19 mars: COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a HCID in the UK

Slettet bruker
26.03.2020 kl 22:52 309

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid#status-of-covid-19

"Status of COVID-19
As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.
The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase."

---

"In the UK, a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) is defined according to the following criteria:

acute infectious disease
typically has a high case-fatality rate
may not have effective prophylaxis or treatment
often difficult to recognise and detect rapidly
ability to spread in the community and within healthcare settings
requires an enhanced individual, population and system response to ensure it is managed effectively, efficiently and safely"
Fjordgubben
26.03.2020 kl 23:40 293

Tipper de fleste briter har hatt corona sykdommen, de fleste har hatt så milde symptomer at man har tatt det som en vanlig forkjølelse.

Har lest så mye rart om dette at jeg blir helt matt....
Slettet bruker
27.03.2020 kl 00:13 276

Imperial Collegue, som sente sjokkbølger gjennom UK og fikk Boris Johnson på banen da de spådde 500K døde i et worst case scenario, har i dag anslått at antall døde vil bli mindre enn 20K. Dette baserer de på tiltak som er satt i verk. Right wing media i USA bruker imidlertid denne rapporten til å argumentere om at det er trygt å slakke på tiltakene.

https://twitter.com/zackbeauchamp/status/1243260361521926151
Redigert 27.03.2020 kl 00:13 Du må logge inn for å svare