Tomra - ny kontrakt i Queensland, Australia

Kommentatoren
TOM 20.07.2018 kl 14:41 3316

Gårsdagens flotte Q2 2018 presentasjon etterføges av nyhet om kontrakt i Queensland, Australia for Norges superselskap!

Locations of Brisbane's container-refund depots revealed

Ruth McCosker
By Ruth McCosker
20 July 2018 — 10:27pm

At least 10 new container-refund depots will be built in south-east Queensland by November, including five in Brisbane, as part of the state's Container Refund Scheme.

The Queensland government announced it would introduce a container refund scheme in July 2016.

The scheme was originally slated to commence July 1 but has been delayed until November 1 to give collection infrastructure time to be ready.

TOMRA collection solutions has been awarded the task of building the 10 south-east Queensland refund depots before November 1.

Five of the 10 depots will be built in Brisbane.

Applications seeking approval to build two of the Brisbane depots have already been submitted to Brisbane City Council for approval, but the further three applications are yet to be submitted.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/locations-of-brisbane-s-container-refund-depots-revealed-20180720-p4zsog.html

Redigert 20.01.2021 kl 00:00 Du må logge inn for å svare
KanonBra5
20.07.2018 kl 14:57 3284

Glimrings!! Antar full melding kommer snart fra Tomra. Dette er nok bare en start på et større system!!

Investor
herv
20.07.2018 kl 15:45 3244

Endelig...............
ruda
20.07.2018 kl 23:54 3138

Kommer som en kule
Kommentatoren
22.07.2018 kl 19:49 2886

La det være helt klart; Tomra har på rekordtid bygget opp en kruttsterk tilstedeværelse i Australia som operatør av hele det onlinebaserte, automatiserte pantesystemet i New South Wales ("Return and Earn") og nå altså med innpass når det gjelder den høyteknologiske delen av pantesystemet i delstaten Queensland som skal være operativt f.o.m. 1.novemeber.

Hvorfor er så denne posisjonen ganske så fantastisk? Jo, i Australia er det som i de fleste siviliserte nasjoner krise når det gjelder avfall/resirkulering etter at Kina innførte importrestriksjoner 1.januar 2018. Fra sin "poll position" i landet kan dermed Tomra tilby australierne alt de trenger for å få orden på både innsamling/pant og resirkulering/avfallshåndtering.

Er dere virkelig interessert i og ønsker å vite mer om situasjonen, prosessene og diskusjonene som pågår i Australia, følger dere linkene under til artikler fra The Guardian + en tråd jeg startet 26.juni. I kronologisk rekkefølge:

https://forum.hegnar.no/thread/6519/view/99339/0

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jul/13/recycling-crisis-why-dont-we-have-a-national-container-deposit-scheme

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jul/15/rethinking-recycling-could-a-circular-economy-solve-the-problem

Redigert: Beklager mye rot med linkene, men nå er de som de skal være.
Redigert 22.07.2018 kl 20:15 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
23.07.2018 kl 11:17 2749

Da bekreftes det at alt er i rute også når det gjelder innføring av pantesystem i delstaten Western Australia. Den folkelige støtten er som dere kan lese helt enorm (97%!!!). 0ppstart i 2020.

Mandurah: commitment to container deposit scheme reaffirmed

July 23rd, 2018, 01:00PMWritten by Jill Burgess Mandurah Coastal Times

WITH Plastic Free July well underway, Mandurah MLA David Templeman has reaffirmed the State Government’s commitment to introducing a container deposit scheme to WA.

Previous consultation by the State Government indicated very strong support for a container deposit scheme with 97 per cent of the 3236 people surveyed supporting the scheme.

Benefits of a container deposit scheme include protecting the environment, reducing litter, increasing recycling rates, protecting fauna and reducing the amount of plastic to landfill.

Plans for implementing the scheme, which starts in 2020, are well underway and people will be offered a 10 cent refund for each eligible bottle and can.

As many as 500 jobs could be created at new container sorting and processing facilities and refund points.

Mr Templeman encouraged local business, organisations and households across Mandurah to take up the Plastic Free July challenge and find out how to reduce their plastic use.

https://www.communitynews.com.au/mandurah-coastal-times/news/mandurah-commitment-to-container-deposit-scheme-reaffirmed/

Redigert 23.07.2018 kl 11:20 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rufuss07
23.07.2018 kl 12:21 2705

Ser ut som alt dette er tatt høyde for i kursutviklingen.
Kommentatoren
24.07.2018 kl 14:08 2586

Da har også delstatenTasmania bestemt seg for å innføre pantesystem. Tasmania er et øysamfunn med bare drøyt en halv million innbyggere.

New information on Tasmanian Container Refund Scheme released

July 20, 2018 by Waste Management Review

A Tasmanian round table discussion has seen local government and the waste industry agree to the creation of a Waste Action Plan, amid the release of a report on the potential framework for a Container Refund Scheme.

Consulting firm Marsden Jacob Associates (MJA) has detailed the model framework for a Tasmanian Container Refund Scheme (CRS).

The report concluded the scheme should include common features with similar schemes, such as the eligible containers and price.

It has allocated 18 months to set up the scheme and found the total funding requirement over 20 years would be $239 million, of which $138 million are refunded deposits. The costs of running the scheme were found to be around $101 million, or 4 cents per eligible container.

A redemption rate of at least 80 per cent was outlined, with a target of at least 60 refund points. Graduated sanctions were recommended for failing to meet these targets, with a verifiable auditing and tracking system required to ensure the objectives are met.

Potential cost savings for local councils were found, with beverage container litter estimated to fall by half, with an 80 per cent redemption rate.

http://wastemanagementreview.com.au/new-information-tasmanian-container-refund-scheme-released/

Dermed er det bare delstaten Victoria med drøyt 6 millioner innbyggere og Melbourne som hovedstad som ikke har forpliktet seg til å innføre et pantesystem. Varer nok ikke lenge før vi får nyheten om at også Victoria er med.
Redigert 24.07.2018 kl 14:30 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kommentatoren
30.07.2018 kl 13:18 2417

300 maskiner i Queensland! Eller enda flere? I artikkelen skrives det jo vitterlig at bygningen som omtales kan bli den første av flere hundre! Nå begynner dette å smake av fugl!

The revolutionary plan to pay residents to recycle

Yahoo7 News30 July 2018

An inner-city building in Brisbane could potentially be the site of a new recycling revolution.

The building next to Davies Park in Montague Road West End could be the first of hundreds throughout Queensland where people can take their recycling and return it for cash.

For many people, it will be as simple as feeding it back into a vending machine.

“West Enders are going to really embrace this,” Brisbane councillor Jonathan Sri said.

“They are sustainability conscious, they really care about the environment, and this gives them another way to do that.”

If approved, the building will become a container refund depot – its star attraction 10 “return and earn” vending machines.

Proponents of recycling are hailing it as a major breakthrough.

“We want people to be able to walk down out of their apartments and drop off their recycling on their way to work,” Cr Sri said.

For most people it will be a simple case of bringing your recycling to the refund depot, placing it in one of the vending machines which will instantly pay into your account 10 cents for each eligible container.

The “return and earn” network operator TOMRA has installed 82,000 such sites across the globe.

This would be the first of about 300 statewide.

The Container Refund Scheme begins in November.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/revolutionary-plan-pay-residents-recycle-110215805.html
Redigert 30.07.2018 kl 13:38 Du må logge inn for å svare
KanonBra5
30.07.2018 kl 15:46 2365

Tommelen opp for dette!! Da kommer nok snart den offisielle meldingen fra Tomra / staten Queensland om denne omfattende kontrakten!!!

Investor