Gilets noirs - trøbbel i sikte for Macron?

Slettet bruker
14.08.2019 kl 22:28 228

Black vests: Who are the gilets noirs and what do they want?

The gilets noirs, or black vests, claim to be the largest collective of undocumented migrants in the country, with a membership of between 1,000 and 1,500.

Through a series of high-profile demonstrations and occupation protests in Paris, often targeting symbolic locations, they are holding France to its national motto of liberty, equality and fraternity.

Officials estimate that there are over 300,000 undocumented migrants in France, with NGOs saying there are about 2,000 living on the streets of Paris.

Organising from migrant hostels

The gilets noirs emerged late last year, comprising undocumented migrants, activists from La Chapelle Debout!, a solidarity group that has been active in Paris for over five years, and campaigners with roots in the 1990s "sans papiers", or without papers movement.

They organised meetings in the foyers - the hundreds of migrant hostels around Paris - and shared frustrations over a fruitless case-by-case approach to resolving immigration issues, later deciding to occupy buildings representing symbolic power.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/black-vests-gilets-noirs-190813084140464.html
Slettet bruker
14.08.2019 kl 22:39 221

Å jasså ja, da er det nøkk like før rasekrigen bryter ut se.
Slettet bruker
14.08.2019 kl 23:01 211

Å je tenker nok itte at følk faktisk gidder å krige om rasegreier du. Døm fleste vil bare se på fjernsyn og lure seg unna arbeid.
polemiker
15.08.2019 kl 00:00 193

Aldri hørt om denne gjengen her, men at Frankrike har en heller dyster fremtid er i alle fall ikke jeg i tvil om. Tror nok heller at det er i de fattige innvandrergettoene opptøyene vil øke i omfang og etterhvert bryte ut i full borgerkrig.