Tomra - "Vi får solgt ekstremt mye sorteringsutstyr"

Kommentatoren
TOM 03.07.2019 kl 12:26 2613

GJENVINNING AV AVFALL

Strengere regler gir sjanser: Utlandet vil ha norsk avfallsteknologi

Strengere EU-regler og mottaksstopp i Kina gjør at Europa må gjenvinne mer av avfallet sitt selv. Det gir forretningsmuligheter for Norge.

ELLEN SYNNØVE VISETH INDUSTRI 2. JULI 2019 - 05:15

– Markedet er ekstremt bra. Vi får solgt ekstremt mye sorteringsutstyr, hele bransjen har gode tider, sier Tom Eng, direktør i Tomra Recycling.

Bakteppet er at EU har skjerpet reglene for hvor mye avfall som skal gjenvinnes. Brudd på kravene kan utløse bøter for medlemslandene.

I tillegg har både Kina og andre asiatiske land satt ned foten for å ta imot avfall fra vesten. Før denne innstrammingen tok Kina imot halvparten av verdens plastavfall. Nå må vestlige land begynne å behandle sortere og gjenvinne avfallet sitt selv.

– De som bygger sorteringslinjer har ordrebøkene fulle. De utvider og utvider, ikke bare i Europa, men også i USA og Asia, sier Eng.

Norske bedrifter er markedsledende

Disse selskapene er oftest tyske, men også spanske og franske. Og de kjøper sorteringsteknologi fra Norge. Tomra bruker infrarød stråling, røntgen, lasere, elektromagneter og fargesensorer til å sortere plast, papir og metall.

– Vi er størst på dette i verden, og har over 50 prosent markedsandel innen sensor-basert sorteringsutstyr, et marked på 200-300 millioner euro, sier Eng.

Pant og plast i medvind

Tomra Recycling er til stede i over 40 land, og lager blant annet panteautomater. Både Skottland og England skal innføre pantesystem snart, og mandag denne uka utvidet Danmark sitt system til også å gjelde 400 typer juice, saft og smoothie. Det betyr 50 millioner nye flasker og bokser til gjenvinning.

– Pant har medvind nå fordi flere land har forbudt éngangsplast, og EU anbefaler at land skal ha panteordninger, forklarer Eng.

Oppmerksomheten rundt plast i havet har økt voldsomt de siste par årene. I Norge har det gitt medvind til selskaper som Quantafuel, som jobber med å omdanne plast til diesel. De bygger nå sin første fabrikk i Danmark, og har solgt minifabrikker til Mexico og England.

Også Kjell Inge Røkkes Plastic Revolution Foundation ønsker å lage diesel av plast. Selskapet skal ledes av tidligere miljøvernminister Erik Solheim, og skal starte sitt arbeid i Ghana.

https://www.tu.no/artikler/strengere-regler-gir-sjanser-utlandet-vil-ha-norsk-avfallsteknologi/468623?key=jBmApFRD
Redigert 03.07.2019 kl 12:34 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
03.07.2019 kl 22:53 2492

Fokus i artikkel fra TU i trådstart er at Tomra selger ekstremt mye sorteringsutstyr om dagen, ifølge Tom Eng, direktør i Tomra Recycling, men som man kan lese, påpekerEng samtidig at EU anbefaler at alle land skal innføre panteordninger. Hvis man ikke følger med i den rivende utviklingen i retning overgang til sirkulær økonomi, er det nok lett å tro at det hele kun dreier seg om bekjempe forurensning. Faktum er imidlertid at EUs plastdirektiv med spesifikke, tidsbestemte krav til prosentvis innhold av resirkulert plast i emballasje og prosentvis mengde plastflasker som må samles inn, har forandret det forretningsmessige landskapet totalt, nærmest "over natta". Brukt emballasje/plastavfall er med ett blitt en verdifull ressurs med (høy) kommersiell verdi. Dette illustreres glimrende av det jeg gjengir nedenfor. Drikkevareprodusenter som inntil for kort tid siden kjempet med nebb og klør mot alt som het pantesystemer, har nå snudd helt om og blitt pådrivere for innføring av pantesystemer.i alle EUs medlemsnasjoner! Har skrevet det før og gjentar det gjerne: Pantesystemer kommer overalt. Resten av verden følger nemlig utviklingen i EU og Storbritannia på dette området med argusøyne. Fantastisk for Tomra som har en global markedsandel innen pantesystemer på ca. 80%.

