Special Counsel -- full tekst

Mortenxx
TRUMP 02.06.2018 kl 20:40 732

APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL COUNSEL
TO INVESTIGATE RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE WITH THE
2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION AND RELATED MATTERS

By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C.
§§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and
management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the
Russian govemmenfs efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election
, I hereby order as
follows:

(a) Robert S. Mueller III is appointed t() serve as Special Counsel for the United States
Department of Justice.

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI
Director James B. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on
Intelligence on March 20, 2017
, including:
(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals
associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is
authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

(d) Sections 600.4 through 600. 10 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are
applicable to the Special Counsel.
################################

Siden punkt (b) refererer til the investigation confinned by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017 så vil det også være relevant å se på det vitnemålet.

Slik James Comey beskrev saken den 20. mars 2017:
FULL James Comey, Mike Rogers Testify on Wiretapping Russian election interference. March 20 2017
https://youtu.be/ixOguUCVp8k?t=18m22s
Redigert 02.06.2018 kl 21:41 Du må logge inn for å svare
Mortenxx
02.06.2018 kl 21:16 716

JAMES COMEYS WRITTEN STATEMENT -- relevant del
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/03/20/full-transcript-fbi-director-james-comey-testifies-on-russian-interference-in-2016-election/?utm_term=.76daef3c7690

I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election and that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia's efforts. As with any counterintelligence investigation, this will also include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed.

Because it is an open ongoing investigation and is classified, I cannot say more about what we are doing and whose conduct we are examining. At the request of congressional leaders, we have taken the extraordinary step in coordination with the Department of Justice of briefing this Congress' leaders, including the leaders of this committee, in a classified setting in detail about the investigation but I can't go into those details here. I know that is extremely frustrating to some folks. I hope you and the American people can understand. The FBI is very careful in how we handle information about our cases and about the people we are investigating.

We are also very careful about the way we handle information that may be of interest to our foreign adversaries. Both of those interests are at issue in a counterintelligence investigation. Please don't draw any conclusions from the fact that I may not be able to comment on certain topics. I know speculating is part of human nature, but it really isn't fair to draw conclusions simply because I say that I can't comment.

################################

Jeg mener at det vil være temmelig irrasjonelt å argumentere "alternative teorier" som ikke stemmer med de offisielle forklaringene -- f.eks. å argumentere at FBIs etterforskning egentlig ikke handlet om russisk innblanding men om politisk overvåkning. Da har man mistet bakkekontakten fullstendig.
Redigert 02.06.2018 kl 21:21 Du må logge inn for å svare
Mortenxx
03.06.2018 kl 15:33 707

JOHN SOLOMONS ARTIKKEL
http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/390228-london-bridges-falling-down-curious-origins-of-fbis-trump-russia-probe

- - - - - - - - - - - -
1. Han starter med konklusjonen.
The bridge to the Russia investigation wasn’t erected in Moscow during the summer of the 2016 election.

It originated earlier, 1,700 miles away in London, where foreign figures contacted Trump campaign advisers and provided the FBI with hearsay allegations of Trump-Russia collusion, bureau documents and interviews of government insiders reveal. These contacts in spring 2016 — some from trusted intelligence sources, others from Hillary Clinton supporters — occurred well before FBI headquarters authorized an official counterintelligence investigation on July 31, 2016.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

2. Deretter går han videre til intervjuer med folk som føler seg sjokkert over konklusjonen.
Here’s what a congressman and an intelligence expert think.
* Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.)
* Kevin Brock
- - - - - - - - - - - -

3. Deretter går han videre til biter av informasjon som støtter konklusjonen.
* Tekstmeldinger Peter Strzok og Lisa Page.
* documents and government interviews

Nærmere detaljer:
* one of the FBI’s most senior counterintelligence agents visited London the first week of May 2016.
* On May 10, Australian diplomat Alexander Downer met in a London bar ...
* By early June, a second overture to a Trump campaign adviser occurred in London.
* Halper, a month later, emailed Clovis, referencing his contacts with Carter Page.
* In the ensuing months, Carter Page, Clovis and Papadopoulos all became FBI focuses.
* The FBI received two more contacts about Trump-Russia ... ... both from people tied to Clinton.
* A week before Carter Page left for London, the FBI was contacted by former MI6 agent Christopher Steele.
* The FBI did not act on Steele’s July 5, 2016, overture but, weeks later, Steele began working with agents.
* On July 23, 2016, shortly after WikiLeaks released the first hacked Clinton campaign emails, the Australian government contacted the State Department’s deputy chief of mission in London.
* Downer’s information moved FBI headquarters into action. Strzok was dispatched to London; a formal investigation was opened by month’s end.
- - - - - - - - - - - -

