Tomra - bekreftet som systemoperatør i Western Australia!

Kommentatoren
TOM 16.01.2020 kl 14:49 1067

Da er Tomra bekreftet som systemoperatør i Western Australias pantesystem "Containers for Change" som går live 2.juni i år. Såvidt jeg kan se på listen over godtatte søkere, er Envirobank eneste aktør ved siden av Tomra som opererer med noe som kan minne om en pantemaskin selv om det ikke er det. Ved Envirobanks innsamlingspunkter identifiserer panteren seg og hiver en merket sekk med tomgods inn i "maskinen"/contaieren og får panten inn på konto noen dager, eventuelt uker, senere eller donererer den til et veldedig formål. I Queensland opererer Envirobank denne typen pantepunkter i grisgrendte strøk.

Konklusjon: Tomra har som i Queensland kapret de lukrative, mest befolkede regionene i Western Australia hvor de vil utplassere og operere sine pantemaskiner/-sentre. CEO Stefan Ranstrand har for lengst slått fast at rollene som systemoperatør i pantesystemene i New South Wales og Queensland har vært og er en braksuksess for Tomra. En ny suksesshistorie venter i Western Australia. Gratulerer Tomra!

Politics JANUARY 16, 2020 1:21 PM AEDT,

First look at Containers for Change recycling network

* First stage of WA’s container deposit scheme network, Containers for Change, announced

* 145 refund point locations selected, with 40 per cent to be operated by social enterprises and non-profits

* More than 500 jobs expected to be created as part of the network across the State

* Containers for Change will launch on June 2

The McGowan Government has today announced the first operators of refund points for Western Australia’s new container deposit scheme that will see millions of bottles and cans diverted from landfill each year.

Launching on June 2, Containers for Change will allow Western Australians to claim a 10-cent refund when they return eligible beverage containers at designated refund points across the State.

Sixty-five entities have been selected to deliver 145 refund point locations. Around 40 per cent of refund points will be operated by social enterprises including charities, disability sector organisations, Aboriginal corporations, and sporting and community groups.

Refund points will be established in every region across the State, from the Kimberley to the Great Southern. The number of refund points across the State will grow to at least 172 by June and to 229 by the end of the scheme’s first year. Refund point locations and operating hours will be available at http://www.containersforchange.com.au in May.

It is estimated more than 500 jobs will be created at refund points across the State, including hundreds of jobs to be targeted at employing people living with disability, the long-term unemployed and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, as well as opportunities for apprentices and trainees.

Logistics and processing applicants have also been selected, with state-of-the-art compacting trucks and on-site compacting to be used for the first time in any container deposit scheme in Australia.

This will mean less heavy vehicle movements on Western Australian roads – the equivalent of one truck instead of five.

As stated by Premier Mark McGowan:

“WA’s first container deposit scheme, Containers for Change, is taking shape and it’s pleasing to see so many organisations from all sectors of the community getting on board.

“Western Australians have been calling for this type of recycling scheme for a long time. I’m proud that my Government is implementing Containers for Change, which will deliver a big boost to recycling and create jobs.

“Today’s announcement is just the starting point for the Containers for Change network, which will grow significantly in coming months and years.

“More than 500 jobs will be created through Containers for Change. Refund point operators will provide job opportunities for all Western Australians, but particularly for people living with disability and long-term unemployed.”

As stated by Environment Minister Stephen Dawson:

“There are more than 1.3 billion eligible beverage containers used in Western Australia each year, and they make up 44 per cent of litter in our parks, streets and waterways.

“The McGowan Government has introduced Containers for Change to help reduce litter, improve recycling rates, create new businesses and employment opportunities across the State, and provide a new way for community organisations and charities to raise money.”

Successful refund point operators applicants

TOMRA Collection Pty Ltd

https://www.miragenews.com/first-look-at-containers-for-change-recycling-network/
Redigert 16.01.2020 kl 14:51 Du må logge inn for å svare
KanonBra5
16.01.2020 kl 15:52 1029

Fantastisk Kommentatoren!! Gjør regning med at vi snart får en pressemelding om dette fra Tomra?

Investor