Tomra - protester og peanuts på en fredag

Kommentatoren
TOM 20.09.2019 kl 13:38 1557

"Gamlingene" som styrer har forsømt sitt ansvar og tas i skole av 10 åringer og matsikkerhet blir viktigere og viktigere. Det er enda tidlig i verden og norske Tomra Systems har de globalt ledende, teknologiske løsningene både når det gjelder å rydde opp i klodens "plasthelvete" og bedre matsikkerheten samt mye annet. Under Tomras Capital Markets Day på denne tiden i fjor sa CEO Stefan Ranstrand : "Until now we've only seen the lab version of Tomra, now it's time for the real Tomra". Jeg tror han vet hva han snakker om. Tomra er Norges superselskap.

Global miljøprotest: Slik streiker de - over hele verden

Bilder fra hele verden viser det enorme engasjementet for klima. - Når jeg roter, får mamma meg til å rydde opp. Hvis de var så smarte, ville de også ryddet opp etter seg selv, sier en tiåring til folkemengden i Australia.

MALENE BIRKELAND

Oppdatert for mindre enn 30 minutter siden

Over 120 land demonstrerer i det som er forventet å bli den største miljøprotesten i historien, ifølge Sky News.

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/i/zGXVm4/global-miljoeprotest-slik-streiker-de-over-hele-verden?utm_source=vgfront&utm_content=row-2

20 Sep2019

SUCCESS STORY: COPLANA, BRAZIL

In accordance with its quality assurance programmes, Coplana went ahead and installed a Helius machine from TOMRA Food, making a leap forward in food safety

COPLANA SELECTS TOMRA FOOD TO OPTIMISE ITS PRODUCTION LINE

Based in Guariba and Unidade de Grãos, in Jaboticabal, in the interior of the State of São Paulo, Coplana Cooperativa Agroindustrial has been in business since 1963. It provides services to cooperative growers of sugar cane and rotation crops, such as peanuts, soy and some other minor crops. With peanuts, the Cooperative is a leader in the Brazilian market and beyond, having achieved great success with its Coplana Brazilian Premium Peanuts brand. Effective peanut selection has enabled Coplana to conquer the mass food industry, and this includes winning business with major players in the European Union, some of the most selective in the world. Coplana’s association with TOMRA in the last five years has proven essential to achieving the continuous improvements which have helped achieve this

Coplana Production Supervisor Mateus Frazão explains:

“One of the main reasons why we use TOMRA technology is to guarantee quality and food safety, and to comply with the standards imposed by the international market. Broadly speaking, the Helius machine enables us to control physical contamination (impurities) so that we can deliver a higher quality product. This is an advantage over conventional machines.”

Coplana already has 475 employees and is still growing. Mateus Frazão says:

"We may invest in more TOMRA technologies in the future."

Coplana’s production supervisor also says that he can recommend TOMRA technology based on the results obtained since 2014.

The Brazilian market is important for TOMRA. The company has ramped up its local activity here in recent months, particularly through the team led by João Medeiros. This has sped up the response of the local technical team to demand from local customers and enhanced TOMRA’s before- and after-sales service.

https://food.tomra.com/blog/success-story-coplana-brazil

Redigert: Rettet skrivefeil

Redigert 19.01.2021 kl 21:36 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
20.09.2019 kl 14:15 1508

Men EU har tatt grep! Det ruller på nå! For noen minutter siden kom denne fra EU. Her er innledningen.

Press release 20 September 2019 Brussels

Circular Plastics Alliance: 100+ signatories commit to use 10 million tons of recycled plastic in new products by 2025

Today, more than 100 public and private partners covering the whole plastics value chain will sign the declaration of the Circular Plastics Alliance, which promotes voluntary actions for a well-functioning EU market in recycled plastics.

The declaration lays out how the alliance will reach the target of 10 million tons of recycled plastic used to make new products every year in Europe, by 2025. This target was set by the European Commission in its 2018 Plastics Strategy, as part of its efforts to boost plastics recycling in Europe.

First Vice-President Frans Timmermans, responsible for sustainable development, said: “I welcome the industry's commitments to rethink the way we produce and use plastics. By efficiently recycling plastics, we will clean up the planet and fight climate change, by substituting fossil fuels with plastic waste in the production cycle.”

Commissioner Elżbieta Bieńkowska, responsible for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, said: “We have the opportunity to make our industry a world leader in recycled plastics. We should fully seize it to protect the environment, to create new jobs in this sector and remain competitive.”

The declaration, signed by small and medium businesses, large corporations, business associations, standardisers, research organisations, and local and national authorities endorses the 10 million tons target and calls for a shift to zero plastic waste in nature and zero landfilling. It lays out concrete actions to reach the target, including:

* improving the design of plastic products to make them more recyclable and integrate more recycled plastics;

* identifying untapped potential for more plastic waste collection, sorting and recycling across the EU, as well as the investment gaps;

* building a Research & Development agenda for circular plastics;

* establishing a transparent and reliable monitoring system to track all flows of plastic waste in the EU.

