FimaChem extension study

Stock DZ
PCIB 29.07.2018 kl 14:40 3836

HI

I posted this yesterday on Tekinvestor and I thought to post here as well as I think it is important and might help us understand why double treatment with FimaChem may increase efficacy of the treatment, since the challenge with repeated chemo treatments is the introduction of cell resistance making treatment less efficient. This may not be the case for PCI induced treatment based on the thesis below (this is open for discussion of course)

Please have a look at this following doctoral dissertation by Cathrine Elisabeth Olsen 2017:

https://www.duo.uio.no/bitstream/handle/10852/59079/PhD-Olsen-DUO.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

Title: Mechanisms of Resistance to TPCS2a-Photodynamic Therapy: Implication for Photochemical internalization

Aim of the study:
Photochemical internalization (PCI) is a novel drug delivery method currently evaluated for clinical use in cancer therapy. It is based on the highly potent reactive oxygen species (ROS)-induction from TPCS2a-PDT. PCI, hence, mediates the release of drugs sequestered in endocytic vesicles including endosomes and lysosomes.

The method has so far been showing promising results circumventing cancer drug resistance both in vitro and in vivo, and in patients. Little is, however, known about TPCS2a’s own suscep- tibility to resistance, and how it applies in PDT and PCI.

The work presented in this thesis therefore had the following objectives:

• Study TPCS2a-PDT sensitivity
– Study intrinsic and acquired resistance mechanisms
– Impact of repeated chemotherapy

• Investigate PCI sensitivity
– PCI in TPCS2a-PDT-resistant cells
– The role of ROS scavengers
– Utilization of resistance-induced markers

• Target PCI towards CD133 expression on therapy-resistant cancer stem cells
– A proof-of-principle study of a CD133 targeted immunotoxin with a chemical linker
– Produce and characterize a recombinant CD133-targeted immunotoxin, and investigate its potential with PCI

***** My comments:

The whole paper is very interesting, and what i find astonishing is the following from page 49, quote:

"Chapter 6

PCI and Cirumvention of Resistance

All the papers of the thesis showed that TPCS2a-PDT-resistance did not affect the sensitivity to PCI. Chemotherapeutics and targeted and non-targeted toxins were, hence, with great success delivered by the PCI method to all the different PDT-resistant cell lines. In the following sections mechanisms of how PCI may circumvent the TPCS2aPDT resistance are discussed"

What I believe this means is that with repeated chemo treatments, PCI successfully delivers to cells that initially proved to have developed resistance against PDT and it is well documented in the thesis that cells are still sensitive to PCI repeatedly.

I hope this will be the case for our extension study so we can improve efficacy of the treatment and don't worry about cancer cells being resistant to PCI method of treatment with repeated chemo procedures.

good luck

Redigert 19.01.2021 kl 15:01 Du må logge inn for å svare
bateman
29.07.2018 kl 14:50 3815

Very intresting StockDZ!

According to Sørlendingen, Therese is a study going on to examen to possibilty to have abscopal effect if patienta are treated with fimaChem.

bateman
27.07.2018 kl 11:24

I følge Sørlendingen, som er en av de mest opplyste Pcib aksjonærene, så pågår det nå et studie i samarbeid med Pcib og Radiumhospitalet der de undersøker rundt abscopal effekt og behandling med fimaChem.

Dette er ekstremt spennende da både Snøffelen og ILAV har spekulert om at dobbel behandling med fimaChem kan utløse en abscopal effekt.

Fint om noen som husker disse innleggene og vet hvor de ligger kan lime det inn her. Det kan være dobbelbehandling er nøkkelen til økt OS.
Som sagt før, vi beveger oss inn i et meget spennende farvann nå....
Stock DZ
29.07.2018 kl 15:17 3766

Correct, there is a study ongoing, PW was asked about this in Q1 presentation, but he said he did not have an update and also said he will check and get back to person who asked the question with updates on this (I believe it was Sørlendingen :) ) so may be someone could remind him of this in Q2 presentation :)
Stock DZ
29.07.2018 kl 15:24 3752

bateman

making your wish becoming true :) :), see below:

Snøffelen
26.04.2018 kl 10:37
Som diskutert virker det å være abskopale effekter:

""It will be noted from Figure 9 that only 14 tumours were anticipated to be treated (i.e. in the illumination area). However, as noted in Figure 8 when considering all tumours, including those not in the irradiation area, of 19 tumours 17 showed a response. This indicates that at least 3 of the tumours outside the illumination area responded to treatment suggesting that the effect extends beyond the illumination area. It is considered possible that this may result from the release of molecules from the irradiated tumours that may stimulate a local immune response which targets tumours outside the irradiation site. These results are of great significance offering treatment of cho!angiocarcinomas to patients where previously no effective treatment was available."

