Slettet bruker
04.06.2022 kl 11:39 5038

Skal de nå målene sine, så er SEMA kun et lite skritt på veien. Det begynner å haste for dem.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/sustainability/climate-change/3511049-us-has-eight-years-to-cut-its-emissions-by-half-scientists-say-theres-a-way/
Slettet bruker
07.06.2022 kl 08:43 4390

Polysilicon expands outside China, prices to rise throughout 2022

By Andries Wantenaar
REC Silicon has committed to resume production at its Moses Lake polysilicon factory in the US state of Washington, with first production to be seen in Q4 2023, and full commissioning in 2024. This represents the revival of the company’s polysilicon capacity – it has 2,000 tons in Butte, Montana, with the Moses Lake facility having the bulk of 18,000 tons, enough to manufacture 6 GW of solar modules annually if run at an unrealistic 100% utilisation rate.

South Korean company Hanwha Solutions is the backer enabling REC Silicon’s restoration, having invested $200 million in the company. Hanwha’s solar panel division Q Cells announced a 1.4 GW, $170 million expansion to its 1.7 GW factory in the US state of Georgia last month, alongside $150 million for a 900 MW expansion to an existing 4.5 GW in South Korea. All told the company is to reach 10.9 GW cell and 13.8 GW module capacity. The company promised a “domestic US solar supply chain” in March with billions of investments involved – if there’s long-term incentives to help fund further facilities.

—————

Nå med Bidens seneste beslutt med langtids satsing på solar og wafer i usa så er alle kriterier på plass at de kan oppskalere ….

https://rethinkresearch.biz/articles/polysilicon-expands-outside-china-prices-to-rise-throughout-2022/
Redigert 07.06.2022 kl 08:46 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
07.06.2022 kl 08:51 4298

Solid nedgang på fredag, skal den snu i dag eller vil vi se 17 tallet....?
Slettet bruker
07.06.2022 kl 08:52 4275

Gudene vet .. rec forbauser bestandig
Slettet bruker
12.07.2022 kl 18:07 3535

Global Total Semiconductor Equipment Sales On Track to Record $118 Billion in 2022, SEMI Reports

SAN FRANCISCO, July 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Global sales of total semiconductor manufacturing equipment by original equipment manufacturers are forecast to reach a record $117.5 billion in 2022, rising 14.7% from the previous industry high of $102.5 billion in 2021, and increase to $120.8 billion in 2023, SEMI announced today in releasing its Mid-Year Total Semiconductor Equipment Forecast – OEM Perspective at SEMICON West 2022 Hybrid.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-total-semiconductor-equipment-sales-on-track-to-record-118-billion-in-2022-semi-reports-301583369.html
Hankmoody
16.07.2022 kl 01:20 3067

Artikkel om resirkulering av solcellepaneler i California, US og globalt.

"Although 80% of a typical photovoltaic panel is made of recyclable materials,
disassembling a panel and recovering the glass, silver and silicon is extremely difficult."

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2022-07-14/california-rooftop-solar-pv-panels-recycling-danger

Svenn_13
16.07.2022 kl 09:40 2875

Ser ikke at dette er lagt ut tidligere så tar sjansen. Tenkte det er relevant siden det diskuteres en del rundt forventet kontrakt med Hanwha.

Solar Wafer Maker Shuangliang Locks In USD8.7 Billion of Raw Materials, Sending Stock Soaring

Shares of Shuangliang Eco-Energy Systems surged after the solar wafer maker placed an order for polysilicon raw materials with Xinte Energy worth about CNY58.5 billion (USD8.7 billion), ensuring supplies to its plant in China’s Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region which will reach full capacity by year-end.

Shuangliang [SHA: 600481] finished 5.2 percent higher today at CNY17.94 (USD2.67), bringing the stock’s gain so far this year to 78 percent.

Shuangliang’s subsidiary in Baotou will buy 219,000 tons of polysilicon from units of Xinte, according to statements from the two firms and Xinte’s parent company TBEA. The deal, which will cover next year to 2030, may be worth about CNY58.5 billion, the Jiangyin-based buyer added. Prices will be negotiated on a monthly basis.

Silicon materials averaged CNY289,600 (USD43,065) a ton on July 6, according to the silicon industry division of the China Nonferrous Metals Industry Association.

