Antall nye dødsfall 35 mot 42 igår...

Slettet bruker
01.02.2020 kl 23:36 2556

For første gang er antall døde av coronasmitte lavere enn dagen før.
Det er dette forskerne peker på som første infådikator på at virusspredningen har nådd toppen.
Redigert 20.01.2021 kl 01:20 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
01.02.2020 kl 23:45 2529

Desverre feil
45 nye corona-dødsfall

Tallet på antall døde etter corona-utbruddet i Hubei-provinsen har blitt oppjustert med 45, til totalt 294 dødsfall, den 1 februar. Det melder kinesisk statlig TV, skriver Reuters.

Ytterligere 1921 smittetilfeller har blitt innrapportert, noe som oppjusterer tallet på antall smittede i provinsen til 9074.
Slettet bruker
01.02.2020 kl 23:53 2514

Gårsdagens melding,
Dersom du bruker kuleramme får vel også du 35 nysmittede.. 294 - 258 = 36...feilregnet visst jeg og ...med 1
258 DØDE AV CORONAVIRUS
Ifølge AFP har kinesiske myndigheter nå gått ut og sagt at til sammen 258 personer er bekreftet omkommet av coronaviruset.

Det betyr at 45 nye personer er registrert som døde etter å ha blitt smittet.
Redigert 01.02.2020 kl 23:55 Du må logge inn for å svare
karlman
01.02.2020 kl 23:53 2512

Dead rate begynner å stabilisere seg.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-toll/

Se grafen
Growth Factor of Novel Coronavirus Daily Deaths
Redigert 01.02.2020 kl 23:54 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
01.02.2020 kl 23:58 2494

Takk for flott henvisning...da blir tallet riktig og NRK og VG oppgir feil tall
Forøvrig meget sterk nedgan i tilveksten antall døde og smittede ...som er hva helsemyndighetene ser etter.
Neste helg er antall utskrevne friskmeldte høyere enn antall døde og uken etter høyere enn antall nysmittede.
Hartepool
02.02.2020 kl 00:03 2478

Dersom antall døde nå er 304, opp fra 259 er det en vekst på ca 17%.
Det er ned fra en vekst på over 60 % for en uke siden.
Et åpenbart vendepunkt ?
Panis
02.02.2020 kl 00:03 2473

Dette er en veldig bra side hvis man vil følge utviklingen av Corona viruset.

Live map fra Johns Hopkins medisinske universitet:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Edit her er mobil versjon:
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/65005aca1175495595960f6d32ebd496
Redigert 02.02.2020 kl 00:13 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
02.02.2020 kl 00:05 2454

https://youtu.be/IhgtRhWh240
Slettet bruker
02.02.2020 kl 00:11 2416

Panis,

Fantastisk flott oversikt du deler her.
Panis
02.02.2020 kl 00:16 2407

Heysveis,

Takk, det er fint å kunne bidra med informasjon.
Hartepool
02.02.2020 kl 00:22 2375

Imponerende hva man finner av « good stuff « på HO...Takk.
Likte veldig bra oversikten over friskmeldte...den vil antakelig være bratteste kurve fremover da sykdommen varer ca 14 dager...
Alle andre forhåpentligvis avtagende vekst.
fattigstakkar
02.02.2020 kl 01:08 2313

Interessante og oppløftende tall.
seismicrec
02.02.2020 kl 08:47 2144

John Hopkins hurtige oppdateringer på virusutviklingen er et godt verktøy.
Den avtagende vekst i nysmittede og døde kan innebære en endring...litt tidlig å konkludere.
At antall friskmeldte vil skyte i været er klart.
At q1 blir et unntakskvartall er og klart.
Normalt blir recoveryet sterkt slik at q2 og året ut blir sterkere enn normalt.
Slettet bruker
02.02.2020 kl 09:14 2096

Mest sannsynlig er nedgangen i antall smittede og døde pga. mangel på test kit. Jeg tror trenden i de offisielle tallene vil ta seg opp igjen dessverre.
Klimbull
02.02.2020 kl 10:19 2003

Mye som tyder på at kapasiteten for testing foreløpig er på 2-3k hver dag.