Som verifisert av "vår" immunolog og virolog ILAV:

"Innlegg av: ILAV (23.04.18 22:50 ), lest 1233 ganger
Ticker: PCIB
RE^1: Detaljert info fra fase 1 framme i lyset

Snøffelen

To behandlinger kan teoretisk sett resultere i en immunologisk (abscopal) effekt i min verden.

Første behandling dreper kreftcellene. De døende/døde cellene vil garantert tiltrekke seg immunceller som da vil kunne respondere på tumorspesifikke antigener.

Andre behandling samme antigener men nå vil immuncellene være primet mot disse. Det blir en booster-effekt."

Da er det greit å se fra endringsmeldingen innsendt til REK for extensionstudien at akkurat det skal sjekkes grundig ut:

https://helseforskning.etikkom.no/page/prosjekterirek/prosjektregister/prosjekt?p_document_id=596431&p_parent_id=604385&_ikbLanguageCode=n

Utdrag fra endringsmelding datert 07.06.2017

"4) Det vil bli tatt et større volum med blod (et tillegg på 162 ml over ca. 6 mnd) i den utvidede fase I delen for å se på mulige immune effekter av PCI behandlingen og farmakokinetikken ved andre gangs PCI, samt at det tas blodprøve for analyse av platinum før og etter andre gangs PCI behandling."

Mao det kan skje at vi får flere gode meldinger enn "bare" safety og effekt.
Redigert 26.04.2018 kl 10:38

bateman
29.07.2018 kl 20:35 3522

Nice, thanks a lot StockDZ!

You’re contribution is very good!:)
bateman
29.07.2018 kl 20:47 3488

Anbefaler alle å lese og forstå dette innlegget til ILAV!
Det er kanskje det viktigste med hele 2 gangsbehandlingen og som kan gi dramatisk bedre OS! Pcib kan for enorm opperksomhet hvis data fra extension studien er like bra eller bedre enn cohort 3 og 4.
Svaret foreligger snart, og den dagen meldingen kommer(gitt at den er positiv) så tror jeg kursen når ATH rimelig kjapt!
Redigert 31.07.2018 kl 09:48 Du må logge inn for å svare
bateman
31.07.2018 kl 14:53 3191

Har markedet glemt hva som er i gjerdet her????? Eller har varmen slått ut alle smarte investorer?
Scoopfinder
31.07.2018 kl 15:07 3162

Bare småposter som lager støy. Glem det.
Når det kommer en melding blir det "andre boller" :-)
Stock DZ
20.08.2018 kl 02:08 2759

This is related to the extension study as per REK website, there are two links the second link comes with some updates to the treatment protocol:

https://helseforskning.etikkom.no/prosjekterirek/prosjektregister/vedtak?sprek_parent_id=596431&p_document_id=715906&dato=07.06.2017

https://helseforskning.etikkom.no/prosjekterirek/prosjektregister/vedtak?sprek_parent_id=596431&p_document_id=910819&dato=25.10.2017

Quote:
“4) Det vil bli tatt et større volum med blod (et tillegg på 162 ml over ca. 6 mnd) i den utvidede fase I delen for å se på mulige immune effekter av PCI behandlingen og farmakokinetikken ved andre gangs PCI, samt at det tas blodprøve for analyse av platinum før og etter andre gangs PCI behandling.”

This probably means we will also get more information on the immune response in addition to safety and efficacy :)

Redigert 20.08.2018 kl 02:12 Du må logge inn for å svare
Stock DZ
22.08.2018 kl 14:00 2453

From this link below that I shared before regarding extension study you can read the following:

«Komiteen vurderer dermed at det ikke er noen særlig økt risiko for bivirkninger ved den repeterte behandlingen, slik at nytten for pasientene fremdeles overstiger risiko for bivirkninger»

https://helseforskning.etikkom.no/prosjekterirek/prosjektregister/vedtak?sprek_parent_id=596431&p_document_id=715906&dato=07.06.2017 5

For me this is almost a confirmation of safety for repeated treatment, rest is to have it official. I don’t know but you, you might have a different opinion on how to interpret this!!
nextmove
22.08.2018 kl 14:20 2393

Stock DZ,

dette er vel REKs vurdering før oppstart av den utvida studien med gjentatt behandling. Denne vurderinga må forstås på bakgrunn av at en i hoveddelen av fase 1 ikke registrerte noen "dose limiting toxicities" (0 DLT).

For min del er jeg overbevist om at sikkerhetsdata fra de nødvendige seks evaluerbare pasientene allerede foreligger og at de er like gode som sist. Men ettersom dette er kliniske deldata, er de tvilsomt meldingspliktige. Derfor tror jeg at det mange nå oppfatter som en forsinkelse, enten skyldes detaljer i tilknytning til studieoppsettet eller (og mer sannsynlig) spørsmål knytta til klinikkene som skal delta (kanskje litt ekstra tidkrevende å få på plass klinikker i Øst-Asia?).

Redigert 22.08.2018 kl 14:41 Du må logge inn for å svare