Shuangliang broke ground on a CNY14 billion large-size monocrystalline silicon wafer plant in Inner Mongolia in February last year. The first phase of the project, with a designated annual capacity of 20 gigawatts, began production at the end of September. The plant will reach its full capacity of 40 GW by the end of this year, Shuangliang said yesterday.

Shares of Xinte [HKG: 1799], a polysilicon materials supplier, came off 0.2 percent to HKD24.45 (USD3.11), while TBEA [SHA: 600089] edged 0.3 percent lower to CNY27.36.

Last April, Xinte won a long-term polycrystalline silicon order from photovoltaic wafer and module giant JA Solar for a total of 181,000 tons. Based on silicon market prices at that time, that contract was worth about CNY24.8 billion.

The sharp rise in photovoltaic product prices has motivated Xinte to expand its output capacity. The first phase of its new 200,000-ton polysilicon plant in Inner Mongolia is expected to go into operation in this half of the year. Xinte also revealed a plan in March for a secondary share listing in Shanghai, with the proceeds going to build another 200,000-ton polysilicon materials plant.

https://www.yicaiglobal.com/news/china-shuangliang-gains-after-securing-solar-wafer-raw-materials-for-inner-mongolia-plant
Slettet bruker
20.07.2022 kl 09:53 2416

SEMI APPLAUDS SENATE PROGRESS ON CHIPS ACT OF 2022, URGES TIMELY CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL

MILPITAS, Calif. – July 19, 2022 – SEMI, the industry association serving the global electronics design and manufacturing supply chain, today applauded progress in the United States Senate on a robust package of federal incentives for the semiconductor supply chain and urged its timely passage in Congress. The bill includes $52 billion in funding for new semiconductor programs, including $39 billion for a grant program available to semiconductor manufacturers as well as equipment and materials suppliers. Additionally, a 25% tax credit is included for facilities that produce semiconductors or semiconductor manufacturing equipment.

Logo“To strengthen the semiconductor supply chain in the United States and keep pace with other regions offering incentives, it is crucial for Congress to pass CHIPS funding and the investment tax credit,” said Ajit Manocha, SEMI president and CEO. “With semiconductor manufacturing facilities heavily reliant on a complex supply chain of equipment and materials providers, it is particularly important that these vital fab suppliers are eligible for incentives to ensure the resiliency, competitiveness and growth of the complete U.S. semiconductor ecosystem. SEMI also supports the addition of an advanced semiconductor research tax credit, extending the investment tax credit to materials suppliers, and other proposed reforms.”

https://www.semi.org/en/news-media-press-releases/semi-press-releases/semi-applauds-senate-progress-on-chips-act-of-2022-urges-timely-congressional-approval
Slettet bruker
20.07.2022 kl 10:21 2348

More Electricity from Wind & Solar than Nuclear for 1st Time in USA

During the first four months of 2022, electrical generation by renewable energy sources accounted for over 25% of the nation’s electricity. In April alone, renewables accounted for 29.3% — an all-time high.

https://cleantechnica.com/2022/07/14/more-electricity-from-wind-solar-than-nuclear-for-1st-time-in-usa/
Slettet bruker
28.07.2022 kl 16:28 1771

Worldwide Silicon Wafer Shipments Set New Record in Q2 2022, SEMI Reports

MILPITAS, Calif., July 28, 2022 /CNW/ -- Worldwide silicon wafer area shipments in the second quarter of 2022 surpassed the previous record high set in the first quarter of the year, edging up 1% quarter-over-quarter to 3,704 million square inches, according to the SEMI Silicon Manufacturers Group (SMG) in its quarterly report of the silicon wafer industry. Second-quarter silicon wafer shipments saw 5% growth from the 3,534 million square inches reported during the same quarter last year.

"Silicon shipments and demand remain robust driven by a strong semiconductor market," said Anna-Riikka Vuorikari-Antikainen, Chairman of SEMI SMG and Chief Commercial Officer at Okmetic. "Inflation, as in the case of other wafer fabrication materials, continues to place upward pricing pressures on silicon. Wafer supply, in the face of continuing semiconductor fab expansions, remains constrained."

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/worldwide-silicon-wafer-shipments-set-new-record-in-q2-2022-semi-reports-835133699.html