2110 av 14634 som er bekreftet smittet som er kritisk syke.
Det er 20k som er mistenkt smittet og over 120k som er til observasjon.
Tallet på disse som mistenkes å være smittet hadde blitt redusert om man hadde kapasitet for testing.
Slettet bruker
02.02.2020 kl 11:06 1934

Common questions/concerns/misconceptions FAQ:

1) What is the incubation period? Why do I keep hearing 14 days? Is this scary?

The incubation period so far shows a period of 2-7 days with a 95% confidence interval, with median cases at 4.8 days. [1] The 14 day limit is the current maximum theorized incubation period from a Zhejiang case study. The exact maximum is difficult to know because this is based on patient survey and contact reconstruction and prone to error, but 14 days is the "safe" upper bound so far. This figure is similar to the ~5 day incubation for SARS. [2] There is no need to panic about this as it's very normal viral behavior.

2) But what about asymptomatic transmission? Is this worth worrying over?

So to be clear, so far over 95% of patients in most studies do eventually display symptoms. [3]30183-5/fulltext) However, transmission during the asymptomatic incubation stage above has also been confirmed by local and international studies. I believe the US decision to vastly heighten travel restrictions on China last night was largely due to this German confirmation. Ironically US CDC previously did not believe Chinese warnings this was happening.

While confirming asymptomatic transmission is important, it is not rare viral behavior, especially in the latter stages of incubation where viral load is high. Currently, we have no statistical evidence that there is a major risk from asymptomatic spreading. The incubation period is short enough that if this were a major dynamic, the end patients would have already shown up in the statistics.

3) What about super-spreaders? Why do I hear this has spread to 14 people from one infected?

Actually this is one of the positives about this virus so far. Unlike SARS, we have had no evidence of super-spreading occurring rapidly. What has been confirmed so far is 1 case of a "super spreader" which in epidemiology means a carrier that has infected at least 8 people. [4]

Now let's study this one case so far. It was honestly a VERY special case. Several rare factors all compounded to create the conditions for him to "superspread" nCoV to 14 healthcare professionals:

He lied about having had lots of exposure to the Wuhan Seafood market
He was admitted to the hospital because of pre-existing conditions requiring neurosurgery, before the danger and extent of the nCoV outbreak was known to the staff there. So proper quarantine procedures weren't followed
He required sputum suction, tracheotomy and tracheal intubation, which all unfortunately expose medical staff to a LOT of his body fluids.
So in the current opinion of the epidemiology community looking at nCoV cases, this is a fairly rare instance and unlikely to be repeated outside of a very specialized setting. There is no need to be worried about this vector yet.

4) What is the R0? Is it 2? 5? 12? What does this mean for the viral evolution?

Since popular media (Contagion, Pandemic) really brought the concept of R0 into public focus, there's a lot of confusion about this simplification of statistical methods. Put simply, R0 is a variable used in theoretical epidemiology analysis, derived from the data through various mathematical methods. It is not an intrinsic property of the virus, nor is it set in stone - R0 will change as properties of the outbreak, and our containment efforts, adjust it. There's a good further discussion of R0 here, but generally, without understanding the underlying methods that led to the calculation of a specific R0, you shouldn't overly focus on this number, nor compare it or make conclusions based purely on it.

As best as our models can tell, the R0 of the virus was well above 2-3 in the beginning, where it was infecting people in Wuhan through the Seafood market and across many vectors before broad awareness. This was from Dec of last year to maybe early January. Since increasing awareness and containment factors, the R(t) has likely declined to below 2, and optimistically will head below 1. We are awaiting data from Chinese New Year containment to see the lagged reporting data, but current extreme measure will have a major effect on the outbreak, but is unrealistic to maintain for long. The plan is to identify, treat, and isolate the vast majority of cases before life and travel normalizes.

Edit: to be clear here, I am not suggesting that R0 is currently 1 or anything like that. I am trying to communicate the point that R(t) is not fixed over time, but a function of our response to the virus. I am hoping that current containment measures will be enough to bring the R(t) to 1 or below, as is the case with any epidemic once it's under control and declining.

5) Why is the official case count so low? Why do I keep hearing larger numbers of infected? Is there a government cover-up?

The official "confirmed cases" number is not meant to be a "live" count of the # of infected or even identified infected individuals, and the professional community understands this. This number is exactly what it says on the tin, eg, this is the official number we have been able to test and confirm to our satisfaction. In our current fast-response information-driven society, we are used to having access to immediate, live data, and we expect such. The fact we have any confirmation at all at this point is actually a miracle. Back in the days of SARS, no accurate testing existed for many months after the outbreak, so ALL numbers were estimates!