4. Deretter går han over til konklusjonen.
This timeline doesn’t prove wrongdoing; these contacts could have occurred organically, or been directed legally through intelligence channels. Yet, congressional investigators and FBI insiders tell me, they raise questions about when the investigation officially started and how.
- - - - - - - - - - - -

MIN KOMMENTAR

Det er ikke noe nytt i denne tidslinja ... bortsett fra noen få detaljer. Han forsøker å gjenspeile eksisterende vrangforestillinger. Folk gjenkjenner de ideene de allerede har blitt fortalt hundrevis av ganger tidligere.
Redigert 03.06.2018 kl 15:48 Du må logge inn for å svare
Mortenxx
04.06.2018 kl 08:56 696

"Devin Nunes bryter tausheten"

(14-15 min)
Devin Nunes Breaks His Silence on: Gowdy | I.G. Report | Rosenstein | Downer | Google
https://youtu.be/vAIIQVk6dac

Devin Nunes tviholder på tolkningen om at overvåking av Donald Trumps valgkamp var en egen sak og ikke del av en større sak om russisk innblanding i valget. Dette strider mot offisielle forklaringer men det stemmer med andre teorier han har om "Deep State konspirasjon".

Redigert 04.06.2018 kl 10:31 Du må logge inn for å svare
Mortenxx
06.06.2018 kl 00:26 669

DEVIN NUNES TEORIER

Deep State konspirasjon
├─ Brennan, Clapper, Comey (CIA, DNI, FBI)
├─ Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Andrew McCabe, Bill Pristap (FBI)
├─ Loretta Lynch, Sally Yates, Dana Boente, Rod Rosenstein, Bruce G. Ohr (DOJ)
├─ Robert S. Mueller III (Special Counsel)
├─ Susan Rice, Samantha Power (NSC)
├─ Ben Rhodes, Barack Obama (WH)
├─ State Department
├─ Fusion GPS, Christopher Steele, DNC, Hillary Clinton
├─ Nellie Ohr (Fusion GPS)
├─ Stefan Halper, Joseph Mifsud
├─ Alexander Downer
├─ Britisk etterretning
├─ Nederlandsk etterretning
└─ NYT, WaPo, CNN, MSNBC, etc.

Jeg klarte ikke å få med meg alle som er involvert i konspirasjonen. "Deep State" er en temmelig vag ide som omfatter mange forskjellige konspirasjoner som er samlet under samme merkelapp.

Enkelt-konspirasjoner:
├─ Lekkasje av hemmelig materiale til pressen
├─ Michael Flynns samtaler med Kislyak
├─ Evelyn Farkas
├─ "Overvåking av Trump Tower"
├─ "Unmasking / Susan Rice"
├─ "Comeys memos" + lekkasjen av disse
├─ Oppnevnelsen av Special Counsel Robert Mueller
├─ Dossieret fra Christopher Steele
├─ "FISA abuse"
├─ "FBI / DOJ stonewalling and slowwalking"
├─ "Frikjennelsen" av Hillary Clinton
└─ "Spion på innsiden av Trumps valgkamp"

Jeg fikk ikke med meg alle her heller. Jeg utelot bl.a. Clinton Foundation og Uranium One.

Konspirasjonsteorier er rettet mot den religiøse delen av hjernen -- den delen som håndterer tro og forestillinger. Den leter vanligvis etter bekreftelser og ikke etter motsigelser. En annen del av hjernen er logisk, rasjonell og vitenskapelig rettet. Den leter etter andre ting.

Forskjellig grunnpillar

De 2 første postene i denne tråden beskrev "etterforskning av Trump campaign" som del av en større sak om "russisk innblanding i valget". Dette er en grunnpillar som vanskelig kan flyttes eller endres. Den har blitt utdypet og spesifisert bl.a. i Manafort-saken. Straks man har publisert faste holdepunkter så kan de vanskelig endres.

"Deep State" er et flyttbart holdepunkt. Ideen er vag nok til at den kan passe inn med alt mulig rart av teorier.
Redigert 06.06.2018 kl 19:34 Du må logge inn for å svare
Mortenxx
06.06.2018 kl 21:09 651

"VRANGFORESTILLINGER"

Dette er et ord som irriterer mange konspirasjonsteoretikere og "Deep State"-troende. Jeg trente inn å bruke ordet i "Flat Earth"-diskusjoner så jeg vet at folk blir irriterte. Uttrykket fungerer like godt i "Deep State"-diskusjoner. Man bør sørge for å treffe blink hvis man bruker uttrykket.

Jeg traff delvis blink med de 2 første postene i tråden og beskrev dem som "objektiv sannhet" -- og deretter beskrev Flat Earth som "subjektiv sannhet" en annen plass. Subjektive sannheter kommer i mange forskjellige versjoner.