QEC - Artikkel fra Upstream

splittogspleis
QEC 04.06.2018 kl 14:30 3386

Artikkel fra Upstream i dag.

"Canadian independent Questerre Energy has settled a legal dispute by buying out its partner Repsol from the Utica shale play in the St Lawrence Lowlands area of Quebec.

Under a letter of intent, Calgary-based Questerre has agreed to buy exploration rights to 753,000 net acres in the Lowlands, along with associated wells, equipment and geological data.

Questerre will pay $16.1 million for the assets, including abandonment liabilities, and will become operator of the acreage.

A final sales and purchase agreement will be signed once the ministry of energy and natural resources in Quebec approves new regulations for oil and gas activities in Quebec, which is expected to take place in about four to six weeks.

Upon closing of the transaction, both parties will release each other from all claims related to the outstanding litigation, Questerre said. The dispute relates to drilling costs incurred in 2010.

"We are confident that, with success, this project will help Quebec greatly reduce its hydrocarbon import problem and meet its 2030 energy policy targets," Questerre chief executive Michael Binnion said.

"We will continue our step-by-step approach of working with the government and municipalities."

The announcement was well received by investors, who sent Questerre's shares up more than 12% in early trading on the Oslo Stock Exchange.

"Through the acquisition of Repsol’s acreage, Questerre increases its exposure towards the enormous upside potential for the Lowlands acreage in the scenario of a commercial development," analyst Teodor Sveen-Nilsen at Oslo-based SpareBank1 markets said in a note.

The relatively low purchase price reflects several uncertainty factors, including the litigation, Quebec's ongoing work to set up regulations for oil and gas activity, and signs that Repsol has been prioritising other investments, Sveen-Nilsen said."

http://www.upstreamonline.com/live/1504133/questerre-settles-quebec-dispute
Redigert 20.01.2021 kl 03:52 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
04.06.2018 kl 15:23 3223

Fikk også nettopp bekreftelse fra M.Binnion (Via Chat) om at dersom Reguleringe (mot formodning) ikke blir så bra for industrien som forventet så kan de kanselere LOI’en og gå videre saken i rettsapparatet!

Her er chatten vi hadde nylig:
Meg:
Fantastic deal Michael! Looking forwards to the final regulations so you can take the next steps towards the clean gas field development in Québec.

MB:
Thanks. Amazing to multiply our resource by four times

Meg:
My understanding is also that if (god forbid) the regulation shouldn’t turn out as favorable as expected QEC can cancel the LOI and go forward with the legal case?? Win win!

MB:
Yes we think we carefully structured the deal!
Reeinvest
04.06.2018 kl 16:23 3044

Tipper det blir stille i Bonzo-fjøset fremover. Spåkula tom for batteri?
Nano Rekyl
04.06.2018 kl 17:30 2835

Halen henger vel innover mellom beina nå :)