Tomra - BREAKING NEWS. New Zealand innfører pantesystem!

Kommentatoren
TOM 26.09.2019 kl 15:22 744

Utrolig artig og interessant å følge et selskap omgitt av en slik positiv nyhetsstrøm både når det gjelder det selskapsspesifikke og makronyheter som denne.

Nå har altså også newzealandske myndigheter tatt til fornuften, og landets nye pantesystem vil stå klart til å betjene nasjonens ca. 5 millioner innbyggere i 2022. Som kjent er Tomra den dominerende aktøren innen pantesystemer i Austtralia (i delstatene New South Wales og Queensland). Tomra er dessuten allerede sterkt tilstede i New Zealand gjennom de to heleide datterselskapene COMPAC og BBC Technologies. Så her snakker vi litt "som hånd i hanske". :)

Government announces beverage container return scheme

Ellen O'Dwyer
12:32, Sep 25 2019

The Government has announced it will implement a beverage container return scheme, where consumers will get between 5-20 cents back when they recycle their drink bottles.

Associate Minister for Environment Eugenie Sage made the announcement at the WasteMINZ conference in Hamilton on Wednesday morning, saying work had begun to investigate and design the scheme.

Plastic, glass and aluminium drink containers will carry a refundable deposit, potentially between 5-20 cents each.

Consumers will get this back when they recycle containers at a drop-off point.

"Too many beverage containers end up in landfill, on the streets, in rivers and in the ocean. Our recovery rates are only between 42 and 58 per cent," Sage said.

She said the scheme was designed to incentivise more recycling of these items.

"[Beverage containers] would again become something of value, and we would see increased opportunities recycling and new opportunities for refilling."

The cost of the deposit will be added on to the product initially, but would be returned if the consumer recycles it, she said.

Auckland Council and Malborough District Council will carry out the project design with Government funding of nearly $1 million ($966,000) from the Waste Minimisation Fund.

The two councils will work with the Ministry for the Environment and others including the beverage, packaging and recycling industries, councils, retailers, charitable organisations, Māori and consumer representatives.

The design proposal will be presented to the Government by August 2020 and it is anticipated the scheme could be operational by 2022.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/116070622/government-announces-beverage-container-return-scheme
Redigert 19.01.2021 kl 19:43 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
27.09.2019 kl 12:16 535

Ja, en samlet drikkevarebransje hilser nyheten om at pantesystem innføres på New Zealand velkommen. Skal si tidene forandrer seg! Rekordraskt! Til det bedre! Ikke mange år siden drikkevarebransjen de fleste steder i verden kjempet med nebb og klør mot alt som luktet av pantesystemer. Veldig bra utvikling for kloden altså. Fantastisk utvikling for en aktør som Tomra.

Beverage Council Welcomes Container Refund Annoucement

Wednesday, 25 September 2019, 3:45 pm

Press Release: NZ Beverage Council
Beverage Council Welcomes Government’s Container Refund Announcement

“The New Zealand Beverage Council (NZBC) welcomes the announcement today that the Government is providing funding to start design work for a container refund scheme.

“As an industry, we share New Zealanders concerns about packaging waste and we know that as an industry, we have an important role to play in helping develop solutions,” says NZBC spokesperson Stephen Jones.

“Container refund schemes are utilised in a number of countries around the world and it is an option that is worth exploring in New Zealand,” says Mr Jones.

“Well designed schemes have the potential to lift New Zealand’s recycling rates and improve the quality of material collected. International experience suggests the best schemes are those that are run by industry, on a not-for-profit basis and with clear government targets.

“We are absolutely committed to working positively and collaboratively with Auckland and Marlborough Councils to develop a framework for world-class and cost-effective container refund scheme that works well for consumers, industry and recyclers for government consideration next year.”

ENDS

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO1909/S00348/beverage-council-welcomes-container-refund-annoucement.htm

Redigert 27.09.2019 kl 12:22 Du må logge inn for å svare