PUBLISHED 12:27 JULY 3, 2019UPDATED 13:10 JULY 3, 2019

Water bottling industry pushes for more deposit refund recycling

By Erin Lyons
Journalist, New Europe

The European bottled water industry has thrown its weight behind the deposit refund system, a plastic recycling scheme that pays a small cash sum to consumers who return plastic bottles, in order to meet the new collection and recycling targets.

In a press statement released on 2 June, the European Federation of Bottled Water stated that the deposit refund system, commonly shortened to DRS, and separate collection are needed “to meet the above targets while ensuring quantity and quality”.

The UK implemented a DRS system in March of last year, and Germany started their own analogue programme in 2003. Advocates claim the DRS systems assist in increasing the recycling rates of cans and bottles by a significant amount, pointing to recycling and waste data in Germany to support this claim.

In 2015, the German government held a 79% recycling rate, far higher than most EU countries, according to Eurostat data. Since the UK’s programme is still relatively new, there’s little data available to demonstrate how the DRS has changed the UK’s recycling habits.

Despite the support and success of Germany’s DRS system, the idea hasn’t picked up enough steam for widespread use in more EU countries.

The water bottling industry believes separate collection and DRS are “essential” and advocates for an introduction of DRS systems across the EU.

According to the June press statement, the industry organization said “Deposit Refund System has the benefit of yielding very high return rates in a separate “clean” stream for PET beverage bottles.” PET is a form of polyester used in manufacturing plastic water bottles.

The support for DRS comes immediately in the wake of the Single Use Plastic Directive, approved by the European Parliament in May. The directive set a 90% separate collection standard for plastic bottles by 2029 and a target to use 25% of recycled plastic in PET bottles by 2025.

Plastic remains a major challenge in the fight against climate change, but water bottling companies are not going to resort to using other materials to manufacture water bottles. With irregular access to public tap water to refill bottles across the EU, the problem of plastic bottles will not go away easily.

Euromonitor reports that humans produce almost 20,000 plastic water bottles a minute. In Germany alone, over 700,000 plastic water bottles are discarded every day. DRS and other separate collection schemes are not the only solutions for reducing the impact of plastic waste across the EU, but the wider implementation of DRS, as advocated by the EFBW, could still make a significant impact.

https://www.neweurope.eu/article/water-bottling-industry-pushes-for-more-deposit-refund-recycling/

Tomra har nå også publisert en E-bok med henblikk på "best practice" når det gjelder resirkulering av plast.

Tomra Sorting Recycling e-book identifies how the plastics value chain can reduce waste

Company says plastic recycling offers environmental and economic benefits.

July 3, 2019
by DeAnne Toto

Tomra Sorting Recycling, the Germany-based manufacturer of sensor-based sorting systems, has published a new e-book, “The Plastics Value Chain,” sharing ideas for reducing plastic waste throughout the plastics value chain. The free-to-download publication addresses how wider adoption of a circular economy is not only vital for our environment but also can bring new business opportunities.

The company says its latest e-book acknowledges that plastic has become essential in our lives because of its many advantages, but adds that action is needed to prevent the growing threat plastic waste is posing to our oceans and marine life. The crux of the matter, according to the e-book, is what we do with the plastic after use and how plastics re-enter the circular economy. By implementing effective measures in the plastics value chain, we can ensure the long-term health of our economies, communities and environment, Tomra says.

The e-book identifies some actions key industry stakeholders in the plastics value chain—chemical and plastics manufacturers, consumer goods companies, retailers, consumers, waste management companies, recycling facilities and legislators—can take to prevent further environmental damage.

Beyond the environmental benefits of recycling, the e-book observes how positive economic shifts also can be expected, Tomra says. Economies that once used the linear model are embracing new business opportunities through advanced sorting technologies that purify and deliver high-quality recyclates, the company adds.

The e-book can be downloaded at www.tomra.com/pvc-ebook.

https://www.recyclingtoday.com/article/tomra-sorting-recycling-plastics-value-chain-ebook/
KanonBra5
04.07.2019 kl 15:59 2318

Gleder meg til Q2 (19/07) ;-)

Investor