SDRL - oppløftende Q2 earnings transcript

locksley
SDRL 20.08.2019 kl 22:09 1580

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/seadrill-limited-sdrl-q2-2019-182325207.html

Analytikere fra ABG og Accure til stede med spørsmål. Mener svarene er oppløftende. Alt peker på et oppsving i markedene til Seadrill.

Ledelsen virker komfortable med gjeldssituasjonen.

Det har kommet dårlig fram at backloggen er nesten doblet til 3.2B gjennom JV i Qatar!
"Turning then to Slide 12, which covers non-consolidated entities. In total, these four investments that we hold, cover a backlog of $3.2 billion. They generate EBITDA of $213 million during the second quarter. And in terms of the carrying value on our balance sheet, we have a carrying value of $724 million at the end of the quarter, which excludes the seller's credit and other debt facilities we have with these investments."

Det er 2 kontrakter i nærmeste framtid og en noe senere:
Lukas Daul -- ABG Sundal Collier -- Analyst
Okay. On a different note, could you just briefly update us on the status of the Sonangol drill ships -- the drill ships in the JV, where they are and what is happening with them?

Anton Dibowitz -- Chief Executive Officer and President
Well, as I mentioned in my -- in my prepared remarks, we've taken delivery of both of the Sonangol drillships, ones currently being prepared in Walvis [Phonetic] Bay, the other ones in Singapore. So that was a good progress on the JV. The JV is progressing as planned. I think our initial comments when last quarter was that we were confident based on the strength of that market and the visible demand that we would have for those initial four rigs fixed on contracts between now and the middle of next year. We're in advanced discussions on at least the first two and I think we're pleased with the progress on the JV and will meet those timelines or at least meet those timelines.

Highlights:
"Oil prices remain well within the zone where offshore projects are profitable, and we expect this to translate into increasing amounts of capital being deployed into offshore exploration and development. While this is not yet a healthy market, day rates in all segments are recovering and we continue to see the leading indicators pointing in the right direction."

"The improvements in forward pricing and utilization are leading indicators that the recovery is progressing, and we expect that floater fixtures made in 2018 mark the low point in this cycle. Similarly, we see improving trends in the premium jack-up market with marketed utilization above 80% and rates trending toward $80,000 to $100,000 per day range, driven by increased activity in the Middle East. There remains a significant bifurcation between premium and standard jack-up units, and we expect a preference for premium units to continue and result in further attrition of standard jack-up."

"Starting then to capital structure and liquidity, obviously we start our position with the cash position at $1.5 billion. We do have bank debts of $5.7 billion. The bank loans will mature between 2022 and 2024. Amortization commences in 2020, but we do have an amortization conversion election for $500 million, which allows us to defer amortization payments. So effectively amortization will start in 2021. The only covenant running at present is relation to minimum cash, which we're comfortably above.

We will have covenants later on and would expect to have net leverage and debt service cover ratio, these commence in 2021 and they'll only have a margin impact if there's any breach in that respect. From a capital perspective position, we keep this under review. Obviously, we have $1.5 billion of cash. We have a $0.5 billion of ACE in terms of deferred amortization. And we are collectively managing our capital structure, of which the NSN repurchase is an example."

Thank you. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I was wondering -- if we go through your drillships, you've got five drillships rolling off contract in Q4 or in the -- in the end of Q3. Could you talk a little bit about the rollover opportunities for those, each one in particular?

Matt Lyne -- Senior Vice President of Commercial
Hi Lukas, so I mean, I all avoid talking about specific opportunities given the competitive nature of the market. But when you look at from a general perspective, if we take the golden triangle, we see an increase in demand when compared to 2018. And although the pace is different for each specific area, I think we feel comfortable that enough opportunities will materialize where you can expect that those assets will remain in their current markets. After taking a break to complete various SPS of maintenance and upgrades. With respect to Asia, we also see a number of interesting opportunities that are attractive both in term and commencement period, so, when looking at the West Carina, a large number of those opportunities require NPD and she's outfitted with our third generation operating system. So we feel quite comfortable about her prospects in Asia.

Okay. If I just take it up upper level, Lucas, what I will say is we've been very purposeful and not making long term commitments on our prime effort at the bottom of the market. Obviously, what one aspect or one consequence of that is we also need to roll those rigs as they move -- as they roll off their contracts. But given the performance that we've delivered for customers and the attractiveness of our assets, I think we feel comfortable rolling our available assets.

Okay, good color and then...

Certainly rather be -- I'd certainly rather be doing it today than six months ago or year ago.

Sure. You talk about competitive spot market, but obviously we have seen sort of pricing come up to, I would say more attractive levels for long term work, but we haven't seen that much long term fixtures with a future date commencement. So I was wondering in the tender pipeline that you are sort of dealing with on a daily basis, do you see any change or any sort of delta in terms of more term work starting in 2021 arriving on the table?

Matt, do you want to start?

Matt Lyne -- Senior Vice President of Commercial

I think there's a few opportunities that have longer term developments. I think Equinor have something down in Brazil where they're looking at start-ups past 2020. West Africa also have a few that are -- that exist in Nigeria. They're still in the tender process. So it's a little bit hard to kind of put your finger on where you think the dayrate is going to marry up. But I know -- I do think we're comfortable that there's a marked improvement. When you look at the 2018 bidding behaviors compared to what we're seeing in 2019 for fixtures or commencements in 2020 and particularly into 2021 and the trend supports that.

Lukas, you know, long term contracts are probably the most difficult for us to price, drillers to price and to come to an agreement with operators in this market to make a long term forward commitment. So, I think there has been a function of the market where generally the number of five plus term fixtures is decreased from where it was at the top of the last cycle. And given where we are in the cycle, where rates are increasing with a forward curve is increasing, we're comfortable with that. We'd like to see -- obviously, you don't want to be chopping and changing contracts all the time. But, you know, a year or 18 months, two years, fixtures at this point into a rising market is a comfortable market for us to be in and to be able to have a productive discussion with our customers where we can actually achieve a mutually agreeable price.
Redigert 21.01.2021 kl 04:47 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
20.08.2019 kl 22:28 1500

Takk for denne! Oppløftende lesing 😊👍
Slettet bruker
20.08.2019 kl 22:32 1476

hvorfor leste ikke usa at dette er oppløftende?
tuja
20.08.2019 kl 23:25 1406

Takk for den, TS. God lesning. Tror nok det har blitt tyngre arbeidsforhold for shortermafiaern etter dagens presentasjon.

Og olja over 60usd.

API ENERGY INVENTORIES (16th August):

Crude -3.5mln (exp. -1.9mln, prev. +3.7mln)

Cushing: -2.8mln (exp. -1.68mln, prev. -2.2mln)

Gasoline: -0.4mln (exp. +0.2mln, prev. +3.7mln)

Distillate: +1.8mln (exp. +0.3mln, prev. -1.3mln)

:)
Slettet bruker
20.08.2019 kl 23:30 1392

Håper du har rett. MErker meg likevel at mange store pip ikke har tatt kursen over 30. Sammenlikner vi nå situasjonen med for et år tilbake, er den tilsynelatende mye bedre. Kursen er imidlertid ned 85%. Skjønn det den som kan og vil
El Gordo..
20.08.2019 kl 23:36 1373

Mennesker er flokkdyr...og verden vil bedras...
Mvh.