REC - Summer update: sell tp 0,70

Sa2ri
REC 06.08.2018 kl 20:45 10217

SB1M er ute med en Summer update på blant annet REC. De skriver blant annet følgende:

Summer update – Challenging polysilicon market and financial situation

Conclusion
Our scenario for a sharp polysilicon price drop has played out during the summer. After China cut subsidies to solar power on June 1st 2018, prices are down 26% and the high grade (9N) spot price now stands at USD10.9/kg. As a response, REC has reduced production at Moses Lake to 25% of capacity, down from 50%, which resulted in increased cash cost to USD15.2-15.9/kg for the remaining of 2018. The company’s cash position was reduced to USD42m at the end of Q2 2018, down from USD50m at the end of Q1 2018. Our investment case remains intact and we believe it is a significant risk for the need of external financing and potential shut down of Moses Lake. We reiterate our Sell recommendation and target price of NOK0.7 per share.

Our analysis:
Polysilicon prices reaching the USD10/kg mark as feared
Our scenario for a sharp polysilicon price drop has played out during the summer. After China cut subsidies to solar power on June 1st 2018, prices are down 26% and the high grade (9N) spot price now stands at USD10.9/kg (keep in mind that REC sold its FBR polysilicon at a 28% discount to the spot price in 2017). REC reported only one shipment of polysilicon following June 1 and the market remains challenging. The price reduction continues, although at a lower reduction rate, and we argue that a combination of 15% supply growth and 6% demand reduction on our estimates does not look good for polysilicon producers. The main implication for REC is that the company should shut down Moses Lake to reduce the cash drain from operations, a decision that may be made in the coming months.

Production reduction resulting in weaker guidance
One month after China cut subsidies to the solar power industry, on July 1 2018 REC decided to reduce the production at Moses Lake to 25% of capacity, down from 50%. The reduced capacity results in higher cash cost and in its Q2 2018 report REC guided at a cash cost of USD15.9/kg and USD15.2/kg for Q3 and Q4 2018 respectively, significantly above the previously guided USD11.7/kg for 2018. RECs cash position was reduced to USD42m at the end of Q2 2018, and with potential payments of USD31m for a tax claim, USD25m for an indemnity loan, USD8.3m Yulin fees and a potential reversal of working capital, we believe there is a significant need for external financing within the next 12 months.

Investment case remains intact
The share price has come down 50% since peak in January 2018, but we still remain cautious towards the financing situation. The value of Moses Lake represents an option in the current market, but it comes at a significant cost which drains the cash generation in the company. The silane gas business at Butte represents the majority of valuation in our view, but we question the durability of the current very lucrative EBITDA margins of c.70% on our estimates. The total silane gas market is approximately 5,250MT and the sale from Butte of 3,675MT represents 70% of the total market. Yulin will have a production capacity of c.22,000MT and a loading capacity of 500MT. At 70% EBITDA margin, we argue that it may only be a matter of time before Yulin decides to increase the loading capacity of silane gas and create a significant supply shock in the market. This, a 6.0X EV/EBITDA multiple at Butte may be too lofty.

Best regards,

Jonas Meyer
Equity Analyst
Redigert 20.01.2021 kl 10:49 Du må logge inn for å svare
Sa2ri
09.08.2018 kl 21:11 4231

Jeg tenker en 10%-er må settes på en kurs som markedet er villig til å være med på. Pålydende, er nok ikke en slik kurs med den utviklingen vi har sett den siste tiden ??
petrol
09.08.2018 kl 21:26 4191

Så du mener altså at man kan tegne aksjer til en kurs lavere enn pålydende verdi? Eller skal man foreta en nedskrivning av pålydende verdi i forkant av en emisjon?
JohnnyBGood
10.08.2018 kl 09:30 3943

Ad noen av de største forbrukerne av silan fra REC Butte:

I mai antydet Digitimes at produksjonen av store LCD-display kunne falle i H2-2018. Både den 27. juli og nå den 8. august melder industrien/AOU derimot om økte ordre.

Denne uka meldte Digitimes at AOU likevel registrerer en økning av salget i juli på 1,6 % for store display, og 14,5 % for mindre display. Omsetningen steg 3,9 % i juli.

Innolux rapporterer også om økt omsetning i juli, men -5,5 % for salget av store display og +14,4 % for små display (under 10 tommer). Deres produksjonslinjer for små display går på full kapasitet nå.
Sofafilosof
10.08.2018 kl 09:43 3905

Takk for denne oppdateringen, JBG. Hvis pengemaskinen Butte fortsatt holder koken og PV-markedet allerede strammer seg etter Kinasjokket i juni/juli (vi så antydning til dette i de siste markedsrapportene) så kan det bli virkelig spennende igjen i REC. Lave volumer i ukesvis nå, og det kan gi store utslag hvis bunnfiskere kjemper mot shortinndekning om billige aksjer i tiden som kommer.
Redigert 10.08.2018 kl 09:44 Du må logge inn for å svare
keane
10.08.2018 kl 09:55 3856

REC her tror jeg er et MEGET bra kjøp nå!
Slettet bruker
10.08.2018 kl 13:20 3629

Ser at omsetningen er minimal selv om det jobbes feberilsk for å få ut flest mulig aksjer, frem og tilbake med kjøp og salgsodrer men salgsvolmet beveger seg lite, men noen greier dei sikkert å lure aksjene fra. Har selv kjøpt 75k aksjer i dag til nå og sitter med 600k aksjer med et hyggelig snitt.
milk
10.08.2018 kl 15:13 3495

Jeg syns Dere er tøffe som fremdeles hamstrer aksjer i REC! Eller driver Dere bare et spill for galleriet for å prøve å påvirke kursen. Å tro at skriverier på dette forumet kan presse kursen opp,er som å tro på julenissen ;-)
Slettet bruker
10.08.2018 kl 15:42 3439

milk
Jeg driver intet spill for galleriet, jeg mener at aksjen skal opp, derfor kjøper jeg, om shorterne greier å drive kursen ned for en periode er det bare bra, kan da benytte anledningen til å kjøpe flere.
milk
10.08.2018 kl 16:04 3389

Et ord er et ord,å en mann er en mann! Jeg har en liten post i REC,men tørr ikke gå på kjøperen for mer.... Håper Dere får uttelling for iskald satsing ;-)