Now due to Chinese bureaucracy and how the confirmations work in China, lack of supplies and personnel when Wuhan hospitals were overwhelmed last week, and difficulty producing the test kits, there is a lag time of up to 12 days to someone being suspected and able to be tested in Wuhan. I think this week they're working hard on bringing that lag down, and the lag is a lot shorter in other provinces due to still-functioning logistics, but it's still about 5 days at least in almost all of China, due to the multiple bureaucratic checks they force it to go through before it's deemed "confirmed enough". There's a trade-off between accuracy (yes, they wouldn't want to make an embarrassing mistake misdiagnosing or mistaking identity) and speed.

In the rest of the world, the delay can be very fast, ~1 day response to 3 or 4 days as well, depending on the country's infrastructure and availability of test kits/proximity to CDC center that's stocking it.

So really the way to think about the number of confirmed cases in China is, this is the number of cases that we can confirm from about 7-10 days ago. This is how we're roughly working with the data. I think most laypeople are just assuming this is a "live" number which is just not the case, it takes time from patient intake to screening to testing to confirmation to double checking.

6) What about deaths? Have a lot of people died? Why is the official death rate so low? Is there a cover-up?

It is true that the death rate reported by China is heavily misleading. But this is NOT due to an active cover-up. There are 2 main structural reasons:

This is primarily due to the structural method of how China records deaths on their certificate. It is established policy/practice in China to record the final cause of death, rather than all existing conditions and overlapping factors.
For example, if a (say 85 yo) patient in the US with diabetes and an existing heart condition gets nCoV, is admitted in the hospital, is confirmed with nCoV, then dies of heart failure, he is recorded as dying of nCoV AND heart failure with other complications. However if the same patient dies in China, he would only be recorded of dying by heart failure.

This is a well-known issue with China and co-morbid diseases. I don't agree with it, I wouldn't do it, but I don't run China. But this is not a new method they made up to try to hide deaths here, it's just the way it's done. This has led to jokes in the epidemiology community that "it's impossible to die of flu in China", because they basically don't record any deaths where the patient has flu. See here this recent article from the Global Times, which is one of China's state-sponsored newspapers.

This is not something even China is really trying to hide. They just tell us, sorry, our doctors just do things this way, we have no interest in changing it.

2) The other reason is, right now if a patient is awaiting test results (turnaround can be 3-5 days in China still), and passes away in the meantime, they are not recorded as nCoV. I guess this I can understand, I think similar policies in US, we don't like to go back and edit death certificates because it's a huge hassle.

Ok so - definitely, the death count is too low. We all agree there. But before you freak out, there's a bright spot. We CAN also put an upper bound with a fair amount of certainty on the general death rate. How? Because there have been enough cases reported globally already, and enough data from the patients OUTSIDE of China, that we can tell the death rate is NOT anywhere near 10% with a strong degree of certainty (many patients have recovered, and are just awaiting the viral test all-clear before they can be discharged. Most other patients are in stable and recovering condition).

Edit: I'm going to take out the actual back of the envelope illustration I was using here, because it's been rightfully criticized as being over-simplistic to the point of misleading. I still believe that the fact that global death rates remain very low is encouraging and can be used to remove extremely high death rate arguments, however, even adjusted for quality of care and health of the traveling population.

7) Great, so we don't know the number infected or the number of fatalities. Why am I refreshing the number repeatedly?

Well, it's ok that we don't know all the exact specifics of a virus while we're fighting it. It's the same as every past pandemic.
https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/comments/exe552/coronavirus_faq_misconceptions_information
Slettet bruker
02.02.2020 kl 19:33 1739

443 friskmeldte nå i ettermiddag Opp fra 340 i dag morges.
Antall nysmittede har økt med 10...før Kina kommer med ny oppdatering rundt midnatt.
Ingen nye dødsfall registrert etter err på Filippinene .
Men at den kurven som vil stige sterkest fremover , tilnærmet eksponensielt , er kurven over friskmeldte.
Kilde : John hopkins University
Redigert 02.02.2020 kl 19:37 Du må logge inn for å svare