Next steps

The declaration of the Alliance will remain open for signature on the Commission's website for more signatories to join over time, in particular public authorities from all across Europe.

Business associations and companies are also encouraged to submit voluntary pledges to use or produce more recycled plastics, if they have not yet done so. Interested parties may contact for further information: GROW-ENV-RPLASTICS-PLEDGE@ec.europa.eu

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_19_5583
Redigert 20.09.2019 kl 14:33 Du må logge inn for å svare
Jagborisverige
20.09.2019 kl 14:15 1505

Vad gör att Tomra faller en dag som denna som egentligen bara stärker Tomras case? Jag älskar Tomra men uppenbarligen är jag ’ensam’;-)
Kommentatoren
20.09.2019 kl 14:25 1489

Kursnedgang er selvsagt aldri hyggelig for en som ikke vedder i den retning. Kurspleien er likevel interessant. Du er ikke helt ensom jagborisverige. Vi er iallefall to. :)
Redigert 20.09.2019 kl 14:25 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
20.09.2019 kl 14:26 1482

Kommentatoren,
takk for enda flere nyheter, de kommer som perler på en snor rundt Tomra.
Merkelig at så mange ikke forstår hva resultatet vil bli i verdens bilde og hvilket resultat det vil bli for Tomra som selskap.
Se på alle de unge i dag som samles i millioner rundt kloden, de sier alle som en, verden er vår vi har et liv tilbake, ikke neglisjer oss, dere har skyld i en del av katastrofen, vi skal rette den opp for deres barnebarn.
Ha en god helg.
Jagborisverige
20.09.2019 kl 14:47 1442

Två är fler än en!!! Nu känns det mycket bättre:-) Nu ska jag gå till Ica i byn och dem installera en Tomra!
Grassrootwork:-)
Kommentatoren
20.09.2019 kl 14:52 1434

Litt mer til ettertanke. Jeg tror iallefall ikke det Tomra har å tilby går av moten. Tenker vel heller som Tomras CEO (se trådstart) at vi bare er helt i begynnelsen når det gjelder interessen og behovet for Tomras teknologiske løsninger selv om selskapet har eksistert noen år...

LIFE WELLBEING

10:00pm, Sep 20, 2019 Updated: 10:22pm, Sep 20

Toxic fish, ‘dead’ sand, plastic and mattresses: Sydney Harbour in all its gory

Sydney Harbour might be coveted by other cities for its pretty, pristine splendour – when in fact it doesn’t do so well for cleanliness. Or even, in parts, able to support life.

According to a new short video – Sydney Harbour: Above and Below – 15 Olympic size swimming pools of gross pollutants enter Sydney Harbour each year.

And 70 per cent of this debris ends up lodged on the Harbour’s floor.

Most of this visible junk – cigarette butts, plastic bags and bottles, lost shoes and trousers, dead creatures – comes from stormwater runoff.

The new video, which we have posted, was produced by global recycling company, TOMRA, and “documents the work of SIMS, Ocean Protect, Project Aware and Manly Dive Centre… to raise awareness about this problem and offers some solutions for Australians looking to do their part.”

Good luck to that.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/wellbeing/2019/09/20/sydney-harbour-in-all-its-gory/

Redigert 20.09.2019 kl 14:57 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
20.09.2019 kl 16:54 1355

Climate change: 7 young climate activists from around the world

20 Sep 201920 September 2019 Last updated at 12:30

Greta Thunberg is often the first name that comes up when people talk about the youth environment movement, but there are young activists all over the world.

From India to Kenya to USA young people have been demanding greater action on things like climate change, plastic pollution and deforestation.

On 20 September kids all over the world will be taking part in the Global Climate Strike, and you can keep up with everything that's going on in our live page here.

Then on 21 September young leaders and activists from around the world including Greta Thunberg gather at the UN's Youth Climate Summit in New York.

Here are some of the people who are taking part in the movement to inspire change around the world.

Let us know if you are campaigning or taking action to help the environment in the comments below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/49676291

CLIMATE ACTION SUMMIT, 23 SEPTEMBER

Climate change is the defining issue of our time and now is the defining moment to do something about it. There is still time to tackle climate change, but it will require an unprecedented effort from all sectors of society. To boost ambition and accelerate actions to implement the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, UN Secretary-General António Guterres is asking leaders, from government, business and civil society, to come to the 2019 Climate Action Summit on 23 September with plans to address the global climate emergency. The Summit will spark the transformation that is urgently needed and propel action that will benefit everyone.

https://www.un.org/en/climatechange/

God helg!